[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

News bites: August 6, 2016 

by awcoconuts | August 6, 2016 | 28 Comments

JungWoongIn_SohnChangMin1.jpg

The sageuk reboot of My Sassy Girl has added two villains to its cast. Jung Woong-in (Monster, Sweet Savage Family) is a charismatic politician and influential member of the royal court who had a hand in overthrowing the former queen. He’s a cold man who won’t hesitate to dispose of a royal to retain his power. Sohn Chang-min (My Daughter Kim Sa-wol) is a king who wants to preserve the dignity of the monarchy, but Jung and his group have him under their thumbs and Sohn is nothing more than the royal court’s lackey. My Sassy Girl will be 100% pre-produced and released simultaneously in Korea, China and Japan. Filming will begin in September. [Joongang]

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/news-bites-august-6-2016/

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Jung-shin, Jung Da-bin join My Sassy Girl

by javabeans | August 12, 2016 | 11 Comments

sassygirl-2.jpg

Finally, we’re moving on in the casting process for SBS’s sageuk drama remake of My Sassy Girl, which seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time casting its lead actress (and then changing its mind in the end anyway). Now the drama is adding CNBLUE’s Lee Jung-shin (Cinderella and the Four Knights), who’s reportedly very close to finalized, as well as child actress Jung Da-bin (Flower in Prison, She Was Pretty).

read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/lee-jung-shin-jung-da-bin-join-my-sassy-girl/

• 2 weeks later...

SBS responds to controversy surrounding 'My Sassy Girl' casting

Spoiler

oh-yeon-seo,kim-hyun-joo,kim-yoon-hye

Through an official statement released on August 23, SBS claimed that it did not actively participate or discuss the promotions, casting process, and general planning for upcoming historical drama 'My Sassy Girl,' a remake of the 2001 movie of the same name. 

Recently, the drama was caught up in a controversy for suddenly dropping Kim Hyun Joo, the actress who was supposed to play the female lead in 'My Sassy Girl,' and going for the more established Oh Yeon Seo.  

SBS stated, "RaemongRaein and H.Brothers, the companies in charge of producing 'My Sassy Girl,' used Midas Entertaining's all-cast site to hold an 'online public audition' with the aim of selecting the actress that will be playing opposite the male lead. However, SBS never officially participated in or discussed matters related to promotions and the planning or procedures of the online casting event. "

SEE ALSO: Oh Yeon Seo in talks for lead role on 'My Sassy Girl' + producers comment on Kim Joo Hyun's leave

SBS further stated, "With the drama production company's unilateral operation of the online casting, the breadth for application qualifications broadened excessively in scope, causing the adverse effect of unqualified people to apply [for the role] in mass numbers. When the public noted this adverse effect, the management agencies in charge of securing volunteers for the female lead role did not support the online casting," explaining that they had promised nothing regarding the casting procedures. 

SBS also addressed the netizens' 45% score, stating, "One applicant had appeared in a drama right before the online casting event, so a majority of netizen votes went to her, and for the actresses without much acting experience, they earned votes based on their currently existing fan base, negating the guarantee for fairness. The faults and the non-transparency of this audition process was clearly exposed through the netizen screening. The actress who was selected through a [physical] audition actually earned a score that was 20% lower than the actress who was selected as the first choice in the netizen screening." 

Further, SBS headquarter employee Producer Oh Jin Seok relayed, "We cannot select a female lead that will secure the completion of 'My Sassy Girl' through a faulty audition process such as an online audition casting, and because we judged that we cannot uphold the means of discovering new talent through such a publicized process, we did not participated at all in the audition procedure conducted by the external production companies." 

A drama rep also clarified the rumors that Kim Yoon Hye is now the female lead, saying, "Nothing is confirmed. We're still in the discussion stages." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/sbs-responds-to-controversy-surrounding-my-sassy-girl-casting

Time to stare. Joo Won! When he looks so hot, dapper, and dashing in a suit and tie. Like a boss! <3

And jongski asks... why are you doing a saeguk..Sassy Girl?! why can't it be a  wonderful brilliant modern drama to see that acting skills again?!  But please not like Yong Pal! 

Cq_-E4VW8AI1gq_.jpg

Spoiler

Pic credit: kimkoy/joowonth

Cq_-E5pXYAE-Yvp.jpg

Cq_-E5FWEAAjft9.jpg

Spoiler

credit:blue2be

CrGGijkVMAQyQfK.jpg

Cqt3JEkUMAAETBH.jpg

Spoiler

cr: formoteam

CrGGjCBVUAIzD2a.jpg

CrGGwYoUEAAysWe.jpg

1 hour ago, jongski said:

@mrdimples Yes I'll be here. Why do you think they choose it as Saeguk?  Well I just hope I don't drop this :)

I guess they chose to set it in saeguk because it's the easiest to differentiate from the movie MSG. On the flip side, sassy Joseon girls are quite hard to imagine. Let's see how they handle this aspect. 

As with any drama, writing is the most important, followed closely by directing. We have two awesome leads and supporting cast as well. I really like OYS in Come Back Ahjussi and even way back in My Husband Has Another Family/You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly. I am so glad she's the Sassy Girl although I feel totally bad for Kim Hyun Joo. It's not OYS's fault though, I hope all the negativity will clear by the time the drama airs. Which is very far away! 

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

cr JW DC

Wow....... !!!! Me likeeyyy. Waiting now for sassy girl to have fierce bickering with not-so-sassy-but-cute-boy. Hope the romance department sizzles... with exceptional lip locking....This is lalaland after all....  kekeke .

( Errmmm.... had to change my profile pix to fit in with the wedding vibe. Windy Hill is too far from Pyung Chang Dong.. I may be too late for the ceremony)

Spoiler

1472719487_zps7kvlia6j.png

Archived