Quantcast

EP.07: Doctors 18.8%,

Spoiler

Monster 10.5%, Beautiful Mind 3.5%

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201607120628367737497_1&RURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.naver.com%2Fsearch.naver%3Fsm%3Dtab_hty.top%26where%3Dnews%26oquery%3D%25EB%258B%25A5%25ED%2584%25B0%25EC%258A%25A4%26ie%3Dutf8%26query%3D%25EB%258B%25A5%25ED%2584%25B0%25EC%258A%25A4 

=============

EP1 12.9% EP2 14.2% EP3 14.4% EP4 15.6% EP5 18.4% EP6 19.7% EP7 18.8%

CnHaGO6VMAAMFNa.jpg

============

Park Shin Hye's agency feared Doctor Crush would be a failure

59cafb33-b6e5-4465-a343-a47d08f7ecc0.jpg

Park Shin Hye's agency S.A.L.T Entertainment stated in a recent interview that they were actually prepared for Doctor Crush to be a flop. After already having had so many K-drama mega-hits, they were worried that her next drama would not be able to do as well as her past ones.

“We thought the timing [of this drama] would lead to a failure. How would we land a successful drama every single time? So we were prepared for failure, and told ourselves not to be disappointed too much if the drama didn’t do well."

They continued, "For the past 3 years, none of [Park Shin Hye's] dramas have failed, and everything always turned out well, so it's true that we were nervous for this one. People were saying that it was about time for at least one failure, and we also thought that there was no way we could succeed in everything. When we were choosing this next project, we wanted to go out in style, even if it did fail, so we chose Doctor Crush."

However, contrary to their concerns, Doctor Crush is already a huge success, reaching nationwide ratings just shy of 20% with episode 6. Viewers are excited to see what happens next and whether the ratings will continue to rise!

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/park-shin-hyes-agency-feared-doctor-crush-would-be-a-failure/

================

c as tagged

• Like 24
  • Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay Patients it's exactly 30 minutes before we see what happens to our dear Soo Chul (Jisoo)! Gear up and open your links early  @Kasmic @jeonghyang @bebebisous33 @maplekist @drmjs @inshara

Anyone in need of a CHARMING, EFFICIENT, PROTECTIVE, SMART, THOUGHTFUL, & WITTY Doctor with LTE-like Speed skills in Dating? Kindly raise your hand/s, feet, or whatever you can manage ヾ(。>

(Borrowed picture from @MAROSA_JIN's post.) (The sweet/cute/adorable one with KRW and PSH) (Warning: Really long, but totally worth it.)   Translation: Caption: 1. Arcade date

Posted Images

Daum Top Topic Discussion on Ep. 7

201607112244321710_1.jpg

Spoiler

201607112253773452_5783a748cd0bf.jpg

Spoiler

1468242682963.jpg

Credit : SBS Drama

Ratings ( nationwide )

1. Doctors ( SBS ) : 18.8 % ( - 0.9 % )   ----------------------> Ep. 7

2. Monster ( MBC ) : 10.5 % ( - 0.5 % )   ---------------------> Ep. 31

3. Beautiful Mind ( KBS2 ) : 3.5 % ( - 0.5 % )  --------------> Ep. 7

Credit : http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA31&newsid=01128326612713864&DCD=A1010

• Like 19

No matter how many times I repeat the ending scene, it just gets to me so much. It was so sad with that music, and them looking lovingly at each other, it was a goodbye. I don't think he will make it through...

wnO3Sec.png

• Like 23

I like how in this drama the writer is very realistic in that they didn't make HJ change right after being kissed. Many of the dramas I've seen they change instantly and end up falling head over heels. I was worried about how fast the pace of the drama was going. But I think everything is moving at a good pace and I love how it isn't too fast or too slow.

It's sad that HJ had such a horrible childhood that she believes that marriage results in arguments until death. I hope JH and SH will change the way she thinks of love. 

Edited by neenawin
  • Like 18

Rating dropped a bit

I hate that I saw it coming

It's the 1st preview that didn't top Naver 100 when it came out...  (ever since I started to keep track)

Knet don't even like IJY after Jackpot yet they had to put her in 1/3 of the preview...

They could have put JS instead... 

