[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

Park Shin-hye, Kim Rae-won in new drama: official

Updated : April 01 2016

Actor Kim Rae-won and actress Park Shin-hye will star in a new SBS drama “Doctors,” production company Pan Entertainment said Friday.

In the medical drama “Doctors,” Kim plays neurosurgeon Hong Ji-hong, who also serves as a mentor to Yoo Hye-jung, a gangster-turned-doctor played by Park.

Park Shin-hye, Kim Rae-won (Pan Entertainment)
Park has starred in hit drama series such as “Pinocchio” and “The Heirs,” while Kim is known for his roles in the dramas “Thousand Days’ Promise” and “Punch.” This is the first time they are acting in the same drama.

“Doctors” is scheduled to premiere in June, on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)
  • Like 14

Very happy to hear Yoon Kun Sang accept!

He is a great addition to any drama and am totally convinced that he will own his character in "Doctors" too just like he did in Pinocchio and Six Flying Dragons.

I love what he brings to the characters through his acting....makes them memorable!

• Like 18

crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif@irilight Hello  Thanks for the shout out. I like Park Shin Hye a lot and am happy she chose this as her comeback drama.

I like the idea of her playing a character w/a dark rough side, I'm in

@suchadiva42 @jongski @andy78 @ororomunroe @jadecloud Waving hello

@valsava Super excited to you around! I have missed you:wub: Can't wait to read your take on the drama.

Edited by evie7
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, maris1 said:

Very happy to hear Yoon Kun Sang accept!

He is a great addition to any drama and am totally convinced that he will own his character in "Doctors" too just like he did in Pinocchio and Six Flying Dragons.

I love what he brings to the characters through his acting....makes them memorable!

I do too, very happy he accepted the role, and I agree with you,   @maris1.  Also, thank you for the video.

Thank you @seiram for the news

I also hope that Lee Sung-Kyung accepts the role offered to her.

@evie7, I am so glad you are here, chingu  :)

• Like 10

I hope they will start filming soon.  I don't want them to wait until May to start filming. I mean, this drama has been in the progress since December when the news of shin hye being considered first came out.

Given that it is a medical drama, it will be good if they start filming like in early or middle of April so that they would not have to run into live shootings in June when the drama is airing.

Lastly,  I pray that the script and the PD will be excellent because this writer is not a strong one when it comes to scripting and sometimes a good PDC can do wonder to a weak script

• Like 12

Great to see you here, @peanuts281   :)

Welcome to all newbies  to the thread    smiley-signs046.gif

Love all the character descriptions you have offered here!  

The person who wrote the description for Jung Yoon-Do (played by Yoon Kyun-Sang) certainly have a sense of humor....   "He chose the path of doctor to escape from his father's claws..."  Smiley 

@Kasmic, Thank you so much for the fan art posters.. Love them... Esp. the one at the bottom with KRW smiling.   Enjoy KRW older drama .  You are up for a treat. He was actually my entry to Kdrama, when I watched "Gourmet"  (I am a sucker for culinary drama/movies) and was hooked.  Then went back and caught up on just about everything I could find with him.

I am looking forward to seeing the pairing of him with PSH. I think they will be good together.

2 hours ago, JohariN said:

I pray that the script and the PD will be excellent because this writer is not a strong one when it comes to scripting and sometimes a good PDC can do wonder to a weak script

No news of a PD yet, right @JohariN?  Like you - I hope it is a good one.  About the scriptwriter - I did think highly of "Words from a Warm Heart," (That's where I first saw  Park Seo-Joon, and his pairing with Han Groo was fantastic. Left many of us crying with them in the end. )  But "High Society" was not my cuppa.   (Interestingly, it was was more popular, probably because Park Hyung-Sik and Sung Joon, as well as Uee).

I am curious what we will see here, since both those other drama dealt heavily with relationships that were in crisis and possibly mended...

SBS had their own announcement of the drama. Below is the photo of KRW-PSH they chose for their news item

source

• Like 18

Congrats Shinhye on your comeback drama. It has been a long wait since your last drama so I'm very happy to hear your good news.

Looking forward to see you bring your new character as a doctor to life. Hope you will also participate in the OST like previous dramas. Missing your soothing sweet voice too.

• Like 16

I'm still looking to see what other works has this PD done so far.

Also can we not have love triangle please?  I mean, I love the actors in this drama, but I feel like love triangles tend to ruin the momentum of the drama because people will be focusing on who will end up with the girl or boy instead of the actual story.

Or they can do like in Pinocchio where they second lead had a crush on the female lead, but it never became a big deal because she was and everybody new than she only like dalpo. Or they can just have the two second leads to have they own separate love line.

Bottom line, I'll even like the drama more if there is no romance. I mean just the description of a mentor relationship is more fresh and new than romance. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, JohariN said:

I hope they will start filming soon.  I don't want them to wait until May to start filming. I mean, this drama has been in the progress since December when the news of shin hye being considered first came out.

Given that it is a medical drama, it will be good if they start filming like in early or middle of April so that they would not have to run into live shootings in June when the drama is airing.

Lastly,  I pray that the script and the PD will be excellent because this writer is not a strong one when it comes to scripting and sometimes a good PDC can do wonder to a weak script

They should start filming in April as planned if nothing went wrong . I'm sure we will have LKS confirmed anytime now before they can officially start

Shinhye might have a movie Hyung coming out in May so either she will be super busy... 

52 minutes ago, JohariN said:

Also can we not have love triangle please?  I mean, I love the actors in this drama, but I feel like love triangles tend to ruin the momentum of the drama because people will be focusing on who will end up with the girl or boy instead of the actual story.

Or they can do like in Pinocchio where they second lead had a crush on the female lead, but it never became a big deal because she was and everybody new than she only like dalpo. Or they can just have the two second leads to have they own separate love line.

Bottom line, I'll even like the drama more if there is no romance. I mean just the description of a mentor relationship is more fresh and new than romance. 

This would be the 1st official work of the PD  Oh Choong-Hwan . He was assistant PD for My love from the stars and Five Finger and did a special "Run Toward Tomorrow"  but it was meh as well...  So he is the weaker link than the writer to me... I didn't like HS but I like her previous dramas... Hopefully the PD will improve and prove me wrong 

Based on all the information we gathered until now, the male lead will be teacher/mentor of the female lead so we don't know if they will have love line... Korea isn't that opened for teacher-student love line right? LOL

However, for this writer's record... she always alaways have love lines and it's quite steamy too... And it's usually 2 seperate pairs so let's wait and see

• Like 14

@Kasmic Hi there chingu and waving back to you that I'm so glad your joining this thread the more the merrier :D

@evie7 waving back at you 2 chingu and lets spazz this thread out :P

Yes I like both leads and will be looking forward to this drama when it airs, TBH" they couldn't have picked anybody else to play these roles for this drama as to where. I can't wait to see PSH put on her white coat as a Doctor and show us what she's working with ;)

• Like 13

Yoon Kyun Sang accepted the role for 'Doctors'?!?? YESSS!! I LOVE HIS ACTING!!! His character sounds interesting too!! Hopefully Lee Sung Kyung accepts her role too!! It would be interesting to see Lee Sun Kyung as a doctor :3

1 hour ago, JohariN said:

I agree, a love triangle would ruin the momentum of the drama.... but if a love triangle does happen, hopefully it wouldn't be cliche and that the love triangle doesn't ruin the drama...

• Like 7

I google the PD and found out that he was also the second PD for the Girl who see smells which is a drama that I enjoyed for the OTP interaction. So here is hoping that he will be even better than he was in TGWSS.

• Like 8