[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

Now who was it who mentioned that GW’s father is acting strange? Was it you, @haymochi? or @misappear

I rewatched Episode 11 for that scene when the dad requested GW to retire to the Jeonju countryside and spend his days focusing on his studies.  He advised, “Once a tree grows bigger, it must endure more wind and rain. Rather than a moment of sunshine, it is sometimes better to find shade and wisdom.”  GW declined, “I understand your worries, but I cannot do that. How can I become a strong and healthy tree by running away from wind and rain? Trust me and watch over me.”

On second, third glance, I don’t think his father is acting strange anymore. He’s simply a dad who’s very concerned about his only son and his son’s safety. Based on previous episodes, we know his dad is one of the few upright and staunch supporter of the King. He wasn’t afraid to interrupt the Ministers’ meeting when he heard them gleefully discussing the Princess’ removal to the Qing Empire. And Minister Jang believes that GW acquired his moral rectitude from his father. 

I think the father expected retaliation from Minister Jang for the discovery of the rebellion plot, and feared that GW would be his target for the sabotaging their plans. Minister Jang knew that GW was suspicious of the whole visit when he asked who originally extended the invitation to the QP. And he knew that GW was the one who uncovered the actual reason that a union between two kingdoms was arranged. It was only a pretext to conceal an illegal arms trade to the rebels in Joseon. Lastly, he knew that GW was influential enough to request that an Imperial Prince return to his home country without the bride he wanted.  

The father worried that GW’s spectacular save gained him a lot of powerful enemies and he wanted GW to hide.  The reason he is not telling his wife about this is because his wife is already anxious about GW’s nightmares.  Now, we know that the mother cossets GW and she may or may not be overdramatizing GW’s childhood nightmares and ailments. But judging from the father’s closed door discussion with GW – and his father has been a wise counsel and a voice of reason in court – he deems the political situation in the palace more dangerous to GW than his recurring of his night terrors. 

The other interesting thing about the family dynamics is that the father doesn’t disclose anything work-related to the womenfolk, which is probably smart because they are both indiscreet. However because of this, both the mother and the sister have no clue that the father of their “favored” girl, DY, is the one who endangers their beloved GW. 

Again, my 2 cents. It's okay if we have differences in opinions. 

tumblr_or77i3CUH11ql0375o2_500.gif

Running away from you, @staygold. Where did you get this? This reminds me of that scene in the movie MSG when GW this pretty girl on the street that he wanted to "chat up." When he tapped the girl's shoulder and the girl turned around to reveal that she was Sassy Girl in the flesh, he bolted! Like a gazelle with a cheetah after it. pwahahaha. Remember that scene? Now our JooWon couldn't run here but his face was so funny. He really looked like he was being hunted, too. And when I remember that he fled from his screaming HORDE of Chinese fans, how could he be terrified of just a simple wave from the Princess? 

Yes, Choon Poong could be CS son. Or he could even be a forgotten nephew of the King or something. I think he's a shady character. :ph34r: (I can also be wrong, you know...so let's wait and see.) I think the reference to Gaksital is deliberate. How could they not incorporate that as a meta-joke? Too bad I don't know anything about that show. 

Anyway, I enjoy watching the facial expressions of JW and OYS. They certainly can express so many different emotions just by sucking in their cheeks, and wiggling their noses. hahaha. That's proof positive that they didn't undergo botux or plastic surgery. They still have lots of facial muscles to work with. hahaha.

Edit to add: 

@lavender2love I'll ask your question in a bit, waiting for somebody to reply. I don't want this to be go on as running post. Anybody lurking? Please say hi and move this thread? 

bored-smiley.gif?1292867559

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Running away from you, @staygold. Where did you get this?

That is from ep 8 after the GW's has these strange dreams about getting the Princess punished by reporting to the King. And another after he reads the Princess's private life book and imagines some risque things! He decides best way to tackle the Princess problem is avoid her. But he sees her as soon as he enters and he runs away awkwardly.

2 hours ago, lavender2love said:

However , I think if CP is ambitious for the throne, why would he help Queen Han ? ( the disposed queen ) She would be of no use to him since her son Wonja is the next in line . No doubt this under-aged and uncrowned prince is easy to disposed of, but CP had never at any time tried to harm him. Also if the king is removed how is it going to work out for HM? She too was willing to make sacrifice for Wonja by marrying someone she has no feelings for . ( even though he is gorgeous ... hehe ) That's just a passing dizziness. Give me GW anytime.

I hope CP turns out to be less ominous.

Look: my **theory** can be all wrong. That's okay. 

What I'm doing here is showing you that there's always another way of looking at characters that will make clear and logical sense. And once you see it, you can't unsee it. Right? :D

And how do we know for certain that he was helping out deposed Queen? Her face didn't register any reaction when she turned around to see him. And she was no longer there when GW and HM searched for her later that night. I wrote down earlier that he could have been there to abduct her. Or he could have dropped by to intimidate her, silence her, inquire about her health, warn her, or give her tea and cookies. :wink: We don't know.  

(BTW, The outfit he wore when he went to the butcher shop with GW and HM is the same as the outfit he wore to visit the deposed Queen at the temple.)

my%20sassy%20girl%20queen_zpsdib4uiok.jp

The one thing we DO know with certainty is that he dropped by to visit the Princess at the clinic the following day. The ostensible reason was he was looking for a cure for hangover. But as I've written too earlier, he could have been there to get information on what GW had learned from his encounter with the Queen. Like a good spy or double-agent, he needed real-time information. He would wanted to know what GW discovered the previous day after his visit to Lady Ahn.  Thus, when Choon Poong exclaimed that he was also "dying of curiosity" to know why GW was hiding things from the Princess, he really meant that. There was a double meaning there. :wink:

Also, @lavender2love, you have to consider how the director chooses to film the character. The actor hams it up. The way I see it, he's acting out a special type of villain, one who uses humor or ridicule to deflect from his evil plans of "world Joseon domination." He's too funny to be evil and he's too helpful to be mean. But the camera will always linger on his face to show a grim, a frown or a stony expression after his joviality ends. To me, that indicates that CP wears a mask. His sociability is only a facade. 

Now, I'm not sure how this will all end. I'm hoping that this Masked Ghost angle will only be there for two episodes (just like the "mysterious lover" and the "Chinese prince" angles). We already had our gentle lovers' interlude last week, so it's back to the grindstone again for our OTP with these political intrigues. I do hope we can get more sweatheart moments (I don't care how cheesy) to tide us over. 

