[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Voting for Round 2 is OVER. Please do not continue to vote as your vote will not be counted. 

The results are in ......

In first place we have W - Two Worlds with 51.835%

In second place we have Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo with 27.745%

Third place goes to Descendants of the Sun with 24.58%

So that means that W - Two Worlds and Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo go through to the final round. Details of which are to follow, so do please keep an eye out for it. 

The final tally for each drama in the public poll minus multiple voting, was as follows: 

W-Two Worlds = 127

Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo = 172

Descendants of the Sun = 144

imageproxy.jpg

Judges votes counted for the other 50% of the final tally

cXm1zWg.jpg

Congratulations to the two dramas who have reached the final round. Thank you again to all entrants :)

Thank you to W-TEAM for your hard work!!!!
THANK YOU TO ALL W-DRAMA FANS, LEE JONG SUK'S FANS, HAN HYO JOO'S FANS FOR VOTING IN THIS ROUND!

WE ARE IN THE FINAL ROUND!!!!!!!:D

Credit: @MadraRua
  • Like 6

God is good to us, thank the LORD. i almost panic. i didn't see that coming. i suspected some of them liked, but not overwhelming. oh dear, now i felt so unworthy.

JongSuk-ssi, did you see that? another happy news before you go further study (or the MS thing).

Spoiler

you know the 50% judges are the game-changers. just like those X Factors, where Simon Phillip Cowell and his 3 others, holds a certain decisions-making power. @ibru do represent us to thanks the Judges. but on the other hand, i am worried about the DotS, they wanted so badly for their SongSong which has turned real. we must really thanks them, and yet sound more reserved, so that other groups will not feel the hurt more. be discreet, as we discussed this matter, and sensitive to the feelings of any parties. all in all, kindly do not comments in insensitive ways.

May the Lord bless us for the next Round, its the “Final Episode” just like the chyron appeared infront of Chul, Jeonjoo and Dad, so surreal. may the LORD bless w-team to be humbled and do our best before the final chyron appears "The End.”

thank the LORD God for the appreciations of the Judges, for 8 of them who has voted for all the 3 dramas, @Berou, @MadraRua and whosoever, pls convey our gratitude to all 8 of you, including those who are not within this 8, but have contributed in the poll-counting, whatever....etc. 

w15-00063.jpg

see MadraRua's post at spoiler:

Spoiler

"There were eight judges. I was one of them. I can't speak for the rest but I will tell you about my vote.

I had to be unbiased and ended up voting for W. It was the most cohesive piece in my opinion. They had excellent technical description of the camera work in the directors question and overall were the best at meeting the brief. 

You all did a brilliant job and showed great teamwork to produce your answers. It wasn't easy to choose between the three. If I had gone with my heart it would have been Moon Lovers but I felt I needed to set biases aside and honestly evaluate each piece."
(explained by Mod-MadraRua)

• Like 3

[Final Round] K-Drama Soompi Contest 2016

Hello fellow soompiers,

We've reached the finale !

• Entry Period : 1st Aug (12 PM GMT+1) - 8th Aug ( 12 PM GMT+1)
  • Voting Period : 8th Aug (12 PM GMT +1) - 11th Aug ( 12 PM GMT +1)
  • voting is open to all
  • one team will be eliminated

RULES

Abide by the Soompi Forums Rules as well as the K-Drama Forum Rules

Do NOT make duplicate accounts to vote, the additional accounts will be banned. Therewith,  the votes from these accounts will be void and your participation for the contest might be affected.

Credit your pics

PARTICIPANTS 

- W team

- stargazers team

FINAL ROUND : The villain(s)

Please follow these guidelines :

• The type of villain she/he is  ( eg: tragic villain, serial killer, psychopath, etc.)
  • discuss the villain(s) background
  • discuss his/her relationship with the OTP ( if any)
  • discuss his/her motives
  • discuss his/ her goals
  • discuss his/ her traits
  • discuss his/her impact on the plot advancement
  • describe his/her iconic scene ( NB :  for each villain = a description)

Only thumbnail pictures are allowed: 
-  Horizontal images should not exceed 300px (width) x 175px (height)
- Vertical images should not exceed 150px (width) x 175px (vertical)

The voting consists of 50 % fan voting and of 50 % judges voting.

open to any W-fans who can contribute to the article, anyone who has good article, kindly contribute and PM @ibru, or any one of us.  we welcome anyone outside the w-team to contribute.

