[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joo Won and Oh Yeon Seo’s Kiss Scene in ‘My Sassy Girl’

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday new drama ‘My Sassy Girl’ will be premiered on May 29th. The drama has released a highlight photo to cope with the curiosity of the viewers. Kyun Woo (Joo Won) who is Joseon’s best man and Princess Hye Myung (Oh Yeon Seo) will feature an interesting story of his struggles to protect the Princess as shown through the video.11-37.jpg

in the published video, after coming back from the study in Dynasty Qing, their fateful meeting as a teacher was revealed and attracted attention. “If you can’t find Ok Ji Hwan, you will feel like living in hell”, through the princess’ dialog, in the presence of the lost ring, the viewers are anticipating their future.Their appearance when eating chicken legs and biting it until its bone brought laughter to the viewers, she pulled her hair and sleeves in front of other women suddenly then did a strange attraction that made her lose her elegant image. ‘My Sassy Girl’ is a historical drama about the love story of the best man in Joseon named Kyun Woo (Joo Won) and a sassy Princess named Hye Myung. With the palace as the background, they will feature a captivating love story in the Joseon era in a unique and realistic way.  

http://my.castko.com/archives/11375

OYS and Joo Won are both exceptional actors and from the photo at the top of this forum page, they seemed  to be quite comfortable 2gether.. Just 4 more days!

Thumbnail

20 hours ago, glee77 said:

I 100% love and support this drama.

However I am very clear in the fact that it's probably not going to pull good ratings.

1. Joo Won is great and awesome. And every single director over-works him cause they just know he compels the audience to look at him. However he is not an A-lister like SJK, LMH or PBG :(

4. Every pre-produced Saeguk has underperformed on SBS (moon lovers, saimdang)

So my only hope is that the network does not re-edit or cut the episodes even if they get low ratings.

Sorry for my pessimism, but sometimes it's better to know where you are getting into :(:(

1. Joo Won is actually an A-lister though lol? Whilst I do agree that his fanbase isn't as young and rabid as those you listed, he is still an A-lister. 

2. Moon Lovers and Saimdang both had faults. The audience disliked IU's acting in Moon Lovers, and Saimdang was just boring. Lee Young Ae herself is an actual A-lister, but her even her acting wasn't able to save the drama. 

3. Oh Yeon Seo is awesome. That is all.

21 hours ago, glee77 said:

However I am very clear in the fact that it's probably not going to pull good ratings.

1. Joo Won is great and awesome. And every single director over-works him cause they just know he compels the audience to look at him. However he is not an A-lister like SJK, LMH or PBG :(

2. Oh Yeon Seo is amazing and she's rocked in every role she had. However, a lot of people hate her cause she has done Plastic Surgery, and because she is extremely confident (SK people want humble self-hating women to respect :/ )

3. The famous casting controversy is always going to follow it as a shadow (Because of course, they can't just support that other actress by watching her drama "sister is alive" :(

So my only hope is that the network does not re-edit or cut the episodes even if they get low ratings.

Sorry for my pessimism, but sometimes it's better to know where you are getting into :(:(

It's true that SBS historical dramas do not get good rating..and this is worrying me a bit..just a bit though.

Joo Won might not be the most popular superstar in Korea but that never really kept him away from getting good ratings in most of his dramas (except L7CS and TC). That's because he attracts viewers with his acting. Few of these superstar has ratings such as Joo Won's. In lot of interviews interviewers talk and praise more about his acting rather than how good he looks. So I believe Koreans recognize him as a talented actor. Despite the SBS Historical Drama jinx I'm hoping it'll get good rating.

Even if MSG fails to get rating, it'll still be okay as long as it is enjoyable..I remember despite it's low rating, how much I loved Tomorrow Cantabile. So MSG, Fighing... :)

1 hour ago, airplanegirl said:

1. Joo Won is actually an A-lister though lol? Whilst I do agree that his fanbase isn't as young and rabid as those you listed, he is still an A-lister. 

