[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

CELEBRITY, FASHION, MAGAZINESEPTEMBER 10, 2016

OH YEON SEO COVERS SEPTEMBER CÉCI CHINA

OSYCeCi092016-4.jpg

Oh Yen Seo is going to be crazy busy in 2017, having landed the role of Seol in the movie version of "Cheese In The Trap" as well as the role of Princess Hyemyung for the Joseon Dynasty version of "My Sassy Girl", starring opposite of Joo Won. She also graces the cover for the September issue of CeCi China, looking gorgeous. Check it out.

OSYCeCi092016-2.jpg

OSYCeCi092016-3.jpg

• Like 3

Oh Yeon Seo Incheon Airport Fashion

September 11, 2016

2016-09-08-oh-yeon-seo-airport-fashion-01

On September 7, actress Oh Yeon Seo was seen at Incheon airport heading to New York to attend the Tommy Hilfiger fashion show. For her airport fashion, she wore clothes and accessories from the brand: a black Tommy Hilfiger “Tommy Heart” sweater (€179.00) paired with jeans and a pair of boat shoes. She accessorized her look with sunglasses and a Tommy Hilfiger varsity clutch. Oh Yeon Seo is currently filming the drama "My Sassy Girl" Joseon, co-starring Joo Won. 

• Like 3

iTechPost

'My Sassy Girl' Drama News And Release Date: Remake To Be A Historical Series; Casts Done With Script Reading

First Posted: Sep 19, 2016 05:10 AM EDT
Joo Won, Oh Yeon Seo, Jungshin, and more attend first 'My Sassy Girl' drama script reading.<br /> <br />
Joo Won, Oh Yeon Seo, Jungshin, and more attend first 'My Sassy Girl' drama script reading.

(Artists news KFK/YouTube Screenshot)

"My Sassy Girl" transported to Joseon era? Fans are going to see "The Girl" again but now in hanbok and historical setting. SBS is creating "My Sassy Girl" drama inspired by the movie of the same title which stars Joo Won Oh Yeon Seo and CN BLUE's Lee Jung Shin. 

Casts and Characters

"My Sassy Girl" will deal about the romance between a playful royal, Princess Hyemyung (Oh Yeon Seo) who is notorious for causing trouble and a cold hearted man named Gyun Woo (Joo Woon)

The series is expected to be Joo Woon's last project before his mandatory military service. Joo Woon was first known as Kim Tak Gu's brother in "The Baker King." He then starred in historical revolutionary drama about Japanese occupation in Korea titled "Bridal Mask" and recently in medical drama "Yong Pal."

The production made an audition for  the female role which has initially chosen Kim Jo Hyun but the actress stepped down from the role and Oh Yeon Seo was casted instead, Soompi reported.

Other characters include CN BLUE's Lee Jung Shin who will play a handsome and generous young man living in the palace and Kim Yoon Hye who will play the villain Jung Da Yeon. The first script reading was reported to be done last August 27 and the drama will premiere next year.

The series is based on the story of Cha Tae Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun's romantic comedy film "My Sassy Girl" released in 2001 and considered the highest grossing Korean comedy of all time.

The film had various remakes before the Korean Drama. An American remake was released in 2008 starring Jesse Bradford and Elisha Cuthbert, directed by Yann Samuell. A Japanese drama adaptation premiered in April 2008 with stars Tsuyoshi Kusanagi and Rena Tanaka and a movie sequel, "My New Sassy Girl," starring Cha Tae Hyun and f(x)'s Victoria was co-produced by China and Korea and was initially released China on April 22, 2016 and in South Korea on May 12, 2016.

• Like 5

Lee Shi-un joins My Sassy Girl as Joo-won’s pal

by girlfriday | September 21, 2016

LeeShiUn1.jpg

Aw, our geeky fanboy Su-bongie is moving on to a new life, maybe with a new job that doesn’t involve heart attacks and faceless bosses. Funny character actor Lee Shi-un, who just wrapped a memorable stint as a manhwa artist on fantasy drama W–Two Worlds, is the latest to join the cast of My Sassy Girl, the youth sageuk romance starring Joo-won(Yong-pal) and Oh Yeon-seo (Come Back, Ajusshi).

continue reading at Dramabeans http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/lee-shi-un-joins-my-sassy-girl-as-joo-wons-pal/

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the updates and pics chingus!