• Like 4

I like the concept of the villain in this story. During the broadcast of the first few episodes, a member said that there seemed to be no actual villain in W, an observation which I countered because, if we follow the rules of narrative fiction, a villain must exist so that the story can move forward, whichever universe it is set in. In the case of the action graphic novel genre, the villain is the antithesis of the hero, someone who is the exact opposite of what the main lead is or aspires to become. The genius thing behind the characterization of the W villain is that the W2 story itself is aware of the very rules of its genre. Since the manhwa artist is really bad at character development, the W2 story rewrites and publishes itself as a way of form-correction, thereby giving power not only to the hero to redeem himself but also to the villain to achieve the essence of his existence. The villain is doing a one-man rebellion for being relegated as a mere instrument rather than a full-fledged antagonist. In other words, he is having an existential crisis lels 

I'm voting as a staff member. Yes, responsibility first before my eucalyptus tree Taehwanie. Congratulations on reaching the finals. At this point you have already proven your awesomeness.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, jeijei said:

I like the concept of the villain in this story. During the broadcast of the first few episodes, a member said that there seemed to be no actual villain in W, an observation which I countered because, if we follow the rules of narrative fiction, a villain must exist so that the story can move forward, whichever universe it is set in. In the case of the action graphic novel genre, the villain is the antithesis of the hero, someone who is the exact opposite of what the main lead is or aspires to become. The genius thing behind the characterization of the W villain is that the W2 story itself is aware of the very rules of its genre. Since the manhwa artist is really bad at character development, the W2 story rewrites and publishes itself as a way of form-correction, thereby giving power not only to the hero to redeem himself but also to the villain to achieve the essence of his existence. The villain is doing a one-man rebellion for being relegated as a mere instrument rather than a full-fledged antagonist. In other words, he is having an existential crisis lels 

I'm voting as a staff member. Yes, responsibility first before my eucalyptus tree Taehwanie. Congratulations on reaching the finals. At this point you have already proven your awesomeness.

mmmm.... thanks for that, you indeed inspired something, spark something that set me thinking last nite. thanks for that 'input"  @jeijei am glad the Finale topic is villain, not OTP, else it will evolved into shipper contest. this is definitely more interesting. (btw, not against shippers, am a jongjoo myself.)

• Like 1

DEAR FANS OF DRAMA W-TWO WORLDS!

Thank you very much for voting in the 2016 K-DRAMA CONTEST during all this period!

Now we came to final round 2016 K-DRAMA CONTEST!

Let’s vote all together last time and bring our drama to the first place!

LET’S MAKE OUR DRAMA WINN!

THE LINK FOR VOTING: https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/406103-final-round-k-drama-soompi-contest-2016/

VOTING PERIOD: 8th Aug (12 PM GMT +1) - 11th Aug (12 PM GMT +1)

RULES:

- Abide by the Soompi Forums Rules as well as the K-Drama Forum Rules

- Do NOT make duplicate accounts to vote, the additional accounts will be banned. Therewith, the votes from these accounts will be void and your participation for the contest might be affected

m.bugz.funny @Rania Zeid @irenetan @pandalover1 @shynaz @juju84 @Mau_Cherry @jeonghyang @delfin @LyraYoo @maplekist @bebebisous33 @Kasmic @heartoppaya @kyunii88 @Sarang21 @drmjs @moomooz @sakura2016 @an-naum @Delulu_jie2830 @moodypie @onnififi @plappi @alekaonu @thea2410 @nari01 @ilwoo_aein @uknowahah @adeleyam @qallee @lidylidynew @tucituci @ohnoitscindy @stargazer187 @incrediblethings @VIP_Cake @dramoron @andy78 @shin.u @keisha15 @sebnem @rori0711 @Ahpheng @taskdramafanatic @LanA @serhine @shana0127 @JCWfanSR @parmma @leianji @JackieOnTheRocks @songlovers@lovely_skham @mabelialong @ladylia257 @jurassicet  @ChoieunmiK @MarieJose @mappyminho @moodypie

