[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

46 minutes ago, zia28 said:

Not just that..i realize too that he is rarely act in drama for past 10 years, mostly a movie..that's why he is out of my radar...2 years ago i'm still prefer actors that have flower boy looks and great acting skill (SJK, KSH, JIS, JW)..thanks doctors for bring me to realize that KRW is so charming (perfect namja/oppa/husband looks) and have great acting skill :wub::wub::wub:

I've been watching Korean dramas and movies since around 2001, so I do remember him in 'My Little Bride' (which I loved at the time), and 'Love Story in Harvard' (which I was obsessed with at the time as well lol), but I really became a fan of him in 2006 with 'Which Star Are You From'. I do have a lot of actors I like, but KRW is among the top of my list. I'm glad that he got more international fans through Doctors. (Also I remember when I became a fan of him, I was happy at the fact that my birthday is on March 19th, same as his LOL, though year-wise I was born in 1990 like PSH.)

• Like 24

Hi everybody,  I've been a silent lurker for a while and I'm glad there are inetz who are  enjoying Doctors. I have been reading comments from other forums and as you already know there are many people who try to put doctors down because their fave drama has lower rating. I just brush off such comments but there is something I would like to ask since I am fairly new in dramaland: I know a high  rating is important but what about international fans, do  they really count?  people argue that doctors has higher ratings in Korea but says that ifans prefer other shows meaning that international success is more important And ratings in Korea are not.  I'll give you an example , they blame doctors for the cutting of episodes of another drama wich according to some international fans is way more popular among ifans and therefore is more successful. 

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say,  English is not my first language and I want to understand all the comments about succesful or not so succesful dramas.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Ayame said:

I've been watching Korean dramas and movies since around 2001, so I do remember him in 'My Little Bride' (which I loved at the time), and 'Love Story in Harvard' (which I was obsessed with at the time as well lol), but I really became a fan of him in 2006 with 'Which Star Are You From'. I do have a lot of actors I like, but KRW is among the top of my list. I'm glad that he got more international fans through Doctors. (Also I remember when I became a fan of him, I was happy at the fact that my birthday is on March 19th, same as his LOL, though year-wise I was born in 1990 like PSH.)

1990-er? Kim min seok,  lee sun kyung & park shin hye 's chinggue... :D hello Ayame~ :wub:

Daum still open their poll on http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/pick/poll/detail.html?pid=8a90c4384dc3a79c01569b494829094a

8fb13a145f.jpg

Spoiler

8fa8041e7a.jpg

8fa7e56af1.jpg

8fb0c0e71e.jpg

8fafc699a7.jpg

Hong saem still get more spotlight there. U cant beat versatile and veteran actors thought u are really good actors or are Doctors (hong saem) popularity really sore in Korea (rating didnt lie)? Coz i just cant believe my eyes whn many inetz so mean towards doctors (Except PATIENTS) Kekeke~ 

8faeadd734.jpg

• Like 24

1 hour ago, joyspartace_stv said:

I would have to agree with all of you. Being a longtime fan of KRW, one of the many reasons why I love him is the fact that he doesn't let the popularity get to him. You can see that he's still the same down to earth, introvert guy that he is from way back when. Like he said, he comes from a family of Doctors so he thought that eventually he'll get into the medical side if acting didn't work out. When everything was on a slump, I think I remember an old interview where he found more love in acting than he thought he would. 

I tend to love older, mature, and masculine looking actors a lot more than the typical flower boys that ppl nowadays rave over. Another reason why I adore and respect KRW as an actor & human itself. 

One absolute thing I love about PSH / KRW as fans of them both is that once they're done acting, they're off the radar. You don't see them that often when they're on break. They're always either on vacation w/ their loved ones & close friends. They do what they love because they love it. They don't feed off the popularity or do things that upset you. 

Being actors in the industry for more than 16-18 years for the both of them, you can say it's an accomplishment for them to always staying the same. They're both loved individually by the neitzens. They're both loved by their growing and flawless acting. 

For this drama to have met KRW & PSH, it's a blessing to us.

I really appreciated KimRaeWon's charisma acting so much in Doctors, he portrays the decent with charming, it is very tough to create dynamic in this kibd of role but he can. From BTS, KimRaeWon works so hard to design acting and create adlibs in each line in each scene. JiHong does exist in the world to audiences' mind.

