[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Just finished watching ep 5. now we know why kang cheol dare to shot yeonjoo, because he saw seungmoo immortality.

ah that old man. I get it that he's terrified and all because his webtoon doesn't follow his will. I also saw glimpse of proudness from him when he describe cheol's setup, I believe he's thinking he know all about cheol and yes, that's mostly right. But that's crazy, you know. He's doing reckless things. Provoking someone that life is crumbled because of you just because you made him and you know him thoroughly, that's not a clever move.

and dad, you should know the culprit after this long while. Can't you just think something up? Now I can't help but think about aoyama gosho, he knows the culprit, right? Right? He has happy ending for conan, right? Oh please, please.

ah is the hospital that far from the house? I kept yelling at yeonjoo because it took her so long to arrive. It's frustrating. 

• Like 12

KC is included well known cartoon characters .

Lost family from  shooting  and badly remember like Batman 

Breaking the 4th wall and connection with writers (bad relationship) like Deadpool.

The writer ,she's  fans comic right ?

I feel  interested drama more and more.

sorry my bad English 

• Like 9

Unprediction plot, the conversation betwen the writer and the character, to reveal their faith ..should we does cruel thing in someone else life..?  who are you to judge other destiny ..behalf your bad luck on your life...?  therefore you just creatur not mean you should give up your on live merely just that's your illfate...try the best to live on your life is more meaningful...So much we can interpret this scene..but the best thing is the writer still give us a humour in it...:P they are adult, how come they argue about comic in work place...lol....good this drama is really good...:wub:

• Like 9

OhGodOhGodOhGod...
Can one forget to breathe?
Because this episode [and YES, THE KISS TOO] is so intense, kinda forget to inhale and exhale.

Look at all that emotion when KC found the manhwa and read all his life on paper.

His world that he's been living crumble :bawling:
Camping here again for good. 

• Like 6

is it just me or did any one else wanted to jump through his/her laptop or tv and kill Seong Moo (finally memorised it after Kang Cheol saying it!! :P) when he said that he doesn't know who the culprit is? WHAT?!!!! I almost had a breakdown but I was hoping that he would have even the ability to make one but that too went out of the window!! Kang Cheol's ENTIRE misery is built on an unsolvable set-up!!! and then he had to make it worse with his argumants to Kang Cheol!! WHAT?!!! every webtoon's set-up has to have a traumatising event to make the hero stonger?!! and he only can be a hero if he's in pain? and why would he care to go through all that if he was happy?!! GUESS WHAT YOU DUMMY WRITER!! writers make traumatising set-ups in webtoons/animes/dramas but they leave at least to themselves a hint or a clue to be able to solve it by the end and there MUST be an END!! AND A HAPPY ENDING for all the misery the lead character went through!! you can push it but you HAVE to have it!! it's not a never ending webtoon you're making!! :angry: this is the true meaning of a lazy writing!! you want to make a webtoon but you're not that smart?!!! just make a supensful and thrilling set up and make the lead character too misyrable for peple to care for him and make sure to never end it so people won't know that you're just too dumb to end it!! you're fed up with the character? easy, kill him!!! Now we know why he never made it to be a known webtoon writer!! because HE'S THAT DUMB to be one!!! he should be thankful to Kang Cheol who was there to stop his every dumb story he wanted to make in the webtoon or he would have remained to failure webtoon artist that he is!!

I was divastated how Kang Cheol reacted to the knowledge that there is no identity for the murderer!! he couldn't find any clue because there was none from the start!! just kill me!! he was living to catch him and now his only reason to live is taken from him!! and he can't avenge his family that died only because they needed to be killed for the story and can't find a person to punish for all the pain he had to go through!! and how he told Seong Moo that if it wasn't for him he would have kept on writng the webtoon gaining more fame and wealth while he would go through an endless hell suffering from insomnia being in pain everyday trying to catch a criminal that he can't catch!! :bawling: Lee Jong Seok was jjang in that scene!! actually in every scene!! he was outstanding!! :heart:

• Like 14

11 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

FAN GIRL MODE! LOVE HHJ!

She's adorbs!