@nonski  @adeleyam @mujay @Queen01 

@evergreen @Gloom  @missjjkim @mav8 @Claudia Ximena@jigee @chyantrils25 @jurassicet @lovely_skham @wildaffairs @Pui_HHJ @enigmatic_zephy @snowy21 @0ly40 @FarHanah MiSeu @shanzay01 @superbigcat @alleram95 @Yippeuni @theseasasleep @suissou @phenomenon @juju84 @kaqueski @ilchul @julie721 @enigmatic_zephy @LanA @michykdrama @chrissyllee @swiss123 @elviraxxx @leianji @Harukogirl @adeleyam @Pui_HHJ @serhine @sharreb @evie7 @NRGchick@Allon hangul @pinpxx @cathyjoyenrico @soeunlovewithjaerim @jo5587_2011 @taekwang @Academycute101 @Dbsk_Lminho @winwin12 @mariposa23 @blueroses87 @Jafstar @Onur_dem @wildaffairs @CirchelJorice @yren @Harukogirl @kaqueski @ThinkPositive @AyoeB @Adnana @Lady_Fay @gangurhar @Miaruma @Wasabi-Mui @seoulmate90 @Love1403 @RebekahW @Miky88 @gamshe @sandjh @kawaiibooty @ashibarrons @EstherW @OliviaMT @camichi @knightauror @jeijei @LavelyShai @BishieAddict @wunwing1 @siena407 @ms_kdramalover @hallyus @kira @poisonic @miles99 @ksyloveksysisocouple @Moongazer @vieedha @wildaffairs @PororoQueen @dwookie @shana0127 @Nguyen Mai @superxbunny99 @songsquare @KBOO34 @lovehbhjw2013 @sjr2014 @icemaid @pluie89 @huynh.aaron @chiharuhime @Mona Ys @roneddski@wackeemarie @Benzkiegirl @inasaga9 @kasjady @etyar @djappleblush @myaShe @ayni @docster6 @jungkook_is_bae @SunnySun26 @yellomellow001 @stroppyse @snowglobe147 @rori0711 @Plummpychan @sunl0ver @Shajoona @ina2manja @Jafstar@alleram95 @Loyal_ss520 @baby.hae @Jloves @fidda868 @bellalizzie @inasaga9 @dominjoonssi @Yippeuni

PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE AMONG ALL YOUR SNS AND YOUR FRIEND TO VOTE TOO!

IF YOU ARE REALLY A FAN OF DRAMA W-TWO WORLDS, LEE JONG SUK OR HAN HYO JOO, MAKE A SOOMPI ACCOUNT AND VOTE ON SOOMPI!

LET’S MAKE W–TWO WORLDS WINN!

LINK FOR VOTING: https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/406103-final-round-k-drama-soompi-contest-2016/

Only Soompi members can vote!

It's very easy to open Soompi account via FaceBook!

STEPS TO OPEN SOOMPI ACCOUNT:

Go to link: https://www.soompi.com/

•    There is the log in/sign up option on top right

•    Click on it

•    Then blue button appears saying: “SIGN UP BY FB”

•    CLICK ON THAT AND - YOU ARE A SOOMPI MEMBER!

The Key to My Life by Elflover21

• Like 8

DEAR FRIENDS OF DRAMA W TWO WORLDS!

DEAR FANS OF LEE JONG SUK AND HAN HYO JOO!

DEAR SHIPPERS JONGJOO COUPLE!

Thank you very much for voting in the 2016 K-DRAMA CONTEST during all the period!

THE LINK FOR VOTING: https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/406103-final-round-k-drama-soompi-contest-2016/

VOTING PERIOD: Voting Period: 8th Aug (12 PM GMT +1) - 11th Aug (12 PM GMT +1)

RULES

Abide by the Soompi Forums Rules as well as the K-Drama Forum Rules

Do NOT make duplicate accounts to vote, the additional accounts will be banned. Therewith, the votes from these accounts will be void and your participation for the contest might be affected.

PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE AMONG ALL YOUR SNS AND YOUR FRIEND TO VOTE TOO!

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 4

@ibru Since posting is already closed on the Final Round thread, I dropped by to say your final submission was very good. All three round submissions were written well and always an entertaining read.  It's been a pleasure competing with you and your team. Regardless of the outcome, it's been fun!!

:blush:

• Like 8

On 8/8/2017 at 7:56 PM, ibru said:

DEAR FANS OF DRAMA W-TWO WORLDS!

Thank you very much for voting in the 2016 K-DRAMA CONTEST during all this period!

RULES:

- Abide by the Soompi Forums Rules as well as the K-Drama Forum Rules

- Do NOT make duplicate accounts to vote, the additional accounts will be banned. Therewith, the votes from these accounts will be void and your participation for the contest might be affected

Time for giving your vote is now less than 24 hours... It will end on 11th Aug (12 PM GMT +1) / 8 PM KST

@i.am.bugz.funny @Rania Zeid @irenetan @pandalover1 @sohki @taengoo09 @Sarang21 @drew95 @BinguTabi93 @paragon16 @jerboa83 @yy95 @chelbr @Maezy @alliamoon @queenhera @pixiebelle @Pui_HHJ @LadyTime @tommyhamz @hyohan43 @yren @jojo2017 @shynaz @juju84 @delfin @maplekist @heartoppaya @kyunii88 @drmjs @moomooz @an-naum @moodypie @onnififi @alekaonu @thea2410 @nari01 @uknowahah @Qallee @lidylidynew @ohnoitscindy @stargazer187 @incrediblethings @VIP_Cake @dramoron @andy78 @shin.u @sebnem @rori0711 @Ahpheng @taskdramafanatic @LanA @serhine @shana0127 @JCWfanSR @leianji @mabelialong @Yippeuni @enigmatic_zephy @theseasasleep @NRGchick @PororoQueen @JackieOnTheRocks @darcydevenus @fikachuuu @docster6 @kodomonojikan @dominjoonssi @ThinkPositive @naritul @feje210 @kaiskloset @pinocchioAsh @nonski @Kasmic  

@Buldok @Misstwilightfan1416  @MrEildriz @ladyid @Lovelynaa212 @Lyana Pian @Gangsterkadik@xyzwww @julina2907 @rcnwann@lomey86  @staygold@hyohan43 @rychase @Dugun @nalikahibar2 @Hueee @little bunny  @mujay @omiki @Qallee @bitcxh @kasjady @dhia205 @cheekychee @madzgo @ares2ares @ElleSor @bluesky2323 @4nnlov3pink @gangurhar @kissmeStarlight @kaoriharang @inner @starfield  @GREENNA @wildaffairs @Claudia Ximena @rori0711 @mappyminho @julie721 @Miky88 

@vieedha @lovcom00  

To those who haven't give your vote yet, W team ask for your participation. Please vote

Thank you

Voting Link: (at the top of the page)

Final Round: Villain(s)

Don't forget to like our entries too :)

The rest of our entries during the Contest

Round 1: 5 Favorite Scenes

Round 2: Critical Review about the drama

W team

@frozentundra @snowglobe147 @ibru @maryofbethany @kembie @Riman Rakshit @skittles87 @polar15 

• Like 9

@alleram95   Voted yesterday and kept trying to post a comment in the 'conversation' section but somehow it's not working for me after countless times.  Anyway ... will post my comment here. 

What an amazing final round entry W Team! Thank you so much for all of your devotion and hard work on each round of this contest.  I am one of so many that truly appreciate all that you have done.   

• Like 5

I already voted yesterday and my lil sister voted today.

Please if you dont voted already, do it right now.

All the entries of the rounds W Two World that so beautiful, my heart  was shaked with their beautiful words, giving me so many warm memories of this unforgettable k-drama.

