[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

@packmule3, Thanks for this cute CHEESY gif. I needed this one. :D

giphy.gif

@misappear, oh I didn't understand you're a new Joo Won fan. I'm more of a drama person and I usually liked to recommend his drama. But If you are looking for something short I will recommend Catch me/Steal My Heart. It's a nice rom-com and Joo Won-Kim Ah Joong had good chemistry there. It's cute and funny. I still didn't watch all of his movies. About fashion King I have same reaction as you. If you like crime-thriller you can watch Fatal Intuition and Special Investigation Unit. I liked these too.

Yeah..Start one by one. I think you would want to see more. After I watched Good Doctor and Tomorrow Cantabile I was interested in his other projects. But like you I also avoided Bridal Mask quite sometime. I was more interested in modern day drama. I thought as the drama involved history I'd get bored. But I knew it was a famous drama of him and I'd see it anyway. So one day I started it...and it jsut straight went to my top favorite drama list.... So yeah it's better better to start with the lighter ones. :thumbsup:

@lavender2love, I just ended my student life and started my job life( I want to switch) . So right now is not a good time to take this good responsibility. But I can say that I'd like to be a dedicated member. I'd like to recommend someone else. But let me PM her first.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI, @lavender2love

this scene with GW and the puppy when GW was asking the dog, "What am I to do?" the background music was Canon in D. Pachelbel, too. (Episode 10 8:31)

tumblr_osdvxiOI0r1ql0375o3_500.png

tumblr_osdvxiOI0r1ql0375o1_500.png

The kdrama Chicago Typewriter had a dog, too. The heroine was a vet.  

I’m going through my list here. So far, in Episodes:
7 and 8: we dealt with the mysterious lover/MYH
9 and 10: we solved the QP problem
11 and 12: we crossed off DY and Lt Kang from the list
13 and 14: so, what conflict can we expect this week? The Masked Ghost? plus the Queen Park+Wolmyung angle? Can't she be deposed too if somebody reported her secret rendezvous with WM as a romantic liaison? Payback is a witch.  
15 and 16: showdown with arch-nemesis Minister Jang? 

I do want more happy romance for our couple.girl3-smiley.gif?1292867606

Edited to add:

@flutterby06, if he says this to you in person, I bet you'll even buy the tickets for Titanic. 

giphy.gif 

lol. A guy with a sense of humor is sexy. 

@packmule3, I might die right that moment in happiness..ha ha.. :joy: ( A guy with nice sense humor is also my type..But if my boyfriend/husband says that, I might hide my happiness and role eyes at him.. :tongue:)

I wonder if Joo Won says cheesy stuffs to BoA.. may be he does a lot. He admitted his aegyo naturally comes in front of her. He will be is such a sweet and caring boyfriend. :wub:

28 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

@packmule3, I might die right that moment in happiness..ha ha.. :joy: ( A guy with nice sense humor is also my type..But if my boyfriend/husband says that, I might hide my happiness and role eyes at him.. :tongue:)

I wonder if Joo Won says cheesy stuffs to BoA.. may be he does a lot. He admitted his aegyo naturally comes in front of her. He will be is such a sweet and caring boyfriend. :wub:

I think "delivery" is also important. If the actor JW had just said his line standing still, it wouldn't have had the same effect. Standing still, his words would have sounded serious, challenging or even mocking. But JW leaned in, as if he was going to say something confidential, then he moved back again. His face had this smile that was contained. He looked satisfied with the impact of his words. The impression that I got from him is one of playfulness.  

giphy.gif

Now if this line was said by that actor in Goblin, Gong Yoo (? I forgot his name), GY would have winked. (That's his specialty apparently -- winking.) If GY said "if we die together," most female audience would have butterflies in the stomachs. lol. They would feel all fluttery. 

But I think winking is a bit too much for JW and his character GW.  If JW winked here, he would have looked like a pervert. 

So, yes, I think his delivery just had the right touch and tone. 

12 hours ago, mrdimples said:

My ears were itching and it turns out I have been summoned to this thread :D

Annyeong everyone!  Since we have quite a number of people on this thread, can I take the opportunity to ask if anyone wishes to volunteer to 

- take over Joo Won soompi thread. I've message @coolreborn a while back and she's unable to continue. What we need is a volunteer so that we can put your name to moderator Lyra. Alternatively, you can pm Lyra yourself. 