I have to write about his nightmare issues next... but I'm pacing ourselves. Don't want to bore y'all. 

On 7/7/2017 at 1:14 PM, packmule3 said:

Good night! 

Here's a primer on "Tokens." 

Token of love 

Reveal hidden contents

Ring from King for deposed Queen

my%20sassy%20girl%20token%203_zpssfdmsfy

Token of affection

Reveal hidden contents

Hairpiece won by GW for HM

my%20sassy%20girl%20token%201_zps9qlhya3

Token of appreciation

Reveal hidden contents

also known as Consolation Prize

my%20sassy%20girl%20token%202_zpscc3jy1t

Token of New York City

Reveal hidden contents

A bus token 

Image result for nyc token

We should give DY -- and GW's sister -- a one-way bus palanquin fare out of town. 

I wish I can give you more than one like for this. 

Token of Appreciation also known as Consolation Prize. LMAO this is too good. 

Oops, also guilty of being a slacker and ninja liker here :ph34r: Had too much work going on and soompi app keep crashing on iphone. Could only catch up when I have the time to sit in front of my computer. Looks like I will miss the live stream this coming Monday as well *cries* I have a meeting 2 hours before the airing and the location is an hour away from home :bawling: I swear timing is such a troll. It's the last 2 weeks of MSG and I want to be the first to catch up with its latest episode and share them with you sassypants but nope, all important tasks and meeting shall come especially on Monday and Tuesday.

21 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I think someone here mentioned Joo Won Drama PD's using his cheeks well.. I forgot who!

I can't agree more

Me me me *raise hand* Seriously though...when he stuffed his face with those rice cakes, it's too lovable :wub:

And this may come a bit late, thanks for defending our Sassypants stance from the other "site"! Read the whole thing, ooo so sassy. You sure do take after our princess. Always stand up for injustice! Burn down their nonsense review and get them arrested for drunk writing :tongue:

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

Now who was it who mentioned that GW’s father is acting strange? Was it you, @haymochi? or @misappear

I rewatched Episode 11 for that scene when the dad requested GW to retire to the Jeonju countryside and spend his days focusing on his studies.  He advised, “Once a tree grows bigger, it must endure more wind and rain. Rather than a moment of sunshine, it is sometimes better to find shade and wisdom.”  GW declined, “I understand your worries, but I cannot do that. How can I become a strong and healthy tree by running away from wind and rain? Trust me and watch over me.”

On second, third glance, I don’t think his father is acting strange anymore. He’s simply a dad who’s very concerned about his only son and his son’s safety. Based on previous episodes, we know his dad is one of the few upright and staunch supporter of the King. He wasn’t afraid to interrupt the Ministers’ meeting when he heard them gleefully discussing the Princess’ removal to the Qing Empire. And Minister Jang believes that GW acquired his moral rectitude from his father. 

I think the father expected retaliation from Minister Jang for the discovery of the rebellion plot, and feared that GW would be his target for the sabotaging their plans. Minister Jang knew that GW was suspicious of the whole visit when he asked who originally extended the invitation to the QP. And he knew that GW was the one who uncovered the actual reason that a union between two kingdoms was arranged. It was only a pretext to conceal an illegal arms trade to the rebels in Joseon. Lastly, he knew that GW was influential enough to request that an Imperial Prince return to his home country without the bride he wanted.  

The father worried that GW’s spectacular save gained him a lot of powerful enemies and he wanted GW to hide.  The reason he is not telling his wife about this is because his wife is already anxious about GW’s nightmares.  Now, we know that the mother cossets GW and she may or may not be overdramatizing GW’s childhood nightmares and ailments. But judging from the father’s closed door discussion with GW – and his father has been a wise counsel and a voice of reason in court – he deems the political situation in the palace more dangerous to GW than his recurring of his night terrors. 

The other interesting thing about the family dynamics is that the father doesn’t disclose anything work-related to the womenfolk, which is probably smart because they are both indiscreet. However because of this, both the mother and the sister have no clue that the father of their “favored” girl, DY, is the one who endangers their beloved GW. 

I don't think I mentioned "strange" or maybe I did. What I presumed is that his dad has something more to hide on the "nightmare phase" of young GW. But nothing related to his loyalty and uprightness as a Minister. 

It's true he never mentioned anything work related to his wife, hence, GW mom's could never even imagine that GW's lost memories and nightmare have such huge relevance to the politics that even involved a treacherous plot against the dethroned queen. But i'm sure his dad knew the FULL story. Hence he is 10x more worried about GW, not only because of the present threats (nicely summarised by @packmule3 as above) but also what he saw in the past. 

49 minutes ago, misappear said:

I wish I can give you more than one like for this. 

Token of Appreciation also known as Consolation Prize. LMAO this is too good. 

Oops, also guilty of being a slacker and ninja liker here :ph34r: Had too much work going on and soompi app keep crashing on iphone. Could only catch up when I have the time to sit in front of my computer. Looks like I will miss the live stream this coming Monday as well *cries* I have a meeting 2 hours before the airing and the location is an hour away from home :bawling: I swear timing is such a troll. It's the last 2 weeks of MSG and I want to be the first to catch up with its latest episode and share them with you sassypants but nope, all important tasks and meeting shall come especially on Monday and Tuesday.

Me me me *raise hand* Seriously though...when he stuffed his face with those rice cakes, it's too lovable :wub:

And this may come a bit late, thanks for defending our Sassypants stance from the other "site"! Read the whole thing, ooo so sassy. You sure do take after our princess. Always stand up for injustice! Burn down their nonsense review and get them arrested for drunk writing :tongue:

I don't think I mentioned "strange" or maybe I did. What I presumed is that his dad has something more to hide on the "nightmare phase" of young GW. But nothing related to his loyalty and uprightness as a Minister. 

It's true he never mentioned anything work related to his wife, hence, GW mom's could never even imagine that GW's lost memories and nightmare have such huge relevance to the politics that even involved a treacherous plot against the late queen. But i'm sure his dad knew the FULL story. Hence he is 10x more worried about GW, not only because of the present threats (nicely summarised by @packmule3 as above) but also what he saw in the past. 

Good points!!! :)

And hahaha. Drunk writing, indeed!  Our advice to these newbies who can't "drink and write" is: you may write drunk, but you MUST edit sober.  (I don't who said this. Hemingway? He's one old drunkard himself.)

