[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

19 minutes ago, Zelda said:

However, I think another part of it is that Kang Chul can now only return to the real world by initiating a chapter end, which means that Kang Chul cannot just “poof” himself out of the W world whenever he wishes.

If I understand right, the rules are:

1) Kang Chul and other manhwa characters are able to summon people from the real world into the W world.

2) People belonging to the real world are returned there from the W world when (one of) the main character(s) triggers a chapter end.

3) With the summoning powers of a manhwa character and yet being a person who belongs to the real world as well, which is Kang Chul's current state, Kang Chul is able to summon himself from the real world into the W world and conversely summon other manhwa characters into the real world.

4) However, because number 2 now applies to Kang Chul, he can only be returned to the real world via a chapter end. In other words, he cannot summon himself out of W into the real world.

Which is also why Kang Chul could not just "summon" Yeon-joo back into the real world when he first found out that she had been kidnapped by the killer and taken into W. She has become a manhwa character and is therefore no longer invincible, but she is also a person who belongs to the real world, so number 2 applies to her.

Sorry for cutting your post, but I think variable 3 is also possible for KC, like he could get himself inside of the manhwa he could also go out by himself. As it was in episode 13 when he disappears from the elevator without a "TBC"-Sign. 

Your last sentence still bothers me, since I saw the episode. The moment the killer pointed the gun at YJ the episode ends. Thats the reason KC came back to real world. But that should also counts for YJ, so at that moment she should have gone back bevor the killer shot her. So why is that not the case?

• Like 4

At the first i tought episode 14 would be gruesome and so on but when i watched it with sub it doesnt that bad and yes like others said, episode 14 full of good things like KC saying an 'I love YJ' in form of he wants to have a happy ending with her and her family include her father. How amazing LJS as KC he transform from cute guy (from previous drama and film like hot young blood (i hate to say but i hate him. Oh gosh he is acting so annoying)) to such a genius-handsome-calm-and-badass guy, I love all of LJS outfit and his wide back like that. aaaak i can't imagine when W has finished. Huhuhu i hope i can still read all comment from people in this forum in other forum. Kyaaaaa can't wait to watch episode 15. i hope KC and YJ have their time to do whatever relate with option 4 (#eh,  this isn't the right time to think that option 4 muahahaha, when our KC and YJ struggling to finish their story).

Oh and I still wondering when the scene KC drive YJ to hospital, and waving happily like in preview episode 12

• Like 6

Popular drama scenes on-screen and off-screen

Updated : September 08 2016 

Korean dramas often have complex plot twists and overly dramatic relationships and love-triangles on-screen, but that isn’t quite the case off-screen.

The atmosphere off-screen and behind the scenes is just as dynamic but not nearly as complicated or intense.

Take a look at some popular dramas on-screen and off-screen.

tumblr_inline_od6h0ji2lB1sp3v51_540.png

On-screen, there has been an escalating romance between Kang-chul (played by Lee Jong-suk) and Oh Yeon-joo (played by Han Hyo-joo), whilst New Face (played by Kim Eui-sung) attempts to foil their romance and kill Lee and Oh. 

tumblr_inline_od6h1c26Mz1sp3v51_540.png

Off-screen, these three enjoy their rest in between takes by taking selfies and making funny faces.

Read more: Kpopherald

• Like 17

2 hours ago, majiko said:

[...]

1) When Kang Chul was captured by Han Chul-Ho why didn’t he use variable 3 to disappear. He could come back later to get the tablet. So there was no need to go through all this. When Han Chul-Ho mentioned that his skills don’t work because of the drugs, I thought ok that makes sence. But than a short time later, after he went back to the real world, he used variable 3 to get Han Chul-Ho to the real world without a problem.

[...]

1 hour ago, Sice said:

[...]

1. The drugs could have worn off by the time KC was teleported back to the real world, or as KC have figured that HCH is somewhat aware of the tablet's value, teleporting would not assure that the tablet will still be on the same spot when he return inside the manhwa, especially when time can fly there.

[...]

@majiko, I think @Sice makes a great point about not being assured of the tablet’s location if Kang Chul left the W world and came back later, and about the drug possibly having worn off a little bit.

However, I think another part of it is that Kang Chul can now only return to the real world by initiating a chapter end, which means that Kang Chul cannot just “poof” himself out of the W world whenever he wishes.

I am wondering if I am I understanding the rules right or am I forgetting something...? I think they are:

1) Kang Chul and other manhwa characters are able to summon people from the real world into the W world.

2) People belonging to the real world are returned there from the W world when (one of) the main character(s) triggers a chapter end.

3) With the summoning powers of a manhwa character and yet being a person who belongs to the real world as well, which is Kang Chul's current state, Kang Chul is able to summon himself from the real world into the W world and conversely summon other manhwa characters into the real world.

4) However, because number 2 now applies to Kang Chul, he can only be returned to the real world via a chapter end. In other words, he cannot summon himself out of W into the real world.