- take over the blog. I've yet to ask the administrators of the blog but I think something needs to be done. If you are interested, please pm me. Meanwhile, I'll talk to the admins. I hope something can be done soon. 

@lavender2love, I just PMed the right person..and she agreed. Yeee.. :grin:

@mrdimples, I forwarded your message to @airplanegirl and she agreed to be the admin of Joo Won's thread.  

Hope Joo Won's thread will be active again.. Thank you very much @mrdimples and @airplanegirl :D

My pc just crashed. I 'm redoing this.... that's why it's taking longer. Sorry all.

Dear @greenanne and @flutterby06. I understand ! There would be too much pressure . I suggested both of you because you are such nice girls and know so much bout JW. Well the Mod in charge will have to help them sort themselves out. We'll just continue to support JW.  I wish you both success in all your undertakings.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, greenanne said:

@lavender2love Thank you for the suggestion that I could become a joint admin! I would love to continue talking about JW but I unfortunately can't guarantee being an admin T_T. Too busy and my schedule changes all the time. So sorry but I know there will be other fans taking on the responsibility! Sorry again x. 

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

@packmule3, @misappear

@lavender2love, I just ended my student life and started my job life( I want to switch) . So right now is not a good time to take this good responsibility. But I can say that I'd like to be a dedicated member. I'd like to recommend someone else. But let me PM her first.

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Sweet success, @lavender2love! I found the Jugulae gif.

Reveal hidden contents

And her speechless reaction.

I like how she fluttered her eyes and didn't know where to look. OYS is a good actress, and she's an INTELLIGENT actress, too. Not IQ-wise, but she picks just the right gestures to convey an emotion.  I love her a whole lot more than that actress in the new series water god. :wacko:

credit: level-upper

Re. Destiny in this romcom. 

To be honest, I'm not really that wild over destiny/fate like most kdrama viewers are. I get that "fated romance" theme is a staple of most kdramas but I actually prefer couples who are LOVERS, rather SOULMATES. What’s the difference, you might ask. 

It's simple. Lovers love by choice and soulmates don’t. 

Do you get it?  

So if HM's and GW's paths didn't cross when they were children, I wouldn't mind at all. It doesn't diminish their love story for me. heart-shape2-smiley.gif?1292867614

Yay ..... @packmule3 ... score !!!!!! your post is so cute.

But uh oh...... jugulae here already ? See how his bddy sways from to side gif style.... !! He has got style. This boy is irresistable to the princess.

Lovers vs Soulmates.... hmnnnnn... doesn't matter as long as the kisses keep coming.

tumblr_oskszkbyep1ql0375o1_540.gif

EDIT : just saw your post @flutterby06 BEFORE mine because of pc crash. I'm soooooo happy.

@airplanegirl.....Congratulations !! Thank you and Hugs. Yay @mrdimples hugs to you toooooo !!

200w.gif#28-grid1200.gif#21-grid1

I honestly find myself digging to post something intelligent and worth reading! :tongue: I read the posts here and get intimidated! 

GW is a special breed! Did you see how well he picks jewelry! He picked hair pin for the Princess, that ornament thingy for DY and also chose which hair pin looks better when he went shopping with his mom!! I hold this quality very high because most men don't handle this situation well. They are either bored or are not paying attention (like GW!) GW recovered quickly and with the sweetest smile and excuse covered up for his distraction and chose a pin for his mom. 

Another scene I wanted to bring up was the DUI incident from ep 10. Drunk Riding! She is picking a fight with the drunk man and creating a ruckus. And just as she was going to get trampled by the agitated horse our hero pulls her away! We have a nice visual of her pink Hanbok and his green coat swirling (is that what it is called?) in slow motion! Sigh!

He then calmly calls the police and points them to the drunk rider. That is how most people handle the situation he tells her! 

Spoiler

drunk1.jpg

drunk2.jpg

39 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

But I think winking is a bit too much for JW and his character GW.  If JW winked here, he would have looked like a pervert. 

