[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

1 hour ago, sera43 said:

Auditions for the SBS youth sageuk remake of My Sassy Girl are going strong, with the field now narrowed down to 89 candidates who made it past the first round of the open casting call. Initially there were over 1,800 hopefuls in contention for the starring role opposite leading man Joo-won (Yong-pal). The second round of auditions will be broadcast online via Naver TVcast like a survival audition contest, and Joo-won will be participating in the selection process directly. Well, I guess if you’re going to bother with the massive open call, then you may as well drum up some promotional buzz this way. Let’s just hope the effort pays off in a great leading actress sassypants. The drama is set to air in early 2017 on SBS. [My Daily]

Finally some news <3

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joo Won Talks Female Casting For “My Sassy Girl” Drama While At Open Auditions

joo-won.jpg

Actor Joo Won, who is set to star in SBS’s television remake of “My Sassy Girl,” joins the panel of judges in selecting who among the candidates in the large-scale open auditions will be the drama’s female lead.

On May 29, the actor holds a live broadcast on V app where he says, “I’m a judge for the ‘My Sassy Girl’ auditions. This reminds me of the times I auditioned for my past plays, dramas, and movies.”

He continues, “There are many judges. We are assessing the candidates from various perspectives and we will choose someone you will all like. I am also waiting for someone I will like.”

The actor shares, “We are taking the auditions very seriously. There may already be many existing actresses, but the ‘My Sassy Girl’ casting project has the purpose of giving opportunities to unknown yet good actresses, including rookies who have yet to land breakthrough roles. I agreed that it was a good cause, and the auditions were opened.”

Joo Won discloses that many people participated in the casting so he was able to enjoy being a judge. He continues, “Around 10 candidates will be chosen and you will be able to vote through Naver.”

Having been hard at work for the “My Sassy Girl” casting project, the actor is visibly tired during the live broadcast.

He explains, “I used to leisurely watch audition programs on television, but now I’m studying them seriously since it’s become my job to help select my partner. I’m investing a lot of time into it.”

Meanwhile, “My Sassy Girl” will be a pre-produced drama which will air in Korea, Japan, and China simultaneously in early 2017.

Source: Soompi

Joo Won!  The acting. the actor. 'nuff said! :wub:

-----------

Top 10 finalists for lead female role in SBS drama “My Sassy Girl” w Joo Won (cr: asianwiki)

CjxY6t7VAAEkO1r.jpg

Uhm.. how about Kim So Eun? ( haven't seen her in drama in a while) or Kim Ji Won? Baek Jin Hee?..or that funny beautiful girl "Gong Shim"? -- yeah the actress from that drama :D

Just thinking of familiar names I know. :D

So who do we prefer?  Girl should be sassy, spunky, spritely and funny and could act!

Oh Joo Won. But this drama is Saeguk  Sassy Girl.  Would have preferred  remake in present time version.  I drop YP after two episodes despite the Joo Won as lead. . LoL.. But I wanna see him act again before MS so... hope this one  delivers.

Top 10 finalists for lead female role in SBS drama series “My Sassy Girl”

My_Sassy_Girl_Korean_Drama-T10.jpg

Top 10 finalists has been announced for the lead female role in upcoming SBS drama series “My Sassy Girl” starring Joo Won. The top 10 candidates were selected from a group of 89 candidates that in a second round of auditions that took place from May 29-30, 2016. Joo Won and director Oh Jin-Seok attended the auditions.

The 10 finalists are Kim Yoo-Ji, Kim Joo-Hyun, Park Se-Wan, Park Eun-Ji, Park Ji-Hyun, Bae Min-Jung, Vivian, Ji Su (‘Tahiti’), Jung In-Sun and Han Ji-Eun.

A final round of voting to select the lead actress from one of these 10 finalists will take place.

Source

I really hope that Jung Insun will get the role. She has 20 years of acting experience. She has been acting from back in 1996. Also she showed her amazing acting skills as a cameo appearance on Ep. 1 of 'Mirror Of The Witch' by slaying her role 'Haeran', a shaman girl. Also she is in Top 10 finalists which means she is amazing enough to stand out :wub:

Fighting Insun Unnie :D

Top 10 finalists for Joo Won's leading lady in 'My Sassy Girl' drama version

Spoiler
1.jpg
Kim Yoon Ji
(former Miss Korea contestant) 

2.jpg
Kim Joo Hyun

3.jpg
Han Se Wan
(starred in independent and short films)

4.jpg
Park Eun Ji

5.jpg
Park Ji Hyun

6.jpg
Bae Min Jung
(worked with Joo Won in Naeil's Cantabile)

