[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Why is it that every time LJS/KC and HHJ/OYJ share the screen I literally start screaming like a kid? Their chemistry is just :wub:

This drama is already destroying my life and we're only on episode 3!!! 

Mark my words guys ratings are just gonna keep going up and up from here......'W' is here to rock KDrama land 

• Like 13

Maybe just maybe she actually got shot infront of him earlier when the killer pointed his gun at her?!! so that's why he was sure it wouldn't harm her?! maybe.... we'll see this part in the next episodes?! 

HUUUURRRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! We finally did it .. not only double digit rating but also first spot yoooohooooooooooo i'm sooooo sooo happy ... this is what our drama deserves .. no in fact it deserves better and i'm waiting for it to reach and surpass the 20% so we can see our kang chul volunteering kyaaaaaaaaaa !!!!! Hope tonight ep will surpass the 15% ... please God please !!!

anyyywayyyyyyy ... the last scene when they were talking in front of the elevator their chemistry was about to explode .. it's like they were in their own universe without a bodyguard watching them and they were engrossed in the moment .. and the looks aaaaww the looks and the pauses they made between their lines and the sights ahhhh someone stop me !!! 

And i'm wondering also about how he knew that she won't be dead when he shot her ... he said he'll answer when she does first .. i'm really waiting for his answer i hope it's something realistic and logical not only his instinct because he freaking shot her.. no kidding dude ... maybe the reason will be something linked to that scene when the hooded man came to kill him .. when he was pushing him away from the door he was looking in yj's direction .. maybe he noticed something then ??? Idk 

Aaah all i know is i'm waiting for the next episode and i'm about to cry because after it we'll have to wait for another week oooooooffffff i hate this !!!!!!! 

• Like 14

Does someone really get paid to write this? It's like 4 sentences long lmao

"W" beats "Uncontrollably Fond" for first place

"W" topped of the charts in just three episodes.

According to Nielsen Korea, MBC drama "W" rated 12.9% on the 27th.

Meanwhile, KBS "Uncontrollably Fond" came in second place with 8.6% and SBS "Wanted" followed with 6.0%.

In the third broadcast of "W", Kang Cheol (Lee Jong-suk) and Oh Yeon-joo (Han Hyo-joo) shared a kiss.

• Like 18

I forgot to point one PArt out earlier - and I just remember that watching it with subs.

When the Faceless Man attackted it felt like KCs deepest desire was to bring him on distance to YJ. He will never again lost a Person he ... can I say like on that Point. Why is related to him somehow... He wanted her to be safe...

Oh and the Moment he faced the Gun --- that was - as I believe - exactly the last what her FAmily saw....

But there is still the possible way that SM chose someone from the W World as a Murder - so we can only see that later. But I really don´t believe that the Father himself in the W Word did something. He only found out about KC beeing alive after the Bridge Scene.

• Like 4

DRAMAS

New drama 'W' beats 'Uncontrollably Fond' and tops viewership ratings

lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joo_1469665782_af_o

New MBC drama 'W', starring Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo is dominating!

The 1st episode of 'W' started off with decent viewership ratings of 8.6%. Soon afterward, the ratings soon increased with the airing of the 2nd episode, which recorded 9.5%. The most recent episode gained even more viewers, jumping the ratings up to 12.9%.

On the other hand, KBS 'Uncontrollably Fond' starring Kim Woo Bin and Suzy, airing at the same time period as 'W', faced a decrease in viewership as the 7th episode dropped down to 8.6%. 

'W' with its unique, intense story line seems to have stolen many viewers hearts already. Which drama have you been watching - 'W' or 'Uncontrollably Fond'? 

Cr: allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/new-drama-w-beats-uncontrollably-fond-and-tops-viewership-ratings

• Like 11

Guest julie721

I really want to watch episode 3, but due to certain conditions I can't yet (have to lie down and stay in hospital bed at the moment) can't stream too, limited internet lol... So my only source of W is this thread.. :tears: So keep it coming please, this forum is my only entertainment, for now.. Lol

Based on the postings we got good episode right? Can't wait 'till I finally able to watch... And yay for the rating.. Double digits and #1... 

just finished watching 3rd ep. This drama is moving really fast, will kang cheol know about the two worlds just in ep 4?

can I hope sohee befriend yeonjoo? They will be good friends. I still cant guess though sohee actually likes kang cheol or not. If yeonjoo becomes manhwa's heroine then sohee will be second lead? Please dont be annoying second lead, please please.

I still cant quite understand the rule of entering, and where would she be when she enter the webtoon world. She disappear on her father's room then appear on rooftop, then back again to her father's room. Same for second case. Will she back to bus stop again after this? she doesnt have her phone or her bag. And will she only disappear for 30 mins in real world or longer?

Im really embarassed for her everytime she does drastic things in order to end the episode :lol:

and yay for the ratings. I enjoy all wed dramas and I hope everything is well for them.

