[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

i actually didn't have any intention to watch this in first place, but here i am so invested to these wonderful characters... in fact the best thing about this drama i think is on its characters and that reason only is enough for me to stay till the end of the series. 

i have known both krw - psh but never really paying attention... probably because i'm not really a fan of krw's long hair like in the past and never really fond of psh boyish co-stars lol, but ofc i'm always aware both are great actors, well i mean they are practically veterens in the industry. so i finally gave a try with less expectations (although i'm so thirsty of good romance that would work for me because other popular dramas apparently not for me), and i can say this... when you watch with less expectations and it turns out to be good that's indeed the best feeling ever! hahaha. hong3 and hyejung are so magical together i can't get enough of them, they bring those giddy feelings again in me just by looking at them <3

i personally hope krw stays being private and just focus to his acting. i just wanna enjoy his next works peacefully without so much drama because of idol/hallyu star status lol

ps. about ljs food support, let's not let your shipper minds do the work will you? sorry but it's kinda annoying. ofc ljs would include only his close friends, it will be weird if he puts krw face/name there xD

cheers all.. this is our last week *sobs*

NvM7uW6.gif

UAkeTEQ.gif

Spoiler

MEZnKOJ.gif

89rTXWW.gif

cr: dc krw

• Like 22

@Celi67 I think if you read the posts before you will realise the general consensus is the more food trucks the merrier. There are no ill feelings and we have moved on from the topic. 

29CB3708-202D-4C85-B24E-9FFB50FFEFDE_zps

29C1F169-DDCF-4DB0-BB50-BD03B2A0A312_zps

cr: all photos from SBS PDnote, all subs from The Nerves Gone Wild team @VIKI

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Niki Azia said:

KRW's famous in SK. Knetiven & Kviewer love him very2 much. That why all of his drama was success & got a higher rating (2 digit rating).

i watched all his drama & his movie ... for me, he's superb actor. 

3 hours ago, Ayame said:

I've been watching dramas/movies for about 15 years now, although my perspective is obviously as an international fan, since I've never lived in Korea or anything like that, but KRW is pretty well-known in Korea, for both his drama and his movies.

3 hours ago, ixora6 said:

I think he is more like a critically-acclaimed actor. To be honest, I think those who said that might be among young k-drama viewers, probably around 15-20 years old or perhaps those who just started watching k-drama less than 6-7 years. I'm 24 years old but I have been watching k-dramas since 2003. I've seen KRW's name many times since years ago. Btw, some Doctors fans in my country were a fan of KRW back then.

Same here! KRW is a well-know actor in South Korea and internationally with a consistent career. He's a respected and acclaimed one. Like @Niki Azia, @Ayame and @ixora6, I have been watching dramas for a long time and I knew him since then. I think that for many of young viewers this is the first time that they watch one of his dramas. This is what people call... Age gap...:D 

• Like 14

why is there even a discussion about this food truck thing? it's really ridiculous. food trucks in drama terms means a way to show support for those who you are close w/ or have worked w/ before. LJS & KRW has NEVER crossed paths as actors. It's a reasonable reason behind why KRW isn't included. Like how the other actors names ARENT included when PSH's friends send her food trucks. Or how other actors names aren't included when LSK OR YKS have received their own support food trucks. 

This kind of conversation only ignites fire to those who want to cause drama. It's unnecessary. This isn't a shipper thread about how LJS sent it to make "KRW JEALOUS" that's an assumption, not a fact. 

• Like 21

44 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I love your post. I was thinking when reading the highlighted part of your comment that he's already famous in my opinion....I knew him long before this drama. However, I do think this drama will make him famous among a different genre of audiences.  PSH is well known among the "idol" fans, a lot of whom are very young. This can be seen by the comments of some saying 27 years old is very old---only someone in their early teens would think 27 is old. While other young fans think KRW is "hot" (couldn't agree with them more).  My point is that some of these fans probably have never seen a KRW drama or movie because his dramas tend to be a little more "mature"; not cutesy, teenage type dramas that PSH usually stars.  So people flocking to this drama to see PSH, are seeing KRW for the first time.  By the same token, I think PSH may be getting new fans as well.  I think KRW's quality of acting, has raised the level of acting in PSH. This drama has drawn a mixed audience.

Their great acting and superb chemistry complemented each other. For me and also for most people, Hye Jung is the best character that has been played by PSH to date and I'm glad this character is able to bring out the best of PSH, for which she can show people what she's got. I've no doubt that KRW might have taught her and gave her some tips as a senior. But PSH's excellent/top-notch acting in Doctors is due and driven by her own efforts, talent and ability to cooperate well with her costars as well as Hye Jung character.

