[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

44 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

True, but there are instances where if developed right and given the proper attention it deserves, a second season could be better than the first (sometimes this happens in movies)...the problem was that this project was rushed for the sake of making money and pleasing fans, had they done a better job with the script/source material, we wouldn't even have this problem. I was reading some of the translations in the novel and lets just say that the author is not the best out there in my opinion....

With BL specifically,  apart from a few cases, a second season is always worst than the first .... It ends up being simply fanservice with cute moments, and drama that doesn't make sense (Hello SOTUS S :D) ....

As you say,  they rushed it because of the hype :( (as they always seem to do with BL these days, just putting out a second season because fans wanted it, trying to be as fast as possible without giving us a decent storyline)

But it seems that people are satisfied with the senseless drama and conflicts as long as the couple has cute moments together and then people go "aaah but look at them, they're so cute together!!" (as @dustinmyeye said)

• Like 2

I honestly haven’t even bothered to watch last weeks episode because the series hasn’t been appealing to me like it was before. This series was VERY rushed, unlike the first one. Like I said before if they had taken their time on the writing I wouldn’t have minded waiting another year for Sotus S. But the sad truth is they didn’t and now we’re stuck with an atrocious storyline.....

• Like 1

Just now, Kittypur said:

I honestly haven’t even bothered to watch last weeks episode because the series hasn’t been appealing  to me like it did before. This series was VERY rushed, unlike the first one. Like I said before if they had taken their time on the writing I wouldn’t have minded waiting another year for Sotus S. But the sad truth is they didn’t and now we’re stuck with an atrocious storyline.....

Yeah, it was so rushed because it took them a few months to actually decide whether they'll do another season or not and bam! they made the decision and did everything so fast I was like wut ???

• Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 10:35 AM, dustinmyeye said:

Episode 7 was pretty much another session of Kongpob making puppy eyes at Arthit. The version he gives in the bedroom scene is quite exceptional - I actually laughed, it's so good. But the explanation for the room change did not add up. Kongpob did not get up one morning, decide to change room, discover that the one next to Arthit was vacant, organise all the paper work and make the necessary payments by that evening. Not whilst he was at work ! He had planned it - and not discussed it with Arthit. When asked if there was anything else he wasn't saying he did not mention that Arthit had been talking to Daddy K.

I just wished that Kongpob would grow up. The puppy thing was cute in Season 1, but it is really getting on my nerves (that and the xylophone music :-) ). He seems to be quite incapable of understanding that there needs to be a limit to his public displays of devotion to Arthit. When he gets told to stop. Back to puppy eyes : I am trying to work out the distance between us. Oh, give over, already. Get a life and stop being so intense all the time.

Why did they not say that they were old friends from Uni ? That would have allowed a certain amount of male-bonding behaviour. Did Earth pick up on it whilst they were all together ? She should have noticed that Kongpob gushes his admiration for Arthit. Was there a hint in the office that she 'knows' ? She certainly changed the subject from Kongpob very quickly. Will she be the person to whom Arthit can open up ?

John, you are going to burn. Just letting you know in advance so you can be wearing your flame resistant boxers for the rest of the series.

We had a re-run of the balcony scene, the pair of them alone in their own rooms. We also got a re-run of the drinks scene with the pink milk. As you say another dose of Arthit being shy, finishing on a shot of two toothbrushes. I know what that is meant to suggest but like so many scenes, we just skip. Arthit loses it at the dinner table. Cut to outside an hour later on the way home. What happened after Arthit snapped ? Was it all weird silence ? Did the others look at the pair of them and think ; oh ! what was that all about ? How the hell did the pair actually remain side by side for the remainder of the meal ?

Forget Dae and his problems, forget Nai, cut out all the eating scenes, what I, personally, want to see is Arthit actually showing a bit of passion for Kongpob, having the heart to heart talk, explaining what and how he thinks. All the stuff that should have taken place years ago, but hey, the script didn't allow for that so better late than never.

There must be some sort of energy between the pair or they would not still be, sort of, together but we never see it. Arthit, incapable of kissing him, Arthit in a sulk because of him, Arthit getting snappy because of him, Arthit acting coy in the bedroom. Where is the Arthit whose heart skips a beat even when they are not alone ? Where is the Arthit who, despite his fears, was able to declare his love for another man ? He hasn't even made Kongpob a sandwich let alone tried to rip his clothes off.

You will note that despite my complaints I didn't cut out the scene where John burns !