• Like 19
18 minutes ago, thao_2512 said:

Rating dropped a bit

I hate that I saw it coming

It's the 1st preview that didn't top Naver 100 when it came out...  (ever since I started to keep track)

Knet don't even like IJY after Jackpot yet they had to put her in 1/3 of the preview...

They could have put JS instead... 

I am glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I just dont like that actress, and I fastforwarded her scene (first time I did that during an episode of Doctors!). Give me more cheesy jelly romance, also the thrill is somewhat off. JH and HJ are too comfortable around each other and there is no tension there. 

• Like 12

I love how we're beginning to know more about the inner working of Hye Jung's thought process.  In the beginning we see her mother and father arguing and Hye Jung cowering outside. What she says about love is just so sad to me. Before her grandmother died, I think she was beginning to feel and return love, but after she died, Hye Jung harden herself against love.  I love the clip of them kissing even more now, because we see things better.

Hye Jung says in the beginning as a scene of her father is shown and later one of her and Ji hong on the benchsaid:

"To me, love between a man and woman means fighting until one side completely dies off."......."I don't know how to love a man. As a woman, I don't know how to receive love." 

Why does hearing her say this makes me want to cry. My heart feels so sad for her.  When Ji Jung is about to kiss her, she says to herself:  

"It's a kiss. I need to avoid it. Turn your head away! Hurry!"

But as we know, she doesn't turn her head away. Actually, she even leans into the kiss by standing on her toes.  That's why Ji Hung need to get on her level to kiss her.  After the kiss, she tells herself:

"Unlike my mom, I'm not going to die over love for a man."

Then when Ji Hung catches up to her, he says the sweetest thing that lets us all know that he very much understands Hye Jung's fears:

"The person who knows what loves is, moves first. Don't move. A person who don't know (what love is), don't move until you know."

I truly love this scene. Ji Hung has his work cut out for him. I wonder if her mother committed suicide. 

• Like 21
16 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I love how we're beginning to know more about the inner working of Hye Jung's thought process.  In the beginning we see her mother and father arguing and Hye Jung cowering outside. What she says about love is just so sad to me. Before her grandmother died, I think she was beginning to feel and return love, but after she died, Hye Jung harden herself against love.  I love the clip of them kissing even more now, because we see things better.

Hye Jung says in the beginning as a scene of her father is shown and later one of her and Ji hong on the benchsaid:

"To me, love between a man and woman means fighting until one side completely dies off."......."I don't know how to love a man. As a woman, I don't know how to receive love." 

Why does hearing her say this makes me want to cry. My heart feels so sad for her.  When Ji Jung is about to kiss her, she says to herself:  

"It's a kiss. I need to avoid it. Turn your head away! Hurry!"

But as we know, she doesn't turn her head away. Actually, she even leans into the kiss by standing on her toes.  That's why Ji Hung need to get on her level to kiss her.  After the kiss, she tells herself:

"Unlike my mom, I'm not going to die over love for a man."

Then when Ji Hung catches up to her, he says the sweetest thing that lets us all know that he very much understands Hye Jung's fears:

"The person who knows what loves is, moves first. Don't move. A person who don't know (what love is), don't move until you know."

I truly love this scene. Ji Hung has his work cut out for him. I wonder if her mother committed suicide. 

It's said that her dad accidentally killed her mom... That's why she can't really forgive him even she doesn't hate him... 

And her dad neglected her because he was guilty is making it worse...

Then we know how the stepmom is ... 

• Like 14

OMG this episode!

I feel SO sorry for HJ. She's going to so be so devastated, poor thing! Will she make the athlete surgery with JH? I'm afraid that maybe she's going to take the fault if something goes wrong in this surgery.

I'm confused about the ratings, I saw in twitter that epi 7 got  21.56% . So what is the truth?

