[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

My ears were itching and it turns out I have been summoned to this thread :D

Annyeong everyone!  Since we have quite a number of people on this thread, can I take the opportunity to ask if anyone wishes to volunteer to 

- take over Joo Won soompi thread. I've message @coolreborn a while back and she's unable to continue. What we need is a volunteer so that we can put your name to moderator Lyra. Alternatively, you can pm Lyra yourself. 

- take over the blog. I've yet to ask the administrators of the blog but I think something needs to be done. If you are interested, please pm me. Meanwhile, I'll talk to the admins. I hope something can be done soon. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeee... New video from Joo Won( which is actually old, it just got posted today..He's such a sweetheart that he made these videos then just to upload when he won't be here. :wub:) I've no time to see it right now as I'm late for office. So I'm leaving the link here. :)
http://m.vlive.tv/video/35142?channelCode=FD143

Edit: I ended up seeing it before going to office anyway. :tongue:

Question Time

In Episode 12, when GW was bandaging HM's epic finger cut, he told her that he was hurting a lot, too, yesterday. Was he hurt because:  

my%20sassy%20girl%20i%20hurt_zpsrlsaxcrr

a. HM accused him unfairly of not standing by her side.
b. HM refused to forgive him after their first argument. 
c. HM made him worry when she went to the monastery after he told her not to. 
d. None of the above.

Don’t peek now.

Spoiler

busted-smiley.gif?1292867562

I said don't peek! The answer's not here. 

Please share your answer, and after the 5th post, I'll SHARE my answer. 

computer-man-smiley.gif?1292867574

and I'm looking at you: the quiet, the lurking, and the slacker sassypants, too. :)

Gosh those cheeks..

those cheeks on me just make me looks chubby even worse if i stuff my mouth with foods people will just see me like a starving pig *oink*

so jealous that Joowon can look so adorable hahahaha... i wanna pinch his cheeks. How can princess resist those faces he makes? Heeeee:wub:

i wanna see this dimple couple get married and have dozens of dimples babies...

@packmule3 hmm.. my answer would be None of the above. There are just too many reasons he was hurting

1. He was hurting because princess was angry and doubted his love

2. He was hurting because he imagined how hurt princess would be if she knew what the 'court lady'  said. Sad princess =Sad GW

3. He was hurting because he missed her badly and she refused to meet him in the morning.

4. He was hurtinng because he knew princess couldn't sleep well at all at night.

5. He was hurting because princess finger is bleeding lol. Small cut=. Stabbing wound accoding to Gw lol

cheesyyyyyyyy:D:D^_^:tongue:

1 minute ago, haymochi said:

Gosh those cheeks..

those cheeks on me just make me looks chubby even worse if i stuff my mouth with foods people will just see me like a starving pig *oink*

so jealous that Joowon can look so adorable hahahaha... i wanna pinch his cheeks. How can princess resist those faces he makes? Heeeee:wub:

i wanna see this dimple couple get married and have dozens of dimples babies...

@flutterby06 thanks for these gifs. I'm copying and pasting so I know where they are now. The nice thing about this sageuk romcom is that it can incorporate a silly drunk scene like this without making it look gratuitous fan service. A tipsy GW is the probably the only acceptable time for him to do aegyo like this. lol. He can hardly make the same cutesy face when he's playing in Gaksital or Good Doctor.  >.< 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

His fingers are fine, too. I don't like men with short hands and stubby fingers. 

2 hours ago, packmule3 said:

In Episode 12, when GW was bandaging HM's epic finger cut, he told her that he was hurting a lot, too, yesterday. Was he hurt because:  

GW was hurting because he was feeling both his and HM's sadness.. He knew it that Princess was saying all these because she was hurting, which is why Gyun Woo didn't argue with Princess despite she said all those hurtful things again. She also unfairly accused him before. So Gyun Woo may be knew that it was HM's way of dealing with sadness and frustration. But despite knowing that those words still hurt him.

Also state of his mind must have been more complicated because what he knew from court lady (disposed Queen) and what can be done if that is true.

