[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the explanation, @fourleafclover and @lavender2love!

I haven't actually watched this drama in its entirety yet, just the raw clips that SBS uploaded on YouTube each week as well as frequenting Dramabeans and this forum for plot updates. (I usually don't mind spoilers, so don't avoid these things when they come)

That being said, the one thing I could add is that anyone out there who could read hanja/Chinese characters would probably have figured this out before it was revealed in full - because the title of the broadside ("The Blind Mother...") appears several times in flashbacks, dream sequences, etc., most notably in the scene where GW falls down the hill after saving Ghost Mask. The flashback shown there, although patchy, clearly shows his child self writing the same characters :wink:

I know this is in the episode just before the big reveal - but can that count as an Easter Egg?

6 hours ago, staygold said:

@lavender2love You covered all the bases regarding GW's letter! B) I couldn't possibly explain it any better than you already have!

You are very wise @staygold you were recapping the very scene . I just thought of you all before I went to back read the pages.

Then some of you were discussing the Blind Mother " and @packmule3 , I think, explained where the Blind Mother quote came from. She traced the quote.

Meanwhile I was all blur . Honestly I have no idea who the Blind Mother is even now....... Hehe.....  I even got all the cast all mixed up.... CP, BSH, PCW, WM, KS ,YS..... so Ghost Mask was erroneously attached to anyone of them. < head slaps >

“The blind mother ruins everything. A foolish mother ruins the king, the people, and the government. The nation’s mother is ill-mannered and is bereft of every speck of shame. Who should the poor look up to? The truth must be disclosed to the world, and sinners must be punished.”

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

Thanks for the explanation, @fourleafclover and @lavender2love!

I haven't actually watched this drama in its entirety yet, just the raw clips that SBS uploaded on YouTube each week as well as frequenting Dramabeans and this forum for plot updates. (I usually don't mind spoilers, so don't avoid these things when they come)

That being said, the one thing I could add is that anyone out there who could read hanja/Chinese characters would probably have figured this out before it was revealed in full - because the title of the broadside ("The Blind Mother...") appears several times in flashbacks, dream sequences, etc., most notably in the scene where GW falls down the hill after saving Ghost Mask. The flashback shown there, although patchy, clearly shows his child self writing the same characters :wink:

Who is the blind mother ? It got us all confused. The same regarding Choon Phoong. He was cleverly written as a red herring but it gave us so much merriment guessing wildly.

Again ..... unable to read the real message hidden in the hollow of the brush pen but it held an important message and absolved the dethroned Queen.

Most viewers remember Choon Phong / Summer Breeze vividly because he had such a mystery about him . We were not sure whether he was a friend or foe. Nevertheless he was a pleasant surprise. Whoaaa..... for this question I backtracked so many pages.... memories. they were so good and amazing. It's interesting to note that people are still watching MSG.

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

I know this is in the episode just before the big reveal - but can that count as an Easter Egg?

I really love these trees with their bare branches . They are so scenic like nature painted whimsical pictures . You can see beauty in the texture of the bark, the stark spreading branches against the calm sky. I see poetry.

So handsome GW.

20066067_1257977187658077_37566171800833

20067376_301544626922721_373135523901027

20398760_192393131298928_718837388727969

@ricerascal67please give us your views about the blind mother? Or maybe another topic? Take a break from ninja-ing okay ?

The last look of Lieut kang in MSG. He did a lot of running and chasing but is often overlooked by viewers. Actually Lee Jung Shing acted well in MSG.... loyal, intelligent, excellent swordsman and dedicated. His secret crush for princess is touching. I wonder in this picture if he got together with the female admirer who was stalking him.

The second clip is an updated video clip of our Lieut Kang all sassy in modern clothes. He really is so different from his officer persona. He realliy is entertaining playing the guitar.

DHShdJDV0AA5LKo.jpg

Exchanging his sword for a guitar. And he doesn't have to wear his gat anymore. haha....Our boy could be serenading princess with his talent. Very good lieutenant !!!

21 hours ago, lavender2love said:

Revisiting the couple kiss. .... reciprocal is being in love.

BTW @kao914 what are your 3 favourite scenes? Would love to hear from you. Don't worry about a sketchy watch.... general impressions are fine 

I just finished watching it today. They are a super cute couple <3 <3 the scenes I like the most are 

1/ the last scene at the end when he hugs her and turns around. ( soooo cuteeee ) 

2/ their kisses in the garden, when he realizes how the princess worries about him.

3/ When he rejects to translate the prince's proposal. lol . He is so brave, so cute, so jealous, so lovely at that moment. haha, He should give his hair pin to the princess, by the way, he has more beautiful pink hair pin than the Qing prince's white pin

Excellent choices @kao914.  Indeed they are very cute. Thank you for sharing . I wish you had been with us while the show was going on . It was so fun discussing . Nevertheless much appreciated for your choices.

The ones you picked made us smile , squeal and applaud. Other favourite scenes are the bridge scene, the master dog with the couple, princess head dropping on GW's head under the tree at night, the stinky fish, the chicken feet, Prince Wonja........ etc .. etc...

Even the BARFING scene.... !!!

Do share more of your thoughts if you want . I'll be here.

12 hours ago, kao914 said:

I just finished watching it today. They are a super cute couple <3 <3 the scenes I like the most are 

1/ the last scene at the end when he hugs her and turns around. ( soooo cuteeee ) 

2/ their kisses in the garden, when he realizes how the princess worries about him.

