[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

Finally , here's a clip of the elusive Choon Phoong or Summer Breeze or Prince ES ,who was the most mysterious character. He played his game well. It was so hard to figure whether he was a friend or foe ..... clever writer. He's such an interesting character and got us on our toes until the end when it was revealed he was he was the Ghost Mask. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE EASING OFF PERIOD STARTS....

WELL ALMOST TIME TO SAY GOODBYE....

I'LL POST WHATEVER FANS HAVE PAINSTAKINGLY CREATED AND WHICH HAVEN'T BEEN POSTED HERE BEFORE , EITHER VIDEOS, GIFS, REVIEWS...ETC. SO PERHAPS IN A WEEK.S TIME  ? ????????????????? I TOLD YOU I'M A SENTIMENTAL SOUL AND I LIKE NEAT CLOSURES.

CURTAIN CALLS ARE KIND OF SAD BUT NEW STAGES ARE ENTICING THE CURIOUS.

THE BIRDS REMIND ME OF THE CRANE.

865e41b0823cbf8758e1e3436650f6cb--missio200w.gif#25-grid1

Hi all................... having a weekend off to smell the flowers ( no China Pink to smell though ) Thanks @ricerascal67 and @flutterby06 for checking on MSG.

This instagrammer is amazing, she's creating new videos ever so often and I haven't finished posting her numerous fanart. Thank you keijoowon. I hope you don't mind me posting your work here.I enjoy viewing them.  I can't access instagram so I hope youcan drop in here. Well nice to see GY with his gats and beads swing and clicking like music.

I believe.............. listening to it brings back memories. I like how scenic the place is with tall bare trees , interesting old traditional building with unusual roofing tiles and what looks like a little " pavilion " in the background. The rustic look gives off a charming vibe.There's a certain tranquility about this place. Our couple is in love.

Yay ..... !! @packmule3 llllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!! Nice to see you again our great motivator and peerless leader with the grand plans like leading the team to hit the popular hot topic on streaming nights and succeeding the 100 page target. Succeeded beyond a nile.  a mile. They were exciting heady times. :heart:

I'm sure your contributions to THE King Loves is great. One girl two loves , nay,  three not forgetting the bromance which seems to be tottering and ready to plunge . Glad you are enjoying a new drama. I'm not watching any at the moment. But Staygold and I are waiting for Temperature of Love. The leads are a spinoff from Romantic Doctor and Teacher Kim but in a new drama. This new one is about young people in the internet age and their problems of loneliness and emotional abuse. I like the male lead's username " Good Soup " because he owns a French restaurant. Want to join us ? It's a rom com and may not be your cup of tea.

Agree.... your jugulae gifs are heart pumping..... haha.... !! GY shot back with " die together " Thanks dear.

I love gifs..... and you are so skilled in making them..... congrats. The second one is your work I think.....so nice,

The gif below was how sassy princess was trying to escape from GY. She was checking out that he was not looking so she can sneak off to see her " lover " , Min. who was eventually killed.

JlpmGW.gif

You mad this gif right @packmule3 ? Well done.

giphy.gif&key=960caa6ff5c1fd969da6b384ff

AWKWARD ..... HOW TO TELL HER SHE CAN'T COOK ?

giphy.gif&key=0756f6d6640698f0df6a6232be

My three-the-limit images so I deleted it and put it in the spoiler. But I see the MODs are very blind / soft with offenders in other threads..... hmmnnn. !!!

Spoiler

OACBgmg.gif&key=9485a7e4aa8e0119d6652fec

Spoiler

10e152ea7a9c09346a85f47b760bac2d.gif

So adorable Prince Wonja tricking her. Both siblings love each other so much. It's one of the values of family relationship.

Spoiler

676fa0187f9b6d50fee76fbf3dbd334a.gif

SHE CAN'T SLEEP ..... !!!! GY WAS THE CAUSE

Spoiler

fd860d6b23c07b81d269f7403a618b18.gif

:) @lavender2love

When it comes to this new drama I'm watching, "enjoy" isn't exactly the right word to use. It's more like torture at times, or -- you know how you dare yourself to ride a tall roller coaster or enter a Haunted House on Halloween? The feeling's the same. You only realize that you had fun AFTERWARDS because while you were in transit, it was sheer torture.  

But I'm sticking around for my friend. 

I infinitely prefer a romcom. I'm a romcom type of person. My favorite romcoms are the gentle ones: My Sassy Girl, Warm and Cozy. They're like kdrama versions of Audrey Hepburn romcom movies. 