• Like 4

Just wanted to share this IG post @alaska.basin: "Cool poem by Shin Kyung Rim, called Paintings. It reminded me so much of W. Full poem plus translation (not mine) below. "

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Paintings
By Shin Kyung Rim

There are times when I long to become part
Of an old-time painting.
There are time when I long to go trudging in,
With my knapsack on,
To enter a tavern,
To push open a back-room door where lasses sit embroidering,
To work the bellows in a blacksmith’s shop;
Just suppose I couldn’t find
The way back out, what then?
Suppose I were trapped
Ina n old-time painting, what then?
There are times when I suddenly realize 
That I’m trapped
Inside a modern-day painting,
And can’t find the way out of it,
Knock and struggle though I may,
I just can’t find
Any door or exit.
There are times when I long to get out
Of this modern-day painting.
There are times when I long to be sitting
In a night express, with my knapsack on,
On my way right out of this world.

Spoiler

• Like 3

FINAL ROUND OF K-DRAMA SOOMPI CONTEST 2016 

@Berou

Thank you for being patient, our apologies for the late results post.

After more than one month,  we have came to the end of our contest and have a winner.

The results minus the duplicate accounts  are :

the popular votes 

roDNwUK.png

W- Two worlds : 162 votes 

Moon lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo : 175 votes

the judges votes 

Kotouwq.jpg

In the first place we have Moon Lovers with 50,97 %

In the second place we have W- Two Worlds with 49,03 %

Congratulations to Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo !

• Like 5

tumblr_oe88ltoL0G1rmku0go1_540.gif&key=a670e9182d73d7067876dbb1412f14f0d517147fc6dc425f3a58b2d9f1661c2ctumblr_oe88ltoL0G1rmku0go2_540.gif&key=730d6877061b7caaf80694aa95fc1a4e5213ddad2ecf19226181955795874bd0

'W' is a memorable and unique k-drama. With this contest, we reminiscing our memories, our happiness while watching this drama. 

We wouldn’t be able to go through the final round without your support.

Thank you for liking our entry and voting in this contest! 

We wish you to have a happy ending!

tumblr_odi4o19mJx1rcyps2o6_400.gif

Картинки по запросу thanks gif animation

W-TEAM: :D

@frozentundra @snowglobe147 @ibru @maryofbethany @kembie @Riman Rakshit @skittles87 @polar15 @alleram95

• Like 9

Congratulations to Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo !

And Congratulations to W- Two Worlds too!   It was tough but a close fight!     BIG THANK YOU to all voters, for your time and effort.

Here, may I take this opportunity to express my love and appreciation to my fellow partners, the W-Team.   So fortunate to have you guys on the team.   To be honest, when we started, we were not sure we pull this off but we certainly did it and did it well.  Really enjoy working with you guys!

Thank you for all the hard work.  It was worth it.

@monjiji  @frozentundra @snowglobe147 @ibru @maryofbethany  @Riman Rakshit @skittles87 @polar15 @alleram95

• Like 7

I'm just so glad we had the chance to compete all the way to the end, and to show people all the things that were so amazing about this drama. It's not every drama that can stand up to being taken apart quite so meticulously. Kudos to the writer, Song Jae Jung, the director, Jung Dae-Yoon, our beloved Lee Jong Suk, Han Hyo Joo, Kim Eui Sung, Lee Si Un, and the many other actors in this show, as well as the camera people, artists, special effects editors, musicians, and heck, even the staff members who carefully adjusted everyone's hair between takes for the sake of continuity. They worked long hours to bring us magic, and for that we are grateful.

I am also grateful to the team that worked together in this contest. I never would have imagined that it would be possible to do a major writing project, in a group, spread across the globe in all different languages and time zones. Yet it was the most enjoyable group project I've ever been involved in. You are all amazing. *group hug*

And finally, thanks to the mods of the contest, @Berou and @MadraRua, for making this more than just a vote-for-your-favorite-oppa contest and instead, making us really think about why these dramas remain with us after a year. Moonlovers, DOTS, and Doctors teams, it was a pleasure to be in a contest with you!

• Like 7