[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

On 3/23/2024 at 1:13 PM, lduc said:

This has to be the shortest, yet most shocking, sutprising, and sweetest Kdrama original dialogue.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote tweets. Thanks’
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 6:23 AM, maria1983 said:

And i just miss more those times :sweat_smile:

That first day of re-union clearly confirmed the true feeling of the OTP before they were forced to separate 13 years ago. HJ's momentary lost of control when asked and responded to JH’s most penetrating questions about her love life status, and her clear annoyance of JH got married with mentioning of his marriage whenever there is an opportunity (and she also told SH about JH’s marriage), it is basically she let slipped that she kept herself available for him but disappointed he didn't! And smart JH corrected her at the boxing ring in the evening and they are all good even walking home together, marking the beginning of their joyful journey (when JH became her hong hong hong). It is also important that HJ let this "married?" man knowing her whereabout in the evening when receiving his 1st phone call. With any other wanting to meet her, including YD, she would say let's meet in the hospital.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Raymond said:

That first day of re-union clearly confirmed the true feeling of the OTP before they were forced to separate 13 years ago. HJ's momentary lost of control when asked and responded to JH’s most penetrating questions about her love life status, and her clear annoyance of JH got married with mentioning of his marriage whenever there is an opportunity (and she also told SH about JH’s marriage), it is basically she let slipped that she kept herself available for him but disappointed he didn't! And smart JH corrected her at the boxing ring in the evening and they are all good even walking home together, marking the beginning of their joyful journey (when JH became her hong hong hong). It is also important that HJ let this "married?" man knowing her whereabout in the evening when receiving his 1st phone call. With any other wanting to meet her, including YD, she would say let's meet in the hospital.

Oh, how you describe all is beautiful. Very beautiful. Indeed a story to forever remember. 

13 years is a lot. A lot!

But some things are just meant to be, no matter what. 

20 hours ago, maria1983 said:

Oh, how you describe all is beautiful. Very beautiful. Indeed a story to forever remember. 

13 years is a lot. A lot!

But some things are just meant to be, no matter what. 

With this drama so sweet, and a kdramas rare great ending, I still in the mood of guessing the full story the PD/writer telling us but only showing us part of it.

SH also met the teacher when HJ/JH walked home together on the 1st day. And we can safely suggest HJ would share with SH details of that extraordinary day regarding JH. Typical SH's response would be telling HJ the teacher's intention to persuade her, obviously. So either do it on her own, or suggested by SH, it is HJ who invited JH for a coffee in the hospital park in next day or so (she brought the drinks, and shown a bit of nervousness with a plan in her head. JH observed that and shown he was expecting something from her). Using typical girl's strategies she asked a question and suggested a hopefully wrong, but not embarrassing answer (JH still helping her as teacher/student), and bingo, JH confessed (he simply happily obliged). At this early stage HJ only wanted to hear his part but not telling her part. HJ naturally would report that to SH afterwards, as the teacher kind of their fun object. Next we heard SH asking HJ her progress with JH after the kiss in the rain.

So, probably shouldn't blame the fast pace romance on JH alone.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Raymond said:

With this drama so sweet, and a kdramas rare great ending, I still in the mood of guessing the full story the PD/writer telling us but only showing us part of it.

SH also met the teacher when HJ/JH walked home together on the 1st day. And we can safely suggest HJ would share with SH details of that extraordinary day regarding JH. Typical SH's response would be telling HJ the teacher's intention to persuade her, obviously. So either do it on her own, or suggested by SH, it is HJ who invited JH for a coffee in the hospital park in next day or so (she brought the drinks, and shown a bit of nervousness with a plan in her head. JH observed that and shown he was expecting something from her). Using typical girl's strategies she asked a question and suggested a hopefully wrong, but not embarrassing answer (JH still helping her as teacher/student), and bingo, JH confessed (he simply happily obliged). At this early stage HJ only wanted to hear his part but not telling her part. HJ naturally would report that to SH afterwards, as the teacher kind of their fun object. Next we heard SH asking HJ her progress with JH after the kiss in the rain.

So, probably shouldn't blame the fast pace romance on JH alone.

Your analize is always a pure joy to read. :heart:

Indeed a very beautiful story about 2 ppl who are indeed meant to be together, no matter what. They are lucky!! 

On 3/30/2024 at 6:25 PM, maria1983 said:

Your analize is always a pure joy to read. :heart:

Indeed a very beautiful story about 2 ppl who are indeed meant to be together, no matter what. They are lucky!! 

The only complain is the last drink party has been cut way too short because of the birth of the baby, depriving us a lots of expected fun. May be the drink party can be resumed in an epilogue, if not the wedding party, and this time a few more joined including SH (in her own bar anyway). Spotting their engagement rings JH is asked again (eventually he has to face the music) when did he fall for HJ. With some there knowing them from school time he can't lie, but also will be too much of a scandal saying 13 years ago, with HJ only 18! This time HJ jumps in and says he asked whether she is married, and whether she has a boy friend, on the very first day landing on the helipad. This might imply love at first sight! Recovering from shocks one asked HJ then what's your answers, and JH replys for her saying she only knew answering 'No' in the beginning.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Raymond said:

The only complain is the last drink party has been cut way too short because of the birth of the baby, depriving us a lots of expected fun. May be the drink party can be resumed in an epilogue, if not the wedding party, and this time a few more joined including SH (in her own bar anyway). Spotting their engagement rings JH is asked again (eventually he has to face the music) when did he fall for HJ. With some there knowing them from school time he can't lie, but also will be too much of a scandal saying 13 years ago, with HJ only 18! This time HJ jumps in and says he asked whether she is married, and whether she has a boy friend, on the very first day landing on the helipad. This might imply love at first sight! Recovering from shocks one asked HJ then what's your answers, and JH replys for her saying she only knew answering 'No' in the beginning.