2. Moon Lovers and Saimdang both had faults. The audience disliked IU's acting in Moon Lovers, and Saimdang was just boring. Lee Young Ae herself is an actual A-lister, but her even her acting wasn't able to save the drama. 

3. Oh Yeon Seo is awesome. That is all.

Didn't see Siamdang, so I can't say anything about it. But I loved Moon Lovers except the messed up ending.. IU was also quite good in that drama in my opinion. I think it's unfortunate that it didn't get better rating. But they got a lot of love from international fans. :)

30 minutes ago, glee77 said:

My comment was only about the ratings side. It had nothing to do with the drama quality and everything to do with the judgy k-netz, that's why I said it.

Just read the comments here (translated of course :tongue: )

http://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0002924268&rankingType=default&rankingDate=20170527

My only worry in my post was that low ratings were going to bring changes.

I was not bad-mouthing anyone, which you would have understood if you'd have bothered reading it.

I can't believe that even in the official thread I have to be careful of being misunderstood :(:(

??? No one said that you were though? I was just pointing out that Joo Won, and those names you listed have VERY different fanbases, also I was just listing out the flaws that Moon Lovers and Saimdang had, since you did bring up that those were SBS' most recent historical dramas. Relax. No one is even attacking you for your opinion.

And honestly those comments? Are mostly from Oh Yeon Seo's haters who think that she is trying to steal Joo Won away from BoA. Most of the comments were asking why would she even go visit him, when he has a girlfriend. 

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Didn't see Siamdang, so I can't say anything about it. But I loved Moon Lovers except the messed up ending.. IU was also quite good in that drama in my opinion. I think it's unfortunate that it didn't get better rating. But they got a lot of love from international fans. :)

I tried to watch Moon Lovers, but I was just so bored. Love in the Moonlight just had better pacing. I think a common flaw that historical dramas often have, is their pacing. Sometimes it's just too slow, and the viewers get bored. 

On 5/27/2017 at 2:59 AM, glee77 said:

2. Oh Yeon Seo is amazing and she's rocked in every role she had. However, a lot of people hate her cause she has done Plastic Surgery, and because she is extremely confident (SK people want humble self-hating women to respect :/ )

3. The famous casting controversy is always going to follow it as a shadow (Because of course, they can't just support that other actress by watching her drama "sister is alive" :(

20 hours ago, glee77 said:

My comment was only about the ratings side. It had nothing to do with the drama quality and everything to do with the judgy k-netz, that's why I said it.

Just read the comments here (translated of course :tongue: )

http://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0002924268&rankingType=default&rankingDate=20170527

My only worry in my post was that low ratings were going to bring changes.

I was not bad-mouthing anyone, which you would have understood if you'd have bothered reading it.

I can't believe that even in the official thread I have to be careful of being misunderstood :(:(

So this kind of comment pulls me back to soompi world.Sigh..

1. "Joo Won is not A lister."

Okay.What is the definition of A lister then? To have famous dramas? To have strong fan base? If you say both,then Joo Won has it.Honey,actually you make the greatest mistake of calling him non A-lister and comparing him with those "stars". Joo Won,the moment he becomes actor,has already stated that he wants longevity instead of popularity.This can be seen through his drama choices and the way he lives as a public figure.That's why you will not see much about him unless he has projects.If that prevents him from getting frame,why not? He acts for the arts and passion and that,we,his fans understand it.We lay low most of the time(like him),we will not attack other actors,be keyboard warrior unnecessarily or sometimes even to comment in most of his articles.Like @airplanegirl suggested,we are quite "old",still please do not underestimate his star power or his fan base.

2.Oh Yeon Seo having plastic surgery has nothing to do with ratings. In fact,Joo Won being A lister or not have nothing to do with ratings also.It is based on plot,directing,acting and luck. Popularity of actors? It helps but not determining factors.Look at Moon Lovers. Almost all popular actors.What happened?We all knew.

3.The casting controversy is something that I also hate about.If that's to affect the ratings,then that's just unfortunate.I hope it is not determining factor for ratings and it shouldn't be.