I won't be here too next Tuesday. I've a morning flight. Won't be back till next week. But I can bring my personal electronics so I'll check in on this thread. 

I'll write more about this nightmare in a bit. I do not think it's relevant as a flashback. If you re-watch, you'll notice that the nightmares replay the same scene over and over again. The landscape dreamscape doesn't change. The dreamer is a forest, then he walks on a wooded road where he sees dead bodies, weapons, and an ordinary black palanquin. What changes is the action of the young girl who appears in his dream. 

And -- @flutterby06 -- I changed my mind. I think he finally DID recognize that the young girl is the Princess. (This was my third explanation that I was re-thinking when I posted yesterday.) The shift happened in Episode 11. Thus, in Episode 12, when he reassured his mom not to worry, he was telling her the truth. He's come to understand the meaning of his dreams or why he dreams. He's PROCESSING his memories or consolidating his long-term memory with the new short-term memories. But it's not his childhood trauma that is driving him to have these nightmares all of the sudden. It's actually the Princess. (So, hahaha. He did mean it when he told her to "take responsibility" for his insomnia.) But give me time. I'll explain later.   

kkvastf-smiley.gif?1292867629

@misappear, ha ha.. DRUNK WRITING! That's exactly what the writing was.. :D Thanks. And it was you... Glad you mntoned his cute cheeks. :blush:

15 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Is this a mannerism of this actor? Biting his tongue? I saw GW doing it a couple of times, too.  laugh.png

@packmule3, JW does that often. He can be such a baby off the camera. He is called Aegyo Boy by most of his co-actor and actress. But he changes himself completely when he is in front of camera. Some of his co-actors( Park ki Woong, Kim tae Hee etc) has mentioned this about him in interviews.

This is why many of his fans (as well as me) are amazed by him. It's hard to believe that the person who played complex characters like Lee Kangto and Gu Majun is this same person who doesn't  know how to pretend and act cool. He even admitted it himself that he find acting cool tough.

I think this one is his signature off time expression..He dose this a lot.

RO10110386_w1000_h0.jpg&key=20411ff0a58d

If you want to see more of his mannerism behind the scene, you can check the hidden section. :blush:

When he is hyper, he can be like this!

Catch Me movie PD has accumulated a few of his behind the scene aegyos..

And how can they forget him if he keeps shooting sincere smiles like this.

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Look: my **theory** can be all wrong. That's okay. 

What I'm doing here is showing you that there's always another way of looking at characters that will make clear and logical sense. And once you see it, you can't unsee it. Right? :D

Hoo hoo....... now I can't unsee and unthink about this paradoxical CP character which writer-nim must have based on such strange creature who had trolled her and she in turn trolls us with him... hhrrrmmmppphh !!

DD8lV8qUQAIHPMD.jpg

And how do we know for certain that he was helping out deposed Queen? Her face didn't register any reaction when she turned around to see him. And she was no longer there when GW and HM searched for her later that night. I wrote down earlier that he could have been there to abduct her. Or he could have dropped by to intimidate her, silence her, inquire about her health, warn her, or give her tea and cookies. :wink: We don't know.  

(BTW, The outfit he wore when he went to the butcher shop with GW and HM is the same as the outfit he wore to visit the deposed Queen at the temple.)

I don't know too. ( is this gif too " exposed ? " )

200.gif#1-grid1

The one thing we DO know with certainty is that he dropped by to visit the Princess at the clinic the following day. The ostensible reason was he was looking for a cure for hangover. But as I've written too earlier, he could have been there to get information on what GW had learned from his encounter with the Queen. Like a good spy or double-agent, he needed real-time information. He would wanted to know what GW discovered the previous day after his visit to Lady Ahn.  Thus, when Choon Poong exclaimed that he was also "dying of curiosity" to know why GW was hiding things from the Princess, he really meant that. There was a double meaning there. :wink:

Also, @lavender2love, you have to consider how the director chooses to film the character. The actor hams it up. The way I see it, he's acting out a special type of villain, one who uses humor or ridicule to deflect from his evil plans of "world Joseon domination." He's too funny to be evil and he's too helpful to be mean. But the camera will always linger on his face to show a grim, a frown or a stony expression after his joviality ends. To me, that indicates that CP wears a mask. His sociability is only a facade. 

Re pix of CP above. Whak mask is he is he trolling us with ? I'd say that sly half-closed eyes which taunt wit " I know something that you don't .

Now, I'm not sure how this will all end. I'm hoping that this Masked Ghost angle will only be there for two episodes (just like the "mysterious lover" and the "Chinese prince" angles). We already had our gentle lovers' interlude last week, so it's back to the grindstone again for our OTP with these political intrigues. I do hope we can get more sweatheart moments (I don't care how cheesy) to tide us over. 

I have to write about his nightmare issues next... but I'm pacing ourselves. Don't want to bore y'all. 

Bore us ?? Friend ..... you already have a following and your post are devoured   eerrr... read by sassypants.

I agree about the sweetheart honey time. She should also improve on her cooking so that so that he showers kisses n her, seeing how even he gentlemanly kiss her in spite of the salty pastries. She should also switch fruits so that he won't fall asleep on their wedding night and other nights. What fruits are good for lovers that keep the energy level up hahah.. Anyone ?

Are sassypants in Slacker Anonymous ? Or idling over the weekend ?  Peeps we have two weeks more. Thinking of it already make me sad. Apart from missing the show, I'll miss all of you.... can I cry now ? Boo hoo hoo... !!

EDIT : Just saw your slew of videos about JW's mannerisms..( my first time watching them ) Hahahah love them. He is such an adorable dork.

@flutterby06 quote : If you want to see more of his mannerism behind the scene, you can check the hidden section. :blush:

Argh........I was busy with easy works all day.And I wanted to talk about this particular scene but I couldn't because of that. :expressionless:

Both Joo Won and Oh Yeon Seo did great in this scene in my opinion. This is really a very simple scene for a romantic drama. But I found this scene very peaceful, they looked so content. 

I didn't feel that Gyun Woo told it to tease Hye Myung. He said it sweetly and as Princess became flustered, he affectionately kissed her cheek. :wub:

DD-TRQ-V0AUY8k0.jpg&key=07cdde95e0834f28

They seemed so content in their own bubble despite how things are starting to get complicated around them. :blush:

DD-TN2qW0AAIT9r.jpg

BTW, this is old but if anyone is interested in the MSG cast's interview in Vlive you can check it here.

