Quantcast
Rin90

[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

4 hours ago, yongpal said:

While everyone else got infected with 2nd lead syndrome, here I am infected with the "Hong Hong Hong Cheese Syndrome" :w00t: 

The newest cheese for sale! Hong hong hong :w00t:

He's cheesy, but I Loooooveeeee  him! :wub: :heart:

• Like 12

Is it just me or do you all have the 3 ost's on replay mode, cause I'm definitely guilty of it. 

Finally got to hear the BGM that I fell in love with again in EP 6, during the raining scene! Was waiting for the full version since I last heard it during the bicycle scene! 

Absolutely hauntingly beautiful. If that makes any sense at all! ;)

• Like 16

I tried to post a picture but I can't post it , I guess I need to know more on how to post pictures here.  Love the thread so active. We have so many active members here.   I am looking forward for all the latest updates. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lynn1272 said:

Yes! Count me in @yongpal! I am strongly with you, mentally and physically! And I am also in love with my latest favourite couple Kim Rae Won & Park Shin Hye aka Ji Hong & Hye Jung ~ HongJung Couple! 

So, is there a meaning behind Hong Hong Hong? I've seen it mentioned multiple times but am unsure what it means, if anything.

Thanks!

• Like 5

Okay..so I finally got time to watch Ep6 with subs. I really like some parts of it. Here are some of my thoughts on Ep 6.

-We got to see JH's raw emotions. He lost it when he thought HJ got stabbed. It was nice to see a little of his insecurities because up to now, we only saw how he live his life, happy-go-lucky..avoiding conflict if he can. I like that he shows how deep inside, he has deep emotions too. Especially now we could see he is really protective of HJ (esp once he found out that YD goaded HJ into doing the surgery). Am excited to see how he would react in future eps, because we all know for sure at some point, he would need to aggressively defend HJ and protect her..pretty sure HJ will get attacked somehow..n I don't mean physically.

-JH has a slight jealous streak when his best mate makes passes at HJ. Note how he push his mate away, and stand in front of HJ as his mate went pass to go into the surgery room. His stance (legs wide open and arms almost akimbo) was protective and he was sorta shielding/blocking HJ frm view. 

-YD is really funny in this ep. I am warming up to him. Oh no! Poor guy...gonna get his heart break. I was laughing so hard when he had that conversation while HJ was waiting for JH with the flower pot. Total fail. She didn't take his bait. In fact, she was clueless. He was so embarassed, he punch his password wrongly, only to repunch to get in his room. LOL!!!

-I like how JH caress the flower pot while he decided to help HJ and search for the files. It is such an affectionate gesture. He is thinking of her as he search for it. 

-I find SW annoying only...but somehow I don't hate her. If u look into her deeply, she is actually a good person. Just that she grew up with horrible parents. One could hardly blame how she acted that way. I felt that throughout this whole drama, she will definitely redeem herself. If there is anyone I hate, it would be In Joo (I really hated her entitlement to JH. Remember how she went, "we should just get married?" To JH in Ep 1 or 2. And how she seems to think she is the ONLY perfect match to JH..gosh..and for a mature adult woman to say such things to an 18 year old HJ...so childish.)

• Like 16

6 hours ago, jadecloud said:

@littleloony Hey chingu. Well-said. BRAVO! I couldn't agree with you more.:wub:

About H-site's review., particularly for this same reviewer, I've long since disregarded it as being a credible source of reviews. It sometimes makes me wonder if said reviewer is watching the same drama like we are, or if he had been watching the same drama with a different or erroneous understanding of the background literature, or that there exists some form of bias.  I can understand and accept POVs that are different, but this is more than an issue of being different, it's not credible. Instead it's puzzling. You're right. Such reviews can discourage peeps who are sitting on the fence wondering if they should watch it, or peeps who have intended to marathon it in one sitting but could change their mind with a review like this.  Anyway, this is not the first from this reviewer. Frankly, I'm not surprised. What I'm surprised about is why H-site does not vet its content. :angry:

Btw, I see some of you being amused by this caller ID ^^^ :P 

홍 hong is a last name, and also means in hanja 鸿(great, grand, magnificent, impartial...) or 红(red, popular, renowned...)

Why did HJ input HJH in her cell as 홍홍홍 and not as 홍지? Here's my take...

While it's cute, and obviously, it's triple of his name , methinks it means more. To HJ, HJH is triple the greatness, and very popular in school. I think HJ has since school days been in awe of HJH, and has huge respect for him too. After all, he's the one who motivated her towards living differently and aiming higher, besides her grandma. Also, it is her feel of closeness to HJH. When you call someone by their nickname or initial, isn't there like a certain level of informality or comfort that you feel for the other? Even if it is just how you feel or think? Likewise, that's how HJ sees HJH. Close in her heart, in her own small and private world. In fact, so close and so private that even her bestie Soon Hee doesn't know about it.

