[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

16 hours ago, irenetan said:

New K-Drama 'W' To Have Lee Jong Suk And Han Hyo Joo As Main Leads [PICS]

Not much about "W" is known so far except that it is a romantic melodrama. But we are convinced that we will see Lee Jong Suk charm the female lead Han Hye Joo like he charmed actress Park Shin Hye on "Pinocchio." 

Are you excited about Lee Jong Suk's comeback drama "W"? Tell us in the comments below!

Source: http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/83064/20160406/new-k-drama-w-to-have-lee-jong-suk-and-han-hyo-joo-as-main-leads-pics.htm

I laughed so hard on that sentence wth was the writer thinking  :w00t: Facepalm 

@foraileex  Hi & Welcome here :)

no W won't be prepoduced but they ll start filming early so they can be ahead in filming nd won't be pressured by time ..nd that as HHJ said in the article will give enough time for W team to make  a  high quality drama

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rania Zeid said:

I laughed so hard on that sentence wth was the writer thinking of :w00t: Facepalm 

@Rania Zeid :blink:???

Perhaps the writer meant to say that they'll have great chemistry on the filming set? :w00t:  ... which I'm sure they will, given both their personalities. 

Spoiler

Or the writer is the one who was captivated by Jong Suk's charm? As you can see from the link, she posted many pictures of Jong Suk in the article (which I didn't include here). 

Maybe you can leave your 1st comment for the writer in the article and ask her what's on her mind? :lol:

Actually, I'm quite worried about the competition too. I have very high expectation of this drama. If not too greedy, I want it to be the best k-drama of the year (not only for us, but also for audiences in Korea and worldwide). I hope it'll be a breakthrough for both Lee Jong Suk & Han Hyo Joo to prove their worth as actor/ actress and soar to greater heights in their career! 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

U R welcome well a friend of mine helped me with the trans i just sent her the article ahahahaha

till now we only hear good things abt the drama which makes me more nd more relieved 

oh i see..thanks to your friend then:)...and yeah!hopefully W would live up to its spectators  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw1z-Mt_BDgrRezHp1PA3

• Like 5

1 hour ago, irenetan said:

@Rania Zeid :blink:???

Perhaps the writer meant to say that they'll have great chemistry on the filming set? :w00t:  ... which I'm sure they will, given both their personalities. 

Hide contents

Or the writer is the one who was captivated by Jong Suk's charm? As you can see from the link, she posted many pictures of Jong Suk in the article (which I didn't include here). 

Maybe you can leave your 1st comment for the writer in the article and ask her what's on her mind? :lol:

Actually, I'm quite worried about the competition too. I have very high expectation of this drama. If not too greedy, I want it to be the best k-drama of the year (not only for us, but also for audiences in Korea and worldwide). I hope it'll be a breakthrough for both Lee Jong Suk & Han Hyo Joo to prove their worth as actor/ actress and soar to greater heights in their career! 

hahahaahahahah hope that what the writer meant 

praying that all ur wishes come true cz they are similar to mine hhhh i also have high expectation that W will be pretty good on all levels regardless of ratings :)

• Like 5

‘W’ Character Description (?)

Source: Weibo
Translation: Since I can’t find the Korean source, take this with a large grain of salt please.

Oh Hyun-joo (female, 30yo, resident medical intern at hospital)

One day, Hyunjoo receives a series of urgent calls from a senior doctor they call ‘Crazy Dog’. She rushes back to the emergency room but finds the senior doctor missing. It was Park Joo-bom, his father’s chief assistant, who is looking for her. Hyunjoo’s dad is Oh Sung-woo, a comic book artist who is so famous that every person in Korea knows him. Joo-bum tells Hyunjoo that her father has gone missing.

This particular day is the deadline to hand in the draft for the final chapter of ‘W’, the megahit manhwa that has been publishing for more than ten years. The whole country is waiting with bated breath at what ending will await the main character, Kang Chul… yet Sung-woo has vanished into thin air on this momentous day.

Hyunjoo rushes to Sung-woo’s office, where Joo-bom is waiting for her. He tells Hyunjoo that her father had once said that he was going to kill off Kang Chul in the final chapter. When Hyun-joo sees what is on her father’s computer monitor, she is shocked.

What she sees is a picture of Kang Chul covered in blood from multiple stab wounds, lying on the floor. The image sent chills through her body; for one moment, she felt as if Kang Chul’s death is even more important than her father’s disappearance. It’s not hard to imagine what readers would feel when they saw this ending.

Could it be that someone knew about the ending and decided to kidnap her father?

