[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

7 hours ago, kittyna said:

One of the reasons why I don't mind JW in rom-coms as much - although I do prefer him in more dramatic roles like in "Gaksital" or "Good Doctor" - is that I can see how much fun everyone has during the filming. And if the cast and crew are enjoying themselves, I'm satisfied.

Me too. While I love JW in serious role, in comedy I can see a totally different, bright, comical JW which is very fun.

And one of his co-actor Shim Hyung Tak who played ChoonPoong praised JW & OYS for being very easy going and mood maker of the set. He said he felt as if JW&OYS were the second leads. Which indicates he is used to work with main leads who are moody and he enjoyed the environment of MSG production. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love

" I wonder how they cook a pig head ? "

No that is not a pig head.....it is wild boar (멧돼지, maesdwaeji)

Pig head is good as a broth base or stock

But the Korean have a use for pig head in their gosa (고사; 告祀) ceremony (a shamanism practice). & after the ceremony eat the pig head known as pyeonyouk (편육, gelatin rich pressed meat similar to a terrine)

http://www.luckyturtles.com/?tag=고사

Yay ..... !! @gerrytan8063 with his vast knowledge of anything exotic and a pyeonyuk dish.  Uhmnn .... no wonder it's not a pig head but a wild boar.... must be a huge one. They don't waste any part of the piggy and from your description is rich in gelatin. Oh my.... it's used for a ritual shamanism ceremony . They stuff money into the pig's mouth for good luck !!!

EDIT : How was your hiking ? Lots of beautiful scenery ?

Spoiler

DDIcpCwU0AE6RIg.jpg&key=4b37a2d18f2f6049

CHEERS TO PIGGY FOR SUCH A USEFUL HEAD.

DEZVvlXUAAA-ZcS.jpg  

Chicken feet and soju result in this state. Does Princess like pig head  with its gelatin ?

DA_i-BSUwAA-yPm.jpg

This is a more useful skill for a princess of the Joseon period. This is a charming picture.

DDyGPP8U0AAy67E.jpg

My 3 favourite scenes

1. Hiding together in the place with all the books.

- it shows the first conscious stirring of the hearts of our couple.

2. The confession and kiss after GW stopped the marriage

- i like it that he went to Qing Prince to stop the marriage before going to the Princess. He is thoughtful and responsible to settle it first. He did not get the Princess involved as it may make it difficult for her.

- after a few episodes of them being separated and staring at each other longingly, the confession was like the climax that we have been building up to.

3. The proposal

- the music was spot on. When he was proposing, there was sweet romantic music. And when she said she wanted to be a doctor, the music stopped abruptly.

- GW slapping his own chest to calm himself about her doctor decision was funny. I can just imagine her regularly springing this kind of surprise on him throughout their whole marriage. 

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

@kittyna, It's not that tough.. I just can't access SBS official recently because of slow internet connection.

http://m.sbs.co.kr/tvview/tvviewDetail.do?pgm_id=22000010352&mda_id=22000233510&pgm_mnu_id=48552

This one is the video with dog..

http://m.sbs.co.kr/tvview/tvviewDetail.do?pgm_id=22000010352&mda_id=22000234637&pgm_mnu_id=48552

And in this one our cutie is just being cute.. :wub:

Let me know what you think about these bts. :)

Thanks! As of right now, the site's loaded without any issues, but the videos...not so much. I can't seem to get them to load properly. I'll keep trying, though, and I'll get back to you if I do manage to watch them.

Regardless of the outcome, though, thanks for your efforts! :)

EDIT: I found the doggy one! It was posted on Instagram by Joowon Indonesia FanClub

There are two videos here, so make sure you check out both.

Personally, I think the dog stole the show in that behind the scenes video. JW and OYS were adorable as always, but I just kept being impressed that the dog was so well-behaved throughout. I wonder if it's actually the pet of a cast or crew member, because it seems really comfortable in such an environment.

In the second video, I loved how OYS just bursts out laughing after the director calls "Cut!" I also noticed with both this and the behind the scenes video for the rice box scene that JW and OYS joke around throughout the rehearsal bits, then immediately get serious and into character for the real thing. It gives us multiple versions of the same scene for us to watch - and imagine about re: the Princess and Gyun Woo's future.

I also found the second one @flutterby06 linked.

I love the first part, especially. The pouting and play-hitting is something I usually see in girls' aegyo rather than guys' aegyo, but JW pulls it off.

@lavender2love

"How was your hiking ? Lots of beautiful scenery ?"

Crowded, I only had the weekend...so plenty of weekender Japanese hikers as well

Actually I will recommend to visit Tateyama in April to see the snow wall where if you come from a country who doesn't have snowfall, it is great weather & you get to see snow. More accessible & touristy

6 hours ago, pumpkin_pie said:

My 3 favourite scenes

1. Hiding together in the place with all the books.

- it shows the first conscious stirring of the hearts of our couple.

