[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

54 minutes ago, Annie Choice said:

I hope W -Two worlds is nothing like DOTS. DOTS was the most Cheesy cliched drama that only did well because of the good looking cast, with a badly written script. It promised to do so well at times but fizzzled out.. and was constantly a drama with lost potential. W on the other hand has been extremely fast paced with realistic emotions up till now. It has a psychological thrilling angle to it, and it has a surprise element almost in every episode. 

Agreed with you . But I believe the writer from her drama before QIHM and Nine. 

Strong plot twist nothing failure but they are shocked when ending episode LOL

• Like 7

it good to see that scene of YJ dad/KC intense talking bring in 19%. that scene was 30 min. to me it seem to be like 15 cuz of how much intense it was. i dont think anyone else can play KC char as well as LJS.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN EPISODE 6.

• Like 7

“This is what I felt after reading all the books. I’m 99 times unhappier than before, but there is one good thing. I always felt like I was at a disadvantage, but then I read what was on your mind. So you better not play coy.”

tumblr_obd4o2NREs1se4lluo1_540.gif

tumblr_obd4o2NREs1se4lluo2_540.gif

tumblr_obd4o2NREs1se4lluo3_540.gif

tumblr_obd4o2NREs1se4lluo4_r1_540.gif

• Like 18

Read on weibo, someone said they say the murderer outside the window, I wonder if anyone saw him? Because I can't? If you can, can you tell me where?

And I spent the morning searching for this bookstore in the drama, I wanna go sit where he sat to read comics haha

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pluie89 said:

Do you mean the blood in his hand?  I thought it's OSM blood

It is daddy Oh blood.... That's why KC said "You're bleed in this world...I guess you're not immortal in here..." Because he remember at the roof back then when daddy Oh stab him and he fought back he able to stabbed daddy Oh back but nothing happened to him...he's not bleed or wounded...daddy Oh left the roof in shocked on what happen to him that time

• Like 4

thanks @nonski for sharing dc gifs *.* the kiss looks great though my fave part is when he makes the cute face and shake his head and leg :Dhow adorable can he get and ouch that much have hurt!

NEagbg.gif

Second fave part is when YJ's senior fights with her while doing surgery about KC's love life loool xD he even cont to fight for KC after the surgery! major fanboy :D 

will put in spoiler big captures..

Spoiler

tumblr_obcrl9ZY981qg8hfjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_obcrl9ZY981qg8hfjo2_1280.jpgtumblr_obcrl9ZY981qg8hfjo3_1280.jpgtumblr_obcrl9ZY981qg8hfjo4_1280.jpgtumblr_obcrl9ZY981qg8hfjo5_1280.jpg

lol himalayas :D they are doing the surgery!! 

then the part where he is stressed because of W and where did the romance plot come lol :D 

and: tumblr_obcjyfdsEK1unrbkao1_1280.pngtumblr_obcjyfdsEK1unrbkao2_1280.png

• Like 13

15 hours ago, shynaz said:

thats same like me thought...Thats why I say KC is more dangerous character....he just doing that without human instinct..This drama make crazy again...but why my heart still KC:heart:???

All I can say is... the Power of KDramas, my friend :glasses:

• Like 3

Yay!! dramabeans recap is up~!!

DRAMA RECAPS
W–Two Worlds: Episode 5
by girlfriday | August 3, 2016 | 227 Comments

w05-00224a.jpg

I feel like there are no rules in this drama, which is terrifying and thrilling all at once. Is this the story of a hero, or a monster? Is this drama about creating your own happy ending, or is it about discovering that real life has no such thing as neat narrative arcs, or meaning, or purpose? Really, depending on which side of the bed you woke up on today, it could feel like either extreme. Maybe happily-ever-after is just what you make of it… or maybe happy endings are a construct that never existed in the first place.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

w05-00041.jpg w05-00015.jpg

Kang Chul’s entire world literally comes to a grinding halt the second he becomes aware that he’s a manhwa character. After stepping through the mysterious webtoon frame connecting the manhwa world to the real one, Chul comes out on the other side and walks down the street in the pouring rain, still in a haze over the earth-shattering events he just witnessed.

Across the street, something catches his attention: It’s an ad for W the webtoon, with a giant image of Kang Chul plastered to the side of a bus, asking if he’ll finally catch his family’s killer. Chul is so shocked that he crosses the street in the middle of traffic, not even registering all the honking cars.

He comes face to face with his own… face… and looks stricken to see the proof so plainly, that he is a fictional character. He reaches out a shaky hand to touch the sign, like he’s still not sure that it’s real.

To dramabeans for full recap :)

W–Two Worlds: Episode 5
by girlfriday | August 3, 2016 | 227 Comments

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Agree with you eonnie.... we cannot compare each other in here...if a drama not good it won't get any recognition everywhere the illogically and absurd things happen in W is the one that attract me the most..... So both are having own special thing. I love W because the story is so fresh... Well like I quote one of our friend in here we are out of logic for shipping a cartoon character with a real world doctor... Kekekekeke call me lunatic too but I really support KC and YJ together as a couple in any world they're going to live in.

W has brilliant idea... Even it's often make me think "how that can happen?" But the writer can deliver a good story for me and nit feel weird at all.

I love love the absurdity in W .. it’s so refreshing, fresh and new … BRILLIANT … When I first read the synopsis I wonder how it gonna be like …  and the outcome is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond my expectation.

The pace is fast .. (just like the webtoon) … it has the earie feel … the ‘twilight zone series’” feeling.

I never thought that Chul would know about his true identity this fast (webtoon – OMG .. how disappointed to find out you are just a friction of someone else's imagination .. that the reason I totally feel Chul in eps 5 … how devastated to find out everything was actually a joke … a show … and here you are giving your all) ..