This one got interrupted.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/29688

This is the longer one.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/30156?channelCode=ECA251

And also Joo Won's shout out to his fans and MSG Drama viewers through his vlive account.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/32796

http://www.vlive.tv/video/31319?channelCode=FD143

http://www.vlive.tv/video/31481

Thanks @flutterby06. Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. But it takes time to watch them ( I do want to watch all ) meanwhile I came across  DIMPLE BOY. This drama is really crowded with sassy dimples.

The dimples clan produces the first king with dimples. Older kings have fierce beards so can't verify they dimples or not.

Soooooooooooooo cute  ,  < pinches cheeks >

DEMusdKUIAAH3Mm.jpgDEMusdLUMAEVBZb.jpg

DEOaaFAV0AEvVN4.jpg

Was it you @pumpkin_pie who had asked about this "Maeng mo sam mang ji kyo" or the blind queen will ruin the nation? I've an update after watching Episode 12. 

Update on the Maeng mo sam mang ji kyo or the "Blind queen ruins the kingdom"

I believe I found the source of this quote.  It’s from a Chinese tragedy called “The Sorrows of Han.” office-smiley.gif?1292867648 ( <-- That's me working hard) 

According to the translator’s preface, it’s a cautionary tale about a ruling monarch that focuses only on love and not the governance of his people. I'm side-eyeing the spineless king in this romcom.

I'm copying and pasting the pertinent text here to save you trouble. Notice the similar argument used by Minister Jang for the queen’s removal? To save the people, the queen must be deposed. (which is so sexist, I swear!) 

PRESIDENT. The foreigners say that through your Majesty's devoted fondness for the princess, the affairs of your empire are falling into ruin. They declare that if the government does not yield her up, they will put their army in motion, and subdue the country. Your servant reflects, that Chow-wong who lost his empire and life entirely through his blind devotion to Takee, is a fit example to warn your Majesty. Our army is weak, and needs the talents of a fit general. Should we oppose the Tartars, and be defeated, what will remain to us? Let your Majesty give up your fondness for the princess, to save your people. 

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/10056/10056-8.txt

Now, I don’t speak Korean so I don’t know how accurate that translation of the "Maeng mo sam mang ji kyo" is – if it was in fact referring to queen as blind (and not the king). Hmmm....I wonder if the subber took it upon herself to assume that the queen was guilty of blindness. 

Whatever. (hairflip)

In the original text, it’s the king who shouldered the blame. His president feared that his blindness to state affairs and his preoccupation with his lover would lead to the ruin of the empire.Thus the president urged him to give up his lover to save his people. 

In our romcom, on the other hand, the evil Minister subverted this text and accused the QUEEN of destroying the monarchy and the nation. She was the scapegoat. 

Now why am I mentioning this? 

Because I think it explains how GW found out about the “Maeng mo sam mang ji kyo” without anybody telling him. No, it wasn’t by voodoo, magic, ESP. or witchcraft. He’s a genius scholar, afterall. He’s steeped in Chinese culture, so much so that the Emperor's impressed with him and wants to keep him there. He's read this before. 

When he heard Lady Ahn’s story about the supposed liaison between the queen and the Prince Chuseong, and her request for the princess to stop the search for her mother, he was able to piece together, like a puzzle, the reason the queen was removed. The queen was going to cause the downfall of the nation because the King was so much in love with her. That accusation leveled against her nearly destroyed the country before. And though it is untrue, she chooses to remain dead to the world than to challenge her accusers, and endanger her loved ones. 

hahaha @flutterby06, he's such a little boy with those quirks. I'll watch them in a bit. My "cute aggression"  tendency comes out full force when I see cute things and people.

#googoo #gaagaa #squeeeze

Image result for cute aggression gif

(rats I couldn't find JW's drunken gif so I'm sticking this baby one instead. You can't see much difference anyway....)

Reference: (this is so I know what I wrote before... lol.)

On 7/8/2017 at 1:03 AM, lavender2love said:

Joo won's thread has more than 4 millions views....... I know some of them are have spoken so adoringly of him . Surely this is the best chance to show their support. It doesn't take much to come out and say ...... FIGHTING JO WON !!!!!!! We're here for you .!!!!

Don't ask..I'm very sad about this also..I joined soompi to mainly talk in Joo Won thread and MSG thread. People seldom comes in Joo Won thread now a days and I was worried that it will be same with MSG thread. I'm glad you all came here and made this so lively... THANK ALL YOU VERY MUCH.:heart:

@greenanne, you don't need to be sorry. I think I'd be same if I get to talk about him.. I made a close friend of mine see GD & TC,to turn her into a Joo Won fan( I knew that she and i share same tastes). Before she only saw a few KDrama and was gushing a lot about a particular Hallyu Star. I do like that star but I just couldn't take her craziness about him. But now all she talks is about JW.:lol: She later also watched BM and YP.

And I also think Joo Won is too honest for entertainment industry. The way he talks about himself honestly in interviews (Special mention Healing Camp, Win Win) can be scary. Though I want him to be a bit reserved, I can't help but love him more because he is so sincere and honest despite knowing the consequences very well.

May be we can talk about all this and more later in Joo Won Thread? Can we? @misappear , Would you like to join with us?

46 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Because I think it explains how GW found out about the “Maeng mo sam mang ji kyo” without anybody telling him. No, it wasn’t by voodoo, magic, ESP. or witchcraft. He’s a genius scholar, afterall. He’s steeped in Chinese culture, so much so that the Emperor's impressed with him and wants to keep him there. He's read this before. 

When he heard Lady Ahn’s story about the supposed liaison between the queen and the Prince Chuseong, and her request for the princess to stop the search for her mother, he was able to piece together, like a puzzle, the reason the queen was removed. The queen was going to cause the downfall of the nation because the King was so much in love with her. That accusation leveled against her nearly destroyed the country before. And though it is untrue, she chooses to remain dead to the world than to challenge her accusers, and endanger her loved ones. 

WoW... So Gyun Woo already has an idea what was going on then..

giphy.gif

While this gif is comical I'm really very much amazed at your explanation.. :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

(rats I couldn't find JW's drunken gif so I'm sticking this baby one instead. You can't see much difference anyway....)