I think this drama has captured the mass audience in Korea and stable rating because of the main leads, PSH and KRW (different generations) and the healing theme and medical drama that people of all ages can enjoy and appreciate it.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

I love your post. I was thinking when reading the highlighted part of your comment that he's already famous in my opinion....I knew him long before this drama. However, I do think this drama will make him famous among a different genre of audiences.  PSH is well known among the "idol" fans, a lot of whom are very young. This can be seen by the comments of some saying 27 years old is very old---only someone in their early teens would think 27 is old. While other young fans think KRW is "hot" (couldn't agree with them more).  My point is that some of these fans probably have never seen a KRW drama or movie because his dramas tend to be a little more "mature"; not cutesy, teenage type dramas that PSH usually stars.  So people flocking to this drama to see PSH, are seeing KRW for the first time.  By the same token, I think PSH may be getting new fans as well.  I think KRW's quality of acting, has raised the level of acting in PSH. This drama has drawn a mixed audience.

Agree with you 100% about what you say. It's perception, different K-drama interests, different genre of audiences and age gap, nothing more, nothing less. This is what make it interesting. Like you say, that it was good for PSH works with such an experienced actor like KRW.  And I'm agree with you 1000% about that KRW is HOT! :w00t: :blush:

• Like 15

Hello , hello once again  , beautiful people !!

What is going on here ? why i feel this negative energy ?

Relax people , just be like before ... c'mon ,  few more days alnd all this will be over . :)

let's enjoy this topic  , like we always did :D 

HM , THAT IS BECAUSE TODAY WE DIDNT CONTINUE WITH OUR SCENARIOS , RIGHT ? hahaha 

CqX3Ef4VUAEvESQ.jpg

credit to the owner

fighting !!!!

• Like 13

.....LOL... @Kasmic thank you for IG flooding hahaha they were so hilarious...this three has to make comedic drama together...

and finally SH update her IG again with her picture...I notice she support her ex manager by wearing T-shirt with brand name KUDZU..it show how loyal she is with her friends...:grin:

CqZOeMDUIAAvosI.jpgCqZOeN0VIAAh0qZ.jpg

credit pics to the owner

1 hour ago, Celi67 said:

ash011.. There's nothing funny for ljs not putting krw name coz he doesn't know him and he never work with him.  Hope everyone   Will stop this. Tq

No hard feelings my friend :) Even i like LJS and have watched Pinocchio(because of shinhye) and i liked his acting and there friendship too.. And i guess you misunderstood the message..we all had a question and we asked it, that's it..no hatred !! As everyone has the right to ask questions right? And funny i meant we all patients were being funny (since waiting for the episodes made us like that :D )Hope there is no more discussion about it.. :) 

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

PRETTY PSH IG UPDATE ! SCRIPT FROM EP 19 :) she said today fans can enjoy back to back for episode 18&19 ❤️

MY ANGEL !!!!! WHY SOOO PRETTY !!!! YES all ready to watch.. hope the YT livestreaming is good today... Please please

OMO did you guys watch this video????? THOSE 3 SOOOO CUTE.... I Bet LJS will be damn happy watching this haha.. LOVE THERE FRIENDSHIP.. *touchwood*

• Like 22

52 minutes ago, coffee4life said:

Their great acting and superb chemistry complemented each other. For me and also for most people, Hye Jung is the best character that has been played by PSH to date and I'm glad this character is able to bring out the best of PSH, for which she can show people what she's got. I've no doubt that KRW might have taught her and gave her some tips as a senior. But PSH's excellent/top-notch acting in Doctors is due and driven by her own efforts, talent and ability to cooperate well with her costars as well as Hye Jung character.

I think this drama has captured the mass audience in Korea and stable rating because of the main leads, PSH and KRW (different generations) and the healing theme and medical drama that people of all ages can enjoy and appreciate it.

I'm going to disagree with you on this point. The character didn't bring out the best of PSH, PSH brought the flat character written on paper to life with the aid of an excellent director and a wonderful co-actor, KRW, and her own commitment to acting her role convincingly.  In the BTS clips, it's clear how much work the director puts into each scene. We also see how KRW works to get the best out of scenes with PSH and she with him. For me, this is the most adult role I have ever seen her in....so much versatility in her acting......something I haven seen before in her.  I can't help but think if this drama stared another male lead with a different director if this drama would have the same vibe.  There are little nuances that I see in KRW's acting that I also, in this drama, seen in PSH. I agree they complement each other.

• Like 17