Hi, sorry for not responding before, I have no habit of coming to these forums. A lot has happened since episode 7. Funnily, I never consider Kongpob should grow up as much as I think Arthit should show more interest in the relationship.

I think there's a lack of communication among them or a lack of life experience, hence we have all these situations that put some strain in the relationship. Why cant they just sit down and set the rules of their relationship in public and in private? Why Arthit acts so distant and apparently makes Kongpob act like a clingy boyfriend?

Why is Kongpob hesitant about telling Arhtit about his family and upbringing? Why all the drama? 

As to that meal, I guess that after Arthit losed it, Kongpob sulked through the remainder of the dinner, which brought us to the closing scene, again, no other words, these two barely speak about the deep stuff.

About the energy, i dont know, it looks more as if Arthit takes his relationship with Kongpob as a students thing that should stay in the University.

I guess that now that the grounds for a turning point have been stretchtedly laid, we'll get to se more of Arthit's feelings. The series has taken two episodes! to get to that point.

The only upside of this is seeing the booming relationg between Yong and Nai and seeing John getting busted for his dirty ways. And Arthit finally meeting Kong's father. And Earth finding out before the rest and supporting their relationship .

Hope episode 12 lives up to the teasers and the spoilers.

Edited by heartlessgirl

Can somebody tell me where I can download the episodes raw in full hd? I've downloaded in hd from gcinee and form thai4uchannel who has it in 720p but I want the 1080HD version.I used to download them  from a twitter account but they stopped updating right before Sotus S started. 

Help please!

8 hours ago, heartlessgirl said:

Can somebody tell me where I can download the episodes raw in full hd? I've downloaded in hd from gcinee and form thai4uchannel who has it in 720p but I want the 1080HD version.I used to download them  from a twitter account but they stopped updating right before Sotus S started. 

Help please!

that count is JJong? 

11 hours ago, heartlessgirl said:

Help please!

You can download them from YouTube. 

15 hours ago, heartlessgirl said:

Hi, sorry for not responding before, I have no habit of coming to these forums. A lot has happened since episode 7. Funnily, I never consider Kongpob should grow up as much as I think Arthit should show more interest in the relationship.

I think there's a lack of communication among them or a lack of life experience, hence we have all these situations that put some strain in the relationship....

Why is Kongpob hesitant about telling Arhtit about his family and upbringing? Why all the drama? 

I guess that now that the grounds for a turning point have been stretchtedly laid, we'll get to se more of Arthit's feelings. The series has taken two episodes! to get to that point.

The only upside of this is seeing the booming relationg between Yong and Nai and seeing John getting busted for his dirty ways. And Arthit finally meeting Kong's father. And Earth finding out before the rest and supporting their relationship .

Hope episode 12 lives up to the teasers and the spoilers.

For some of us (and it would apparently not be the majority) the major flaw in the series is the time gap. You ask why is Kongpob hesitant about talking about his family ? My question would be, how come in three years neither has ever asked about the other's family ? Why all the drama ? Because, well , it creates drama. No wonder Arthit walked off at the end of episode 11. What else could he do ? Kongpob consistently keeps him in the dark. The internship, the moving flat, the father (twice). On top of that he has just been outed at work.

You are right. They do not communicate. Kongpob moves in next door so that he can be 'with the one he loves'. Cute moment for the fans. They then never speak to each other, do not eat together. Don't go to work together. They meet in the lift. Waste of money moving flat if you ask me. Same town would have had the same effect on their relationship as same building.

Arthit has his moments when he shows his feelings. He didn't hesitate at the beach to tell Kongpob that he loved him. Cute moment. But after three years why the need for a scene - ' I would wish that you told me that you loved me everyday '. Cute moment.

11 Episodes to finally reach THE dramatic turn - being outed - that didn't need to be made worse by Kongpob's lack of truth.

We now have two episodes to fix the problem (unless the last is a : making of). My money is it all being glossed over and a 'Happy Ever After' outcome. Kongpob will do his : What do I really mean to you thing (the same question could be posed to him as he never tells Arthit anything). Arthit will get all shy and tell him, "Oh I will always love you". Cute moments all around. Roll credits. Next year in season 3...

As I have mentioned before if the two break up they should have done so episodes back and had done with it. If I were Arthit, I would have left Kongpob years ago. I would not accept , even in a friend let alone a prospective partner, the constant lack of communication.