7.jpg
Vivian
(SNSD Yuri's model cousin)

8.jpg
Shin Ji Soo
(member of girl group Tahiti)

9.jpg
Jung In Sun
(former child actress. Known works include Sampoong Clinic, Memories of Murder, Han Gong Ju and Mirror of the Witch) 

10.jpg
Han Ji Eun 
(Landed the lead role in movie 'Real' with a competition rate of 4,200:1)

Daum Cafe: 10 candidates for drama 'My Sassy Girl' female lead

-They're all pretty

-Long time no see Jung In Sunㅠㅠㅠ

-None of them fits the role

-I hope it's judged through acting skills

-They should just leave the original alone. I want 'My Sassy Girl' to remain a movie

-Cheering for Jung in Sun!!!!

-Bae Min Jung seems like a good fit

-In Sun-ah ㅠㅠㅠ I've been watching you since you were a kid

-I want Jung In Sun to be chosen. Her acting is amazing

-Park Eun Ji was in 'Ulzzang Generation' as Goo Hara's lookalike

-Jung In Sun in 'Mirror of the Witch' is outstanding. That's the only drama I've seen her in recent years. Her parts were short but she's a total scene stealer

-Please pick In Sun

-Either Vivian or Jung In Sun

-This is a sageuk?

Cr: kkuljaem

• 2 weeks later...

Female lead candidates for 'My Sassy Girl' sageuk version narrowed down to 3

jm1.jpg

Spoiler

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-06-16%2Bat%2B11.33.

tv Report - Naver: 'My Sassy Girl', Kim Joo Hyun vs Han Ji Eun vs Jung In Sun, selected as top 3 finalists

1. [+811, -72] Jung In Sun fighting!!!

2. [+650, -60] A vote for Jung In Sun, she gave me chills in 'Mirror of the Witch' ♡

3. [+446, -31] There's already a winner

4. [+189, -20] Just how amazing is this drama that they're letting the whole nation to choose the female leadㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+226, -45] I don't care ㄷㄷ

6. [+50, -6] The last one was in episode 1 of Mirror of the Witch, right?

7. [+41, -6] I hope My Sassy Girl will never be remade again... nothing will ever come close to the original ㅠㅠ

8. [+33, -4] Another 'My Sassy Girl' is impossible without Jeon Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun

Source: kkuljaem

My Sassy Girl official V-APP-channel: www.vlive.tv/channels/F1B1AF

You can watch here videos of the audition etc.

The search for Joo-won's Sassy Girl gets down to final 3

by tineybeanie | June 17, 2016 | 35 Comments

SassyGirlTop3.jpg
Kim Joo-hyun, Han Ji-eun, Jung In-seon

And the search for Sassy Girl 3.0 continues. We’re down to three leading lady hopefuls: Kim Joo-hyun (Modern Farmer), Han Ji-eun (Miss Granny), and Jung In-seon (Mirror of the Witch). My Sassy Girl is an upcoming sageuk youth drama starring Joo-won (Yong-pal). It’s based on a rom-com film by the same name that catapulted Cha Tae-hyun and Jeon Ji-Hyun into stardom. Cha Tae-hyun played an awkward geeky timid college boy Gyun-woo, who one day comes across this charismatic girl with a powerful personality and falls in love. For the drama remake, they’re putting a twist on things by changing the setting to the Joseon period.

Maybe that’s the reason why, but as more news of this drama pops up, it feels more like Sungkyunkwan Scandal, and not like My Sassy Girl. While Cha Tae-hyun was the epitome of a beta male who was led by the strong-willed, impulsive, hotheaded Sassy Girl, descriptions of the drama adaptation make Joo-won’s character seem more like a straight-laced cold fish rather than the hapless, bumbling Gyun-woo that I remember from the original movie.

read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/06/the-search-for-joo-wons-sassy-girl-gets-down-to-final-3/

Female lead for drama remake of 'My Sassy Girl' with Joo Won finally chosen!

joo-won_1466745521_af_org.jpg

After numerous rounds of votes from viewers over the past month, SBS's historical drama remake of 'My Sassy Girl' has finally chosen a female lead!

The drama's top 10 contenders competed in several mission rounds to earn the final role opposite actor Joo Won in the upcoming historical romance. The ultimate winner, whose beauty and acting skills captured the hearts of the judges and who also earned 2nd place during domestic netizen votes, 1st place through Naver 'V' app votes, as well as 1st place in votes from Chinese viewers, is rookie actress Kim Joo Hyun

The staff of 'My Sassy Girl' thanked both Joo Won and Kim Joo Hyun for all their hard work throughout the long audition process. The two will officially begin filming in July, with the completed drama aiming to air in 2017. 