I suddenly want to watch Baker King again. Such a good actor!   I wanna see Joo Won in another modern drama but nothing like  Yong Pal..

And while we wait for My Sassy Girl... lets stare <3<3<3

CzeBQBkXgAALMw2.jpg

CzeBQBjWIAAmDcJ.jpg

CzeUlWQUAAAsw4R.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Joo Won Talks About “My Sassy Girl” The Drama Versus The Original Movie

Joo Won

During a V Live broadcast with his agency colleagues on December 22, Joo Won revealed a little bit more about his upcoming drama, SBS’s “My Sassy Girl.”

Derived and inspired by the original 2001 film of the same name, the new production will instead be a fusion historical drama unlike the movie.

“These days, I’m mainly filming. I will most likely spend the end of this year and beginning of the next like this as well,” Joo Won commented.

He explained how the drama is focused on the love story between a bizarre princess (played by Oh Yeon Seo) and a scholar. Joo Won added, “It’s a completely different story from the original. You’ll know when you watch it.”

“My Sassy Girl” is confirmed to be the actor’s last drama before he enlists as an active duty soldier. It will be 100 percent pre-produced, and is reportedly planning on airing in Korea, Japan, and China simultaneously.

Are you looking forward to watching the drama when it premieres sometime early 2017?

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/22/joo-won-talks-sassy-girl-drama-versus-original-movie/

Posting this from dramabeans bcs it hasn't been shared yet.

Sassy princess meets smartypants scholar in SBS's My Sassy Girl

by girlfriday | December 11, 2016 | 57 Comments

Spoiler

Sassy1.jpg

Here’s our first peek at SBS’s remake of My Sassy Girl, the youth fusion sageuk twist on the 2001 romantic-comedy classic. The drama remake stars Joo-won (Yong-pal) and Oh Yeon-seo (Come Back, Ajusshi) as a cold city scholar and a sassy princess in a Joseon-era version of the love story, and as expected, they look beautiful together in the stills.

The fully pre-produced drama comes from PD Oh Jin-seok (Yong-pal) and newbie writer Yoon Hyo-je, and is described as a light, cheerful fusion sageuk about youths and their love and ambition. Unlike the original My Sassy Girl where Cha Tae-hyun played a beta male who did anything he could to win over sassy girl Jeon Ji-hyun, Joo-won’s character is more of a classic dramaland hero, described as a prickly city scholar who holds himself in high regard. He’s so brilliant that people call him “Joseon’s national treasure” (which probably has a lot to do with his big ego).

read full article on: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/sassy-princess-meets-smartypants-scholar-in-sbss-my-sassy-girl/

• Like 4

Drama Remake Of “My Sassy Girl” Finalizes Broadcast Schedule

Sassy Girl Joo Won Oh Yeon Seo2

The drama remake of “My Sassy Girl” starring Joo Won and Oh Yeon Seo has finally revealed when it will premiere!

According to a source from the drama on December 27, “My Sassy Girl” has been confirmed to air in May of 2017 as SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama.

Sassy Girl Joo Won Oh Yeon Seo

Dramas that will air before the start of “My Sassy Girl” include “The Accused” (working title) — which will air after “Romantic Doctor Kim” — in January, and “Whisper” (working title) in March.

“My Sassy Girl” is a love story set in the Joseon Dynasty unlike the original film. Joo Won plays the character Kyeon Woo, who has a unique brain and rough personality. Meanwhile, Oh Yeon Seo plays Hye Myung, who travels on the daily. The cast and crew have already started filming since this is a pre-produced drama.

Are you looking forward to this drama?

Source (1)(2)

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/27/drama-remake-sassy-girl-finalizes-broadcast-schedule/

• Like 6

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀 | FINALE WEEK! Mon-Tue 10 PM KST