I'll check out Temperature of Love when I get back to the US. I should be back home this weekend. 

@ricerascal67, are you watching anything good nowadays? :)

Btw, the mom of GY is also the mom of the lead character in the kdrama I'm watching. In My Sassy Girl, she played a comic role -- a doting mom. In King Loves, she's a powerful queen who also dotes on her son. She's a good actress who delivers. 

I don't know if I made that gif, @lavender2love. I can't remember anymore. But Iike that gif of our princess nodding off and plonking her head on his shoulder. That is such a kdrama trope, using a guy's shoulder as a pillow. I like the way he was waiting for the headdrop to happen, then smiled after it did. Even back then, he was indulgent with her. 

16 hours ago, packmule3 said:

:) @lavender2love

When it comes to this new drama I'm watching, "enjoy" isn't exactly the right word to use. It's more like torture at times, or -- you know how you dare yourself to ride a tall roller coaster or enter a Haunted House on Halloween? The feeling's the same. You only realize that you had fun AFTERWARDS because while you were in transit, it was sheer torture.  

But I'm sticking around for my friend. 

That's why you have a good heart @packmule3 You stepped in here to lift up the mood. Here , let's drink to friendship which transcends boundaries.

DDwjlN5U0AEWlr-.jpg

I infinitely prefer a romcom. I'm a romcom type of person. My favorite romcoms are the gentle ones: My Sassy Girl, Warm and Cozy. They're like kdrama versions of Audrey Hepburn romcom movies.

Yes, the laughs give a good feel and you come away chuckling at life .

tumblr_orhz36b9yd1r1fzv0o8_400.gif  tumblr_orhz36b9yd1r1fzv0o9_400.gif

I'll check out Temperature of Love when I get back to the US. I should be back home this weekend. 

You're still abroad ? That's a long stay. Hope you're sleeping well.

@ricerascal67, are you watching anything good nowadays? :)

Btw, the mom of GY is also the mom of the lead character in the kdrama I'm watching. In My Sassy Girl, she played a comic role -- a doting mom. In King Loves, she's a powerful queen who also dotes on her son. She's a good actress who delivers. 

MOM !!!!

e1x4qbvipmnv.md.jpg

I don't know if I made that gif, @lavender2love. I can't remember anymore. But Iike that gif of our princess nodding off and plonking her head on his shoulder. That is such a kdrama trope, using a guy's shoulder as a pillow. I like the way he was waiting for the headdrop to happen, then smiled after it did. Even back then, he was indulgent with her. 

I like that you made gifs to complement your descriptions or write ups. Nice ..

I think Joseon was flooded the day Gw cried. His heart was being ripped out when the love of his life walked out leaving him with gut wrenching pain. It was so sad that he had to bear a great emptiness and hopelessness.

Joo Won excels in crying. His eyes are very expressive either mesmerizing or wretched with pain and PDs know that. So the sobs tear at your heart.

I spy @staygold.... How have you been ? Your water god drama ended today ? One down and another to go before ninja-ing ( taking liberty with grammar ) :ph34r::ph34r::tongue:B):D

4 hours ago, lavender2love said:

I spy @staygold.... How have you been ? Your water god drama ended today ? One down and another to go before ninja-ing ( taking liberty with grammar ) :ph34r::ph34r::tongue:B):D

:D Did it end already? I should really check it now! 

tumblr_oruxszq1ez1s8t96qo1_r1_400.gif

cr: http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/162055618989/from-now-on-i-will-help-you

17 hours ago, staygold said:

:D Did it end already? I should really check it now! 

cr: http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/162055618989/from-now-on-i-will-help-you

Yo ...... @staygold.... you missed the wrap up party too? You really jumped over that one huh ? The Water God I mean.

Wheeeeee ...... so nice you and @packmule3 dropped in yesterday. Miss you girls.

tumblr_oruxszq1ez1s8t96qo1_r1_400.gif

PEACE ... !!!!

Joo Won's fan are counting days. So they post a picture a day with a number. See the D-626 ? It's a countdown to zero, the day of his discharge from MS ( newest date is D-451 ) I like it when they use pictures from MSG. Here's one wher GY is sending his love.

Those who follow Joo Won's thread here on Soompi Forums may have already seen this, but for those who haven't, check out what I've just come across on Dramafever:

My Sassy Girl's Jung Da Bin is lucky to have Joo Won oppa!