18 minutes ago, enilec_15 said:

I really think W deserved higher ratings given the leads and story plot are all so good. Hope today episode they can exceed 15%!! 

*chanting*

20!

20!

20!

• Like 6

I hope they can exceed 15%... The casts, script and director is totally perfect!!! It should be recognize in the korea!!!! 

Now we know that SM is not the hooded guy. I wonder who he is ????? 

And one more thing, I can't get enough of the Kisssssssssssss!!! 

Cr to owner 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, islandgirl866 said:

Hello everyone. New to the thread. This drama is so intense. Can't wait to see tomorrow's episode. It episodes 5 was this intense, what will we have to live through as the crew as said that episodes 7&8 were going to blow our minds.

welcome to W thread and hope we'll have a great fun sharing our llove for this great drama all of us here!! :D

I can trust that every episode of this drama will be mindblowing!! :D 

46 minutes ago, vieedha said:
so true

Heartbreaking :bawling:

SO TRUE!!!! :bawling: awww he's showing how much Yeon Joo means to him!! I'm happy but sad at the same time :bawling: I want Yeon Joo to help him finding a reason to live for and that he is himself, living by his own believes and will not under her father's controle!!!

1 hour ago, twoworldslover said:

I loved everything about this episode. Her dad is just a very bad person. I kind of think him shooting the dad is self defense since the dad keeps trying to kill him and would try again. He was even stabbed in person by him. That's so crazy. The writer is amazing! I think our heroine will understand both sides.

I love how they both can understand how each other feels in situations. He was in prison, she was in a different world, now parents being shot...

Does anybody know what her thoughts in the cartoon were? I can't read Korean and I'm so curious. But I'm not sure if they showed us many of her thoughts in the comic.

he is and I wanted to kill him myself!!! :angry: 

yes she will!! 

it' linking them more to each other!! though the father part not really!!! Kang Cheol lost ALL his family while Yeon's father won't die!!

if you mean Yeon Joo!! he's a big fan of the webtoon and Kang Cheol's character she showed all her fangirling to her professor at episode 1!! :lol:

1 hour ago, ms_kdramalover said:

me too Dr Park. especially when waiting for next wednesday and thursday episode.

saw this on tumblr... =))

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Would it be too far fetched to think that the real world is a manhwa too..

As in, we are the real audiene.. and this whole thing is a fantasy manhwa..

- Why do we get these serialized recaps at the beginning of the show ( its not like normal recap of any drama - maybe because it can get confusing for audience so narrator helps bind things.. )

- Why or how is this movement happening.. all of this is so much more acceptable only if all of this is webtoon to begun with.. about a webtoon coming to life..and two very diff world people falling in love

the serialized recaps at the beginning of the show are made to remind the viewers of what hepened in previous episodes so even new viewers won't feel out of the story and can watch the episode with better understanding!!

why do you think so?!! it's a fiction drama, and everything can be acceptable in fiction a long as they make solid rules and not contradict her through the story's flowing!!

• Like 11

5 hours ago, sharreb said:

Haha its all d light hearted conversations btwn our otp that i love best

Cucumber cool Chul is jealous? I cant help laughinh. He believes her on so many thgs

including all the outlandish ones but he doesnt believe she dont have a boyfriend. Its the second time he asked her!

Kang chul ah anytym soon u planning to make yourself THE boyfriend. Although you already call yourselg her fiance :phew::P

:D:D:D:D i had to close my mouth while laughing lol its 4am here! lol cucumber cool chul!!! :D:D 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, phenomenon said:

Just finished eng sub ep5

i cant answer myself  how KC find the house where the writer lives. Although he said he find the info on the internet but for the address... I dont know..  it shouldnt be that easy,right? 

All in all, i love the kiss scene the most

count down for ep6 

Hide contents

I think he's toooooo famous that the adress can be found!!