2 hours ago, packmule3 said:

He can hardly make the same cutesy face when he's playing in Gaksital or Good Doctor.  >.< 

While Gaksital left no scope for Joo Won acting cutsey, Good Doctor is another matter. The character JW played in GD is Park Shi On was very cute. His posture, gesture and the tone he used was adorable. I think this is another reason why people loved Park Shi On so much.

I know you don't watch Medical Drama, but I'll recommend Good Doctor to you and everyone else anyway. GD has a heart warming story and JW's portrayal of Park Shi On is awesome. A distinct thing about JW's acting is that with each of his drama, he creates a new identity. It feels like I'm watching someone new no matter how much attached I'm with his previous drama characters. I may be biased but that's what I feel made me an avid fan of Joo Won. 

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy @greenanne You did it. You waved your magic wand / pen and mrdimples appears.

Below are 3 quotes following the flow of conversation. Based on @greenanne and @flutterby06 intention to continue in JW's thread and @mrdimples request, you both are perfect to take over Joo Won Soompi thread. You can be joint admin there. That will be lovely and I will visit whenever I can to support you. However as part of the deal , make sure the Joo Won Cutie blog is updated and activated again.

Okay everyone ? DEAL ? Say Yes .. !!

I'd be so excited if MSG is the platform where there's a new change of guard.

tumblr_orelh1EwNo1s8t96qo2_500.png

7 hours ago, greenanne said:

I am so excited for the new episodes next week! WHOA I CAN'T WAIT.

@flutterybyYes let's go to Joo Won thread later when MSG ends and continue talking! I think that thread becomes a little inactive now? <3 Thank you so much! LOL I talked to my close friends nonstop about him and I haven't turned any into his fans yet T_T.

T@lavender2love. As for JooWoncutie, I think the main one working on it, beside @mrdimples were @rionae too. Maybe life gets in so they are busy.    And thank you so much for reading my writing!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate it!

@flutterby06: same here! They did very thorough work and it is a good record of his career until 2015. Maybe things are getting very busy for them. But they may come back soon!!

tumblr_oqwgf8MCQx1rxl507o1_500.png

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

@greenanne and @lavender2love, I forget to talk about JOOWON CUTIES!

I was so glad when I found that website. They subtitled so many videos of him.. But now they are inactive. I wish I knew that site when they were active. I appreciate how much they did for Joo Won fans by uploading and subbing his videos. later I got to know that Joo Won Cuties are from Soompi.

tumblr_orcspmYdpJ1s8t96qo4_500.png

4 hours ago, mrdimples said:

My ears were itching and it turns out I have been summoned to this thread :D

Annyeong everyone!  Since we have quite a number of people on this thread, can I take the opportunity to ask if anyone wishes to volunteer to 

- take over Joo Won soompi thread. I've message @coolreborn a while back and she's unable to continue. What we need is a volunteer so that we can put your name to moderator Lyra. Alternatively, you can pm Lyra yourself. 

- take over the blog. I've yet to ask the administrators of the blog but I think something needs to be done. If you are interested, please pm me. Meanwhile, I'll talk to the admins. I hope something can be done soon. 

Before we start another episode on Monday, I want to take this time to savor the cheesiest dialogues ever to be found in sageuk. 

Dialogues like this:

my%20sassy%20girl%20you%20go%20first_zps

HM: Be careful going home. 
GW: This is a problem. I do not want to go.
HM: Hurry up and go. 
GW: You should go in first. 
HM: No, you should go first.
GW: No, you should go first.
HM: Then I will count one, two, three and we can go at the same time. All right. One, two, three!
GW: (hops in place and smiles at her then looks down at his feet in embarrassment)
HM: What was that? Get going. I want to see you leave.
GW: Should I go in with you? 
HM: giggles

There’s nothing really extraordinary here. I’ve seen this “You go first. No, you go first” exchange done so many times. Like in “Strong Woman Do Bong-Soon” and “Liar and his Lover.” 