For ParkShinHye, after watching Doctors, I thought she is one of the best actresses in her age with multi-talent in dramatic, bright, lively, in love, actions and etc. Her fresh energy in restless shooting is really amazing. (I tried watching Pinocchio a bit as sb in this forum mentioned, storyline might be very interesting but acting style in Pinocchio could not match my favorite kind. I prefer more naturally matured and believing acting, rather than teens' rhythm. Heirs is much more teens' type than Pinicchio, I don't like too)

1 hour ago, ritasimona27 said:

Hi everybody,  I've been a silent lurker for a while and I'm glad there are inetz who are  enjoying Doctors. I have been reading comments from other forums and as you already know there are many people who try to put doctors down because their fave drama has lower rating. I just brush off such comments but there is something I would like to ask since I am fairly new in dramaland: I know a high  rating is important but what about international fans, do  they really count?  people argue that doctors has higher ratings in Korea but says that ifans prefer other shows meaning that international success is more important And ratings in Korea are not.  I'll give you an example , they blame doctors for the cutting of episodes of another drama wich according to some international fans is way more popular among ifans and therefore is more successful. 

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say,  English is not my first language and I want to understand all the comments about succesful or not so succesful dramas.

Some sour grapes tried very hard to broadcast their irrational  theory in websites  (they disappointed from their favorite drama got low rating or their favorite main actor/actress got negative acting critique)  which are

1. Higher rating drama series might be lower quality than Low rating drama series.

2. High rating drama Series in Korea might not be responded well in other countries while low rating drama series in Korea might be more popular in other countries.

We, as Doctors' audiences, would consider facts, rather than  such irrational theory

***As we have known that Doctors can acheive both super high rating and high recognition in qualitative aspects by Scripts&Casts&Crews both in Korea and in other countries. We could check from several sources of social network, rather than just fake score from a certain web which sour grapes tried to distort. 

In addition to let international fans watch from webs, official Copyright in several countries will be on air too.

-----------

The series began airing in Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia through Sony's Pay-TV channel ONE TV Asia on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 20:10 (SST|MYT), 19:10 (WIB) within 24 hours of its first telecast in South Korea. It is also available for streaming in Singapore on Viu with English subtitles.

In Thailand, it aired on Channel 8 in the network RS Promotion, on Mondays and Tuesdays at 22:00 starting July 4, 2016. 

In the United States, the drama airs in the Los Angeles DMA free, over-the-air on Asian American-oriented TV channel, LA 18 KSCI-TV (channel 18) with English subtitles, Mon-Tues 9:00PM, from July 18 to September 20, 2016.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

Because doctors i'm finish watching punch, usually i don't like such a typical drama, so complicated and didn't much have romantic scene (Kim Ah Joong so pretty btw) but i addict to watch it till end because of KRW great acting skill, after doctors end i'll watch love story in harvard too :)

• Like 16

1 hour ago, tatidu said:

THIS. This is I agree so much. I check most of his drama reach 20% and above in rating but yet he still the same. Popularity is nothing for him but he want to be recognized as versatile actor. Acting is his world. 

2 hours ago, zia28 said:

Not just that..i realize too that he is rarely act in drama for past 10 years, mostly a movie..that's why he is out of my radar...2 years ago i'm still prefer actors that have flower boy looks and great acting skill (SJK, KSH, JIS, JW)..thanks doctors for bring me to realize that KRW is so charming (perfect namja/oppa/husband looks) and have great acting skill :wub::wub::wub:

1 hour ago, Rin90 said:

Id watched which star are you come from years ago. I like tht series so much but didnt knew much abt him. I want to watch attic cat but after doctors end. Hihi 

Reveal hidden contents

Park shin hye and kim rae won's movie will in cinema this years and im so excited abt it. Please please bring thm again together in movie... i want action movies. Shin hye as villian who fall in love with detective ++kim rae won kekeke!

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

1 hour ago, joyspartace_stv said:

I would have to agree with all of you. Being a longtime fan of KRW, one of the many reasons why I love him is the fact that he doesn't let the popularity get to him. You can see that he's still the same down to earth, introvert guy that he is from way back when. Like he said, he comes from a family of Doctors so he thought that eventually he'll get into the medical side if acting didn't work out. When everything was on a slump, I think I remember an old interview where he found more love in acting than he thought he would. 

I tend to love older, mature, and masculine looking actors a lot more than the typical flower boys that ppl nowadays rave over. Another reason why I adore and respect KRW as an actor & human itself. 

One absolute thing I love about PSH / KRW as fans of them both is that once they're done acting, they're off the radar. You don't see them that often when they're on break. They're always either on vacation w/ their loved ones & close friends. They do what they love because they love it. They don't feed off the popularity or do things that upset you. 

Being actors in the industry for more than 16-18 years for the both of them, you can say it's an accomplishment for them to always staying the same. They're both loved individually by the neitzens. They're both loved by their growing and flawless acting. 

For this drama to have met KRW & PSH, it's a blessing to us.