17 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

K-NEITZENS ARE JUST LOVING OUR OTP'S FIRST KISS (BUT TECHNICALLY 3RD LOL)

• NAVER: W CURRENTLY TRENDING AT #7
  • #1 TOP VIDEO OUT 100
  • 171,000+ VIEWS IN JUST OVER 15 HOURS
  • 2295 LIKES
  • TOP 2 COMMENTS HAVE GARNERED 1800+ UPVOTES
  • TOP 1 COMMENT: Oh overjoyed ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ ♡
  • TOP 2 COMMENT: Only 5 episodes and they kiss so often, Thank God ㅠㅠ
  • http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1023575

English Translated by: @snowglobe147 / myself

SO Happy to see much love for our great drama!! :D

the sadest kiss I ever watched!! I was crying my eyes out knowing it's his farewell kiss to her!! :bawling: I was waiting for them to kiss wit true feelings but not this way!!! I have it once I won't accept another farewell between them writer-nim!! my heart won't handle it!! :bawling:

17 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

First Place??!!!! Wahhhhhh

lovely_skham marie67 parmma Go Seung Ji thank you for sharing the ratings!! :wub: 

CONGRATULATION TO W TEAM AND TO US!!!!! *fireworks*

I hope it keeps in gaining more higher raitings with every new episode!! :D

18 hours ago, kaqueski said:

I was secretly rooting for KC to shoot the father.... He was such an annoying loser to be honest....He's extremely a bad writer too... if not for KC's will to live, his webtoon would be such a failure lolol. And to create a setup like that without the ID of criminal, it reminds me of batman stories lolol and there were tons of theories floating around regarding batman's parents killer too, lol. Those were fun times. 

Hide contents

I think the dad is dead... because there are polices at the scene and not paramedics from the preview.

I wanted to kill him myself but I didn't want Kang Cheol to shoot him for himself not for Seong Moo!! I don't want him to be a murderer or get in trouble because of such a pethetic person!! 

no!! I believe that he won't die!! Kang Cheol wan't end up a murderer!! and it's natural to have police at such an incident not necessurly to have a dead victim to come!!

18 hours ago, wunwing1 said:

today episode start on the low side cuz of the flash back.

it really pick up after KC meet YJ in the real world. the kiss scene was good.

i guess it was a surprise kiss that why HHJ didnt kiss LSK back in these last three kiss scene. atlease the writer give these two more kiss scene so that good.

i hope their next kiss scene will a passion one .

i guess now we know why KC shoot YJ cuz he know YJ cant be hurt. just like how her dad cant be hurt

if only YJ dad did not keep provoking KC. he would never get shot. KC was about to go but he keep daring KC to shoot him.that why he did.

i just hope YJ dont blame KC for shooting her dad. she know the only reason KC shoot him is cuz he keep provoking KC.

it good that the rating is up from last week.

she won't blame him!! it's obvious that she's worried and concerned about his safty a he alwats was!! she knows what really happened so no need to worry here!! :) 

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, enilec_15 said:

I really think W deserved higher ratings given the leads and story plot are all so good. Hope today episode they can exceed 15%!! 

I totally agree!!  While I'm happy the ratings keep increasing, I'm also baffled why its not higher?  I know its still early but this may just be the best drama I have ever watched!! :wub:

• Like 4

OMG I just can't believe he did that....

siN3We2.gif

CR @jeonghyang our gif Master

I feel emotionally drained after watch this episode, I just still can't believe Kang Chul shot him. Wow.... I watched about an hour ago and I'm still all crazy over this.  I just can't get over Kang Chul overriding his prime directive (or whatever Sung Moo called it) and just shot him.  Sung Moo didn't help himself with his arrogance. Part of me felt like it was justified but ayiya ..Kang Chul that was really extreme. 

@sakura2016 Chingu you were so right about Kang Chul dragging Sung Moo first through the portal.:D I was convinced it had to be another force but it's back to the drawing board for my theory.:phew:

I can't post with out writing about that kiss. Be prepared for some kiss spams this week...

a7Ur7Du.png?1

This is my first time watching Lee Joug Suk in a drama so I'm just fangirling over the way he can kiss crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif

@nonski Thanks for the rollcall

Edited by evie7
  • Like 13

OMG what a kiss...i love it.

Finaly i watched ep 5... dear chief Doctor if you are stressed out because W , Could you imagine how stressed i am? too much feelings.