• Like 13

Annyeong Chingu's   I have come to realise I will never like SW. She is very rude and has no manners. SW thinks the hospital belongs to her and the people around her should just do whatever she deicides.  How can she think to just walk in to anyone's office without knocking first. I don't think she can change. It isn't in her make up chingu's. For example how can you keep falling for people who have no interest in you. Fist our teacher and now your Sunbae. Doesn't this girl know the true meaning to love. SHe is always trying to get into peoples affair. Then she tells YD "I Love You". All she is doing is scaring tht poor guy away. Meanwhile HJ is running aways from anyone showing any interest or she is just blind to people adavances. I feel bad for HJ because she can funtion but doesn't know the way to socializing with people. smh smh 

I rather enjoyed this episode because I was so happyy to see her embracing the female side of her. She was so happy and ready to take a chance but now SC got hurt. All her fears are coming back in full alert.  Uhhhhhhhhhhh * grabbing my Hair**.... I think it is a little to early for her fear to be alert. smh smh sm 

• Like 17

"Doctors" decreases slightly but still in first place

2016/07/11 

1468244983-98.jpg

Source Pic:http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=204155

"Doctors" came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea, the seventh episode of "Doctors" rated 18.8%.

This is 0.9% lower than before but it came in first anyway.

Park Shin-hye and Kim Rae-won's "Doctors" is a romance between Yoo Hye-jeong who goes from being a delinquent to a passionate doctor and Hong Ji-hong, her senior doctor.

MBC "Monster - 2016" rated 10.5% which is a 0.5% drop.

KBS 2TV drama "Beautiful Mind" rated 3.5% which is a 0.5% drop as well.

• Like 21

CnHyxlgUsAAOG_o.jpg

Spoiler

QRnkdbv.jpg

10 K-drama characters we’d date in a heartbeat

60324c3a-6a43-46da-90a0-f395b73d6abf.jpg

4. Hong Ji Hong (Kim Rae Won of Doctor Crush)

395eed3e-dea6-4c5d-9ebc-6d47300b77dd.jpg

Who’s blaming this teacher and student for being in love?? Nobody! Please, teach me (about anything)!

Link: https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/10-k-drama-characters-youd-date-in-a-heartbeat/

"Doctors" decreases slightly but still in first place

2016/07/11

Spoiler

photo745453.jpg

"Doctors" came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea, the seventh episode of "Doctors" rated 18.8%.

This is 0.9% lower than before but it came in first anyway.

Park Shin-hye and Kim Rae-won's "Doctors" is a romance between Yoo Hye-jeong who goes from being a delinquent to a passionate doctor and Hong Ji-hong, her senior doctor.

MBC "Monster - 2016" rated 10.5% which is a 0.5% drop.

KBS 2TV drama "Beautiful Mind" rated 3.5% which is a 0.5% drop as well.

http://www.hancinema.net/doctors-decreases-slightly-but-still-in-first-place-96566.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 19

@rameennoodles there are plenty of nice female characters around in Kdramas. But even they don't have everyone falling or noticing them at first glance. It's usually the 2 male leads. And even good looking nice male leads don't have females falling immediately for them.

I am not fussed over this drama enough to get into debates. I was going to skip this to be honest as I could take it or leave it. I happened to be awake and just watched it. I notice the medical scenes as I am supposed to check for accuracy on the viki subs so of course I would notice it when there ade hardly any. Tend to skim over the rest when it's just plain social banter. If there are a lot I make sure I am check on it throughout the day as it's refined.

Have to be honest here though, seeing as it's not a medical  medical drama she and other doctors sure have lots of social time. In between working hours and going out at night.  Not much on call room chatter. Lots of office room scenes and outside hospital scene. 

If you're talking about this being a drama showing her growth though it's still funny. She is a Fellow basically finished her training. She only needs to get even more varied experience. She was Chief after all at Daejeon Hospital.  She is socially comfortable and gets along with her colleagues. She has friends ok one friend.  She is not poor. She drives- no cue awkward scene of male lead teaching her to drive. She doesn't have a rich chaebol family background with accompanying matseon complications.  JH is unabashedly pursuing her. 2nd male lead is also rich and successful. 

So yes  I laugh because the writer so obviously only left her to grow in the romance department. Even the family thing-  the writer made the sister and father approach her FIRST. Now seriously what growth except complicated surgeries and then love. By the way don't know if anyone remembers SW saying or was it HJ talking about coming here to learn coilling. Even a trained surgeon needs to sub specialize and yeah coilling is as good as any as it's standard for aneurysm surgery. All the obscure, rare and dangerous surgeries is not where you make the money. Table deaths or a doctor with many table deaths do not get popular ie get referrals.

• Like 11
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스