At that moment, Kang Chul opened his eyes. Hyunjoo feels as if someone was tugging on her sleeve. At first she thought it was caught on the drawer, but what grabbed onto her was a man’s had, drenched in blood.

The next thing she knows, Hyunjoo is pulled into the monitor, and into Kang Chul’s world.

Kang Chul (male, 35yo, risk manager and investor, Olympian gold medalist at competitive shooting)

Kang Chul was first known to the world 18 years ago since he was the son of famous Olympic Shooting athlete Kang Hyun-joong and won a medal for air-rifle shooting himself. He later gave up on the sport to study computer engineering at an elite university.

One day, his parents, grandmother and younger sister all passed away in a shockingly cruel murder case. Although Chul was able to escape death, he also became a prime suspect in the case. After a year of being detained in jail and interrogated in court, his life was completely ruined. Although he was found to be innocent, Chul left school and disappeared.

After 10 years, everyone has long forgotten about the case and Kang Chul came into the public eye again as a successful businessman.

Olympic medalist, genius computer engineer student, tragic family background, his name still not totally cleared of murder… he went through all this and became the youngest chaebol in Korea. Kang Chul’s life is too dramatic and unrealistic, it is a heroic tale that can only exist in movies or comic books.

Some people criticize that he came to fame through developing a game that has caused some social problems, there are even some who still think he murdered his own family. Perhaps to answer these queries, after his company’s stock was issued and he earned his fortune, Chul set up a professional detective channel called ‘W’.

Inspired by how corrupt and useless the police were 10 years ago, this broadcast channel has its own investigative team that looks into cases. Chul even issued a prize of 10 billion won to the person who can find his families’ murderer. ‘W’ created a frenzy where everyone began looking for the killer and also worshipping their new hero, Kang Chul.

One day, Kang Chul received a call from his most trusted person, an ex-prosecutor named Han Sung-hoon (42, male), which said he had found a deciding witness. This was also the day Kang Chul will meet Oh Hyunjoo.

Kang Chul arranged a meeting with this anonymous witness at Hotel H at 10pm. Suddenly, someone ran towards him with a knife and started stabbing him; just when he thought he was going to die for no reason like his family…

Eng trans by : hitoritabi

• Like 10

Woah!!! That character description was soooo interesting!!! I need more lol xD

My anticipation for this drama is increasing so much!!! :D

It looks like Han Hyo Joo is going to be sucked into Kang Chul's world and she might be stuck there (that's what I think).

I thought she would be able to jump in between two worlds but I was wrong xD

And Lee Jong Suk is going to be older than Han Hyo Joo? That's very interesting...

I wonder who's gonna be casted as 'Han Sung Hoon' and 'Park Joo Bom'.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, VIP_Cake said:

Woah!!! That character description was soooo interesting!!! I need more lol xD

My anticipation for this drama is increasing so much!!! :D

It looks like Han Hyo Joo is going to be sucked into Kang Chul's world and she might be stuck there (that's what I think).

I thought she would be able to jump in between two worlds but I was wrong xD

And Lee Jong Suk is going to be older than Han Hyo Joo? That's very interesting...

I wonder who's gonna be casted as 'Han Sung Hoon' and 'Park Joo Bom'.

yeh didn't swallow that JS will a 35 year old in the drama :D hope they r kidding .. :D

anyways the above description is unofficial nd we dunno how accurate it is 

can't stop smiling abt the 35 yrs thingy :D 

but the story seems so damnnn interestiing 

• Like 5

Woah!!!so damn interesting!if this synopsis would come to pass i guess i won't be able to hold my hopes up that this drama is going to be a hit!...i mean the title W alone is soooooo cachy and very intriguing and having Jong Suk & Hyo Joo as leads and with a synopsis like this(though as warn of course i took this with a large grain of salt) then as the song goes i couldn't ask for more but to have a strong and solid supporting cast!...also i hope they'll stick to the title W aside from very intriguing i find it very distinct and the shortest drama title i have ever encounter!:D

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, chyantrils25 said:

Woah!!!so damn interesting!if this synopsis would come to pass i guess i won't be able to hold my hopes up that this drama is going to be a hit!...i mean the title W alone is soooooo cachy and very intriguing and having Jong Suk & Hyo Joo as leads and with a synopsis like this(though as warn of course i took this with a large grain of salt) then as the song goes i couldn't ask for more but to have a strong and solid supporting cast!...also i hope they'll stick to the title W aside from very intriguing i find it very distinct and the shortest drama title i have ever encounter!:D

agree... the title seems more interesting  now that we know what 's the meaning behind it 