3/ When he rejects to translate the prince's proposal. lol . He is so brave, so cute, so jealous, so lovely at that moment. haha, He should give his hair pin to the princess, by the way, he has more beautiful pink hair pin than the Qing prince's white pin

15 hours ago, kao914 said:

Yay..... !!! Revisited the scenes again and got the subtitled version. And GW's  pink hairpin

Okay, I admit this is not entirely relevant to "My Sassy Girl", since it predates the show by about a year. However, I thought this drawing of Oh Yeon Seo was too beautiful not to share:

The artist (Seo Il Hwan) has portraits of a lot of Korean celebrities on their Instagram, but I haven't had a chance to scroll through and see if any other MSG cast members are in their portfolio.

Yo...... sassypants !!! I see some are still having a look in. The lastest drop-ins..... @packmule3, @ricerascal67, @kittyna @kao914. Miss you all. @flutterby06 has completely disappeared and @staygold is hanging out in the King's palace probably spazzing at alternate couples and riding out the fan wars over their fave couple.  August had been such a busy month for me but here I am. Happy September to dramaland viewers.

Thanks @kittyna for sharing the beautiful drawings. I like yours and gerrytan's too..... all so nicely done. ( will pop in to JW soon )

This fan hasn't stopped making video clips. Thanks keijoowon.

Yoohoo! I"m still here, @lavender2love.

Image result for sassy girl joo won gif

Although I'm not adding any new insights because I'm missing some marbles lately. :D

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, my fellow sassypants.  Let's meet again (SOON!) in another thread. Tell me what you're watching and I'll put it on my drama list. :)

Was this an iconic Gaksital moment for JW? This mask removal? lol. 

I just did a post on Joo Won's thread about the many child actors who have played younger versions of his characters, and decided to share this graphic I put together showing Jeon Jin Seo (mini Gyun Woo) and Joo Won (adult Gyun Woo) side by side:

2b98612db1694a4ce775569e3c4fe569.jpg&key

If you want to read my whole post and see images of the other child actors as well, you can do so by clicking on the link below:

• 4 months later...

Hello :blush: I just finished watching this amazing drama. I enjoyed watching it from the start till the end; Oh Yeon Seo is hilarious. The two leads really has a great chemistry. Both are pretty and handsome, and they both have dimples. Cuties! I was ecstatic watching their scenes, whether its a romantic or a funny scene. Honestly, because I'm really fond of the two leads, I felt unsatisfied because there are only 3 kissing scenes (considering 2 of those are just smack kisses). HAHAHA :joy: I also want them to release some lovey dovey behind the scenes, but I think there are none, since during their shooting, I think Joo Won is already committed. (pls correct me if I'm wrong) Sad :dissapointed_relieved: :heartbreak: Despite all of that, I still ship the two of them. Waiting for Joo Won to finish his military service in 2019, and for both of them to reunite in a drama. Hopefully, something can flourish romantically between the two of them in real life. Fingers crossed! :heart:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, cylalala said:

Hello :blush: I just finished watching this amazing drama. I enjoyed watching it from the start till the end; Oh Yeon Seo is hilarious. The two leads really has a great chemistry. Both are pretty and handsome, and they both have dimples. Cuties! I was ecstatic watching their scenes, whether its a romantic or a funny scene. Honestly, because I'm really fond of the two leads, I felt unsatisfied because there are only 3 kissing scenes (considering 2 of those are just smack kisses). HAHAHA :joy: I also want them to release some lovey dovey behind the scenes, but I think there are none, since during their shooting, I think Joo Won is already committed. (pls correct me if I'm wrong) Sad :dissapointed_relieved: :heartbreak: Despite all of that, I still ship the two of them. Waiting for Joo Won to finish his military service in 2019, and for both of them to reunite in a drama. Hopefully, something can flourish romantically between the two of them in real life. Fingers crossed! :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QexZEE5OTtshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPI3kRWdIBA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKfJXnKu1cA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve-RMVSHwg0

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018/2/8 at 1:26 AM, keyboard88 said:

Joo Won and his girlfriend broke up last year already

On 2018/1/25 at 1:31 AM, cylalala said:

Joo Won and his girlfriend broke up last year already

• 4 months later...

I have just finished this drama and I enjoyed it very much. But I have just one question that I'd be glad if some of you would kindly answer me. (I'm sorry if this issue has been discussed before)

So here is the prince of Qing dynasty who came to propose to Princess Hyemyung

df68b807-04de-4723-b751-60e36370150f.png

From many C-dramas I watch in the past, the Qing dynasty people often have front-shaved and ponytail in the back

The prince of Qing dynasty in this drama is more resemble to the Ming dynasty than Qing dynasty (in history)

politics_of_men_s_hair_in_chinese_histor

Please, anyone cares to shed light this matter for me!?

• 1 year later...

Enjoying this series so much because of Joo Won...Enjoy watching his series
As I watch this series My Sassy Girl...one character I really want to grab by the neck and bring to the doctor and ask the doctor to permanently sew the mouth is Gyun-Woo sister Gyun-Hee...her mouth does not keep secrets...she is worst than her mother mainly because Gyun-Hee cannot tell what should be said and what should be kept within the family...She plays the "cute little girl" behavior but all in the wrong direction.  Ouch...it is just so painful to watch her causing trouble whether unknowingly or knowingly.  Each time she appears and rattles her mouth...i want to reach for her neck and plaster her mouth...
Still quite a few more episodes and I am close to wishing "death" upon Gyun-Hee

Overall this is a fantastic series to watch and I know I will re-watch it once I get over the irritating Gyun-Hee

Archived