Lol, they're same either way.. This is why kim Tae Hee wanted a son like him.

Oh Yeon Seo also said in that radio program (Cultwo Show) that before meeting him she heard of Joo Won has a lot of Aegyo but she didn't know it was this much!!

These are for you.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

@lavender2love, the gif you shared at page 66 are awesome. Where did you found those? I'm laughing at the one where Gyun Woo is running away from Princess.. :joy: Thanks for those.:love:

I wish I could make gif..!

12 hours ago, greenanne said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! So glad that JW's fans are so warm and thoughtful <3. You guys are like a small family. I am still figuring how Soompi Forum works (I haven't used forum since 2008) so bear with me. :)

Hi @lavender2love, thank you so much! I would never make an account on Soompi if it were not for Joo Won since I am normally very swamped with my studies and internships. I am also not a K-drama avid audience in general. I would watch K-drama occasionally to indulge in fantasies but I don't watch much television to be honest. And OMG, yes, my username is a reference to Anne of Green Gables! You are the first one who realizes that in my online life! I love the book and the 1985 version so much. Anne is my favorite literature character of all time. 

Wow @greenanne... !! We do share something in our love for Anne of Green Gables. In fact one of my bucket list would be to visit Avonlea in Prince Edward Island. All the best with your studies. You must be in your final years since you are doing internships. But please make some time for MSG .

I became a Joo Won's fan after Cantabile Tomorrow. I was actually a fan of the anime and I loved Shim Eun Kyung. But to my own detriment, I ended up feeling so connected with Joo Won's acting and personality. I asked myself, "Who is this guy? He is the perfect Chiaki. I can relate to him. I root for him." I remembered searching him up and was surprised to learn that he was born in 1987, which meant that he belonged to the generation of many Hallyu stars. But his list of dramas was so unique with many interesting choices. He also didn't seem to have an international fanbase with crazy followers swooning over his look. I was always expecting a template when it comes to Korean male actors, but Joo Won really stood out. I was so curious about who he was, so I continued exploring Good Doctor (my most favorite!), Gaksital, Ojakgyo Brothers, 1N2D, etc. I must admit that I was hesitated to determine if I should really go with my adoration for him, because I was skeptical of the entertainment industry. I always expected actors to frame themselves in certain way and answer interviews that may only appear genuine to keep their images. I thought that the agency would give them a script to remember and just answer questions accordingly as planned. I watched the episode in which Joo Won was crying when parting with his hyungs in 1N2D over and over again as I couldn't distinguish if he was being real (I cried so much but I was skeptical). But for Joo Won, after three years of following his journey and watching countless interviews, I can no longer doubt his honesty and sincerity. Furthermore, other actors say many consistently good things about him that really come together. 

I have been curious about where Joo Won's fans are too. I read the website joowoncutie.wordpress.com a lot (it was so well made by Soompi fans) and reached out to @mrdimples through email before. I also followed a couple of social media groups made by fans from different countries, especially the Instagram page by Joo Won's fans in Korea. Recently, I also read some Facebook posts by the admin of Joo Won's fanpage in France. 

You got me curious and I went snooping around Joowoncutie  and saw a video for which he won Daesang for Yong Pal and Kim Tae Hee for Top Excellence. Oh how I love the Awards Night and he was such a gentleman with KTH.

But why are they not updating it with this drama MSG, his latest and a significant one before he leaves for MS? Yes @mrdimples you are the owner of the dimples name in honour of dimple JW. Well , he has met his dimple soulmate and loves his future dimple BIL, the is soon to be king.

Even though I mostly avoid K-drama stardom, I really do take pride in being Joo Won's fan. Throughout the years, I read many blog posts, forums, Tweets, and articles and have noticed that for Joo Won's loyal fans are generally mature, thoughtful, reasonable and very kind. I was so often blown away my the amount of good writing poured into analyzing his acting skill or the amount of work going into preparing gifts for him. I also appreciate how Joo Won's fans like him beyond his look, going deeper to adore his acting and his personality. Yesterday, I actually just learned that Korean fans made him a mural as well as a forest where they grew trees by themselves (I am so slow). That's so thoughtful and very Joo Won! When you have fans like that, I think you must exude a certain kind of goodness and kindess.

My biggest regret is that I didn't have a chance to watch Joo Won's V-live. It seems like he shares so many things. I saw a screenshot of him sleeping in his room recently and I was like, "Oh my god can someone please tell me the context?" I also don't understand Korean and miss out on a lot of information about him, I think. :angry:

As for My Sassy Girl, I know that the reviews have been mixed and I am just going to offer my two cents here. Please feel free to disagree since this is all subjective. I am also going to not discuss about his project choice because it is such a complicated matter with too many factors involved ($, contract, agency, joint production, schedule) and one choice alone doesn't reflect an actor's talent or values or wit. 

I needed a paragraph break here ( soompi rule ) so I just post a pic where he is in ecstasy over his lover's persimmons.

DD9ru7sXYAAivFj.jpg

First, I totally appreciate his character. You are so right. +1 for a male character that is not acting cool, cold, aggressive, obsessive, or unnaturally cute. I don't like how K-dramas often write male characters like that. Even Joo Won points this out in an interview, saying that he realizes female audiences often like male characters written in that way (I love him so much for saying that he is not like that in real life at all). While it seems like most heroes' roles in romance are similar, Guyn Woo is very different on his own. He is cautious, filial, loving, reserved, respectful and reasonable. I would assume that because of these traits, his character appears uninteresting. Young, immature audiences generally would swoon over a male figure who is more rebellious, blunt, and flirty (anyone dislikes Kim Tan in The Heirs as much as I did?). I would even admit that I didn't totally love his character in Ojakgyo Brothers either, because while that character has his own scars and stories, I didn't like how typically violent and obsessive he was before he started dating our heroine. As for whether his talent is underused in this show, I honestly thought a lot about this. By the way, it is so fun to see many people discuss about his acting (no matter whether they think it is good or bad), because a) that means his acting is the main part of Joo Won that draws people in B) he is always so consistently good and impressive that people have really high expectation. Now, I admitted that I wish GW's character could be more complex and challenging, so I could see a little bit of Yong Pal, Lee Kang To, Shi Won, Cha Yoo Jin again, but I can't find any of those characters in Guyn Woo. Guyn Woo is definitely Guyn Woo, as Joo Won made it so. However, a less complex character doesn't mean mediocre acting. In fact, an one-dimensional character actually requires more skills from an actor to make it interesting and evoke feelings from viewers. I find it lucky that I could see Joo Won in this role, because I get to discover another side of his acting, even when I thought he has tried all the roles possible. His portrayal of GW has been consistent (which shows thoughtful planning from his end) and I would even argue, risky. We have known Joo Won to be very expressive, but he toned down his facial expressions and acted mostly with his eyes. I think that says a lot, because he risks being misunderstood by mainstream viewers who may not connect with the type of acting that requires some level of perceptiveness (I am so borderline biased here), in order to go beyond his own ability and fully deliver the role as how he interpreted it. In fact, some viewers dislike his acting in previous roles but really love him here because of how he didn't go crazy with his face expressions but still delivered the full emotions of the character.