Oh no! we wouldn't want his winking and all! He is a sweet boy of a respectable household! He has carried himself with dignity even while flirting! :wub:

55 minutes ago, staygold said:

I honestly find myself digging to post something intelligent and worth reading! :tongue: I read the posts here and get intimidated! 

Don't say that @staygold. You write good stuff too. I always enjoy reading your posts.

GW is a special breed! Did you see how well he picks jewelry! He picked hair pin for the Princess, that ornament thingy for DY and also chose which hair pin looks better when he went shopping with his mom!! I hold this quality very high because most men don't handle this situation well. They are either bored or are not paying attention (like GW!) GW recovered quickly and with the sweetest smile and excuse covered up for his distraction and chose a pin for his mom. 

Darn !! I can't find the pictures. I had them. Okay owe you one,

Another scene I wanted to bring up was the DUI incident from ep 10. Drunk Riding! She is picking a fight with the drunk man and creating a ruckus. And just as she was going to get trampled by the agitated horse our hero pulls her away! We have a nice visual of her pink Hanbok and his green coat swirling (is that what it is called?) in slow motion! Sigh!

He then calmly calls the police and points them to the drunk rider. That is how most people handle the situation he tells her! 

@staygold.... That's the solid side of her. Her sense of justice is commendable . The other aerial view shot of her that I like is the flying high kick at a bottle she threw upwards to challenge the snobbish bunch of teens. She was so masterful in intidimating them.I It's a sight to see her swirling skirt . 

Reveal hidden contents

h no! we wouldn't want his winking and all! He is a sweet boy of a respectable household! He has carried himself with dignity even while flirting! :wub:

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

mrdimples, I forwarded your message to @airplanegirl and she agreed to be the admin of Joo Won's thread.  

Hope Joo Won's thread will be active again.. Thank you very much @mrdimples and @airplanegirl :D

Thank you @airplanegirl for offering, I've PM you and @LyraYoo to facilitate the takeover. Thanks also to you @flutterby06 for helping us. 

There's still the blog/wordpress to be administered. Please PM me if anyone is interested. 

Happy MSG watching everyone! 

39 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

Thank you @airplanegirl for offering, I've PM you and @LyraYoo to facilitate the takeover. Thanks also to you @flutterby06 for helping us. 

There's still the blog/wordpress to be administered. Please PM me if anyone is interested. 

Happy MSG watching everyone! 

Thanks to all concerned. I have faith in @airplanegirl though she has to be extra creative as JW  will be in MS for 2 years. I hope the fans come back and how great it'll be when he is discharged and there'll be fantastic dramas and movies . As for the blog wordpress, I think you " senior " fans should honour what you started. It is well done so only the original fans know how to maintain the vision the blog was set out for.

Now we all should all get a poster like this for our effort,

Spoiler

19764610_493715824309480_322560143378926

Come Monday we are looking at this last scene. I feel trepidation. The gloom of the night scene doesn't help.... it's a nightmare colour and impending doom. Are the pictures a predition of Prince CS or are they flashbacks ? HM looks shocked..... is she seeeing GM lying there motionless with a bleeding head.

19761345_114760682480973_848151913343379

Now that we've a solution of who's taking charge of Joo Won's thread, let's talk about what is ahead of us.. Tomorrow's recap!

@packmule3 and @lavender2love you guys will be here tomorrow right? May be @staygold and @haymochi too? I know @misappear comes with full recap after the airing of drama...Anyone else? @greenanne ? I'm not sure if I'll be here on time but I'll try to. If I'm not too late, I'll be here before the second half. And I hope SBS will release new photos so that I can post those here.

On 7/8/2017 at 2:09 AM, packmule3 said:

Regarding the dream vision of the young Princess – 

Honestly, I’m not sure whether he actually encountered HM when she was young or not. You see, the vision of the young Princess can be merely a generic image or symbolic persona – kinda like his conscience speaking to him. 

Do you know why I say this? It’s because EVEN IF he had forgotten HM because of his childhood amnesia, HM should have remembered him.  HM’s memory of their encounter when they were young (if ever there was such an encounter) should be intact. Unlike GW, she doesn't have any reported episode of amnesia. Double Couple amnesia would be too funny! 

Reveal hidden contents

However, I can say this: The writer might have left us an opening.