2. The confession and kiss after GW stopped the marriage

- i like it that he went to Qing Prince to stop the marriage before going to the Princess. He is thoughtful and responsible to settle it first. He did not get the Princess involved as it may make it difficult for her.

- after a few episodes of them being separated and staring at each other longingly, the confession was like the climax that we have been building up to.

3. The proposal

- the music was spot on. When he was proposing, there was sweet romantic music. And when she said she wanted to be a doctor, the music stopped abruptly.

- GW slapping his own chest to calm himself about her doctor decision was funny. I can just imagine her regularly springing this kind of surprise on him throughout their whole marriage. 

Applaud .....!!. @pumpkin_pie You did it....... !! Well chosen favourite scenes..... ! I managed to get the first picture, just to refresh the memory. As I come across the scenes I will remember you.

DDP-N5RXgAAbnTd.jpg

6 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love

"How was your hiking ? Lots of beautiful scenery ?"

Crowded, I only had the weekend...so plenty of weekender Japanese hikers as well

Wow .... !! @gerrytan8063 you really had a fantastic hike to the top of Takeyama. It's a tough trial tha is so rocky in places but the view at the top is amazing. The clouds are so striking.

You are an adventurer !!

Actually I will recommend to visit Tateyama in April to see the snow wall where if you come from a country who doesn't have snowfall, it is great weather & you get to see snow. More accessible & touristy

What a gorgeous sunrise and drifting clouds. And the ice wall.................... Amazing. !! How is it formed ?

Thank you posting the videos. Lovely.

@packmule3.... Yup 141.... We are incomparable given the circumstances.

200.gif#50-grid1

@lavender2love

you and I must be connected by brainwaves. I couldn't sleep so I checked soompi on my iPhone and here you are. 

@pumpkin_pie

agree! I saw that little heart-thump that GW gave himself when he heard HM's plan to go to China. Hahaha. I thought he was choking from the news and he wanted to Heimlich himself. Or he just had a cardiac arrest and wanted to restart his heart. Lol. I didn't even think that he could have been trying to calm down his irregular heart beat, like you said. 

Whatever it was, I too thought it was a good ad-lib and it just made his character more endearing. Yes, he would have to do a lot of that (also neck-pounding to suggest that his blood pressure was going up) when married to our sassy girl. 

44 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

@lavender2love

you and I must be connected by brainwaves. I couldn't sleep so I checked soompi on my iPhone and here you are. 

@pumpkin_pie

agree! I saw that little heart-thump that GW gave himself when he heard HM's plan to go to China. Hahaha. I thought he was choking from the news and he wanted to Heimlich himself. Or he just had a cardiac arrest and wanted to restart his heart. Lol. I didn't even think that he could have been trying to calm down his irregular heart beat, like you said. 

Whatever it was, I too thought it was a good ad-lib and it just made his character more endearing. Yes, he would have to do a lot of that (also neck-pounding to suggest that his blood pressure was going up) when married to our sassy girl. 

@packmule3..Oh nooooooo.... You're not getting the GY effect are you ? Haha .... MSG is synonymous with you so the brainswaves have already its own satellite hotspots.

Why can't you sleep? Strange bed ? Missing your guys? Oh dear, wish I can send you some persimmons... haha.

Over at JW thread we are talking about his service to his country by singing The Impossible dream in Korean. Do you know the song from Man Of La Mancha ( Don Quixote ) Listening to music might help you sleep ( not necessary this one, too powerful to induce sleep )  Classical lullabies are good.

Posted July 27 · Report post

Ooohhhhh..... I just found the proposal by @staygold Coincidence .... I was just flipping pages. Did you create the gif?

vhw3iIg.gif

@staygold " The proposal :D

@ricerascal67 The sudden change in background music for this scene was so good! "

9 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love

"Amazing. !! How is it formed ?"

Toyama is one of the 7 cities that formed the Japanese alps

Wow ...! Wow ! Wow ! @gerrytan8063 meeting you in dramaland has its perks. So many way out and striking foods and sights. There must be a fountain of knowledge sprouting in your head about all things Korea and it's neigbour , in culture, food, shopping, history and once-in-a- lifetime tourists spots. Thanks for your time in sharing . Appreciate it.

BTW the post in The King loves about the Azalea is very good.

tumblr_osiyl5xF8M1r1fzv0o1_540.gif

They are spectacular , gerry's recommendation.

Spoiler

tateyama-kurobe-alpine-route-snow-corrid

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love

"BTW the post in The King loves about the Azalea is very good."

