[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

15 minutes ago, chyantrils25 said:

Our adorable OTP!:wub:

since we already have a pic of them together from script reading...how about some shots of them together from filming?:lol:

we are getting there ... i can feeeell itttttttttt it's comiinnggg  hahahahhahhaha 

• Like 4

Just now, chyantrils25 said:

ok!since i already have faith in your magic touch..

~in anticipation mode~

actually my magic works when i m pessimistic nd start ranting all over the place hahaahahahah

• Like 4

MBC's 'W' holds first script reading with Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo

Maolen E. | May 24, 2016 06:42 AM EDT

The first script reading for the upcoming MBC drama series, “W,” starring Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo, was a success. Earlier this month, the cast and crew got together for the first time to sit down and go through the script.

tumblr_inline_o7oicpLJdD1rgu5nm_540.jpg

‘W’ is an upcoming South Korean television series to be aired on MBC in July 2016, starring Han Hyo-joo and Lee Jong-suk. (Photo : Twitter/AsianWiki)

TV director Jung Dae Yoon and screenwriter Song Jae Jung were joined by the lead actors Lee and Han along with the star-studded supporting cast members, including Jeong Eu-Gene, Lee Tae Hwan, Lee Si Un and Kang Ki Young, to go over the script for the first time. The principal script meeting took place at MBC’s Broadcasting Station in Sangam, South Korea, Asian Wikireported.

Screenwriter Song, who has written many hit dramas such as “The Three Musketeers” and “Nine,” sat down with the actors one-on-one preceding the script read to go over each of their characters in-depth. It was learned that the “W” drama will now embrace the new title called “W - Two Worlds.”

“The characters each of you have undertaken are the stars of their worlds. Whether the roles are big or small, please engage with the mindset that you are the star. Actors are the ones who put flesh and bone to characters and show them as living people. I hope that you’ll create living characters,” Drama Beans quoted director Jung as saying to the cast.

Along with this, the crucial plot points and character details of the forthcoming suspense drama have also been revealed. The new 16-episode TV drama will feature two distinct timelines interweaved throughout most of the story and follows the romance of a man and a woman in their early 30s.

Jong Suk’s character is Kang Chul, a cool-headed virtuoso, and self-made young chaebol. He is a former shooting Olympic gold medalist. While Hyo Joo plays the loving, outgoing, Oh Yeon Joo, who is a second-year resident doctor specializing in cardiothoracic surgery. She is the daughter of the renowned comic book creator (Kim Eui Sung), who suddenly disappears.

The two worlds - the reality and the fantasy realm - collide when Dr. Oh finds a bloody Kang Chul in her father’s studio. An unforeseeable crisis and conflict arise when Dr. Oh is kidnapped by Kang Chul and taken to the different dimension.

The drama is relied upon to highlight suspense, romance, and thrill all in one. “W - Two Worlds” will air on July 20 after the current MBC Wednesdays-Thursdays’ drama “Lucky Romance.”

Source: Yibada

en.yibada.com/articles/125936/20160524/w-first-script-reading-lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joo.htm

• Like 6

Suspense drama W–Two Worlds preps for inter-dimensional romance

W1.jpg

Cast and crew gathered at the first table read for MBC’s new summer romance suspense drama W–Two Worlds, the drama formerly known as W. I’m actually glad about the title change, because googling a one-letter title is no fun for anybody. Lee Jong-seok(Pinocchio) and Han Hyo-joo (Dong Yi) headline the fantasy romance between a man and a woman living in two parallel universes existing concurrently in present-day Seoul.

The new 16-episode Wednesday-Thursday drama comes from writer Song Jae-jung, who is an expert at interweaving two universes into one story (see: her previous time-space-benders Nine and Queen Inhyun’s Man), and PD Jung Dae-yoon of last year’s hit rom-comShe Was Pretty. The drama is about two worlds coexisting in the same space—one is the reality as we know it, and the other is a fantasy realm—but the two worlds collide when Lee Jong-seok and Han Hyo-joo’s characters meet.

Lee Jong-seok plays a former Olympic gold medalist in shooting who made it big as a venture capitalist and became a young chaebol. Well, as far as dramaland chaebols go, this is a step up from a guy who inherits his fortune from an angry chairman dad. He’s described as a cool-headed geeeeenius, though they don’t even tell us what kind of genius he is.

W4.jpg

Han Hyo-joo plays an affectionate, outgoing, lively second-year resident in cardiothoracic surgery. Her father (Kim Eui-sungSix Flying Dragons) is an ill-tempered comic book artist who goes missing one day, and when the heroine goes looking for Dad, she finds a bloody Lee Jong-seok in his studio instead.

Lee Tae-hwan (Come Back, Ajusshi) plays Lee Jong-seok’s bodyguard and faithful right-hand man, and Jung Yoo-jin (Moorim School) will be his secretary. Neighborhood Laywer Jo Deul-ho’s hilarious loan shark Park Wan-sang has been cast as an assemblyman and Lee Jong-seok’s longtime enemy. In the other dimension, Kang Ki-young (Come Back, Ajusshi) will play Han Hyo-joo’s colleague and surgical resident, and Lee Shi-un(Remember—Son’s War) will be her father’s pupil.

The writer sat down with the actors one-on-one before the script read to go over each of their characters in-depth, and the PD said to the cast, “You are all the stars of your own lives. The characters each of you have undertaken are the stars of their worlds. Whether the role is big or small, please engage with the mindset that you are the star. Actors are the ones who put flesh and bone to characters and show them as living people. We’ve assembled strong actors with a lot of experience. I hope that you’ll create living characters.”

So do we all, PD-nim. So do we all.

W–Two Worlds will follow Lucky Romance beginning July 20.

W2.jpg

W3.jpg

W5.jpg

W6.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/suspense-drama-w-two-worlds-preps-for-inter-dimensional-romance/

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

hhhhh thnx sweetie & seems u have a pure heart as well  cz what u thought of came true in less than a day ;) 

agree wz what u said abt "W" .. a good drama wz strong cast will proove itself no matter what 

:wub: thks... but I didn't really wish for it, so definitely not my doing. :sweatingbullets: Well... I can't wait for "W" to take the Hallyu world by storm!!

7 hours ago, chyantrils25 said:

Our adorable OTP!:wub:

since we already have a pic of them together from script reading...how about some shots of them together from filming?:lol:

I heard that they were filming together yesterday or the day before... Han Hyo Joo was seen in Jong Suk's ferrari. So I wonder why it is so difficult to get a picture of them at the filming set. sk_thumb.gif

• Like 8