[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

5 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

yess let's doo thatt 24 hrs lefftttttttt... oh Goddd i have mixed of diff feelings inside me hahaahha

we all are!!! :sweatingbullets:

5 hours ago, thea2410 said:

hello everyone! ^_^ it's my 1st time here on this thread. i love how unique the storyline is!  :wub: and that alone had me anticipating this drama like crazy! and i'm not yet mention how i freaking love LJS! hahaha :D i know he gonna slay this! and i never know HHJ before but i'm glad i get to know her in this drama. she's such a bae! i'm looking forward to see more of her and i'm now a fan of her!  :wub: 

anyway, i've just watch the long trailer and all i got to said is that it's so freaking awesome! it's so intense it keeps me on the edge of my seat! seriously, i can't wait to see how the story will unfold! This drama will be the death of me! it's so my style! i'm excited to see the pilots eps already! 

anyway, This pairing chemistry are so out of the world awesome imo! :wub:

i'm swooning so hard! hahaha :D 

i know my heart gonna stop beating for countless of time thru out the story because of these two! :wub:

hi and welcome in this thread!! let's brace our selves for this wild and awesome ride and lets enjoy the drama all of us here!! :D and thank you for the gifs!! :wub:

4 hours ago, usforever said:

Hi...I 'm Park Shin Hye hardcore fan and I really appreciate LJS's work as actor, i 'm here to say "fighting" to LJS 'community.

hi!!! thank you for coming by and for your words and hope you'll watch the drama as well and enjoy it!! hope we'll see more of posts from you in W thread!! :D 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

W 8-minute Preview Translation

Trans:  amyhsk

(KC: Kang Cheol, YJ: Yeon Joo, words on screen in italic)

Note: Thanks to @rainy9 for her draft translation for the first half.

Please watch the preview here.

Trans:  amyhsk

THANK YOU O MUCH FOR SHARING THE TRANSLATION!!! FINALLY!!!

I memorised the trailer that reading the lines was like hearing all the charsters lines along with it!!

Yeon Joo's father is scaring me!! why is he calling Keng Cheol a monster? why did he have to stop him since he was about to commite suicide on the bride when he was 18 years old? why does he think Kang Cheol will harm him? 

and I feel really sad for Kang Cheol he's life really sucks though it looks perfect to everyone else and now he'll realise that all of this was a written fantacy!!! :tears: but it's a good thing that he's still going after the answer he nneds about his life and didn't give up to what's written for him by Yeon Joo's father!!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

OH YEON JOO ADMIRING THE VIEW

she has to!! who wouldn't admire such a view!! :wub:

you're surely fast Rania... All Sukkie's fan are awesome...they're so fast...anyway  love the way KC says the key of my life... Yeon Joo will be KC's precious gem...hahaha...and note he said she's beautiful...

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes she will be!!! 

it has been a loooooog time for him to have a precious person in his life and Yeon Joo will be that person!! can't wait to see more of them and their story!! :wub: :w00t:

• Like 5

South Korean Drama ‘W’ Holds Press Conference with Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Suk

Hyo Jin Lee, July 18, 2016, 7:57 a.m.

A 30-year-old doctor who never thought she was cut out for the job is one day drawn into one of her father's webtoons and meets its hero -- the handsome, rich, and altogether perfect Kang Chul. That's the romance side of "W," the new MBC TV series scheduled to air this week. But it's only one of many genres the drama aims to cover, according to its director Jung Dae-yoon, who claimed it's the first of its kind for Korean TV.

7-18_w_3.jpg

"It's the story of a man and a woman who discover their reason for existence while living in different dimensions in Seoul in 2016," he said in a press conference where he was joined by some of the main actors, including Han Hyo-joo and Lee Jong-suk. "There's suspense, horror, comedy and romance."

As the story goes back and forth between reality and the virtual world inside the webtoon of the same name, "W," Dr. Oh Yeon-joo (Han) struggles to keep Kang alive as the Olympic gold medalist and media mogul falls into one dangerous situation after another. The two are soon inseparable, much to the dismay of Oh's father and Kang's creator, the cartoonist Oh Sung-moo (Kim Eui-sung).

