[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

4 hours ago, SukBin said:

I liked epi 17  more than any episode in 11-15 since there was very little progress for Hye Jung in those episodes....

In my point of view as a normal human it is highly impossible for me to let go of any injustice done to my loved ones... especially when Hye Jung lost the one person whom she loved the most in the world... infact more than revenge... i feel that people in her position will be asking for Justice for their loved ones... its what Hye Jung too is asking for... plain Justice... not Revenge... and to ask her to forego that is inhuman... if the culprit asked for forgiveness and she didnt let go then it would have been her fault in not to let go of her past... but when the culprit is a smug bastard boasting and snickering at her helplessness any normal person in her place will be seething with rage... infact Ji Hong's insistence to not investigate potential murder of his father dismays me more than Hye Jungs pursuit of justice... Ji Hong's excuse that he did not want to waste his time pursuing the potential murder of his father sounds a tad bit unrealistic and cowardly.... either he is a saint or a coward in my opinion... anyways kudos to PSH for showing Hye Jung's helplessness perfectly.... her eyes were enough to see her burning and grieving heart.... she has made once more clear why she is one of the best actresses in Korea....

Sorry for the wrong quote. But I had to to make sense to what I have been wanting to say. A lot of you are rooting for HJ to let go. But  I so much agree with @SukBin . It is really very very hard especially when you don't even get a sincere apology and repentance frm the doctor in question.

It doesn't just make u mad. It makes u mad at the world too. Like where is the goodness and the justice? I really didn't like how JH handled his dad's case. But it is a bit too early to tell. I do wish he is a tad more aggressive.  But I guess relationship is like that. While one is aggressive upfront, one does it behind. And while one is cool headed...the other is hot headed. 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Ayame said:

Okay, I was honestly gonna wait a few days to post this, but I’ll just post about this now, since I know some of us are feeling sort of sad in regards to the promotion, etc.

So the past week or so I’ve started working on a project related to Doctors. I plan to do a ‘2016 Doctors Soompi Awards’ next week Friday (this will be Hawaii time, since I live in Hawaii lol). (Some of you might remember when I did a soompi awards for ‘You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin’ in 2013 and ‘Fated to Love You’ in 2014.)

So basically what will happen is this: Next Friday, I’ll post a link in this thread to a poll where you can vote for your favorite OST song, favorite romantic scene, favorite hug, favorite supporting friend character, etc. You’ll have about one week and a half to vote. I have about 34 categories and the nominees for each category are pretty much set. (When Ep 18-20 airs next week I’ll add in the nominees from those episodes in time for next Friday.)

When you vote, you’ll be able to see an image link for each category, which goes into details of the nominees per category. I did all the images in Photoshop. It takes a lot of time, but it’s honestly fun for me to do the awards every year for a different drama, and I really enjoy doing stuff in Photoshop lol. Also, when the voting period is over, a few days after that I usually do an ‘awards ceremony’ in the soompi thread to announce the winners of each category, which is really fun.

For the record, when I did the soompi awards for YTBLSS in 2013, 326 people voted, and when I did it for FTLY in 2014, 351 people voted. I’m hoping to break the 400 people-mark when I start the soompi awards for Doctors next Friday. XD

I’ve finished the Photoshop images of 9 so far, but I’ll post 4 of them (along with the main banner of the soompi awards), under a spoiler tag. I don’t want to spoil all of it just yet, haha. XD Just consider it a teaser.

I hope you all won't leave after the drama ends on Tuesday and at least wait until next weekend for the Doctors Soompi Awards to start. >_< I sincerely hope you all will look forward to this. I really do. :) (When next weekend comes, I’m gonna post the voting link like EVERYWHERE to get everyone to vote LOL.)

2016 Doctors Soompi Awards [Teaser]:

Reveal hidden contents

This is Daebak! Will definitely support this!

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 13

1 minute ago, akhenaten said:

GYAAAHHHH!!!  All my usual sites for watching subbed episodes online keep on lagging.  I think my internet connection is bad.  Why????  :confounded:

Try myramyaun.com !!! It's good with less lag

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shinhyefan said:

I hope so, psh can win daesang because she already win top excellent award 2014. but for daesang award, i think will have tough competitor just like kim rae won, lee min ho, jun ji hyun. I think psh will win top excellent actress award just like last year. n if lmh drama rating lower than doctors then kim rae won will win daesang.  why kim rae won last year for punch not win top excellent actor award?his acting skill on punch is so great. because of rating or tough competitor?i don't watch sbs drama award last year.