However, this is the first time I’ve seen characters in hanbok doing cornball. 

In theory, lingering goodbyes look romantic because the two sweethearts aren’t in a hurry to end their time together. In practice? Lol. I’ll have to admit that if my husband had told me to “Go in first” when we were dating, I would have nodded at him and said, “See you tomorrow!” I was THAT obtuse and literal-minded. 

Lol. I almost missed that part when GW invited himself in. “Should I go in with you?” hahahaha. So suave. 

In theory, his self-invitation to enter your home is a bit presumptuous. In practice however, the only proper response for you single sassypants is:

Spoiler

Image result for knowing yes gif

Need you ask, JW? B)

Awesome responses, @haymochi and @flutterby06! Each one written in your style, too. big smile2 smiley

That was gooood @packmule3 Your theories made me nod my head vigorously.

Reminds me of their style of talk pre-dating stage . I mean girls would loved to be liken to the lovely moon or a fragrant flower or eyes like pools of inviting water ..... but a face like a lantern ? I know she's saying that in context but that's why it's different, novel flirtatious talk. Haha GW could have turned his charm on her by saying her face was not a lantern but a thousand fairy lights....

tumblr_or68j6VTiK1r1fzv0o3_400.gif  tumblr_or68j6VTiK1r1fzv0o4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_or68j6VTiK1r1fzv0o5_400.gif  tumblr_or68j6VTiK1r1fzv0o6_r1_400.gif

gif maker: dancerkai94

22 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

@lavender2love

I looked at this picture and thought: Living in the world of sageuk might have its perks. I want to wear him all day…err… I mean… I want to wear a hanbok all day. 

So gorgeous, really. 

zshemademe-smiley.gif?1292867706 @staygold

Bwahahahahhaha.......... @packmule3. Gotcha....... you sneaky you. Indeed..... !! Let me tweak that to reveal its true underlying meaning " ...want to wear him out him all day."  Me two ! Me three ! Who wants to be 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8 ?

Say, MY HANBOK IS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN YOUR HANBOK. Stays wearable for hours.

A hanbok is a neutral word right ? Can refer to bother gender? I'm writing in small print hoping my ignorance doesn't show..... hahahaha

Am I'm about to be given the jugulae order ?

19429133_233481890498261_918776202921194

36 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

Bwahahahahhaha.......... @packmule3. Gotcha....... you sneaky you. Indeed..... !! Let me tweak that to reveal its true underlying meaning " ...want to wear him out him all day."  Me two ! Me three ! Who wants to be 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8 ?

Say, MY HANBOK IS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN YOUR HANBOK. Stays wearable for hours.

A hanbok is a neutral word right ? Can refer to bother gender? I'm writing in small print hoping my ignorance doesn't show..... hahahaha

Am I'm about to be given the jugulae order ?

Shhhhh!!!! (Great minds think alike)

But here's the obligatory "Jugulae??!!" if you broadcast that joke to ladies outside our sassypants group. 

my%20sassy%20girl%20jugulae_zpsjjn5q5us.

To take it down a notch with our perviness...

One of the things I do find distracting in this romcom is when GW addresses the Princess as "Mama." I know it's subbed as "Your Highness." But it's jarring nevertheless to an American (and older generation) like me to hear a composed and collected young man call his pretty girlfriend "mama".  You see, the word mama, when pronounced like momma, is a slang for a girlfriend. It connotes somebody sexy, curvy. Like, "Hey yo! momma." :)

Have to step out for a while  ( not wearing hanbok or anything...... heck...!! That doesn't sound right .... oh nvm ) Anyway I did this before I go and so so it probably seems a random post and not a responding one to whoever before me.

Seems to me this drama is the only one that features a cute toy dog. Correct me if I'm wrong.The usual would be horses, eagles, maybe a bear or two but a dog ? I know it has a message, especially that it is a gift from the Qing Emperor. Anyone can elaborate on this ?

GW is devastatingly attractive. Who is more enticed Peke or us ?