Quote from the article:

"What sets apart Jung Da Bin from other rising teen stars is that this My Sassy Girl actress is lucky to call Joo Won her oppa (older brother) on and off the screen. In an interview with My Daily, Jung shared invaluable advice she received from Joo Won about going to college and more.

"“Oppa said I’d learn in school what I’d already learned on set, so it could be time better spent to build the right mindset,” Jung Da Bin said. “He said things could feel empty or void as I age and continue to film. He wishes I’d have my own way of dealing with hardships.”"

Thanks for sharing, @kittyna! I know this may add extra work for you but feel free to update us here with news of our favorite guy, Joo Won. (Same goes for fans of Oh Yeo Seo.) I'd like to support both of them in their future projects. 

Joo Won sounds like he has a really likeable guy. I downloaded a lot of his 2d1n shows thinking I would have a chance to watch them on my airplane flights but I ended up watching his Happy Together appearance to promote Good Doctors. He was low-key and modest, but even then, he commanded respect from his fellow entertainers. He mentioned his mom buying him books to prepare for his roles, and his parents being circumspect in public so they wouldn't embarrass him. He'd definitely make a good oppa to young and new actresses. 

@staygold!!! Bad girl! Don't tell me you quit on Habaek, too. Is it really done? I can catch up on it tonight. 

@lavender2love. Yes I'm back home!! It's been a long month but it was more efficient that I did all my meetings in one long trip than fly to Asia four consecutive times. I just had to be mentally ready to shift gears for different clients and negotiations but my assistants were very helpful in briefing me and keeping me on track. I know TO YOU here in soompi I appear outrageous and carefree like HM, but I'm quite stern like GW at work. 

15 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Thanks for sharing, @kittyna! I know this may add extra work for you but feel free to update us here with news of our favorite guy, Joo Won. (Same goes for fans of Oh Yeo Seo.) I'd like to support both of them in their future projects. 

Joo Won sounds like he has a really likeable guy. I downloaded a lot of his 2d1n shows thinking I would have a chance to watch them on my airplane flights but I ended up watching his Happy Together appearance to promote Good Doctors. He was low-key and modest, but even then, he commanded respect from his fellow entertainers. He mentioned his mom buying him books to prepare for his roles, and his parents being circumspect in public so they wouldn't embarrass him. He'd definitely make a good oppa to young and new actresses. 

@kittyna thanks for the article which points out his solid values and @packmule3 for always being supportive.

The picture captures the intensity and passion that JW is capable of lighting up the screen. That's why fans want to typecast him in action and strong emotional scenes. The same for Oh Yeon Soo who can emote the most amazing expressions. They then find MSG " tame " but I strongly feel JW did right by MSG , first because he did it for his fans and second he wanted to stretch himself in his first historical drama but in the rom com genre . Of course he would be amazing in an action thriller dark sageuk where the camera zoom into his intensity but that genre had been overdone previously. However even in a " lightweight " drama, he portrays GY perfectly. He is so talented.

@staygold!!! Bad girl! Don't tell me you quit on Habaek, too. Is it really done? I can catch up on it tonight. 

haha .... @staygolddid some running away too. But you have to imagine the owl's feather flying as she bolted. 

tumblr_or77i3CUH11ql0375o2_540.gif

tumblr_or77i3CUH11ql0375o1_540.gif

@lavender2love. Yes I'm back home!! It's been a long month but it was more efficient that I did all my meetings in one long trip than fly to Asia four consecutive times. I just had to be mentally ready to shift gears for different clients and negotiations but my assistants were very helpful in briefing me and keeping me on track. I know TO YOU here in soompi I appear outrageous and carefree like HM, but I'm quite stern like GW at work. 

Glad to hear you're home safe and sound. Wow..... you are a high level international business woman. Seems like you have the best in both MSG characters. I think you have a brilliant mind.

Found these pictures and I thought they look familiar. I think the first picture is where princess interrupted GY talking to DY. She then went on to say he's her husband...... hahahaha....It was at the time of the missing ring and she was jealous of DY.

The second picture seems to be where princess and Gy met each other for the first time formally. What a shock for both. ( must look for the picture )

20482278_410312269363961_857211388792563

20582799_127686981178385_605323768333179

Hi all, I have a quick question, I watch the drama real quickly, and I guess I miss some important parts.

Why was Gyun Woo the cause that made the queen dethroned? Is it because of the letters on board? but how?