I think win Daesang is a big deal. But, I also hope it too. If only rightnow already end of 2016. PSH and KRW acting is top notch and the rating also great. And I remember SBS once gave Daesang for young actress Moon Geun Younh for Painter of the Wind, back then her co-star also A List Actor - Park Shin Hyang.

SBS drama award 2016 quite disappointed for me. They forgetting some of their best stars - the most I hated, KRW and Shin Eun Kyung (Achiara's Secret). Rather than Joo Won, I prefer KRW or Kim Hyun-joo to win Daesang. Punch was well written drama, critically acclaimed and did well in rating, of course KRW's acting was crazy amazing. He did won PD Choice Award, and for some reasons I am happy that he received recognitions from PDs - mostly because of acting and solid storyline of a drama.

2 hours ago, shinhyefan said:

from the beginning, sbs never promote the doctors to maximum,maybe because low budget or psh/krw not from big 3 company.  scarlet have big budget n pre production so sbs promote them to maximum. just like the legend of the sea.  but you know, sbs don't promote doctors fairly, but have highest rating from all drama sbs until now. we will see the rating scarlet , incarnation jelausy, the legend of the sea. 

Not only for Doctors, I do think SBS never done good job in promoting their dramas. Hahha... The casts and their fans are doing promotion better than PR department of SBS.

2 hours ago, Ayame said:

Hm, well if it was KBS, then KRW and PSH might not be in it since the last couple years they've mostly done dramas on SBS. Same for YKS who jokingly called himself the 'son of SBS' in the press conference (since he's only done SBS dramas). Regardless of promotion, I'm glad things happened the way it did, or the cast might be completely different. 

Yes maybe its true. Honestly most of the casts of Doctors are SBS's permanent employees. Haha... KRW, PSH - their last 3 dramas is on SBS. YKS definitely SBS's son. Jang hyung-sung (kim tae ho), chief residents, Moon ji-in (soon-hee), Director Jin and his father even the cameos (han hye jin, first died ahjumma, nam goong min and im ji yeon), they are pretty suitable to be called SBS's employees too. Hahha... And I also feel like SBS's stalker, I dont know why, the past 2 years I only watched dramas from SBS.

1 hour ago, Raquel Bastian said:

SHR will benefit with the high rating viewership of doctors i think. Anyways... hehehe is is true that other drama will also be premiering next week? If yes that will affect Doctors ratings.

Sorry for being a rating freak lol, i just want to have high ratings for this drama cause they deserve it so much!

I do think we dont need to be worried about rating anymore. Yes, maybe Doctors's rating is up and down. But, never had bigger gap in each episodes. For me, thats means Doctors already had solid viewers, who interested with the storyline and the acting of the casts (not too biased or watching based on loyality). So, I am pretty relaxed about rating. Hahaa.... Even Olympics cant destroy Doctors. Hehhe....

Spoiler

I am sorry in advance, I dont mean to bash a drama of something like this, KBS's UF had this kind of experience. In the beginning they did well, because of big promotion and big name stars. But, right now I can say it was quite a flop, even Kim Woo-bin (the lead actor) need to apologize for his fans saying that his drama was not good as his fans expected. Its a prove that big stars big promotion is not a sole reason that a drama will be rating killer.

Okay, next week we get 3 eps in a row. Thats means no more torture of waiting. But have to say goodbye to our lovely neurosurgeons. Sadness and happiness always come together anyway.

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

It doesn't just make u mad. It makes u mad at the world too. Like where is the goodness and the justice? I really didn't like how JH handled his dad's case. But it is a bit too early to tell. I do wish he is a tad more aggressive.  But I guess relationship is like that. While one is aggressive upfront, one does it behind. And while one is cool headed...the other is hot headed. 