This hanbok is so pleasing to the eye as is the wearer.

DDsah3CXoAAfPPM.jpg

tumblr_osdvxiOI0r1ql0375o3_500.png

Spoiler

tumblr_osdvxiOI0r1ql0375o2_500.png

tumblr_osdvxiOI0r1ql0375o1_500.png

Sweet success, @lavender2love! I found the Jugulae gif. 

tumblr_oskszkbyep1ql0375o1_540.gif

Spoiler

And her speechless reaction.

tumblr_oskszkbyep1ql0375o2_540.gif

I like how she fluttered her eyes and didn't know where to look. OYS is a good actress, and she's an INTELLIGENT actress, too. Not IQ-wise, but she picks just the right gestures to convey an emotion.  I love her a whole lot more than that actress in the new series water god. :wacko:

credit: level-upper

Re. Destiny in this romcom. 

To be honest, I'm not really that wild over destiny/fate like most kdrama viewers are. I get that "fated romance" theme is a staple of most kdramas but I actually prefer couples who are LOVERS, rather SOULMATES. What’s the difference, you might ask. 

It's simple. Lovers love by choice and soulmates don’t. 

Do you get it?  

So if HM's and GW's paths didn't cross when they were children, I wouldn't mind at all. It doesn't diminish their love story for me. heart-shape2-smiley.gif?1292867614

I noticed the "should i go in with you?"  since the first time already and immediately think "who is the pervert one huh...":tongue:

actually i don't really care if they have crossed path as kids or not. Their love story is already  so beautiful and sweet ... but since GW's have been dreaming about the young princess, i'm 100% sure that they met bfore. I'm just hoping that it's destiny instead of ill fated something that will tear them apart then tear the viewers heart again

20 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I noticed the "should i go in with you?"  since the first time already and immediately think "who is the pervert one huh...":tongue:

actually i don't really care if they have crossed path as kids or not. Their love story is already  so beautiful and sweet ... but since GW's have been dreaming about the young princess, i'm 100% sure that they met bfore. I'm just hoping that it's destiny instead of ill fated something that will tear them apart then tear the viewers heart again

I was distracted the first time by Officer Kang's sad face.

Poor guy. He was too busy with work, he didn't have time to smell the roses and he shouldn't have courted the girl in earnest. I liked it when he slipped on her shoe for her, and when he appeared out of nowhere at the waterfalls to save HM. That was standard practice for second-male-leads but he did it well. I hope he doesn't get killed off in the end or something. 

1497333992_my-sassy-girl.jpg

His hat however...tsk.tsk.tsk. Those metal decorations look like they've been glue-gunned onto the hat and sold at Walmart. 

16 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Don't ask..I'm very sad about this also..I joined soompi to mainly talk in Joo Won thread and MSG thread. People seldom comes in Joo Won thread now a days and I was worried that it will be same with MSG thread. I'm glad you all came here and made this so lively... THANK ALL YOU VERY MUCH.:heart:

@greenanne, you don't need to be sorry. I think I'd be same if I get to talk about him.. I made a close friend of mine see GD & TC,to turn her into a Joo Won fan( I knew that she and i share same tastes). Before she only saw a few KDrama and was gushing a lot about a particular Hallyu Star. I do like that star but I just couldn't take her craziness about him. But now all she talks is about JW.:lol: She later also watched BM and YP.

And I also think Joo Won is too honest for entertainment industry. The way he talks about himself honestly in interviews (Special mention Healing Camp, Win Win) can be scary. Though I want him to be a bit reserved, I can't help but love him more because he is so sincere and honest despite knowing the consequences very well.

May be we can talk about all this and more later in Joo Won Thread? Can we? @misappear , Would you like to join with us?