Get to know Kim Joo Hyun below, as you wait for historical drama 'My Sassy Girl'!

joo-won_1466745605_1.jpg

Spoiler

joo-won_1466745606_2.jpg

joo-won_1466745607_3.jpg

joo-won_1466745608_4.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/06/female-lead-for-drama-remake-of-my-sassy-girl-with-joo-won-finally-chosen

[V Report Plus] Actor Joo won’s partner for SBS drama revealed

Actress Kim Joo-hyun (Naver V app)

Korean actor Joo Won’s acting partner was revealed on Naver’s V app on Friday at 1 p.m.

Rookie actress Kim Joo-hyun will take a lead role in the upcoming SBS romantic drama series “My Sassy Girl,” which is to be released in the first half of next year.

Spoiler

Actress Kim Joo-hyun (Naver V app)

The five-minute episode featured three finalists’ interviews -- Kim Joo-hyun, Han Ji-eun and Jung In-sun -- and later gave the results of the examination.

The two protagonists will start shooting in August.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit www.vlive.tv.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

kpopherald

The five-minute episode featured three finalists’ interviews -- Watch it here

Joo Won plays big part as "My Sassy Girl - Drama" assistant

2016/06/26

photo739544.jpg

Actor Joo Won played a big part in the drama "My Sassy Girl - Drama" auditions.

Kim Joo-hyeon-I beat 1,800 competitors and earned a role in the new SBS drama "My Sassy Girl - Drama". The audition took 2 months.

Spoiler

photo739543.jpg

Joo Won had already been chosen as Gyeon-woo, and added initiation in the audition from May to June. He was very participative about anything that has to do with the drama.

Joo Won took part in the TOP 10 audition and even the TOP 3. He was very sincere about his decisions as it had to do with choosing the female lead role.

He also didn't forget to give words of comfort and encouragement to the 'she' candidates.

The officials of the drama say, "Usually a top star is nervous about his or her opponent not being top class stars but not Joo Won. He hopes that more opportunities are given to rookies so that they can spread out their dreams like he was able to. This audition must have been a big challenge for him".

Joo Won's effort in trying to circulate the public culture is very highly bought.

"My Sassy Girl - Drama" is a romantic film about a bad tempered guy named Gyeon-woo and the city's greatest troublemaker 'she'. The drama will be released in Korea, China and Japan in 2017.

Spoiler

Source : sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/new...

http://www.hancinema.net/joo-won-plays-big-part-as-my-sassy-girl--drama-assistant-96034.html

• 1 month later...

Kim Joo Hyun is out of My Sassy Girl. Oh Yeon Seo is now being offered the role of the female lead!

Tbh I don't know what to think about this news.:o  I have never seen this happening before that someone drops out of filming when the shooting has already started. So this must really be a last minute decision of the producers. Many will suspect that KJH dropped out due to external pressure. Hopefully this won't affect the atmosphere on the filming set and everything is gonna turn out for the better. For now, all we can do is to wait for the feedback from k-netz.

Source: kdrama_news, Isplus, Segye

*EDITED*

Female lead contest winner of 'My Sassy Girl' drama remake dropped from main role

joo-won

In yet another case of unexplained, unexpected news, rookie actress Kim Joo Hyun has been dropped from the lead female role of the upcoming SBS drama 'My Sassy Girl'. 

Back in June, SBS held Korea's first ever public auditions to choose the right actress that viewers wanted to see for the female lead role, who'd be acting opposite male lead Joo Won in the drama remake of the popular film. Rookie actress Kim Joo Hyun earned the honor against 1,800 competitors, earning congratulations from everyone anticipating the drama. 

However, the drama's producers relayed a sudden change of plans on August 4. Some are attributing the change to South Korea's newly placed THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) system. The drama started out as a dual, Chinese-Korean production, but due to China's stance on the policy after the THAAD announcement, previous ties have been broken, and 'My Sassy Girl' will continue as a Korean drama production instead. 

The production team has yet to determine who will replace Kim Joo Hyun. Stay tuned for updates. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/female-lead-contest-winner-of-my-sassy-girl-drama-remake-dropped-from-main-role

Kim Joo Hyun's casting in 'My Sassy Girl' remake falls through + Oh Yeon Seo in talks as replacement

Spoiler

201608041423772035_57a2d334afc3d_99_2016

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-04%2Bat%2B12.28.