Thank you for the insight into the actor JW , his personality and his characterisation of GW. You write with passion. Makes me appreciate such a talented and dedicated actor. 

Secondly, I would be honest that I don't feel too excited about the script. Because this is a pre-produced show, I did have higher expectation. I think the actors, PD, and other staff members woking on the technical end did a great job shooting scenes that actually mean something (especially scenes of the princess standing under the tree or reading her father's letter while GW closed the door). But the script! As a Joo Won's fan, I want the story so bad to be better. The story is the bone of a show. It makes us root for characters and tune in each week to see where things will go. It makes us cry, laugh, and feel emotionally invested. Tomorrow Cantabile hit me, because it was such a poignant story about friendship, the process of overcoming yourself, and learning how to love others (which I personally learn from). Good Doctor made me cry every single episode, because I learn about human values that we should all strive for one episode after another. Gaksital destroyed me because of how wars ruined their boyhood, innocence, friendship. So this is totally a taste thing, but for me, the storyline of MSG doesn't hit. I also didn't watch the movie before, so I couldn't like the story by seeing it through the lens of providing premise to the movie. I wish the writer created more conflicts from the beginning of the show. There are so much potentials that were not fully explored in the story, such as the relationship between the Princess and the Queen (I would love to see more of her traumatized childhood), the relationship between the small Princess and small Guyn Woo (why couldn't they push it to earlier episodes?), the relationship between the Princess and the small Prince (I want it to go deeper than cute), the relationship between  Guyn Woo and his parents (it is so barely touched). However, I sometimes also think that the pace may be strategic. Maybe they want to have later episodes with more angst to raise ratings? I honestly like shows that are planned out like that more than shows with really amazing first half (Cheese in the Trap) and terrible second half. 

@packmule3 and @fourleafclover pointed out the creativity of the writer who took a tale from the movie but injected it with modernity etc.. There were many things they pointed out . They were good reads regarding the story line and its parallelism to the original.I'm not good at summarizing .

I also feel curious about the rating. As much as I want the rating to lead the race, I must admit that I would not be surprised if MSG's rating becomes the third runner, or worse, the rating may drop to Cantabile Tomorrow's level. But the rating has been consistently in the range of 8-11%. That's pretty good, compared to the strange case of 7 Day Queen (seriously that show is so good and the rating is just incomprehensible). I don't think it has much to do with the star power's appeal (look at Saimdang), so it must be the story and the acting? 

Screw it, I want the next four episodes to be so good that the rating shoots through the sky lol. 

Ooops...  balked out the highlighted part. But I so agree with you.

Wow I have talked a lot. Sorry, I just feel like I have audience for the first time. Maybe this should be a post for Joo Won's thread rather than My Sassy Girl lol.

If you guys are reading through my nonsense, thank you so much. Let me know what you think!

It's good. !!!

200.gif#16-grid1

8 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

You got me curious and I went snooping around Joowoncutie  and saw a video for which he won Daesang for Yong Pal and Kim Tae Hee for Top Excellence. Oh how I love the Awards Night and he was such a gentleman with KTH.

But why are they not updating it with this drama MSG, his latest and a significant one before he leaves for MS? Yes @mrdimples you are the owner of the dimples name in honour of dimple JW. Well , he has met his dimple soulmate and loves his future dimple BIL, the is soon to be king.

@greenanne and @lavender2love, I forget to talk about JOOWON CUTIES!

I was so glad when I found that website. They subtitled so many videos of him.. But now they are inactive. I wish I knew that site when they were active. I appreciate how much they did for Joo Won fans by uploading and subbing his videos. later I got to know that Joo Won Cuties are from Soompi.

I was about to response to @misappear when I saw the sleeping beauties below. Before I lose the pictures I pasted them quickly.

Anyway misappear regarding you post below just wanna say ...

200.gif#1-grid1

I also think GW's father is carrying a huge burden . Just waiting for it to unfold.

JOSEON'S COUPLE SLEEP.

tumblr_oqw00yduVp1s8t96qo5_250.png

DC0o6d6U0AAK6im.jpg

tumblr_oqw00yduVp1s8t96qo4_250.png

credit : dreaming snowflake2013

@flutterby06 quoted :

Don't ask..I'm very sad about this also..I joined soompi to mainly talk in Joo Won thread and MSG thread. People seldom comes in Joo Won thread now a days and I was worried that it will be same with MSG thread. I'm glad you all came here and made this so lively... THANK ALL YOU VERY MUCH.:heart:

This thread is special and unique. We have such a bunch of talented wrriters.

Flutterby06...... imagine the videos you posted of Joo Won has 458,739 and counting. I remember there's a fan called Hana who actually flew to Korea to watch the live making of the Yong Pal where she gave first hand account . She was such a regular that she was on recognised by JW' s manager. I wish all these fans are here to support.

I'm glad @Ma OO and @sagaseed are here...... < waves >

I’ve been holding back from doing this because I don’t like dream analyses. There’s too much ambiguity in dream sequences that it’s difficult to get an accurate read of it. But in this romcom, I have no choice. 

Why does he dream? 

The widespread opinion is that he has unresolved issues stemming from when he was a child who stumbled upon a slaughter scene in a forest in Juedo. In effect, his dreams are flashbacks. Through his dreams, he’s beginning to remember what he has unconsciously repressed. It’s then presumed that he met the young Princess when they were young because the young Princess also appeared in his dream. 

I don’t think this is correct. Not entirely. 

Let’s go over the dreams, shall we? The dreams began in Episode 8. What I’ll do is I’ll give you a summary of events prior to the dream, then the dream itself.  The dreams began in Episode 8. 