Agree with you. KRW is a great actor. He's so versatile. He can do comedy, dramas, romance, thrillers, action and any gender. A lot of people here didn't know him but I love him since 'My Little  Bride' and 'Attic Cat' and I have been following him since then. He's so down to earth and a very responsible person. He's not in scandals. He's not like others actors that want to be in the spot all the time. I admire him for that. And I need to confess that I decided to watch 'Doctors' for him. He was my first reason, but the second, PSH, of course, and their extraordinary chemistry...:wub:

And I think that we, her fans, are like him... we don't make much noise and only enjoy his work. :blush:

@ritasimona27, welcome to this amazing thread! 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Ahpheng said:

Hahahaha..so funny..i always enjoy your c-strip, thank you :wub: 

Writernim..thank you for bring HJH character and i just love love love HongHongHong nickname for male lead, thank you for KRW too that can make Hongsaem become live and loving character :wub:

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

I really appreciated KimRaeWon's charisma acting so much in Doctors, he portrays the decent with charming, it is very tough to create dynamic in this kibd of role but he can. From BTS, KimRaeWon works so hard to design acting and create adlibs in each line in each scene. JiHong does exist in the world to audiences' mind.

For ParkShinHye, after watching Doctors, I thought she is one of the best actresses in her age with multi-talent in dramatic, bright, lively, in love, actions and etc. Her fresh energy in restless shooting is really amazing. (I tried watching Pinocchio a bit as sb in this forum mentioned, storyline might be very interesting but acting style in Pinocchio could not match my favorite kind. I prefer more naturally matured and believing acting, rather than teens' rhythm. Heirs is much more teens' type than Pinicchio, I don't like too)

Some sour grapes tried very hard to broadcast their irrational  theory in websites  (they disappointed from their favorite drama got low rating or their favorite main actor/actress got negative acting critique)  which are

1. Higher rating drama series might be lower quality than Low rating drama series.

2. High rating drama Series in Korea might not be responded well in other countries while low rating drama series in Korea might be more popular in other countries.

We, as Doctors' audiences, would consider facts, rather than  such irrational theory

***As we have known that Doctors can acheive both super high rating and high recognition in qualitative aspects by Scripts&Casts&Crews both in Korea and in other countries. We could check from several sources of social network, rather than just fake score from a certain web which sour grapes tried to distort. 

In addition to let international fans watch from webs, official Copyright in several countries will be on air too.

-----------

The series began airing in Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia through Sony's Pay-TV channel ONE TV Asia on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 20:10 (SST|MYT), 19:10 (WIB) within 24 hours of its first telecast in South Korea. It is also available for streaming in Singapore on Viu with English subtitles.

In Thailand, it aired on Channel 8 in the network RS Promotion, on Mondays and Tuesdays at 22:00 starting July 4, 2016. 

In the United States, the drama airs in the Los Angeles DMA free, over-the-air on Asian American-oriented TV channel, LA 18 KSCI-TV (channel 18) with English subtitles, Mon-Tues 9:00PM, from July 18 to September 20, 2016.

Thank you for your reply.  I was worried that  Doctors cast and crew wasnt receaving any recognition and it looked like inetz didn't care for the show. I used to read the post of a very well known blog  and niether the blog owner post nor the comments stated  that Doctors was being aired in different countries. 

I started watching doctors because KRW is my favorite actor and I must admit that PSH surprised me in a good way, I am a fan now.

49 minutes ago, andreasofia16 said:

@ritasimona27, welcome to this amazing thread! 

Thank you and thanks everybody for welcoming me. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

:lol:

============

SeoHyoRim's coffee truck support for #ParkShinHye

Hide contents

via 韓都衣舍朴信惠粉絲團

==============

Is it very common that the actors and crew hv the food or coffee truck from friends?  Or only the very popular stars have?

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 11

13 minutes ago, Jennypyho said:

Is it very common that the actors and crew hv the food or coffee truck from friends?  Or only the very popular stars have?

It's very common. most stars who have close friends or people who have worked w/ them before love to send each other food. to support the upcoming hard work under the weather conditions they go through. I love when stars send each other food / coffee trucks to each other. It's very sweet & shows how close these people are (:

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Ahpheng said:

Spoiler

Daebakk~!! 

I smiling reading ths cute c-strip (i dont even know what is c-strip before. Is it similar with fan fic?)

And krw monologue was sooo matchES with his action (@AhpHeng u are genius!). Is he really shy and dont know whre to looks when shin hye being so sexy ? If i was him, i will look with my two eyes. I dont care what other people will think. Haha. But im a woman, why should I looks at those legs? >_< LOL!

• Like 18

@Rin90 thanks for the compliment , well you can call it meme or comic strip or edits, I prefer c-strip as it is a sequence of drawings(screencaps) in boxes that tell an amusing ( hopefully !!) story.  Well...it's  like FanFic too coz I take the characters from the drama and create my own stories. 

@zia28 glad you enjoyed the 'hong3 all bothered' strip and you're welcome ! 

• Like 22