Most of Joo Won fans love him deeply and that we are worried about ratings more than any other because it might determine his career after army.Still,we have 100% trust in him.If it does well,we will celebrate,if not,well..we will just accept it and watch it for our enjoyment. I know I will be first to cry and rant if it fails in ratings but I also understand that that's just life.So I hope you too will just watch it for your enjoyment. 

2 hours ago, Ma OO said:

So this kind of comment pulls me back to soompi world.Sigh..

1. "Joo Won is not A lister."

Okay.What is the definition of A lister then? To have famous dramas? To have strong fan base? If you say both,then Joo Won has it.Honey,actually you make the greatest mistake of calling him non A-lister and comparing him with those "stars". Joo Won,the moment he becomes actor,has already stated that he wants longevity instead of popularity.This can be seen through his drama choices and the way he lives as a public figure.That's why you will not see much about him unless he has projects.If that prevents him from getting frame,why not? He acts for the arts and passion and that,we,his fans understand it.We lie low most of the time(like him),we will not attack other actors,be keyboard warrior unnecessarily or sometimes even to comment in most of his articles.Like @airplanegirl suggested,we are quite "old",still please do not underestimate his star power or his fan base.

2.Oh Yeon Seo having plastic surgery has nothing to do with ratings. In fact,Joo Won being A lister or not have nothing to do with ratings also.It is based on plot,directing,acting and luck. Popularity of actors? It helps but not determining factors.Look at Moon Lovers. Almost all popular actors.What happened?We all knew.

3.The casting controversy is something that I also hate about.If that's to affect the ratings,then that's just unfortunate.I hope it is not determining factor for ratings and it shouldn't be.

Most of Joo Won fans love him deeply and that we are worried about ratings more than any other because it might determine his career after army.Still,we have 100% trust in him.If it does well,we will celebrate,if not,well..we will just accept it and watch it for our enjoyment. I know I will be first to cry and rant if it fails in ratings but I also understand that that's just life.So I hope you too will just watch it for your enjoyment. 

1. Relax! I think alot of people have different definitions of what an A-lister is. The names that often come to mind first are Lee Minho and Kim Soo Hyun, just cause they have such a young fanbase. And honestly, they tend to do rom-coms which is what attracts the younger Intl/Kor fans.

2. A drama may not pull high ratings immediately, but if it remains interesting enough, and catches the viewers attention, it may end up pulling high ratings by the time the drama ends. 

3. The casting controversy is just unfortunate. But at the same time, the ones to blame are the station, and the ones who protested that they wanted Oh Yeon Seo to play the role. The poor rookie who won the role, was dragged through the mud, and SBS had no choice but to ask Oh Yeon Seo to play the role instead. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀 | Joo Won, Oh Yeon Seo, Lee Jung Shin, Kim Yoon Hye | Premieres Today 5.29.17 10 PM KST

As Joo Won's fan, we survived through Tomorrow Cantabile so this time around I am not as worried about the ratings. Rating high or low, I know I will always be impressed by his acting.

Today is the D-day! Yay! Can't wait to see our Gyun Woo :wub:

On 5/28/2017 at 0:51 AM, glee77 said:

Screenshot_2017_05_27_21_00_38.pngI am sorry if I over-reacted, it's just that I'm too excited about this drama, and I don't want anything to go wrong :)

On other news, I was just seeing now that viu has MSG listed as "right after Korea" while other shows are listed 4-12 hours after Korea.

Does that mean that viu wiill have subs ready immediately since it's a pre-produced show? If yes that would be great :)

It will be broadcasted in One Tv Asia channel at the same time as Korea with English subtitle.. If you have access of that channel , you don't need to wait for others.

Sadly we do not have this channel and also I have not found any online streaming site that streams this channel. :(

Anneyeong :wink: I am from Malaysia & I just watched the 1st episode just now via Astro ONE HD which air the episode the same time as Korea. The 1st episode is so funny .. I can't wait for tomorrow episode.

Archived