Thank you

Just for information, the gif shown above is the dianthus chinensis (패랭이꽃 or China Pink), one of the most common flowers in Korea

Thankiuuuuuuuuuu @gerrytan8063 finally we know the botanical name and the common name. I love the sound of it, China Pink . It suggests sweetness just as the name China Doll suggests delicate beauty. in your travel to Korea, have you seen this flower? 

Eh ... how come you know so much about flowers ? You can just roll off the names.  I'm sure you're not a botanist.

Yup...... princess loves her China Pink very much. Since the flowers are common in Korea, GW must have plucked them by the roadside. Nevertheless a simple flowere can be romantic.

DD5DxXUUIAE6HQ5.jpg

58 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

A last glimpse of Princess HM before she goes to the cheese trap. These gifs are so cute and sassy too.

( will post the other 4 at a later date )

Anyone going to watch it ? It's a movie I think .

"Cheese in the Trap", right? I haven't decided yet on whether I want to watch it, but seeing so many recent GIF crossovers makes me want to see one with Gyun Woo and whoever Park Ki Woong's playing in that film. Anyone have any good ideas?

@lavender2love

"in your travel to Korea, have you seen this flower? ......Eh ... how come you know so much about flowers ? You can just roll off the names.  I'm sure you're not a botanist."

Yes I have seen the dianthus chinensis (패랭이꽃 or China Pink), blossom from April to June in Korea. My mother is a keen gardener & she likes to visit botanical gardens where ever she visit & knows her flowers & trees hence my knowledge

9 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love

"in your travel to Korea, have you seen this flower? ......Eh ... how come you know so much about flowers ? You can just roll off the names.  I'm sure you're not a botanist."

Yes I have seen the dianthus chinensis (패랭이꽃 or China Pink), blossom from April to June in Korea. My mother is a keen gardener & she likes to visit botanical gardens where ever she visit & knows her flowers & trees hence my knowledge

Lucky you @gerrytan8063 enjoying life even to small detail like seeing the lovely pink of China Pink ( I think it's a wild flower ) at the right time and right place. You're a person with many experiences.

Wow.... ! I'd say interesting mother and interesting son. !!! She has one of the best hobbies.

Thanks for the information about the gat and China Pink and everything else that you shared. ( i was tagged at the new drama The Temperature of Love and the lead's username in chat group is Good Soup in the drama ,.... Guess what, I thought of Gerrytan and his soups. I might use Bosingtang if i ever need a teasing username...I'd like that and it'll be fun.... haha....

@lavender2love

"......like seeing the lovely pink of China Pink ( I think it's a wild flower ) at the right time and right place. You're a person with many experiences.

Just for information, you may notice that the China Pink, they have single & double petals species looks similar to a carnation. It is because they both belong to the same genus "Dianthus"

"I thought of Gerrytan and his soups. "....

When I am at home, I drink soups everyday (the influence of the Cantonese soup culture)...know as 3 dishes & a soup which consist of a meat dish, a vegetable dish & rice & of course soup

http://www.noobcook.com/category/soups-stews/chinese-soups/

Some sample of Chinese soups

Spoiler

8 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love

"......like seeing the lovely pink of China Pink ( I think it's a wild flower ) at the right time and right place. You're a person with many experiences.

Just for information, you may notice that the China Pink, they have single & double petals species looks similar to a carnation. It is because they both belong to the same genus "Dianthus"

"I thought of Gerrytan and his soups. "....

When I am at home, I drink soups everyday (the influence of the Cantonese soup culture)...know as 3 dishes & a soup which consist of a meat dish, a vegetable dish & rice & of course soup

http://www.noobcook.com/category/soups-stews/chinese-soups/

Some sample of Chinese soups

Yes @gerrytan8063 noted..... The ones she's holding are double petals. So pretty . You brighten up my day .

tumblr_osiyl5xF8M1r1fzv0o2_540.gif

DD2dAsKXcAIzqvf.jpg

Your soups are very special. No wonder you are so fit and healthy ,going on hikes, travelling often and visiting many historical places. I think your habit of drinking soups everyday  boost your health. They hydrate the body. I see you live the good life.

Your Canton Soup Culture is a good read and the archive for the soups is astonishing. I counted 24 kinds. You must have taken all of them and live a very long life. The write up says

The benefits can range from detoxification, nourishment to major body organs, reduction of blood sugar and blood pressure, replenishment of the Qi, and release of excess element(s) that throw the body off its internal yin-yang balance. 

That soup plays a role in clearing heat, nourishing beauty, strengthening physical health, preventing and curing diseases, and nourishing vital organs of the human body

Soups are so comforting and the author of Chicken soup for the soul must know something abouth the therapeutic effect of soup.

Thanks for the useful information.

Archived