[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

dear W citizens....lets raise our black flag to protest MBC...hiks

“W” Postponement For Rio Olympics Causes Heated Reaction

Previously, MBC posted an official statement announcing the potential cancellation of “W” in order to broadcast the Rio Olympic Games.

On August 9, they released another statement, saying, “This week’s episodes of ‘W’ will be pushed back in order to broadcast the Olympics.” MBC then listed the matches that would air instead of episodes seven and eight. They concluded their statement, saying, “After the previous match results are released, ‘W’ is scheduled to air, but it might be postponed once more. Due to the 12 hour difference between Rio and Korea, the broadcast network will make their decision in the morning.”

Viewers strongly reacted to the news, and expressed their frustrations through MBC’s main homepage, social media sites, and online communities. Comments like, “they are making a mockery of the viewers,” and “confirm the normal broadcast,” were posted on viewer community sites. On the other hand, there were some viewers who said they wanted to watch the relay broadcasting.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/08/w-postponement-causes-heated-reaction-viewers/

That's it I'm grieving now......

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

dear W citizens....lets raise our black flag to protest MBC...hiks

Previously, MBC posted an official statement announcing the potential cancellation of “W” in order to broadcast the Rio Olympic Games.

On August 9, they released another statement, saying, “This week’s episodes of ‘W’ will be pushed back in order to broadcast the Olympics.” MBC then listed the matches that would air instead of episodes seven and eight. They concluded their statement, saying, “After the previous match results are released, ‘W’ is scheduled to air, but it might be postponed once more. Due to the 12 hour difference between Rio and Korea, the broadcast network will make their decision in the morning.”

Viewers strongly reacted to the news, and expressed their frustrations through MBC’s main homepage, social media sites, and online communities. Comments like, “they are making a mockery of the viewers,” and “confirm the normal broadcast,” were posted on viewer community sites. On the other hand, there were some viewers who said they wanted to watch the relay broadcasting.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/08/w-postponement-causes-heated-reaction-viewers/

That's it I'm grieving now......

Mod edit: Do not quote pictures.

Same here :bawling::bawling::bawling: it's alright with me even just 1 episode to air but not airing anything is simply devastating i want W this week jebal

• Like 6

Came across the cute memes. ^_^ Credit to Hanhyojoo peru facebook page for putting them in one place

IMG_20160809_163220.jpg

@sakura2016 yes im so happy to be part of soompi thread, such a great W support system here. Love the ability to fangirl here without judgement, read fellow viewers insights and plot breakdown, live recaps, images, gifs, fmvs, news updates and more. Thanks everyone for making each page a great read and helps to cling on until a new ep is out. :wub:

• Like 12

I love the title of this article..I believe "W" will be as popular as DOTS..One of best dramas in 2016 :wub:

‘W’ Cements Position Further as Likely Heir Apparent of ‘Descendants of the Sun’

Lee Jong-Suk

It is becoming clearer to fans of the three Hallyus competing for the position as heir apparent of “Descendants of the Sun” when it comes to viewership that "W" is the leading contender.

The new MBC series, starring Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong-Suk, registered a 13.5 percent rating for its Episode 5 on Nielsen Korea, up by 0.6 percent from its 12.9 percent rating for Episode 4, Soompi reported on Thursday.

For the Wednesday-Thursday line-up, “Uncontrollably Fond” was in second place with 8.2 percent rating, followed by “Wanted” with 5.2 percent. With the increase in “W’s” viewers, the webtoon drama further widened its lead over the Hallyu starring Bae Suzy by 4.6 percent.

It helped “W” that Episode 5 had an interesting storyline as Kang Chul, the handsome media mogul character played by Lee Jong-Suk, broke out of the webtoon world and met his writer face-to-face.

Like “Descendants of the Sun” which mixed a war theme with medical drama, “W” also combines two genre – webtoon fantasy and romantic drama – which likely explains its rise to fame in the South Korean television landscape. If Song Hye Kyo played a surgeon in “Descendants of the Sun,” Han Hyo Joo, who portrays Oh Yeon-Joo, is also a female surgeon in her 30s who goes between the alternate world and the real world. “W,” the fantasy world, was created by her cartoonist father.

Kang Chul met Han Hyo Joo in the real world in Episode 5, seen below, according to Inquisitr, which makes it an emotional episode.

• Like 23

2 hours ago, andy78 said:

'W - Two Worlds' Episode 7, 8 may be delayed'

Aiiieeeeeeee... MBC, youuuuuuuuuuu, how can you torture us like this when tomorrow is W[ednes]day???
I've been a good girl for waiting patietly for 5 days.

• Like 9

On 8/8/2016 at 0:32 AM, i.am.bugz.funny said:

SOO BONG ~~AHHH!!!

CR:  W - Two Worlds - Korean Drama

Lol at this scene. Soo Bong-oppa, I can feel your frustration!

He is assistant in action/thriller/suspense and 'shounen manga' [sorry I don't know the Korean word for 'shounen manga'], and in that scene he has to assist shoujo manga-ka and should draw big eyes.

ANw, shoujo manga always got me thinking; what if one of the characters need to put soft lenses? Can't imagine how big the soft lenses would be... :no_mouth:

• Like 7