Which is also why Kang Chul could not just "summon" Yeon-joo back into the real world when he first found out that she had been kidnapped by the killer and taken into W. She has become a manhwa character and is therefore no longer invincible, but she is also a person who belongs to the real world, so number 2 applies to her.

Of course, there is the time where Kang Chul poofed out of the elevator in episode 13, and since we didn't see a TBC chyron at that time it looked like KC summoned himself back into the real world. However, I think that might have just been a bit of poor editing, since I think that marked the change of the manhwa following Kang Chul's perspective and switching to a new chapter showing Yeon-joo's, since chapter 340 seems to start with Yeon Joo and the killer.

Hmm, am I forgetting something? The time when Kang Chul went and caught the killer and faked his death, he got out of the W world through a TBC chyron chapter end. And, from episode 15's preview it seems like Kang Chul and Yeon Joo will be working to end the "final chapter" in order to get out of the W world. Was there any time except when KC was in the elevator that he left the W world without us being shown a TBC chyron...?

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, majiko said:

Sorry for cutting your post, but I think variable 3 is also possible for KC, like he could get himself inside of the manhwa he could also go out by himself. As it was in episode 13 when he disappears from the elevator without a "TBC"-Sign. 

Your last sentence still bothers me, since I saw the episode. The moment the killer pointed the gun at YJ the episode ends. Thats the reason KC came back to real world. But that should also counts for YJ, so at that moment she should have gone back bevor the killer shot her. So why is that not the case?

@majiko Oops, I remembered about the elevator only five minutes after I posted, so I went back and cut that out of my post, but I guess you had already read it. Sorry to be confusing. I did some more thinking and reposted my thoughts with some extra information here.

That manhwa chapter ended when Yeon-joo passed out from being shot. Both she and Kang Chul were returned to the real world at that time.

Edit: Oops again, this ended up being two posts in a row. My apologies to the moderators and everyone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majiko said:

The episode ended when YJ was already shot and passed out closing her eyes not when the killer pointed the gun to her.

EDIT: @Zelda did a much better job at explaining this. I should have payed more attention and refreshed before posting, sorry.

Edited by yeonka
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zelda said:

@majiko, I think @Sice makes a great point about not being assured of the tablet’s location if Kang Chul left the W world and came back later, and about the drug possibly having worn off a little bit.

However, I think another part of it is that Kang Chul can now only return to the real world by initiating a chapter end, which means that Kang Chul cannot just “poof” himself out of the W world whenever he wishes.

I am wondering if I am I understanding the rules right or am I forgetting something...? I think they are:

3) With the summoning powers of a manhwa character and yet being a person who belongs to the real world as well, which is Kang Chul's current state, Kang Chul is able to summon himself from the real world into the W world and conversely summon other manhwa characters into the real world.

4) However, because number 2 now applies to Kang Chul, he can only be returned to the real world via a chapter end. In other words, he cannot summon himself out of W into the real world.

Of course, there is the time where Kang Chul poofed out of the elevator in episode 13, and since we didn't see a TBC chyron at that time it looked like KC summoned himself back into the real world. However, I think that might have just been a bit of poor editing, since I think that marked the change of the manhwa following Kang Chul's perspective and switching to a new chapter showing Yeon-joo's, since chapter 340 seems to start with Yeon Joo and the killer.

Hmm, am I forgetting something? The time when Kang Chul went and caught the killer and faked his death, he got out of the W world through a TBC chyron chapter end. And, from episode 15's preview it seems like Kang Chul and Yeon Joo will be working to end the "final chapter" in order to get out of the W world. Was there any time except when KC was in the elevator that he left the W world without us being shown a TBC chyron...?

@Zelda Hi, If I may add something in your post that I higlighted yellow....

I think KC doesn't need to wait the chapter end. He could go back and forth between W and real world as he wishes but it should be happen at the place that both worlds have. Remember he did go in several times  before to check what happening in W when there's no new chapter uploaded in the real world. When he wanted to see DY, he needed to go to the hotel in real world. The reason why KC couldn't just summon YJ back to real world when she was kidnapped by the killer in W, he needs to find the place before he could do that, but it was too late for him. 

So he could summon someone when he or the person he wants to summon were be at the same place that both worlds have. The hospital, warehouse, hotel, the government hall ( HHC office). That's why he needed to make HHC went to the hospital in W that is the same hospital in real world, let him know which floor and room he should go. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Hueee said:

Dramabeans recap on yesterdays episode is out getting ready for another crazy episode tonight

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/w-two-worlds-episode-14/ 

@Hueee at all times, Dramabeans is the Genesis and the Revelation of which i turned to, for in-depth, unbiased, passionate autopsy on characters.
loved the last part that Girlfriday wrote; "and now he’s discovered that loving Yeon-joo and choosing a life with her is his ultimate rebellion against his predetermined fate. There are a lot of things to love about their relationship, but I like that it represents choice, and that at every step of the way, they’re actively choosing to be together and fight for their happy ending. Could Fate be so cruel as to not grant them that one thing? Don’t answer that. I want to think happy thoughts while I still can."