Btw, I love the argument scene between YJ and Dr. chief so funny and she showed her real feelings..she wants him to fall for her OMG.    in love cute cat

Edited by camichi
  • Like 9

Hi everyone!  :blush:

Stopping by to join in the W fun! The last time I commented was on Cheese in the Trap thread. But we all know how that ended :dissapointed_relieved:

I am so happy I finally have a Drama once again to watch. A crack drama. I am super excited about the storyline, the opt, and can't wait to find out how it will end. I watched Nine before and really liked it. I rewatch the drama once in a while. I have faith in writer-nim not to disappoint us.

Also, THAT KISS! I watched while waiting for my flight and was so hot and bothered. Bad idea. I should've have watched it at home! :tongue:

Thank you to everyone one for the live recaps, the insightful analysis and the mutual and positive enjoyment of watching a drama together! <3 

• Like 10

Kiss disecting segment lol

Lol judging by JS hand position on HJ face i reckon they shot that rooftop kiss more than once.

I wonder if there's gonna be any bts. There isnt any bts released on kiss #2. 

IvQmpoC.gif

Ps YJ looks so pretty here. Her cheeks are glowy.

Thus far theres 3 kisses in 6 episodes (assuming no kisses in ep6) so avg of a kiss evy 2 episodes. Ep7 & 8 supposingly good episodes should have a 4th kiss (a 5th if we r super lucky. Fangal mode totall on)

sebnem     4,139

• sebnem
  • Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 9 minutes ago · 

5 hours ago, sharreb said:

Haha its all d light hearted conversations btwn our otp that i love best

Cucumber cool Chul is jealous? I cant help laughinh. He believes her on so many thgs

including all the outlandish ones but he doesnt believe she dont have a boyfriend. Its the second time he asked her!

Kang chul ah anytym soon u planning to make yourself THE boyfriend. Although you already call yourselg her fiance :phew::P

:D:D:D:D i had to close my mouth while laughing lol its 4am here! lol cucumber chul!!! :D:D

lol @sebnem i cant help it. KC is so calm even aft being slapped kissed flashed at. Even aft rooftop kiss hes calm and smily while YJ is flushed and flustered. So cucumber -ish. Lol Hence Cucumber Chul nickname is born

• Like 10

4 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

IM SO PROUD!!! :bawling: THESE ARE TEARS OF JOY!!!

W's Complete Ratings!

Nielsen AGB Rating

W- Two Worlds, National, 3rd:  13.5%                      W-Two Worlds, Seoul, 3rd : 14.3%

TNMS Rating

W - Two Worlds, National, 3rd: 15.1%                      W - Two Worlds, Seoul, 1st: 17.8%

ikr chingu! @lovely_skham i woke up to this and i'm so happy!

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Late to the watching party.  Work got in the way. Just finished raw. There were two conversations that struck me, so I'm posting translations of them.

The first is of the exchange between Yeon Joo and her senior surgeon after they finish their operation. The funniest conversation of the episode. I've put it under a spoiler since it's a lengthy exchange. 

Reveal hidden contents

Surgeon: Where are you going?

Yeon Joo: Yes?

Surgeon: I said that after we finished, we would talk. Did you forget?

Yeon Joo: I didn’t forget…

Surgeon: Then what are you doing? Come here.

Yeon Joo: Right now? There is someone waiting for me outside, professor.

Surgeon: Oh Yeon Joo. One. Two. (YJ scampers over to him.) Yah, you already didn’t have a lot of sense, but I started thinking of when you started acting completely brainlessly was exactly from when I told you that I was a fan of W. From then on, you acted as if you wished. How dare you use your father’s fame!

Yeon Joo: It’s not like that.

Surgeon: What do you mean it’s like that? And, now that we’ve started talking about it, I started reading that comic for no useful purpose, and now my stress is no joke. What is your father doing anyway? I mean, why instead of trying to find the real culprit, has it become an impossible romance? What is this, pushing aside his work and everything? 

Yeon Joo: It could be like that, couldn’t it? 

Surgeon: What did you say?