Remember when GW helped HM to stand up straight again, HM stared at him? She was drunk, sure. But she stared at him with that same look that she gave Choon Poong when they met for the first time. He was on the bridge (hahaha bridges are important).  And she thought that CP looked familiar but she dismissed it after CP joked about it.   

my%20sassy%20girl%20staring%20CP_zpstnol

Now, it’s possible that SHE was remembering GW from somewhere before when they encountered on the bridge. For a drunk, she had this focused look on her face, too. She could have been racking her brains, before she let out that disgusting burp. lol. 

my%20sassy%20girl%20in%20a%20trance_zpse

Then, afterwards, she could have repressed or dismissed this fleeting sense of recognition and forgotten about it the following day when she regained her sobriety.  After all, she could hardly tell him, “Hmmm…Do I know you from somewhere?” after their fight in the motel room. This would have been such a clichéd pick-up line and she already thought HE was a nasty thieving pervert. 

Back reading, nodding vigorously at speculations, pondering, rewatching scenes and finally I'm ready to respond with a short post. I have a lot more to say but I have no literature nor detective background so I'm just gonna lay out my opinion in lay man's term (For example: Oppa is very handsome) 

Before that, @packmule3 analysis of GW's dream sequence. So detailed supported by evidence. I have nothing to say but just (refer to gif below)

giphy.gif

Ok so I have this little memory at the back of my mind regarding one of HM's scene and I went back hunting for the episode. In Episode 9 around the 17:00 mark, there is a scene between HM and Byul that went like this:

It was Byul's first reporting back to HM after she asked her to search for anyone related to the incident 10 years ago.

Byul: The day when she(the queen) was dethroned, her palanquin was attacked by the bandits. Do you remember?

HM: How can I forget that?

While we were left with the image of devasted young princess under the rain at the sight of the palanquin leaving, we weren't told that everyone else was notified of what happened to the queen after. Especially with all the flashbacks, the King has been refusing to tell HM anything. So it makes me wonder, how does she know about the attack exactly. Even if she was told by the evil queen eventually, I find that her reaction here has something more to it. When she said "How can I forget that", it seems to me that she's witnessed something herself instead of hearing it from a third party. 

If GW's dream is indeed a flashback of his lost memories instead of his scholarly brain at work during his sleep, what princess could not "forget" in this context may be the time they actually met? I know chances are slim that young princess did a chase at the queen's palanquin during her age; she probably got caught and dragged back to the palace eventually. Considering her state of mind at that time, could it be possible that she may too have forgotten somebody that she crossed path with. 

I don't know, maybe I'm just reading too much into her words out of curiosity #detectivewannabe :tongue:

SASSYPANTS ARE YOU READY FOR ACTION ?

This gif epitomises the spirit and the sassiness of all of us here. We have a mission tomorrow to live stream and see the revelations before our eyes. Wiil our questions be answered?

# What happens to our OTP ? Is GW badly hurt? What is Princess fate ?

# Who is the GHOST MASK ?

# How is the dream connected to HM ? To his father ? To his mother?

# Finally the true nature of Choon Poong ( or maybe not )

# Can PD fit in some lovey dovey scenes? We need cheese.

giphy.gif&resize=w704

credit : moonking

ROLL CALL : Please tag yourself if I have missed you out by mistake thank you. Slackers come forward. Please comment or post pictures during, after and anytime in between. We love your views and your feels.

Immortal first @packmule3, @flutterby06 @pumpkin_pie, @haymochi, @WildDivine69, @misappear, @fourleafclover @cutestrobery, @Stay Gold, @greenanne, @Ma OO, @virsvirs, @estrellita1122, @EvieRain @keyboard88 @ate @ricerascal67 @Ana Paula Cionci @raqlobster

@lavender2love will be here.

LATE EDIT : Super slackers @delta777 and @zenya22. COME ON !!!! FIGHTING !!!!

19623516_152626328642359_196724628602119

credit : moon king

Sassypants here reporting for duty :wink:

While I cannot be too sure if I can make it home on time for live stream tomorrow, you sassypants shall have my undying moral support in handling any revelation and cheese coming your way (Prepare the wine!). Though I am sure my love for MSG will strengthen my willpower to reach home on time. Pray to the traffic god that no one is out there driving at snail pace admiring the streetscape. 