I wonder if he continue to live in this world or his world … how is the fight gonna be like? And now that his world has ‘stopped’ … will he be jumping into another webtoon world and help others in another webtoon? .. or will his webtoon world continue? And who is the one that would be drawing his life now? His unconscious self? .. The computer? … mother nature?

So many questions … so many interesting possibilities…

LOVE LOVE LOVE it …

• Like 7

Just finished reading girlfriday's recaps in dramabeans. Quoting her comments about yesterday's episode:

—that Kang Chul’s true creator might be Yeon-joo, not Dad—bringing a whole new dynamic into play. It hasn’t been confirmed, but if it’s true (both Dad and Yeon-joo being able to travel to Chul’s world and change the story seems to support this), this might explain the difference between Kang Chul and the other characters in his world. Everyone else was created by Dad, but maybe Chul belongs to Yeon-joo. Maybe it matters that she created him out of love because she wanted a friend or a hero, or maybe it matters that she wants sincerely for him to get a happy ending. So despite Dad’s wishes, maybe Chul is on a path to happiness because Yeon-joo wants it that way, and what she says goes?

Posted by girlfriday on August 3, 2016

This makes sense. It is because KC is originally owned by YJ, thus he can't die as YJ wishes him to have a happy ending - the exact opposite what YJ's dad wants. Both YJ's Dad and KC in this episode seems to don't understand why all of this happened. KC doesn't know all along that he tried to save himself in that Han River Bridge, while YJ's dad doesn't understand why KC acts like this and he can't end the story whatever he wants because KC keeps rejected it (but this part of YJ's dad still explainable tho because the only way to end the manhwa is to find the culprit and bring him to the justice so that KC can live a normal life). However, again what if the manhwa just ended like that? Will the manhwa world disappear then? What happened to all the people inside the manhwa world? Will it continues or will the time stopped? (It makes me think about film Source Code starring Jake Gyllenhaal that able to create another world dimension by 7 mins memory and it continues once the mission ended)

• Like 8

wow this thread moving so fast for sure :D

for me its kinda make sense for YJ dad  not knowing who the real killer is. It is a common sense to build up the character and to make reader attract to KC story itself. *just like Eeichiro Oda starts Luffy's  Journey to chase "ONE PIECE"*. He might develop the story while in progress build up the character that suit to vilian, yet what he didn't expect KC desire to life is stronger than his ability to "control" his own creation. and to me it is still a big question mark on how he can let this happen.

so far, the drama is brilliantly written, and the director puts amazing jobs to make the scripts feels so alive. :heart:

• Like 5

About the Prof/ Yeonjoo's senior in the hospital who said his wish about Kang Chul confessed his love to Sohee, I'm thinking if this what happen with Yeonjoo..

the Prof said: Kang Chul should have said 'Sohee, I haven't realized it before but the person I love is you' Then he should have confessed, kiss her and end it there

How about if later in the drama, Kang Chul said this to Yeonjoo (after all the angst ends and he captured the culprit)

'Oh Yeonjoo, ever since I met you, I know that your the key of my existence. I love you.'

then he kissed her and we will have a happy ending.. hahaha (blame to my happy feelings because I keep replaying the kiss scenes in ep 5)

anyway, I don't know if this video has been posted before or not, but I found it while looking for W videos on youtube. In this video, the one who lived in webtoon and a webtoon character is Yeonjoo.. 

The editing is really great..

• Like 12

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I just want to say that "W" is really a great drama. I'm lost at words at how good "W" is. I chose the right drama to watch ;) Episodes of "W" are getting more and more intense. "W" episodes keep getting better everytime. We can not predict what will happen next. This is what i love about "W". Perfect storyline and Perfect cast. "W" daebak!! :heart:

PS: @nonski hi chingu! So nice to see you here :)

Co_5EukUsAAKfRp.jpg

Co_0Mn7VIAQZ5OW.jpg

Kang Chul makes shocking discovery in latest episode of ‘W’

In Wednesday’s episode of MBC’s drama “W,” Kang Chul (Lee Jong-suk) finally discovered his true identity. 

Chul, a character from a virtual reality webtoon called “W,” entered the real world where he found out that he is actually just a webtoon character.

After entering reality he sees his face in an advertisement for the webtoon “W” on a bus. Shocked, Kang immediately goes to a book store where, to his dismay, he is greeted by a number of “W” books.

Kang also met Oh Yeon-joo (Han Hyo-joo), a cardiothoracic resident doctor, who has also experienced Kang’s reality after encountering the works of her father, who produced “W.”

Seeing how surprised Oh was, Kang carefully explained, “I am here, I came to your reality.”

“The world I lived in, it all stopped except me,” he further added in despair.

Then he gave Oh an abrupt kiss and said, “After reading the book, my unhappiness increased to about 99, but there was one good thing. I saw through your mind so you don’t have to act innocent,” leaving Oh confused.

“W” is a suspense melodrama that revolves around different realities that stem from the webtoon, “W.” The characters, Kang Chul and Oh Yeon-joo, encounter struggles and romance as they move in and out of different realities.

Kang is a young, rich former shooting Olympic gold medalist, and Oh is a second year cardiothoracic resident doctor whose father is the creator of “W,” who tries to kill Kang through his self-made plot.

In previous episodes, Oh realized her father’s cruel intentions and, through an unexpected docking, entered the virtual reality of “W” where she saved bleeding Kang.

The fantasy drama is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday on MBC at 10 p.m.

By Choi Hyung-won (h.c1110@heraldcorp.com)

credit: kpopherald

• Like 17