Spoiler

Episode 8
It was a busy day for them. They returned to palace after their unsuccessful mission to rescue MYH from death. GW wanted her to reveal everything to the king but she was adamant that no one be told after they’ve found out the facts of her mom’s removal from the palace. She had a letter from MYH saying the Minister was the culprit. When the king asked GW to explain their actions, GW followed HM’s request to remain silent; he was fired. That night, he mulled over his dismissal and HM’s desire for secrecy. Suspecting HM to try to get to the bottom of things on her own, he intercepted her at the Archives. They came out empty-handed but was stopped by the dowager Queen. HM founds out that he lied about his dismissal from his job. GW again requested her to tell the King, and HM ordered him then to stay out of it and as her affairs no longer concerned him. (phew!) HM ordered Byul to locate palace servants and we see GW lying in bed unable to sleep. Next scene, the dream.

Dream: the dreamer is walking in a forest. He/she sidesteps a dead body with a weapon beside it. Then we see a feminine hand (not a child’s) grabbing or holding back a body wearing white. This image is repeated three time. Then we see a face of a young girl shaking her head. 

Episode 9
The QP arrived to court HM. The three spent a whole day at the market and ended the night at the chicken place. HM got drunk and the QP gave her a piggyback. When GW offered to do it instead, the King dismissed him firmly saying, “She is to become my woman. I cannot leave her to another man.” And that stopped him dead in his tracks. Later in his room, he replayed that scene again and said the word out loud, “My…woman.” He sighed. Next scene, the dream.

Dream: the dreamer is in the forest again. We see a boy walking past a dead body towards the black palanquin surrounded by more bodies. Corpses are strewn all over the road and woods. We see the palanquin from three different angles. 

Episode 10 
Preparation for the banquet was in full swing but the members of royal family are tense and gloomy because of HM’s impending departure. GW mulled over conflicting reports re the invitation to the QP. He took a second look at the hairpiece meant for HM. Next scene, the dream.

Dream: the dreamer in the forest again. Finally we hear the voice in the dream. The young girl is pleading, “Don’t go. Don’t go.” He’s awakened by sister and mom. The sister suggests exorcism. And the mom panics. She later informs dad that GW was having dreams again. 

Episode 11
Treason was uncovered; the QP returned to China. GW reinstated as the tutor and HM declared that she adored him. The Minister and his daughter are furious, for different reasons, at GW’s intervention in the Princess’ marriage. GW’s dad advised him to retire to their Jeonju province for a while, and GW’s mom wanted him gone from the palace and the princess’ company. Before going to bed, he withdrew HM’s sketch hidden in a book and gazes at it. Next scene, the dream. 

Dream: the dreamer is the forest again. There are bodies everywhere. It’s clearly visible that an ambush occurred on the road. We see the hand grabbing the white garment again. The hand seems to belong to somebody who’s squatting down. Then we see the face of a girl shaking her head while saying “Don’t go. Don’t go.” Which is followed by the face of a sleeping Princess murmuring the same words, “Don’t go. Please.” Then a smiling face of the Princess (her face as she told him “I adore you”) appears. 

Episode 12
Another hectic day for GW. He went to see Lady Ahn and heard for the first time about the affair of the deposed Queen Park and Prince Chunseong. He decided to lie to HM, and keep her in the dark, until he’s determined whether the allegation was true. HM decided to go to the temple herself. He chased after her. Lady Ahn already vacated the place. The Princess accused him of not standing by her side. 

Dream: He’s walking a dark empty thoroughfare outside the palace gates. He approaches the wooden community board where a gleaming white paper is posted. Words mysteriously appear as a child’s voice read aloud “Maeng mo sam mang ji kyo.” Startled he turns to see a young child in white, frowning angrily at him.) 

He wakes up and he repeats the words “Maeng mo sam mang ji kyo” or the Blind queen/king leads to the downfall. (hehehe. I explained Maeng Mo earlier).  He reassures his mom not to worry and he goes off to work that day as the young Prince’s tutor. 

My explanation.

I believe that the flashbacks in his dreams are only secondary in importance. --Or perhaps even irrelevant, I dunno. will see. :)

His dreams are actually meant as a defensive mechanism to an encountered threat in his real life. In his dreams, his brain recalls a specific threat or danger that he recently experienced. Then his brain selects or pinpoints a coping mechanism. This coping mechanism comes in various forms (mostly from an image of HM) but its purpose is to recognize the threat and make sense of it.  

This protective act of his brain at rest is in a way an extension of his protective act for the Princess when he’s awake. Even in his dreams, he tries to SOLVE things for HM, not dwell on flashbacks of his youth -- as his mother worries about.   

If you notice his dreamscape (except for the last one, and I’ll explain why), his dreams are always set in the same forest with the same scene repeating over and over again. We don’t see other details -- either before or after the dreamer approaches the ambush scene -- because the details aren’t relevant to the dreamer. What varies however in his dreamscape is the presence of the young girl, and what she does. 

Take for instance Episode 8. The interesting thing here in this dream is that there was only one body, and he sidestepped it. This resembled what happened at the murder scene of the tutor MYH. They both saw the body, but he spun HM around so she didn’t need to stare at it. They didn’t approach the corpse. The murdered tutor brought home to him that HM was in real, not imaginary, danger. The feminine hand that seemed to grab at, or hold back a person in white, belonged to HM (remember I told you about the sleeves). Why? In real life, HM tried to restrain him from telling the King of their trouble. Twice he had suggested to her confess to the King, and twice she held him him. She even refused to confide to the dowager Queen.

That was why the young girl in her dream was shaking her head no. That was HM urging him to keep things in confidence despite his great misgivings...and he gave in to her demands. 

The dream Episode 9 is special because it happened after a day being a third wheel with the QP and HM. That night, before going to bed, he pondered over the word “my…woman.” His anxiety the whole day that the QP was taking “his woman” away from him and back to China emerged in his dream. The dream showed a traveling road full of dead bodies and focused on a covered palanquin where once a woman “somebody’s woman” had been ensconced.  

The absence of the young girl in his dream was telling, too. You see, HM was “gone” from him that whole day.   

Episode 10 is interesting because this is the first time we hear the voice of the young girl calling out “Don’t go, don’t go.” Earlier that evening, GW had been racking his brains on how to save HM from being sent away against her will. Even in his dreams the urgency of the situation was apparent. He desperately needed to find a way to stay with the young girl -- or HM. And that was why in his dream, the girl was insistent.  