We also know that HJH will be the world to YHJ in future. That would be triple the greatness, and even more, yes? Writer-nim's intention? I bet it is not a namesake by chance. 

Just sayingB)

This is the answer to your question, @bigmomma12345. @jadecloud did a really good work.

12 minutes ago, bigmomma12345 said:

So, is there a meaning behind Hong Hong Hong? I've seen it mentioned multiple times but am unsure what it means, if anything.

Thanks!

• Like 17

I'm sooooo happy with this dramas an this thread...  On rare occasions the drama is good, the leading couple is fantastic and with a special chemistry and the thread is so dynamic and cool, all together. So it's so addictive. Thanks to all of you! :)

@amadeus welcome! 

• Like 22

11 minutes ago, andreasofia16 said:

I'm sooooo happy with this dramas an this thread...  On rare occasions the drama is good, the leading couple is fantastic and with a special chemistry and the thread is so dynamic and cool, all together. So it's so addictive. Thanks to all of you! :)

I agree. It's extremely rare to find all elements that rubs you in the right way. I found it so hard to find another kdrama that I could re-watch over and over and still giggle over every great scene. ie Stairway To Heaven, Autumn's Tale etc. 

I believe Doctors will be my another added list of rewatching, just because I felt the whole thing was so well connected together. <3

And thank you all too for this great experience of sharing. Enlightened me in so many ways with your vision of certain scenes. Definitely helped us all to understand the writers' pov and the actors portrayal! 

• Like 22

Why do i have a feeling that SW will end up with 2nd lead and the doctor with the glasses with HJ friend. 

I think once they find the wrong doing on SW dad part. It may hold a hand when they need to fight for the hospital against SW family. 

I think SW will do more harm to her self than HJ in the long run. Like accusing her and now HJ being a better doctor . SHe is going to pull everyone away from her and blame HJ but it will be all her faullt. Maybe YG can help her then . 

• Like 14

44 minutes ago, evkid said:

I agree. It's extremely rare to find all elements that rubs you in the right way. I found it so hard to find another kdrama that I could re-watch over and over and still giggle over every great scene. ie Stairway To Heaven, Autumn's Tale etc. 

I believe Doctors will be my another added list of rewatching, just because I felt the whole thing was so well connected together. <3

And thank you all too for this great experience of sharing. Enlightened me in so many ways with your vision of certain scenes. Definitely helped us all to understand the writers' pov and the actors portrayal! 

@evkid, the most awesome thing is that all this connected well from the beginning and we have two more months ahead. I know that this thread will be memorable thanks to all of you. I hope that we don't suffer to much and our lovely couple could express their love without problems with a lot of ____________, ______________ and __________ (fill the blanks) :rolleyes::phew::rolleyes::D

• Like 16

@bebebisous33 Loved your post in the previous page. 

I seriously adore how much JH knows HJ. Like he actually didn't need to tell her about the hug before initiating it since he did it out of humanity (His words not mine lol). But he still did and then hugged her. Hell he even laughed at her penguin walk lol.

LOL I was so sure that I would start liking SW from this episode while reading the recaps. But just not happening. She is too annoying. And I am kinda afraid thinking what would she do with the stepmom issue. I hope not something drastic as that's a sensitive topic for me.

Also how come nobody mentioned about the scene with YD uncle, HJ and JH in episode 6? Poor JH kinda got jealous of his bf. HJ even noticed that. That was effing funny.

• Like 19

19 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@CamelKnight Ohhh your disappointed with ep 6... please watch it with subs Im sure it'll be better. Maybe your disappointment will vanish hehehe! Oh and pls if a guy ever try those elbow punch and high kick it'll do more than make the girl run...how's about 911? :P Please stick around PSH is so stunning and frankly we need more males here to shed some light. Its good to have a male opinion in a drama. @jeonghyang is here and Im loving his gif caps. You  WE must also welcome @docster6 another male in the Patients waiting room now. Plus where is my lil young gun? @hankitae42 Stop gaming and join us here. Your unni is waiting for your thoughts too devil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif

I actually watched it with subs since my Korean is virtually non-existant :P I was still underwhelmed. Though I'll admit it's been a stressfull week so far which may have influenced my opinion. Like I said, I'll watch it again and hopefully will turn my opinion 180 degrees :D 

Nice to see I'm not the only male btw! Yay for men! :D 

• Like 16

I won't blame SW character for her bad attitude what are  the good people in her life ?? Mother, father or even grand father I think teacher Hong 1st one who appeared to be the ideal person in her mind the person who give her passion to be good also Hye Jung who protect her she likes her but she act wrongly toward both as she felt betrayed by them bu she just imagined a stupid story in her head and blame JH and HJ for that .
SW is like wondering in her world without a guide lead her to the road where she should walk on I feel her character won't change yet may be will be worsen after the lady's death I think the only one who can lead her is HYE Jung she will rescue her from that with SH their friend ship is the key for solving what is happening with SW

jji1.jpg

cr: to the owner

• Like 22