• Like 4

Guest Sandy5959

Finally be able to post sth here, thank u so much Soompi' bugs :mellow:

So now we have some description bout the lead characters, although it's unofficial but at least we will have sth to spazz during these silent and boring times :sweatingbullets: Tbh, the synopsis is FREAKING AWESOME that makes me go wild hahahahaha :lol: I must prepare tissue from now on and need CPR every Wed and Thurs since July 6 LOL Is Mr.Bean around here? Hahahaha :lol:

But one of the most important things now is the casting but MBC still remain tight-lipped ab it.. Maybe they plan to release the confirmation of all the casts at the same time? You'd better make it faster MBC cuz I'm running out of patient here LOL 

July... when will it come... 

I wonder if the title 'W' has a bigger meaning behind it. Or is it just a word that Kang Chul picked randomly for their detective channel xD

And I still can not get over that Lee Jong Suk will be older than Han Hyo Joo xD

I really thought Lee Jong Suk would be around early-thirties and Han Hyo Joo would be around mid-thirties but I was wrong :3

I really love the title though. 'W' sounds very unique :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sandy5959 said:

Finally be able to post sth here, thank u so much Soompi' bugs :mellow:

So now we have some description bout the lead characters, although it's unofficial but at least we will have sth to spazz during these silent and boring times :sweatingbullets: Tbh, the synopsis is FREAKING AWESOME that makes me go wild hahahahaha :lol: I must prepare tissue from now on and need CPR every Wed and Thurs since July 6 LOL Is Mr.Bean around here? Hahahaha :lol:

But one of the most important things now is the casting but MBC still remain tight-lipped ab it.. Maybe they plan to release the confirmation of all the casts at the same time? You'd better make it faster MBC cuz I'm running out of patient here LOL 

July... when will it come... 

and i was wondering what took u so long ahahhahah

sure it l be confirmed cast they don't have time for the considering the role thingy

hopefully we will hear smthin next week -_-

22 minutes ago, VIP_Cake said:

I wonder if the title 'W' has a bigger meaning behind it. Or is it just a word that Kang Chul picked randomly for their detective channel xD

And I still can not get over that Lee Jong Suk will be older than Han Hyo Joo xD

I really thought Lee Jong Suk would be around early-thirties and Han Hyo Joo would be around mid-thirties but I was wrong :3

I really love the title though. 'W' sounds very unique :D

in the official 2 lines synopsis they said male nd female in their 30s nd didn't mention exact age.. so hopefully they ll keep it this way :D

no need to mention the age if he s goin to be 35 hhh altho i do think that JS will still look like he s now when he reaches 35 hhhh some people don't age :blush:

• Like 5

Oh my goodness!! The story sounds AMAZING!!!! It sounds like it's straight out of a best selling thriller novel!!! 

Eeeeeeeeeek! Can't wait to find out more!! I hope they have good cast as well.. People are already so excited about it! 

(I feel more excited for W than I am for Jade Lover!) Can't wait to see Sukie as a 35 year old :D Heheheheheh..that cutie pie looks younger than his own age! How will they manage to make him look almost ten years older :D aiiishhh.. Kyaaaaaaaaa! :D I am reading and rereading the plot again.. Can't wait can't wait can't wait!! :D

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, pinocchioAsh said:

Oh my goodness!! The story sounds AMAZING!!!! It sounds like it's straight out of a best selling thriller novel!!! 

Eeeeeeeeeek! Can't wait to find out more!! I hope they have good cast as well.. People are already so excited about it! 

(I feel more excited for W than I am for Jade Lover!) Can't wait to see Sukie as a 35 year old :D Heheheheheh..that cutie pie looks younger than his own age! How will they manage to make him look almost ten years older :D aiiishhh.. Kyaaaaaaaaa! :D I am reading and rereading the plot again.. Can't wait can't wait can't wait!! :D

hahahahaahah well as i said b4 that 35 thingy may not be accurate :^_^ it's unofficial description few things may change in the official one :D

but at least now we have an idea abt the plot nd characters ;) 

• Like 3

@Rania Zeid.. Yes! And and and the mere fact that both HHJ and Sukie are amazing actors.. Plus that kind of a script.. I almost feel like teasing my friends who are going gaga over the current dramas! I'm hoping W will surpass all my expectations.. And I know that he puts a lot of thought into choosing his projects, so it makes me even more excited.. Dying to see this one now! April and May need to fly by fast... Palli!! :D

*squeals*

• Like 4