• Like 7

Im usually a silent lurker at soompi but oh my. W totally shake up my life with excitement and i cant help but join in the chatter here with other Worldies.

https://mobile.twitter.com/withJSthailand/status/747706729069187073/photo/1

:heart:

Thankyou for all the amazing recaps and lines translation as well as screencaps for ep3. Ep1 was an wonderful pilot, ep 2 was daebak. Just when i though daebak was really good, ep 3 was out of this world. Seriously the pace and flow of this drama is so good. Then with each screen interaction, LJS & HHJ's chemistry keeps getting better and better.. Sizzling and we havnt even reach a kiss when its responsive both ways. I thk by then we will all burst into flames :lol:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

EPISODE 3 MAKES ME FEEL SO MANY EMOTIONS!

Yes!!! Finally I can respond properly other than it was an excellent episode. No holes, no useless dialogue, everything making sense..... well to the degree that the writer wants us to know.

Can I just say how much OYJ has moved me this episode, She is really a character of whom can express all types of emotions. The praise goes to HHJ, I have become an instant fan. I literally love, love, love her. I can recount so many moments that I enjoyed along with her......

• Her and SB having their fan girl/fan boy moment
  • The feeling of embarrassment after exposing herself to KC and his bodyguard
  • How terrified and frustrated when KC was forcing her to answer his questions
  • We can't forget the shock she felt getting shot by KC 
  • How she slowly is falling for the "real" KC not just the manhwa character of W

My thoughts on him actually shooting her...... I thought it was a brilliant scene where as a viewer your thinking to yourself nah no way is he gonna shoot her, they are OTP, surely the writer wouldn't do that and besides it doesn't make sense because he literally owes his life to her x 2. Well he did which goes to show you that this drama will be something of a surprise each turn. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. To me KC is extremely smart, and he knows what he gets himself into thats why he is always (pretty much) prepared when something goes wrong. He wields his own fate, he is not a puppet which they have shown us through his life story. 

I felt so many emotions from this episode that like many of you have no words to describe what I just watched. Its very rare to come across a piece of work where you as the viewer don't have to have these thoughts while watching [Well why don't they do this or what about this or how come they didn't do that and etc] because everything is perfectly laid out that no words can be uttered. From minute one to the last seconds of the episode I have no words just giggles and oohs and woahs and me clenching my hands tight as if you just want to be a fly in the wall and witness this amazing drama live in real time.  

TO ME EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, THE SMALLEST DETAIL IS EXPLAINED ESPECIALLY AS AN AUDIENCE WE TRY TO THINK RELATIVELY LOGICAL IN A REAL TYPE SETTING. SO RIGHT NOW I HAVE NO FAULTS ABOUT IT.

LOVE KC TO PIECES ALONG SIDE OYJ THEY ARE IT FOR ME. :blush:

Last but not least BIG THANKS to my wonderful W members I know we are on episode 3 coming up to 4 but the dialogue, support and thoughtful responses in this thread coupled with the maturity as well really makes me appreciate GOOD THREADS like this one!

CHEERS! NOW IM OFF TO RE-WATCH EPISODE 3 AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN! IM PRAYING WE HIT A DOUBLE!!!!! 

e8SlhfU.gif

cr: @ohnoitscindy

4 hours ago, Harukogirl said:

I've been thinking about it, and I love that while the romance is totally ramping up, he doesn't like like her yet. He's intrigued, interested, protective and even a little possessive, but he hasn't fallen yet. THAT'S what I've waiting for. Because LJS does 'in love' better than practically any kdrama actor imo. And KC is such a fascinating character, it is going to be so much fun 1. watching him fall and 2. watching him pursue OYJ.

Watching him pursue her is going to be a blast. Watching her flail about in response is going to be almost as good :D

PREACH!!!!!

• Like 7

W webtoon fans!!!...W has just announced for a sudden change of heroine!

let us all welcome Adorable Oh Yeon Joo!our new W heroine replacing Yoon So Hee!:D

13686532_278194402549745_273679460687022

don't be shocked cuz she doesn't just snatched the role from So Hee in a piece of cake way!

we all know what she had gone through for the role....the roller coaster of emotions she went through hahaha

sometimes i pity her for the situations she's in and even wondered,what if i were in Yeon Joo's shoes?..

how am i going to react?...what am i going to feel? etc etc:lol:

Yeon Joo certainly is a well deserving Heroine and a very unpredictable & exciting one!:lol:

• Like 24

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm enjoying this drama. Really like the pacing, the actors, the humor along with the serious beats, and the strange premise.  Anyway, this is the final conversation that Kang Chul and Yeon Joo have when Yeon Joo stops Kang Chul at the elevator, and Yeon Joo's final monologue. I'm sure the episode will be subbed shortly, but this exchange was too cute not to translate. 

YJ: Wait a moment!

KC: Why?

YJ: Did you just say that you were going somewhere?

KC: I’m visiting Busan, then going to New York.

YJ: Be careful.

KC: So, am I going to die as I go now? On the train or on the plane?

YJ: I don’t know. Just because.

KC: You seem not to know how I’m going to die this time.

YJ: When I’m here, I don’t know very well. So, I can’t help you.

KC: And over there, you would know?

YJ: Yes.

KC: It’s becoming more curious all the time. (walks towards her) You’re not going to give me any answers so why are you worried that I might die?