7-18_w_1.jpg

"Even though the setting is a fantasy, there were moments as I acted when it felt very real," said Han, who is appearing in her first TV series in six years. "It's my hope and wish that our viewers will also be drawn into the setting. I've already fallen deep into it and it's a lot of fun and very original." Both Han and Lee confessed to choosing the drama for its script.

"Any actor who had a chance to read the script would have wanted to do it," Lee said. "I thought it was the kind of script I wouldn't be able to come across twice, so it's been an honor for me to shoot it." Han was especially careful in her selection as it was her first after a long break. “I thought that if I were to do a drama again, I would do a dramatic one," she said. "As soon as I received the script, it felt like my dream had come true."

7-18_w_2.jpg

That doesn't mean she isn't nervous, though. "I feel a lot of pressure. I haven't been able to sleep for days," the actress admitted, saying there are certain expectations that come with being an established thespian. Her most recent work was the 2016 film "Love, Lies" in which she plays a "gisaeng," or a professional female entertainer who served famous Confucians and dignitaries during Korea's Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).

For Lee, who is two years Han's junior in real life, playing a character the same age as her didn't pose any difficulties. In fact, he credited Han with helping his acting. "We're filming in a comfortable and adorable way," he said, adding that there are a lot of romantic scenes between the two. "It's great," he said with a sheepish grin.

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/south-korean-drama-w-holds-press-conference-with-han-hyo-joo-and-lee-jong-suk/

@sakura2016 u r thee most welcm :) 

• Like 4

I go to sleep and wake up to see that this thread has gained like 7 pages... what the!? lol Think it will be possible to hit 200 before the drama premieres? :P 

Thank you guys for the long preview translations! 

Less than 18 hours away!

• Like 5

Just now, ohnoitscindy said:

I go to sleep and wake up to see that this thread has gained like 7 pages... what the!? lol Think it will be possible to hit 200 before the drama premieres? :P 

Thank you guys for the long preview translations! 

Less than 18 hours away!

yeh i think i ll wake up tommorrow nd see that we already hit 200 hahahahahh

good night nowww... tomorrow we will have a long stressful beautiful day hahahaaha

• Like 5

Actress Han Hyo Joo and actor Lee Jong Suk attend press conference for their upcoming drama 'W'

f9006bc9d201e850e5e0b9fa1569a870_1468828

Upcoming MBC drama 'W' held a press conference this afternoon. The cast of this drama including actress Han Hyo Joo, and actor Lee Jong Suk attended this event. Joo. Jong Suk will play the male lead named Kang Chul, who is CEO of a venture capital firm. Hyo Joo will star in this drama in the  role of heart surgeon, Oh Yeon Joo.

Spoiler

f9006bc9d201e850e5e0b9fa1569a870_1468829

'W' was written by writer Song Jae-Jung, who wrote TvN's drama 'Nine : Nine time travels.' The producer of the drama 'She Was Pretty,' Jung Dae-Yoon, will be in charge of production. The first episode of this drama will be broadcast on July 20 at 10 p.m. KST on MBC!

Spoiler

f9006bc9d201e850e5e0b9fa1569a870_1468829

Photos from drama 'W'

Korea.com's Emily You contributed to this report from Seoul. [E-mail: maintyoung@korea.com]

http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=1093

• Like 5

4 hours ago, shana0127 said:

Rania after reading this ,I comprehend your fear. Damn it , yes it is complex . Seems like I am reading some sci fi novel. This Genere absolutely different dont know if comon koreans will like it . But i love it , i have seen lot of such hollywood movies. Seeing a Korean daily drama on those lines ,is something i never expected. Whether its hit or not ,its surely a classic piece. No dobt HHJ and LJS have risked themselves for such a bueautiful drama. i wish viewers r able to identify with the story.

To me it still looks a bit wayward as i think it logically. So is it that LJS father has some kind of special power ,that a comic character he created has become so powerful that it decides to come to real world to avenge his creator for being so cruel to him and find his lady love !!!