Osen- Naver: 'Sassy Girl', Casting for Joo Won's leading lady falls through, Oh Yeon Seo is not confirmed 

1. [+2,423, -22] Then what is the point of the audition? And it seems rather fishy that Oh Yeon Seo's casting news broke out right after Kim Joo Hyun voluntary declined the role. She must think this is ridiculous, I'm sure there's some pretty shady stuff going on. Screw this. After all, I'm satisfied with Cha Tae Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun's 'My Sassy Girl'. Enough with any more remakes

2. [+1,609, -20] Why is Kim Joo Hyun being replaced? She auditioned and got used for media play. Why is this drama getting itself in such a mess already? I'm not even looking forward to it

3. [+1,141, -54] So much noise already.. What if Jung In Sun-ssi ends up being cast??? The audition was pointless then?? It just makes sense to get Jung In Sun if Kim Joo Hyun gave the role up

4. [+1,131, -22] I only want to remember Sassy Girl with Jun Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun as leads

5. [+710, -19] Don't do it, choose a different drama unni

6. [+224, -4] What's the point of the audition then...?

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-04%2Bat%2B12.40.

Sports Chosun - Naver: [Exclusive] 'Joo Won's leading lady' Kim Joo Hyun abruptly drops 'Sassy Girl' lead role 

1. [+5,082, -31] I don't believe that she voluntarily declined...

2. [+3,407, -23] Hul after holding auditions, what is happening? ㄷㄷ

3. [+3,231, -39] Seems like she was pressured to give it up

4. [+2,082, -71] Honestly, finding the 2nd Jeon Ji Hyun is no easy task

5. [+541, -8] Well, the role probably went to an actress with amazing sponsor instead

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/08/kim-joo-hyuns-casting-in-my-sassy-girl.html

Kim Joo Hyun Suddenly Quits “My Sassy Girl” Drama, Replaced By Oh Yeon Seo

Kim Joo Hyun Suddenly Quits “My Sassy Girl” Drama, Replaced By Oh Yeon Seo

SBS’s upcoming drama “My Sassy Girl” was known for its unique way of casting a female lead. Out of 1800 contestants of celebrities and non-celebrities, actress Kim Joo Hyun was chosen through a final fan poll.

However, the actress will no longer be starring as the main female lead. According to Sports Joseon, the actress felt very burdened by her first main role and the sudden amount of public attention, and ultimately decided to step down.

Instead, actress Oh Yeon Seo will be taking on the role of the iconic female lead in the 2001 film “My Sassy Girl” starring Cha Tae Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun. Since stepping down from the drama role, Kim Joo Hyun plans to star as a lively princess in the drama “Aji Gongju” (romanized title) instead.  The drama “My Sassy Girl” also stars male lead Joo Won, and plans to air next year.

Source (1) (2)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/04/kim-joo-hyun-suddenly-quits-sassy-girl-drama-replaced-oh-yeon-seo/

My Sassy Girl swaps out lead actress, courts Oh-Yeon-seo to star

by girlfriday | August 4, 2016 | 18 Comments

OhYeonSeo1.jpg

Wait, they’re changing My Sassy Girl’s sassy girl? Then what the heck was the point of that massive open audition with 1,800 hopefuls, plus reality survival show with top ten finalists, all in an effort to pick a fresh face? Well I guess it all seems moot now, because the finalist who was cast in the lead role — newbie actress Kim Joo-hyun — has stepped down to take on a secondary role in the drama, and an offer is now out to Oh Yeon-seo (Come Back, Ajusshi) to headline in her place.

read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/my-sassy-girl-swaps-out-lead-actress-courts-oh-yeon-seo-to-star/

Oh Yeon Seo in talks for lead role on 'My Sassy Girl' + producers comment on Kim Joo Hyun's leave

Spoiler

oh-yeon-seo

The producers of the upcoming SBS drama 'My Sassy Girl' spoke up about reports of Oh Yeon Seo joining the cast as well as contest winner Kim Joo Hyun's leave.

On August 4, reps from the drama told media outlets, "As 'My Sassy Girl' is a huge project and collaboration between Chinese and Korean broadcast companies, former lead Kim Joo Hyun's casting didn't go as planned as we decided after a long negotiation it didn't fit the situation. Though it's disappointing, I hope you see it as a good idea that will find a good candidate."  

As for news about Oh Yeon Seo's casting as the female lead, drama reps stated, "We have not confirmed anything about the female lead as of yet."

Actor Joo Won has already been named as the male lead, and viewers can expect the premiere of the 'My Sassy Girl' drama in the first half of 2017.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/oh-yeon-seo-in-talks-for-lead-role-on-my-sassy-girl-producers-comment-on-kim-joo-hyuns-leave

Archived