Indeed a story to talk about all the time . They really had all. All those beautiful scenes. Bicycle moment. Reunited after 13 years. Running on the football field. Fighting in the boxing area.... 

I always love reading your analyse. 

This story will forever have a special place in my heart. :heart:

On 7/20/2016 at 3:31 AM, Chii Le said:

Oh, your comment doesn't offend me at all, I'm enjoying the discussion :).

I think of Yoondo as a capable surgeon and I would totally hope that his judgment is better too, although Jihong and Taeho, the too more senior doctors, plus Hyejung, an up-and-coming fellow, all believe in the safer route. My point is that it's totally okay for Yoondo to capitalize on the opportunity to showcase his skills and talents as long as it is safe and ethical, but the problem is he tends to get personally offended instead of making a strong case for himself. The ideal response to Jihong would be "Look, this is the better approach to treating your dad because though it's risky, it's more effective for so and so reasons". Instead, Yoondo went all "Y U NO TRUST ME? I'm your dad's doctor, I'm offended that you question my judgment!!" like a petulant and insecure child. Yoondo feels attacked very easily, which is evidenced by when Hyejung first went against protocol, when Hyejung's stepmother tried to kiss up to him, and now, when Jihong is scared of losing his father. In all these cases, none of the characters set out to undermine Yoondo, but Yoondo always ended up feeling pissed and offended, which is very telling of his maturity level. He's generally a good guy, but at the same time, he's just a very self-involved and priviledged guy. My take is that Yoondo is secretly always worried that people don't take him seriously because he's a chaebol and doesn't really need this job to make a living. As passionate he is about proving his worth, he's more concerned with establishing his rep as a surgeon than anything else, that's why he's detached from patients' feelings and couldn't think from their perspectives.

Many with SLS probably won't appreciate this assessment of YD.

On 4/3/2024 at 5:43 PM, maria1983 said:

Indeed a story to talk about all the time . They really had all. All those beautiful scenes. Bicycle moment. Reunited after 13 years. Running on the football field. Fighting in the boxing area.... 

I always love reading your analyse. 

This story will forever have a special place in my heart. :heart:

But at the end everyone else, including SW and her dad, got healed, except YD. With his jealousy he still couldn’t face the happy JH/HJ couple and would look like a loser in any gathering involving them. So he could not be any true friend with them.
YD is a well created character to show the unbreakable bond of the OTP. He is one of the many got rejected by HJ in the 13 years though he fared much worst with the presence of JH. It is interesting to see throughout the story that every time YD took a step towards HJ, and without exception, we would see she took a step closer to JH! YD is in fact waking up her love towards JH.
His character is the key reason that he fared worst than the beginning before meeting HJ:

- He refused to believe in what he actually seen, only wanted to believe in what he wanted to see, like the early signs that JH and HJ are closed, with them only wanted to work in a team and sneaking off for a long date in the drink party etc.

- He was told JH and HJ have history and liked each other but he never cared to find out their actual story from SW, nor SH, nor IJ.

- While SW, JH, HJ all spoken to one another about who they would like to work with beforehand, YD only told everyone in the face off meeting he wanted HJ, believing what he wanted would be automatic be granted.

- He confessed multiple times to HJ without observing, nor hearing from her first what’s her feeling towards him. Kind of believing as long as he liked a woman the woman would like him back.

- He didn’t understand it is never a battle between the men fighting for a woman, it is always decided by the woman who she would like.

So one can only says YD is over confident, all about himself and self-centred, sorry to say. YG is actually the best example of how to approach one he loved, always standby her side as a friend till she is available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raymond said:

But at the end everyone else, including SW and her dad, got healed, except YD. With his jealousy he still couldn’t face the happy JH/HJ couple and would look like a loser in any gathering involving them. So he could not be any true friend with them.
YD is a well created character to show the unbreakable bond of the OTP. He is one of the many got rejected by HJ in the 13 years though he fared much worst with the presence of JH. It is interesting to see throughout the story that every time YD took a step towards HJ, and without exception, we would see she took a step closer to JH! YD is in fact waking up her love towards JH.
His character is the key reason that he fared worst than the beginning before meeting HJ:

- He refused to believe in what he actually seen, only wanted to believe in what he wanted to see, like the early signs that JH and HJ are closed, with them only wanted to work in a team and sneaking off for a long date in the drink party etc.

- He was told JH and HJ have history and liked each other but he never cared to find out their actual story from SW, nor SH, nor IJ.

- While SW, JH, HJ all spoken to one another about who they would like to work with beforehand, YD only told everyone in the face off meeting he wanted HJ, believing what he wanted would be automatic be granted.

- He confessed multiple times to HJ without observing, nor hearing from her first what’s her feeling towards him. Kind of believing as long as he liked a woman the woman would like him back.

- He didn’t understand it is never a battle between the men fighting for a woman, it is always decided by the woman who she would like.

So one can only says YD is over confident, all about himself and self-centred, sorry to say. YG is actually the best example of how to approach one he loved, always standby her side as a friend till she is available.

I love this :heart:

You have indeed a very beautiful way to explain and i love to read it all!! 

The story from "Doctors" inspire and we will always enjoy it.

Two ppl who are destined to be together no matter what.