Like some Frankestien or Human Robot who challanged their creator. Franstien actually killed his master and ended up living a pitiful life of a monster before being killed. What will happen to Kang hull if he becomes real !! Will he wag his vengeance on W org. for treating him as a puppet and earning money from his life story or will he settle down with his creators daughter

or is it just something else. Something like Kang Chul is really somebody whom LJS father knew and has been reason for his parents death .Now that Kang Chul knows that he is the murderer ,so he comes behind him !!!!

now Rania must be in full worrying mode!! :sweatingbullets:

I agree with you that this is new for the viewers but as long as it's presented the right way (which looks like they made sure to do so) everything will go smoothly and the drama will win the viewers interest and Lee Jong Seok and Han Hyo Joo made a great job portraying their roles and stole the fans hearts while the drama still didn't air yet so we can be assured that everything has been prepared the right way to have a successful drama that will be loved and remembered as the 1st of its own kind in K-dramaland!! 

I don't think that's where the drama will go but it can be what Yeon Joo's father is afraid of plus Kang Cheol knows a secret that only the two of them knows of so he mut kill him to keep the secret a secret!! but we need to watch the drama to know what's really happening and why it's happening!! 

I don't know how things will go but I can trust that whatever the father is afraid of (to call Kang Cheol a monster) is only in his mind, yes Kang Cheol will seek justice for his family but he won't kill to reach that, he only needs to find the one who ruined his life and make him have the punishment he deserves for what he did and if he ended up loosing the sight of right and wrong out of pain I'm sure Yeon Joo will bring him back to his right minde!!

I really want to see Kang Cheol face to face with Yeon Joo's father and know the secret that the father wants to hide that desperatly and yes I think that Kang Cheol is real somehow but we need the drama to answer us for all these questions!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, moomooz said:

I'm back and there's so much updates about our couple! So happy to say that we only left with ONE LAST DAY!! Time really flies!!! 

My hopes for tomorrow:

- Rating 2 digits

- First kiss scene from the teaser

- BTS release! 

Cr to owner 

I must say that you don't wish for many things!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

POINTING GUN AT EACH OTHER

oh my poor heart!! it's too scary for me to see this even though I know they won't really harm each other!!! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

HE LOOKS AT HER THEN SMILE

and that smile is killing me!! :wub:

9 hours ago, aileex said:

I think OhYeonJoo's dad created Kangchul is too perfect and smart, that's why Kangchul always being curious about his life and dad called him "monster" O_O

is that enough to call someone a monster?!!! but sure thing he's afraid that he'll reach him and even worst he's the only one who knows his secret that we're still to know of in the drama!!

9 hours ago, thea2410 said:

@Rania Zeid , thanks for the welcome! hehehe ^_^

:heart:

and this is basically me SWOONING over KC getting out of his hot red sport car ;) :

how funny that she's fangirling with us over him!!! :wub: this is the 1st time we have such a female lead character!! :lol:

thank you for the gifs!! :wub:

9 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

SHALL WE GET A BACK TO BACK KISS TOMORROW AND ON THURSDAY

if that ever happen I don't know how this thread will ever calm down!!! :lol:

9 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

yeh a big thnxx for amyy nd rainy for the trans they r awesomee

@sakura2016 yeh u r right i should be confident than that ahahah thnxx

you're welcome :) but you shoud not waver again, promise?!! :) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SORA2016 said:

Hello everyone!! : D

yestereday i missed alottt cuz i was on my way to scotland n then i had to go back n read 20+ pages :lol:

THANKFULY THERE's WIFI here!!!! xD

im so happy i can still watch the EPs & join you guys!! :w00t::w00t: yeyyyy ( cant access my account tho @SORA1993):sweatingbullets:

actually,
i was so worried about so many things but after seeing/watching them in the pressconference all the worries disappeared, n about wat the director said, i think -wish- he payed attention  to delails in directing 

now i just need to see them onscreen esp after the long teaser i watched it like 379742+ times alrdy :w00t:

waiting for more than a year & a half/ 6 years was painful but it's hopefuly worth it!! :D

& i really want to THANK you guys!!! 
you see, reading your discussions & spazzing makes waiting for W better & actually really fun!! :D 

i am hoping for complete success & mostly in :

1 plot & directing
2 positive feedback & good ratings!

im not worried abt acting at all ^_^

one more day to go, actually 21:22 hours OMGG!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

COUNTDOWN BEGIINS 
Fightiing!! ~~

hi chingu!! good to see that you manged to post here and hopefully you'll be able to watch the drama episodes as well!! :D 

we all share the same hopes!! and I hope you'd joine us in the thread after watching the pisodes!! :D

Fighting!!

• Like 3