Yusshhhh thank you very much for the invite! I will drop by as soon as I find some tiny opening to indulge myself in discussions with substance and constructive opinions (in shorter term: fangirling) 

I am a new Joo Won fan. I first saw him in SM the Ballad music video and has this instant attraction to his face (must be the cheeks at work). Then I saw him in OB but it was too long of a drama to follow. I have the intention to watch all his famous work as he is deemed the Prince of Rating. I did my fair share of research and I know most of his roles are heavy. My heart is not ready for heavy political stuff like Bridal Mask and thriller like YP. So I think I would start with Good Doctors. I saw some clips of him, he is absolutely adorable in there and I also adore Moon Chae Won. Rest assured that is on the top of my TO-DO list. I just need a free weekend to binge watch the whole series (yes, sometimes my friends think I have no life but JW cheeks is life :D )

After starting MSG I also looked for movies JW was in because 2 hours is easier to finish compared to 20 episodes. I watched Fashion King and I was full of question marks (???) with the storyline but it was quite funny anyway. I'd think drama would do JW more justice as we will be able to see the character depth and progression at a slower pace. 

And I watched all the vids you linked of JW's mannerism behind the scene. It feels like he is such a gentle person. Those gentleness does reflect well in GW character. Scholarly, gentleman and very well mannered. Such a perfect combo. (Though in real life he is more like a teddy bear that you wish you can hug and pinch his cheeks) 

Oops, I think this may be more fitting to go under JW thread since it's not so much on MSG but I am still catching up on this thread and wanted to reply to so many of your insights and speculations!!

And this is me running away from responsibilities and straight to soompi forum :rolleyes:

tumblr_or77i3CUH11ql0375o1_500.gif

Awwww....

tumblr_oremq7Mlek1s8t96qo1_540.png

tumblr_oremq7Mlek1s8t96qo2_540.png

tumblr_oremq7Mlek1s8t96qo3_540.png

credit: dreamingsnowflake2013

Remember this scene? From Episode 2. Per dramafever, the scene went like:

GW: If I were to meet a soulmate who could move my heart, I can forget my dreams of rising up in the ranks. I can live only for that woman. 
DY: Who will that woman be? I’m very curious.

Well, DY didn't need to be curious for longer than a minute. As they were pouring tea, the Princess was heading to the tearoom (How on earth did she know to head there to search for him??)

GW’s eyes widened with horror when he spotted her and she strode towards him.

HM: It’s you, isn’t it? 
GW: You came to me on your own. 

lol. 

He was fulfilling his words now. He gave up the possibility of a more prestigious and lucrative career track, and instead settled to become the young Prince's tutor in order to be around her. Also, she did go to him on this day in the tearoom. She was the one who sought him out. However, on other days, when it mattered the most, he was to one to reach out to her, even when she wanted him gone. As a matter of fact, he told her so in Episode 10. He said it might not be his place to be with her, but there is nothing he could do about it.

Meaning, wherever she was, there he would be too.  

@lavender2love Thank you for the suggestion that I could become a joint admin! I would love to continue talking about JW but I unfortunately can't guarantee being an admin T_T. Too busy and my schedule changes all the time. So sorry but I know there will be other fans taking on the responsibility! Sorry again x. 

@staygold, This is another moment that I thought was very cheeky of her. She was embarrassed to meet GW that morning. So GW teased her out of her shyness with hisrsric0ck-and-bull story. Really now how could anybody resist calling BS on his ridiculous boast that his Pekingese STUDIED Confucius and Mencius?!!  He was pulling her leg of course. 

Her sassiness here proved to GW knew she was back to her old self. Her version of sassiness is the kind I know and associate with sassy gals. Not the movie version. Sassy isn't mean-spirited.  

tumblr_ornxtsxfuU1ql0375o3_540.png

tumblr_ornxtsxfuU1ql0375o4_540.png

tumblr_ornxtsxfuU1ql0375o2_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_ornxtsxfuU1ql0375o1_540.png

hahaha. His face! He didn't see that coming.

For emphasis, I would have written this down a bit differently: "Did you JUST call me Master Doggy?"

tumblr_ornxtsxfuU1ql0375o5_540.png

No, she wasn't confused.  And sorrynotsorry. 

This translation is best.:) The one on Dramafever didn't come out as zippy.

Archived