Loving yeon-joo was a choice he made totally on his own, while not because of just been touched by some girls' crushes on him. i believed, the Chul version 1.0 should be someone not lacking of women chasing after him (see the Bontique scene when he bought $3000 worth dress can tell, girls were swooning in his presence, and he didn't even reward SoHee anything for having crush on him. no. the choice he made to love her, is solely not to 'reward' her for her loving him only... while she manyfold sacrifices did touches him. but its her characters displayed thru these sacrifices that was 'strange' (by 'strange' means 'Charming', 'alluring') to him, he  chose to know more of her, knowing she obviously give crap-excuses yet still find her 'entertaining and attractive' while giving those 'lies', then trusting her against his always good judgment was the proof that alarmingly he might be attracted to her... and he chose to stay on in that position to find out more about her, he chose to actively involved into her life, our chul is a blunt and at times 'rude' and honest with his answer person, ever before YJ. I don't think he just let YJ chose her, but himself actively Chose her.... chose to discovered the missing experiences of what he should have memories of before. In Short he is not passive in their relationship together, he is just a man of not direct confession, but definitely he chose to love her. By his choosing her, he practice Free will, and he experienced the Best Thing God give to Human, a Choice to know, to love, to be responsible.  

have i ever seen a scene couple fight that much, with all their wits to stay together, what makes W clicked is, both are using all their brain-juices, and fighting time, evne fighting fate (Okay, in drama sense "fate', real life i believe in God, not fate.) they fight against what rules and variables that threatens them. they fight even till death.... by death, really means death... Kangchul surivive 2 times written out of her life. i count yeonjoo, one of the most unrelenting heroines around, instead of 'mopping' around as said by some biased recappers... she actively try to do something to save him, not just to save the realtionship. and i like her boldness, when come to time to confess, and to be honest, she will not shy off, and i really loved Chul here, his confession to Dad, is almost is his confession to us (we viewers who still doubted him, thinking the Chul 2.0 is just repaying debts and loved YJ less than Chul 1.0 loved her, yes, many viewers even at Dramabeans still think that Chul doesn't love YJ but just feeling responsible... nuff defensing her. ) we see Chul fighting to save YJ, at the same time fighting to save her dad, because he is the dad of his wife... this sentence make my tears flow inwards... he don't just save Dad's physical life, he revive dad's hope in having the family he lost many years ago... the family he lost and end up drawing Chul. and yes, the last thing he will expect is Chul his own creation, become the main source that draw his family back, making himself, feel responsble again.  Lee Jongsuk should be proud of Kangchul, and the way he show the diff ways v.1.0 loves and v,2.0 loves, ulitimately, we must all remember Version 2.0 is that awesome also because of his experiences as being Version 1.0. both loves Yeonjoo, that what makes him human.

Speak like a true Crazy dog fan: the worst always come at the last part... while i am dying to see their faces week after week,  a part of me, is not just not ready to miss seeing them anymore after ep16. But because anything can happen up to the whim and fancy of Writernim. Not to see them anymore is still a lesser pain, but to be 'gifted' with a tragic endings... boy that stayed a scar forever.... esp when you were so devoted, as like never before... i do have this deva ju feels, in two of the past dramas that i was dying for good ending. (Healer was cloud9, Remember wotS was bottompitt... ) then i know loving a drama is just like a man loving a girl, you become vulnerable, esp when you are not that kind that say "what to watch next'..... many of us take the characters we loved so painfully 'REAL'., that's why we can identity ourselves with Yeonjoo. we do have a little yeonjoo in ourselves, some where outthere, we always think someone is living in this kinds of similar life, then i wanted that person to have a happy ending. so this 7 years is extreme tortures. What is worst, to anticipate the unknown which is coming 7 days later, until i can't work can't perform normally and moods goes south? or to have the tragic come and weathered the tragic ends and get over with it...... and angst and hates the writernim together with the director together with MBC...?
to love a show so much... really made one vulnerable.

• Like 9

I have to be honest, I was disappointed in episode 14 because to me it feels like a vicious circle. Not only does it seems like a vicious circle, nothing makes sense to me. I usually can find the logic in dramas and movies that are based on illogical themes (vampires, fantasy, etc), this one just doesn't make any sense and it doesn't effectively explain how one world becomes reality in another world. KC in the past was suspended in time at one point (when he jumped in the river) until YJ draws a boat to rescue him. Now it seems the worlds just continues on it's own--with KC able to take YJ back to the comic world.  

For me it started strong, but now it's just feeling very disjointed. In episode 14 YJ was in the drama for, what? 5 minutes? Well, that's what it seemed like.  I know this is going against the grain on this thread, but it's just my opinion and take on the recent episode.

• Like 2

Ep 14, after watching the subs, is sad but ultimately still a good  episode, focused on getting the tablet to save YJ, whatever the cost.  I agree with you, KC's conversation with SM on the hospital rooftop was so poignant, meaningful.  

Am ready for Ep 15. Except for the preview I can still not predict what twists and turns we will be getting.   My fearless (well, not that fearlesss, lol):   to make up for her lack of screentime ep 14, It could be her time to shine in this one.  

• Like 6