Me against the traffic tomorrow

12 minutes ago, misappear said:

Sassypants here reporting for duty :wink:

While I cannot be too sure if I can make it home on time for live stream tomorrow, you sassypants shall have my undying moral support in handling any revelation and cheese coming your way (Prepare the wine!). Though I am sure my love for MSG will strengthen my willpower to reach home on time. Pray to the traffic god that no one is out there driving at snail pace admiring the streetscape. 

Me against the traffic tomorrow

One good Sassypants reporting for duty. 

Traffic alert........!! Please grant @misappear a snail-free drive home so she can catch the coming-to-an-end-show. Fighting !!!

200.gif#8-grid1  200.gif#49-grid1200.gif#22-grid1

Shall be waiting for your review. Your ability to untangle from chaotic , blurry scenes and write coherently is admirable. I get caught up with oppa's lips closing in on HM's mouth. Bad habit.

On 7/9/2017 at 0:04 PM, staygold said:

Sure. Sure. You?!!  Intimidated, my foot! Err... my claws! You're the one who can stand to watch scary movies and fight shows.

Image result for tapping feet gif

On 7/9/2017 at 0:04 PM, staygold said:

Oh no! we wouldn't want his winking and all! He is a sweet boy of a respectable household! He has carried himself with dignity even while flirting! :wub:

He does have impeccable taste and notices a lot of things that many men don't. I wonder how come he wasn't the least bit attracted to DY who has a fastidious taste as well. Remember how DY spent time beautifying herself and choosing accessories? But he didn't even recognize her when he bumped into her in Ep 2. Perhaps because he sees her as his sister's friend, his donsaeng? Or because he senses that she isn't really a good person at heart? But with HM on the bridge he immediately reacted to her. (I'll have to talk about this bridge in a bit)

I also like how he indulges his silly mom. He didn't have to go shopping with his mom but he did. And remember his first day of work when his mother and sister showered pelted him with those hard beans? He went along with that although his father scolded the mother for wasting precious beans. I liked that. It tells me that he's a good boy, and that his patience and fortitude will definitely come in handy in  a married life with the Princess.

The Princess did appear to be high-strung before (like with drunk-riding scene) but she's now thankfully calming down. And I did like how he pointedly told her that calling the police was the judicious and right way of dealing with situations like that, instead of charging in like a vigilante or a Caped Crusader. She acted in a hasty manner too at that encounter at the palanquin stand (lol, Joseon version of a taxi stand) but she was drunk that time. 

I also like it when he "swirls" her. It gives a more elegant picture than a wrist grab. swirling > grabbing

And now for the bridge. I mentioned bridges in a post before but I couldn't find that post anymore and I'll continue now.  

In my first post in this thread, I compared this romcom to the original move. I said I was going to name 5 similarities/differences but stopped short. I’m missing one more detail so here it is --  (I'll put up the original post here if I can find it. @misappear found it earlier.) 

5. Bridges. 

6180b6d2fbc4e34bc7670cae3866acf0.jpg

In the original movie, GW explained in a voiceover what HE thought fate was all about. He defined fate as building a bridge of chance for somebody you love. It's the last scene actually in the movie. :)

In our romcom, the bridge is taken both literally and metaphorically. (I’m telling you this writer is GOOD with her meta references. It's hard for me to keep up with her because I'm not Korean. Meaning, I don't know which movie scenes had impact on the audience.) I had a hunch that the bridges were going to be important, I mentioned them in another post here. You see, the director always took a panoramic or an extreme wide shot view of the bridges with GW and HM on it. Do you know how much work that entails to move the crew for a wide shot? The BRIDGE would have to be the subject there, not the actors on the bridge. :wink:

CkdsiW.jpg

I said their "first" meetings were always on bridges. The "first" encounter after he arrived back from Joseon. Then, the other 'first" encounter when they were officially introduced to each other. I also jokingly said that if I were to write this story, their first meeting -- or the EARLIEST introduction to each other -- would have been on a bridge as innocent children. They would have been strangers to each other but they would have made an impression on each other even back then. 