Yeon Joo: Well, how could a person do nothing but work? That seems to me to be more of a problem. The hero can fall in love. No matter how important his revenge is, there could be a time when love enters his eyes first. Kang Chul is a person as well.

Surgeon: Right now, just because I criticized your father, are you going against me?

Yeon Joo: No, I’m not.

Surgeon: Also, how is that love? That’s just a “some.” You said it yourself, that it was just a “some” between Kang Chul and the mutt character that has your name. 

Yeon Joo: It could be love. Why are you insisting that it isn’t love?

Surgeon: Ushiigoo…(sound of exasperation)

Yeon Joo: How does that look like a “some” to you. It doesn’t look like that to me.

Surgeon: Yah. What has he done? He hasn’t said anything at all to her. Has he ever told her that he loves her?

Yeon Joo: Well, do you always have to spit the words out directly to know?

Surgeon: Then how do you know? How do you know?!

Yeon Joo: I know, but I’m not going to tell you.

Nurse: Oh! It sounds as if she’s heard something.

Surgeon: Is it like that? Our Kang Chul and that mutt girl character aren’t going to get together, are they? (seeing YJ’s face then) No, that can’t be. That can’t be. I’m going to go completely crazy. That absolutely can’t be.

Yeon Joo: Why? Why does that make you go completely crazy?

Surgeon: Does that make sense? He has to marry Yoon So Hee, that’s the right thing.

Yeon Joo: Why does he have to marry Yoon So Hee?

Surgeon: Yah, they’ve been together for 10 years since they were high schoolers, so getting married is the obvious thing.

Yeon Joo: No, it’s not obvious at all. Just because they hung out together, do they have to get married? Why makes you think Kang Chul likes Yoon So Hee? Ahhh…Yes, well, Yoon So Hee having a crush on Kang Chul is a given since that’s come up repeatedly. However, there has not been a single frame that showed that Kang Chul thought of Yoon So Hee as anything other than a friend. I remember it all.

Surgeon: Does it have to be said with words in order to know it? Does it have to be said? Even without explicitly saying it, that’s the way it’s supposed to be, you idiot. Can’t you tell instantly just by looking at it? “So Hee, I didn’t realize it till now, but the person that I’ve really loved all this time was only you, So Hee.” He’s going to confess his love to her this way, then the two of them kiss and get married and it’s the end. That’s the way it’s supposed to be.

Yeon Joo: How is that the way it’s supposed to be when it’s to do with people’s feelings? Why do you want Kang Chul to be the way you want him to be when you don’t even know him that well. Kang Chul loves ME! I’m definite about that!

(Open mouthed reactions from the surgeon and the nurses still clearing up the OR.)

Nurse: Doctor?

Surgeon: Kang Chul loves you?

Yeon Joo: No. I mean the character in W that has the same name as me 

Surgeon: You and my daughter Soo Jin would get along well together. My daughter is in middle school right now, but you and she have the same mental level, you’re both W fanatics. Shall I introduce you? Do you want to be a part of her play group?

Yeon Joo: No, that’s okay.

Surgeon: Why not? I think you both would have such passionate friendship.

Yeon Joo: I’m sorry, professor, but I have such an urgent matter. Can’t you scold me some more later? 

Surgeon: When did I scold you? You’re the one who jumped in with outbursts.

Yeon Joo: I’m sorry! (dashes out of the OR)

Surgeon: Yah! Where are you going, Oh Yeon Joo!

The second is the interaction between Kang Chul and Sung Moo which is actually most of the second half of this episode. I've actually translated as much of their interaction as I could, but don't have time to go back and edit it better since since it's so long.  So my apologies as usual on any errors. I've put this under a spoiler as well since it's so long. Btw, there was extensive flashbacks and even flashbacks in flashbacks, so my apologies if I missed some or got them wrong. I'll clean it up later maybe when I have more time.

Reveal hidden contents

KC: Write Oh Sung Moo? (Yeon Joo is listening on the phone now.) So, it was you. I thought it would be you. We’ve already met a few times. You probably remember. Why don’t you come over here? We have a lot to talk about.

SM: How?

KC: How did I come to this world? You should explain that. I hear that you created me. Come here. Please sit.