YJ: Because I’m a person who wants your life to have a happy ending. I’m your fan. Really.

KC: Does that mean that if I hear your answers, my life will become miserable?

YJ: Probably. So, I can’t answer. And, you’re also the first patient that I saved with my own hands.

KC: Really? That is an honor. 

YJ: And, the second patient as well.

KC: That is an even greater honor.

YJ: That’s why. You always have to be careful.

KC: I’ll do that. Ah. These questions, you’ll probably answer. How old are you?

YJ: 30

KC: We’re the same age then. And, are you married?

YJ: No.

KC: That’s good. 

YJ’s ending monologue: The reason that I was still here I found out later. It’s because this man said that I was the key to his life. At that point, the leading lady of this comic changed from Yoon So Hee to Oh Yoon Joo. 

AND PREACH THIS AS WELL!!!

omeigaaaaddddddd im squealing cause of this! This is too cute too deep tooooo agdjdnahaidbdkdjabeidbk!!!!!

sorry for my craziness i just LOVE the way OYJ finally haveing serious and sincere conversation with KC, and how KC giving YJ "codes" of interest to her lol pardon me, im gonna fangirling over them for 24hours rn baiiiiiii

• Like 9

About that fatal shot, I think it is logical since KC is trying to find out the answers from OYJ because he knows she will never disclose them at this  point of stage AND that OYJ believes he wouldn't shoot her (thus he aims at the heart to imply (not to underestimate what he will do) that he would if she doesn't answer). And he probably really want to scare her in order to know some truth about his existence 

After all, knowing the truth behind his existence is the priority (right now) thus he is keeping OYJ in his World  B)

Just my opinion ^_^

• Like 6

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "W" Episode 3

photo751097.jpg

Yeon-joo does not have the slightest idea how to explain the existence of Cheol's parallel universe, so she starts investigating the only place with potential answers- her dad's annotations. But Seong-woo's authorial notes aren't special features intended for reader enjoyment. They're surprisingly painful recollections of a difficult time in Seong-woo's life, and how the main plot movements in "W" were all reactions to Seong-woo's emotional state. That is, until Cheol took on a life os his own and started building Seong-woo's life much as Seong-woo built Cheol's.

"W" is imminently intriguing as an explanation of the relationship between an author and his creation. The relationship between Seong-woo and Cheol hits all sorts of interesting beats that anyone who has ever tried to seriously write a story can understand. Even though Seong-woo created Cheol, he can't control him because Cheol has his own distinct sense of motivation. Seong-woo can't force Cheol to act a specific way except through external circumstance, or else Cheol's actions will feel unnatural and poorly written.

And Cheol maintains all of this depth within his own world as well. Observe how even though Yeon-joo keeps trying to engage Cheol as if he were a cliché, the man manages to keep surprising her again by acting like...well, by acting like a guy who has seen all sorts of strange suspicious stuff, and can only stay alive through constant creative thinking. Cheol seems to have figured out that whatever external force is preventing him from solving the mystery is not bound by coherent logic.

This, I think, is why Cheol is so drawn to Yeon-joo. Her behavior from the very beginning has made it clear that she thinks in the same mysterious logic as Cheol's creator. For the hooded murderer of Cheol's family to appear and disappear without leaving a trace makes no sense rationally, but it does make the same kind of irrational sense as Yeon-joo forestalling attempted murder and solving problems with unprovoked kisses.

Unluckily for Cheol, as a technical spectator he lacks the ability to make use of such meta-reasoning. You can perhaps see how this all works to put the basic narrative of "W" in a fairly baffling place- but in a good way. The storyline is so completely off the rails it's impossible to guess what's going to happen next. Incidentally, don't watch the preview. "W" lives and dies on the power of its plot twists, and the preview spoils several of them.

Review by William Schwartz

"W" is directed by Jeong Dae-yoon, written by Song Jae-jeong and features Lee Jong-suk, Han Hyo-joo, Eugene Jung, Lee Tae-hwan, Park Won-sang, and more.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-w-episode-3-97179.html#!prettyPhoto

• Like 8

Hello..

finally i manage to watch 2 episode of W and im definitely love this dramaaaa

wow.. 2nd drama with unique plot after Signal that i never watch it before.. so cool

i love Kang Chul..hahaha

congratulation for the rating.. glad it raise up and get a double digit.. wow.. 

hope tonight i can do stream for this drama..

see you soon :heart:

• Like 9

It's been so long since I last logged into soompi but this drama may just be the best drama I have ever watched. And its only episode 3!  Like all of you, its got me at the edge of my seat, blowing me away with the story, cinematography, the transformation between the 2 worlds, the drawings, the acting and all the characters!!  And of course my bias LJS who is so just swoon worthy as Kang Chul!  I don't know how to explain it but while I'm watching, I feel as if I have been transported to the manhwa world along with Oh Yeon Joo. The last time I was so addicted to a drama was Pinocchio so I'm really happy that W is receiving so much love!!   Thank you to everybody for this thread and to especially @Rania Zeid for starting it. I don't know if you remember me, but your never ending support for LJS is amazing!!  Can't wait til tomorrow for episode 4!  :wub:

• Like 4