3 hours ago, kao914 said:

Hi all, I have a quick question, I watch the drama real quickly, and I guess I miss some important parts.

Why was Gyun Woo the cause that made the queen dethroned? Is it because of the letters on board? but how?

Hi @kao914 thank you for your interest in the letters.

Yes, the letters he copied out from the murdered book keeper. We had quite a bit of discussion on this plus the quote about the " blind mother .... " Calling @packmule3, @misappear, @staygold, @flutterby06 @kittyna to give a good explanation.

Meanwhile ....... I found the summary posted by @misappear regarding that episode. Also some clips of the letter and GW recalling the huge mistake he made.

SUMMARY

What GW wrote was taken down and got distributed in flyers.

He went back looking at the brush, found a hidden note.

(So apparently he mistaken the brush owners meaning thinking the rumor is true and spreaded wrong info)

He went straight to the palace and found that Queen will be disposed today.

He went to the side and tried to climb the wall. Met young princess climbing out from the wall. Ooo talk about dejavu

Both of them went into the forest. Apparentlt GW is the one wanting to tag along. 

He told Princess that he HAS to see the Queen (so this scene is after queen got deposed)

They stumbled upon the corpse and the abandoned palanquin

Princess wants to go near, Gw intercept, say he will go check

Scene in GWdream sequence. He walked along the corspe, up to the palanquin, Open the door to find that queen is NOT inside

Both of them continue to search the forest for the queen.

Night falls, princess fell and sprained her leg. GW asked to go back to palace but Princess refuse

He offers a piggyback ride....wheeeee Young cheese

SOME RELATED SCENES. I'LL ADD MORE LATER ON.

20066670_1911314379081883_21346752609543

EDIT :Went back to check......!  Amazingly @fourleafclover wrote an accurate description of how and why GW wrote the letter . Very good . Thank you fourleaf clover.

1. GW used to frequent the Yoon brush store. And that's where he actually starts practicing his calligraphy, maybe he was an apprentice. Notice that his brush strokes were rough and inelegant.

• 1a. The hanja in his calligraphy practice matches the content of the flyer's title: "The blind queen..." 
  • 1b. GW's handwriting as a kid was not that great, so he can't possibly be the forger behind the love letter. Prince CS was a noble scholar and general. He would't have the handwriting of a kid practicing his calligraphy. HOWEVER, that suggests that little GW was practicing based on the already written paragraph. 
  • 1c. GW at the age that he was while visiting the brush shop was 7 or 8. So he cannot possibly be the baby, who was supposedly murdered AFTER Yoon did the deed of forging the love letter.

2. We can infer from the above that:

• 2a. GW didn't forge the letter. He didn't have the skills to do so.
  • 2b. His dream is mixing up with his past and present memories, so that he can't really rely on his flashback or dream to decide whether or not he wrote the love letter. It's quite possible that his memories are so jumbled up that I can't rely on his POV to say for sure.

3. Even if he did copy the love letter, he did not fully understood what he wrote due to his limited vocabulary, genius or not, he's still just a child and still learning. But once he did, he ran as fast as he can to warn the royal family. No doubt that he still blamed himself probably for knowing ahead of time but didn't make it in time. That's why we're seeing his guilt trip in the preview.

• 3a. From this, we can infer that GW already has access to the palace, so that means he's indeed born of noble birth as his father's son. Point 1c also supports this, at least ruled out that he's not the Yoon baby.
  • 3b. That his childhood friends remembers him visiting the Yoon store while the owner was still alive also supports that he's not the Yoon baby.
  • 3c. Since the Yoon heir is younger than GW, he can't be CP. So that means the Masked Ghost is either CP or the grown-up Yoon heir, but they can't be one and the same.

4. GW's dream is giving us a huge hint. He was looking closely at the calligraphy of the first flyer - as if he recognizes the content and handwriting, then his amnesia block his memories and made it disappeared in the next second. 

• 4a. Since the flyers used complex Chinese proverbs, the Masked Ghost must be a learned scholar himself, based on the above, he has similar handwriting to Yoon, who could be GW's calligraphy teacher/mentor. Combine these two clues together, and it seems likely that the Masked Ghost is the Yoon heir.
    • BTW, I'm not ruling out the possibility that CP is unrelated to all of this, but the show was making it super obvious at the beginning of this episode. CP holding the mask himself, ha! I'm not falling for it.

Archived