(SM attacks KC. They fight.)

KC: Get up. (KC points a gun at SM) You should thank your daughter. Thinking of your daughter, I’m treating you gently. As much as you tried to kill me, your daughter tried to save my life.

(YJ and SB hurry to SM’s house.)

KC: You’re bleeding. Here, you’re not invincible. You’re just an ordinary man.  You can be hurt, you can bleed. This is right. This is fair. I was the only one bleeding and only one dying, I was feeling it was very unfair. 

(Flashback to rooftop, then SM drawing a dying KC. KC’s hand comes out of the screen to grab SM.))

KC (heard over YJ’s phone): The first person I grabbed wasn’t Oh Yeon Joo. It was you.

KC in flashback: Help me. Call 911.

(SM in flashback stabs the bleeding KC again and leaves him for dead. KC stabs SM back, but the wound heals instantly.)

KC: No one seemed to realize that I was stabbed by two different culprits. Because there was no proof, I kept my mouth shut, but I had my suspicions.  The one who stabbed me with no reason was you, though I didn’t know what you were back then. (looking around) So, you must have made me here? With that finger, you tried to kill me off. Now that you had money, respect, success, you didn’t need me any more. You created me and made me suffer, made a life a roller coaster, and you used to get money and fame. And, now to kill me off, you stabbed me, tried to poison me, tried to run me over with a truck. Drawing it wasn’t enough, even though I was asking you to save me, cruelly and coldly you directly tried to kill me by stabbing me. While I was waiting here for you, I found out about you. You’re so famous. I typed your name into the internet, and so much came out about you.

(Start flashback SM arguing with wife, then his decline and the start of KC.)

KC: Oh Sung Moo was not a good family man, over 50 years old and never having succeeded, not particularly good comic writer. A person who couldn’t live without alcohol, and had no reason to live. Tired and defeated through to his bones, broke, and now getting old. So, that’s why you made me: young, successful, famous, with a purpose for living. A man the complete opposite of you and strong. That’s why you named me Kang Chul (Kang Chul means strong, steel) according to a news report. I was made as a substitute for what you wanted to be rather than the reality. But that didn’t last long either. Your wife ultimately couldn’t take it any more and left. You tried to drink to death but couldn’t kill yourself. You were originally that kind of person. Any small setback makes you give up, a ball of emotions. So, you killed me off. Though with a different method. You didn’t have the courage to commit suicide, but you made me do it. Because the only thing you could do with as you will was me. From then, something was strange. i kept having the same nightmare, of falling into the Han River and dying. (final flashback of KC waking up in bed and grabbing a gun.)

KC: I was wondering what that was, but it’s because I really died. Before you used some machinations to bring me back to life.

SM: I didn’t bring you back to life. You somehow endured it. There, I killed you off. You somehow endured hanging on the bridge though, asking to be saved. So, I saved you, because my mind was weak (meaning he felt sorry for his character). Because back then, I had affection for you. That was the problem. From then, you became a monster. Like now. Yes, I gave it all to you. Everything I wanted, I gave it all to you. But now look what’s happened. With the mind that I gave you, you somehow found out about this world. You, just a drawing, not even a person, you hassled me and now you even appear here. (flashback to session with psychologist, then to friends) I tried to talk about it with friends, but no one believed me. (flashback to driving a car) I was so scared, I even tried to run away, but I couldn’t do it. Because of Yeon Joo. (flashback to SM and YJ) While she was growing up, I did nothing for her. So, I decided to wait a little longer, since people liked it, since I was making money. If I earn just a little more, I could help her live without any worries. You think you’re the only one who had nightmares. I had nightmares every night as well. A nightmare that you would come to find me. Coming this far has been hell for me, but I endured thinking that it wouldn’t last much longer. That I would be able to end this and not draw you any longer, so I decided. But again you wouldn’t die, and then you dragged me in and even dragged Yeon Joo in, so I stabbed you. Because I thought this curse would never end. You are a hallucination. You are nothing. You’re just a character I made. But why are you appearing in front of me pretending to be a person. Why are you dragging my daughter in and writing your own story as you will. You’re just a character. Do you understand? I made you, you’re my creation. You want to shoot me? Shoot me if you can. You think you can shoot me? No, you absolutely can’t shoot me. Why? Because you’re a character who is incapable of murder. Because I made you that way. A guy who follows the law and his conscience. While you want revenge, you’ll do it according to the law. And, that’s why you’re the hero. People like you. You are not one who can kill an old person who is weak and unfortunate out of anger. That’s the kind of guy you are. That was how you were created. (laughing) You think you’re here of your own will? Your own free will? No. That is also just a part of your creation. I gave you a very strong will. Whatever happens, you wait and try to figure things out. It’s just that it’s too strong is the problem. Because even refusing to die, you’re will to find out is so strong. But, even that will is something I made. You’ve never once stepped out of your character.