Episode 11. I think in this dream, he finally realized who he was dreaming about the whole time when the face of the young girl transformed from the sleeping HM to the smiling HM. The reason he was still hearing “Don’t go”  -- although in real life he and HM were spending time together -- was because prior to bedtime, he had that serious conversation with his dad about quitting his job. He didn’t need convincing to reject his dad’s advice, of course. But in his sleep, he was replaying his only reason for staying: the adoring face of HM. bouquet smiley

Last for now, Episode 12. I think the reason the FOREST dreamscape was no longer featured in his dream because he finally figured out that his dreams weren’t a source of anxiety or confusion -- like he was some lost kid in a scary forest. :)

I think he realized that his dreams appeared scary only because his brain was working through complicated and unsettling thoughts, like in a wilderness. 

But his dreams could also achieve an emotional harmony (like when it showed the face of HM) … or point to answers.  When the young girl popped up in his dream, he recognized the words Maeng mo sam mang ji kyo (or supercalifragilistic, they’re the same to me) as something important to remember. This time, he didn’t question his dream; he accepted it. 

That was why his dream looked natural and took place in his natural setting and in the present time. He wasn't transferred to a wooded area in the past. 

That was why he could reassure his mom that he was fine. He really was fine. 

And that was why he could tease the Princess to take responsibility for his lack of sleep because she was always popping up in his dreams. Lol. He figured it out. He was seeing her all along in his dreams. He understood how his dreams operated. 

One funny thing: The scowling face of the young girl actually clued me in. When she frowned at GW, she frowned in the exact way HM did when she was angry at. 

So, to recap. What’s my point here?

It’s simple really. his nightmares don’t have to be viewed as “flashbacks” of a traumatic childhood. Sure, he might have witnessed the massacre site when he was young, but for right now, his past plays no significant role or impact in the way he deals with the present. As a matter of fact, the chief importance of his nightmares is to explain or make sense of his present-day challenges in a manner that can help him face future dangers and threats with HM.

Again, my two cents. :)

I am so excited for the new episodes next week! WHOA I CAN'T WAIT.

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

@greenanne, you don't need to be sorry. I think I'd be same if I get to talk about him.. I made a close friend of mine see GD & TC,to turn her into a Joo Won fan( I knew that she and i share same tastes). Before she only saw a few KDrama and was gushing a lot about a particular Hallyu Star. I do like that star but I just couldn't take her craziness about him. But now all she talks is about JW.:lol: She later also watched BM and YP.

And I also think Joo Won is too honest for entertainment industry. The way he talks about himself honestly in interviews (Special mention Healing Camp, Win Win) can be scary. Though I want him to be a bit reserved, I can't help but love him more because he is so sincere and honest despite knowing the consequences very well.

May be we can talk about all this and more later in Joo Won Thread? Can we? @misappear , Would you like to join with us?

@flutterybyYes let's go to Joo Won thread later when MSG ends and continue talking! I think that thread becomes a little inactive now? <3 Thank you so much! LOL I talked to my close friends nonstop about him and I haven't turned any into his fans yet T_T.

4 hours ago, lavender2love said:

Wow @greenanne... !! We do share something in our love for Anne of Green Gables. In fact one of my bucket list would be to visit Avonlea in Prince Edward Island. All the best with your studies. You must be in your final years since you are doing internships. But please make some time for MSG .

Thank you for the insight into the actor JW , his personality and his characterisation of GW. You write with passion. Makes me appreciate such a talented and dedicated actor. 

Thank you so much for reading @lavender2love! Me too! I want to visit Prince Edward Island but it is so expensive :O. Wow we like common things :) I love it! And yes I am entering my last year of school next year so things are stressful. But I make time for MSG so keep me sane <3. It is so strange because whenever I feel stressed, I think of Joo Won and how hardworking he was (filming day over night), so I get inspired to pull through.  He was so emotional when he won Daesang for Yong-Pal. I cried a little too when he talked. So sad that he won't be here this year. I doubt they will give him any award to for MSG since he is in the army. As for JooWoncutie, I think the main one working on it, beside @mrdimples were @rionae too. Maybe life gets in so they are busy.    And thank you so much for reading my writing!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate it!

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

@greenanne and @lavender2love, I forget to talk about JOOWON CUTIES!

I was so glad when I found that website. They subtitled so many videos of him.. But now they are inactive. I wish I knew that site when they were active. I appreciate how much they did for Joo Won fans by uploading and subbing his videos. later I got to know that Joo Won Cuties are from Soompi.

@flutterby06: same here! They did very thorough work and it is a good record of his career until 2015. Maybe things are getting very busy for them. But they may come back soon!!

13 hours ago, staygold said:

Did you read that @packmule3? No wonder we liked him! B) Thank you @greenanne for writing about JW. I am sure your post has put JW's other dramas on many people's list.

Jokes apart I feel he is someone who doesn't need to hide behind style, mannerisms and gimmicks to act. Whatever substantial the script has given him and OYS they have added to it and done very well.

Thank you for reading @staygold! And I totally agree with you that he doesn't need to hide behind style to act. <3

17 hours ago, haymochi said:

@greenanne you wrote an insightful post there :lol:

hmm yeah regarding the rating. Remember that one ep of this drama did hit the 1st spot??? Haha.... i'm kinda worried that it might be on the 3rd spot from next week since both its competitors are ending. I guess we just have to enjoy the show while we can...

Just from my personal opinion, JooWon is a very passionate actor. I know from the drama choices he picked like Gaksital, etc.  He is one of top among his peers.. and i would have expected him to be among Kim Soo Hyun, Song Jong Ki, Lee Jong Suk , etc. i think he tried to appeal to different audiences which is good.. where people can fangirl over him. As for Cantabile, i know he is good but since i watched the original, i can't really get into it. This is why it's good that he chose different genres for his projectsZ each of them appeal to different audiences.

Thank you for reading @haymochi!  I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN IT HIT THE 1st SPOT OMG. I know ratings are just numbers but you have no idea how disappointed I was to see the ratings not going up these recent weeks :(. Hopefully the ratings will pick up when it's ending. 

Totally agree that he is such a passionate actor. And now you mention it, I realize he has very diverse audience, from teenagers to male audience to ajhumma. 

Archived