[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest dancelover

hi i have a problem!

i saw in the first few pages that the ipod can play mp4 formats for videos. but when i downloaded a Heroes episode video and converted it to mp4 format, and dragged it to add into my ipod on itunes, it told me that the ipod wasn't capable of playing the video. does anyone know a solution or any other video format that the ipod can play?

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help please!

I was just wondering, do I have to install iTunes again since I changed my ipod? My uncle gave me his ipod video with his songs in there already so I have to reupload it. Everytime I finish uploading the ipod it shows "do not disconnect" and it stays like that

Plus, my videos are not in the ipod even though I changed the settings (I think it's because I used to have a nano so it doesn't display videos :sweatingbullets:)

hey~

i have an ipod touch and whenever i go on it, it stays on whatever i am doing (for example trying to listen to music) and then it stops completely after a few seconds and then it returns to main menu/home screen. and i don't know what's wrong with it. help please?

thanks!

Guest ekwenndy

OH MA GAHH ! someone please help me TT__TT

so yesterday, as i was opening itunes to import more songs into my ipod

i saw that all my music and videos were gone TT__TT

all that was left was blankness.

the message read that my music was synced to another computer. @_@ but it was the same computer!!

the day before it was all okay. now everything is gone. what should i do now? i didn't back up all my songs.

and when i tried to put one of my songs from the computer into itunes, it still was put into itunes.

To move store purchases from your iPod:

Make sure the iPod has the purchased items you want to transfer.

Make sure the destination computer (the one you want to transfer items to) is authorized to play iTunes Store purchases (choose Store > Authorize and then click Authorize).

Connect your iPod to the destination computer.

Do one of the following:

If the iPod is synced with another computer or is an iPod shuffle: Click Transfer Purchases in the dialog that appears.

If the iPod is set up to manually manage items: Wait for the iPod to appear in the iTunes window (below Devices), and then choose File > Transfer Purchases From iPod.

erm yeah i tried the transfer purchase thingy but nothing happened !!

so if anyone could help me TT___TT please !!!

to awdark:

so what did you do with your ipod?

now my ipod won't turn on anymore, and so i tried to restore it and now i get this message on the ipod saying "erasing ipod". and then there was an error and i couldn't restore it.

do you know what i can do?

could there be a problem with the songs, ipod, or the computer?

x3swty, I can tell you don't worry for the ipod touch is virtually indestructible.

Did you ever modify your ipod so it can install programs to it?

Thats jail breaking the ipod... most of the time it works out good and you end up with a ton of new programs you can play with.

You can try the ipod touch thread in the mp3 section of tech, http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/ <- useful forum also has lots of help.

(Did a search) http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305797 with any luck that might work.

I got the new ipod shuffle as a gift with songs on it but everytime i connect it to my computer it says I either have to erase & sync or transfer my purchases...so obviously I want to keep the songs but it keeps saying i have to authorize my computer...I suppose I can ask the person who gave me my gift for the pw, but I feel kind of bad...

is there any other way I can just add on new songs?

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

i think this question was already asked. i'd like to move my entire itunes library from my old computer to my new one, with all the information intact, such as how many times i've played it and what playlist the songs are in and so on. i don't have a usb flash drive and that is a hassle. i tried using my ipod to move the library but my old one has no memory space so that is a problem for that method. i downloaded some software but of course it's only a demo so i can only move 100 of my songs which is not all that helpful. i tried some 'export' then use 'library mover' thing then 'import' but that just..did not work all too well either. could someone please help me?

hi there~ just a few days ago

a few songs on my ipod (mainly all my SUJU songs)

turned really soft on my ipod. when i listen to it

on my comp, it's still the same volume as the others

but when i listen to it on my ipod it's REALLY soft

does anyone know why this happens? and how i can

fix it?

-Rebecca

Guest tecktonik/

AHHGG!!! I am so frustrated, I feel like throwing something at the wall. I just spent half an hour trying to download Super, and there is not one DARN link anywhere, no matter where I click. Help me get there, someone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest coffee shop!

MAJOR HELP. AND THANK YOUS TO THE ONE WHO HELPS ME.

I've searched everywhere, down and low. EVERYWHERE!

My new Ipod WILL NOT charge. I've had it since November and now its

not charging. WHY? I don't know.

Okay, so whenever I plug it into my computer, the charging sign (lightning bolt)

is supposed to come up, but instead, the amount of battery left, just shows =

no charging, what so ever.

I'm going on a vacation 15 hour drive, and I need MY ipod. But I can't charge it

PLEASE Help </3

Guest SOUL'd to:GD

I don't know if this is still the right place to ask but I mean it IS IPOD related @_@

but I was wondering if anyone knows any free iPOD video converter programs? Like, not the trial ones where it'll

only convert 5 minutes of the video max, but a FULL converter? Besides vixy.net because I tried installing it and

for some reason there was an error, jdnks argh it's so frustrating. I have no absolute idea why :(

After I install it and I try to open the program, the error says, The application failed to initialize properly. etc.

so that's why I'm looking for another converter

thank you!

Guest <3 Kim

I just got a new computer and a new laptop and installed itunes on it. Whenever I try to add music to the library or movie files it doesn't show up for some reason <_< I want to add new music and video clips onto my ipod but i can't cos its not showing anything up <_< how do i fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SP0NJiE

Okay, I bought an iPod nano 2nd generation refurbished from apple.com for my cousin's birthday. She's been having problems with the songs. Like, one of the song freezes in the middle of it and goes to the next song. We tried downloading a different file of the same song and re-putting it onto her iPod but it still doesn't work. And she just recently told me that it's doing that again to another song. Why could be the problem?

Okay, I bought an iPod nano 2nd generation refurbished from apple.com for my cousin's birthday. She's been having problems with the songs. Like, one of the song freezes in the middle of it and goes to the next song. We tried downloading a different file of the same song and re-putting it onto her iPod but it still doesn't work. And she just recently told me that it's doing that again to another song. Why could be the problem?

Might be goodto try. A restore, wipe everything off of the iPod that way if it still fails and crashes you can probably blame it on a defective iPod. Make sure you fill it while you test to make sure it doesn't just mess up at a certain point, like its possible at the 300mb point there is corruption or smething

Guest saving_carmen

HELP! my ipod. when i plugged it into my computer. itunes pops up this thing that says " ITUNES CAN NOT READ THE CONTENTS OF THIS IPOD"

what do i do??

Archived