YJ: Please. Please. 

SM: Can you shoot? (grabbing KC’s gun) Try to shoot!

(KC lowers and looks at the gun.)

KC: Sit and draw the original ending. You tried to have me commit suicide, but I rejected that because it didn’t make sense to me. So, if you draw the original ending, then that should make sense to me, and everything will return to the way they should be. Isn’t that right? (SM’s pensive expression) My friends remain there. (flashback to the scene of frozen figures) Not living, not dying. I can’t leave them there pitifully like that.

SM: It’s probably like that because you came here.

KC: Not the reason why, find the method. Draw and return them.

SM: I don’t know.

KC: What don’t you know?

SM: I can’t even end the story. The story needs an ending that you understand, so what do you want me to do?

KC: You know what the ending that I would find acceptable is. It’s simple. Capture the real culprit, make him get his punishment, then live as an ordinary person. That’s all. You just need to show me the real culprit’s face. That’s all.  According to you, my will to find that out is so strong, that I’m even here. So, draw the real culprit’s face. So that I can remember it. Draw.

SM: There is none.

KC: What?

SM: There is no real culprit.  It was just a story device. A device to make a strong main character. Heroism needs an origin, a shocking trauma while young. I don’t know who the real culprit is.

KC: Are you actually saying that right now?

SM: It’s only when it’s unresolved that it makes a hero. Once the culprit is caught, that’s the end of the story. A happy life, who would want to read about that. So, that’s why there is no specific person. Because there originally wasn’t anyone.

KC: You say you don’t know? There is no culprit? My entire family was killed, I was falsely convicted and sent to jail, and you say you don’t know? Definitely, in front of my eyes…definitely, in front of me, they died pitifully. My mom, my father, my younger siblings, I saw them dead with my eyes, but there was no one who killed them? 

YJ to taxi driver: Go faster.

KC: So, this is why you tried to kill me? Since there was no way to fashion a happy ending? If it wasn’t for this, you would have kept drawing this successfully. I wouldn’t have known that I will never catch the culprit, I would just keep getting hurt and broken, endlessly suffering.  Do you even know what I’ve been through? You wouldn’t have been able to endure even one thing. But you made me endure so much, with that careless finger, you played god without taking any responsibility. I remember each and every one of the sufferings I had to go through.

SM: That’s fiction. That’s a writer’s profession.

KC: No. You’re not just a writer. You saw me breathing and tried to kill me. That’s cruel and violent, it’s just that you wielded a pen usually rather than a knife. You’re just a son of a richard simmons and no different from a criminal. (raises gun to SM)

YJ: No. No. No.

(SB arrives SM’s house and starts calling for SM.) (Inside, KC lowers gun.)

KC: Think of a method. Anyway you can. Until I return. (wipes his eyes). Understand that you’re lucky.

SM: It’s not that I was lucky. You couldn’t shoot anyway. That’s the way you were created. 

(KC turns and shoots SM!)

I'll post separately with my reactions to this episode.  For now, I just want to say that despite the kiss which had me squealing at the pretty, I was more moved by Kang Chul's state as he understands more of what he was and learns how little he meant to his creator.  Oof. 

thanks chingu! your efforts is always appreciated.  what do we do without you guys :) @stroppyse

we're at 377 pages now, let's start the episode at 400 pages and hopefully end tonight's episode at 500 pages! W fighting!

• Like 12