I still think that JH is verifying his dad's case secretly! Or if he let's it go then is he afraid of something ? like to face the reality ? I do agree with JH that "live today as if there is no tomorrow" but how can you live like that once u know that there is something wrong and that is haunting you from living! I am on HJ side this time. JH needs to wake up and should know that forgetting and forgiveness is only for good people not for someone like MH .

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, ash011 said:

Try myramyaun.com !!! It's good with less lag

Thanks @ash011 but it looks like the problem is my internet connection.  It's the same for all sites.  :(  I guess I'll just have to try again tomorrow night.  Good thing episode 18 won't be shown tonight or I won't be able to livestream the raw. 

• Like 4

don't know ...but i have a feeling that are fans who believe outhers  fans don't understand that the way HJ react and that she wants somehow a end point for his grandma death . They understand  ... this is not the point of all this sadness ...not at all . HJ reacts how a person who for 13 years just dreamed about how she will revenge and make justice to her gradma case . She's there ... this is how any of us will react . point . of course JH knows her the best ... and he has right to say GIVE UP , GIRL !! This is not life , not at all ... how can you live like that ? you loose important things ... but how can you control this desire ? is no way ... just someone to help you , someone just like JH , patience .

is just the fact that they waited so much for this . so much ... and in the end is no time for the we must see the ''efect of healing '' . A DRAMA OF HEALING ...C'MON ... I WANT TO KNOW HOW THE HEALING LOOKS !!!!!!! REALLY :D

• Like 10

I just want to ask everyone, what rating does a drama series have to get in SK for it to be considered a success?  Does it always have to be at least 20%  Coz there seems to be so much concern over Doctors breaching the 20% threshold.  Weren't its earlier episode ratings considered high? 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Yeobo...don't forget to drink your vitamin...you must be very strong since we will have lots of babies :D

"mmmm.....I even forget where I keep those vitamin...."

yes , and we want money , and toys , expensive toys ... hahaha

• Like 4

I sympathise with her distress, but i am on his side this time.  There are a lot of things we dont like in life and lot of things that are unfair and we all grieve and cry for justice in different ways.  But while this line is typical in movies and dramas i do agree with it in this case "They took an oath to save lives not take them".

So regardless who did what, sure you can try to seek justice but you also must live for the ones that did not.  If you dont and you think of revenge they win at the end of the day and you really dont appreciate the value of life and your not living it.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, fragglerock said:

I sympathise with her distress, but i am on his side this time. 

yes , you are right ... and i love the fact that he always let her see the complete picture , he let her understand what she wants ... never forced her in any way ... exactly like he did in episode 11 .

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Oh I think we should get Baeksang award for this....crazy fan category hahahaha

Haha... i laugh hard.. like see hOng ji hong bump his head on the table... i love all of you guys ...doctors patients..

• Like 10

i've been replaying their kiss scenes for almost 20x for only 30mins and i was like sooooo pervert :crazy::phew:  but i cant help myself raping the replay button waaahhhhhhhhhh just can't get enough of it i sooooooo want them to have another kiss in the last eps :bawling:

wahhhh this is my first time to be a korean drama fan addict, i love Park Shin Hye's other drama and i've been hooked to her character and her partners but for me this drama is my most favorite KDRAMA of all time and it's because his partner is KIM RAE WON oppa waahhhh otoke i soooo love him soooo much and i will really really miss them together, i hope they will have another project together in the future!!!! my RAESHIN COUPLE :heart: i hope you two will end up together for real.......

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Jennypyho said:

Oh... Kim Rae Won is Park Shin Hye ideal boy friend type in real.....as KRW is tall, knows how to cook and good at sport :wub:  Although some age difference, why not?

Ahhhhh....thinking about them makes me all giddy and gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling!  I can't help but smile when I see a photo of them together.  Hahahaha!  :wub:

• Like 11

Finally watched ep.17 with subs. Contrary to what many people feel, I think this is a great episode! So many things happened that allow us to get to know our doctors (and residents) better. I love this episode! I'm falling in love with this writer. Will definitely make time to check her other work - One Warm Word.

So much I got from this episode that I'd like to share, but may not have time to do so now. Will try to share more soon. Just one point though about translation of last part of preview from Chinese sub. JH said to HJ "I hope you can give it up" -- a little bit different from the English translation that I've seen floating around-- "Let's end it here"

• Like 16