On as side note: check out Officer Kang. He too met on a bridge with the Princess but he didn’t cross the bridge after that. Which described his romance, don’t you think?  The pretty pagoda is a "dead end" on the bridge. hahaha

BR7VVd.jpg

These bridge settings are the LITERAL interpretation of “fate is building a bridge of chance for somebody you love.” 

The metaphorical interpretation, however, is GW and the Princess crossing bridges and OVERCOMING challenges together. 

While GW fled  his Chinese fangirls by going over the bridge, 

Spoiler

sW7KHz.jpg

we see him willing to cross the bridge together with the Princess whenever there was trouble. I’ll post some of the bridge scenes here so you can see for yourself what I mean. 

Spoiler

Y7kWM6.jpg

Spoiler

This one is interesting. They aren’t crossing the bridge but CP is on the bridge waiting for them. Interesting, right? 
lEOWYV.jpg

Spoiler

He wants to carry her but the Prince doesn't allow it. 

2NGfI7.jpg

Spoiler

MquiME.jpg

See that? Like in the movie version of My Sassy Girl, GW is building bridges for the person he loves. The difference however, is that they are both crossing the bridges together in this romcom. 

*changed to imgur

Ohmagawsh! I have quite a lot of backreading to do:astonished:!

@lavender2love I've been busy with work this weekend, but I will definitely be here for the live show tomorrow. Going to cook up a storm when I get off tonight so that my family won't bother me because they're hungry, lol.

tootles until later Sassypants!:heart:

Text preview for next ep is out but it doesn't give out anything other than Jung Ki Joon.. Jung Ki Joon and Jung Ki Joon.... then about GW and princess trying to bring him down

GW's mother keep asking GW to go to Jeonju to rest and this is making me so unsettled. I'm afraid that this might be what seperates our couple with a time skip.... 

i will try to join tonight live action if i don't fall asleep lol:tongue:. It's my nighty bed time so i usually can't resist the call from my pillow

3 hours ago, misappear said:

Back reading, nodding vigorously at speculations, pondering, rewatching scenes and finally I'm ready to respond with a short post. I have a lot more to say but I have no literature nor detective background so I'm just gonna lay out my opinion in lay man's term (For example: Oppa is very handsome) 

Before that, @packmule3 analysis of GW's dream sequence. So detailed supported by evidence. I have nothing to say but just (refer to gif below)

hahaha. :D 

Re the long post of mine, please don't get me wrong, okay?

I’m not saying that he did NOT witness or come upon the bloodbath along the forest road. HE DID.

And that’s why he suffers from dissociative amnesia. He’s blocked out the traumatic event as coping mechanism to the overwhelming stress of witnessing the deaths or discovering the crime scene. 

What I’m saying however is that his dreams per se **might** not be about remembering his past but about coping with his present challenges. Meaning, the purpose of his dreams isn't to REVEAL his missing past (and childhood trauma) in a flashback. He's only replaying the same dreamscape; the setting is passive. THIS is what I meant when I said the flashbacks aren’t important or relative -- at least until Episode 12.  

Instead, I'm suggesting that the primary function of his dreams is to problem-solve his current experiences and to process his state of emotions. That’s why the young girl in his dreams is an active and changing image. Because the young girl represents HM, and he has unresolved issues with her. 

Anyway, let's see how it goes. :) 

Edited to add this: I do wonder whether the image of the girl is her REFLECTION on water. 

On a lighter note, I thought it was funny when he wakes up from his nightmare (the first one) and his sister is in the room with his breakfast/herbal stuff. The sister asks him, in  disgusted tone, if he dreamt of the princess

my%20sassy%20girl%20sister%20dream_zpsq7

There is actually a pervy interpretation to her question. She thinks her brother is having a sex dream (or wet dreams, lol) about the Princess because she believes they are already sexually active. After all, she's caught them in bed together. Of course, GW cannot deny or explain because either way, it would have been TMI (or Too Much Information) for her to handle. 

@lavender2love and the sassypants --

Yes, I'll be here for Monday's show. It'll be at 10pm KST (9am my time) again right? If I'm not here yet on the dot, please go ahead and start. I'll be on a conference call that I *intend* to wrap up before 9. I'll be away on Tuesday. 

See you later. 

Archived