Frankly I am not certain that the writer has any understanding of the mechanics of all this. I know that @Mel_Rios sort of disagrees with me about this. My take on the story is that the pair of them are 'supposed' to have found the great love of their life. All the back stories in the special scenes show : Cute moments. They are 'supposed' to be moving forward, together. But when we see them today the reality is : nothing changed. If anything they went backwards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:
Spoiler

For some of us (and it would apparently not be the majority) the major flaw in the series is the time gap. You ask why is Kongpob hesitant about talking about his family ? My question would be, how come in three years neither has ever asked about the other's family ? Why all the drama ? Because, well , it creates drama. No wonder Arthit walked off at the end of episode 11. What else could he do ? Kongpob consistently keeps him in the dark. The internship, the moving flat, the father (twice). On top of that he has just been outed at work.

You are right. They do not communicate. Kongpob moves in next door so that he can be 'with the one he loves'. Cute moment for the fans. They then never speak to each other, do not eat together. Don't go to work together. They meet in the lift. Waste of money moving flat if you ask me. Same town would have had the same effect on their relationship as same building.

Arthit has his moments when he shows his feelings. He didn't hesitate at the beach to tell Kongpob that he loved him. Cute moment. But after three years why the need for a scene - ' I would wish that you told me that you loved me everyday '. Cute moment.

11 Episodes to finally reach THE dramatic turn - being outed - that didn't need to be made worse by Kongpob's lack of truth.

We now have two episodes to fix the problem (unless the last is a : making of). My money is it all being glossed over and a 'Happy Ever After' outcome. Kongpob will do his : What do I really mean to you thing (the same question could be posed to him as he never tells Arthit anything). Arthit will get all shy and tell him, "Oh I will always love you". Cute moments all around. Roll credits. Next year in season 3...

As I have mentioned before if the two break up they should have done so episodes back and had done with it. If I were Arthit, I would have left Kongpob years ago. I would not accept , even in a friend let alone a prospective partner, the constant lack of communication.

Frankly I am not certain that the writer has any understanding of the mechanics of all this. I know that @Mel_Rios sort of disagrees with me about this. My take on the story is that the pair of them are 'supposed' to have found the great love of their life. All the back stories in the special scenes show : Cute moments. They are 'supposed' to be moving forward, together. But when we see them today the reality is : nothing changed. If anything they went backwards.

Omg your analyses are always so detailed :o 

It's true that the time gap is the biggest flaw, at least for me... then this big flaw creates all the other flaws like "why didn't they talk about each other families during all this time", "why are they so shy about their feelings for each other(even when they're alone) after so much time" etc....

I don't even watch the show (the full episodes from beginning to end, like I did with the first season), but seeing the clips, summaries, reviews, and comments here I totally get the 'feeling' of this season.... 

Funny how there was more 'spark' between them in the first season when they weren't even a couple than now, after two years of being together :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Same town would have had the same effect on their relationship as same building.

LOL, you're so right. Nothing's changed since Kongpop moved next door to the love of his life. But I understand Kongpop's action a bit, if he had told Arthit beforehand, the other guy might have said no. 

My problem with Kongpop is that he talks very slowly. I don't speak Thai so I don't know whether it's normal for someone to take that long to get their point across. Sometimes, I feel like falling asleep just listening to Kongpop talking (or is it the effect of this whole season together?). But I don't think it would have taken long for Kongpop to say this to Arthit (even when they're in a rush): “The man you're going to meet is my dad. I'll explain to you later.” But drama...

When this season ends, there will definitely be some fans who wish for another season. I wish I could be as optimistic as they are. 

Edited by kimberly12
  • Like 1

We can’t place the whole blame on Kongpope when Arthit is just at fault as he is. He literally has Kong chasing him all the time while he barley reciprocates. He just wants some lovin that’s all ( ̄▽ ̄). As we saw from the flashbacks, in university Arthit was somewhat cute towards Kongpope but that completely changed when he started working. Kong probably feels insecure because Arthit just doesn’t show his true feelings even after two years.

-I don’t know Honestly these two are just messed up in there own way-

- These two in my opinion are equally to blame for their downfall-

*SIDENOTE*

I watched this weeks episode and I somewhat liked it. Two things I didn’t like was how the conflict was resolved in the same episode. I wish they used this story line for the last couple of episodes so we wouldn’t have to deal with the fillers.

The second one being how I don’t think they really truely talked about the lack of communication between them. Kongpope had a perfect opportunity when he gave the gear back to Arthit but I’m pretty sure he didn’t as the eng sub hasn’t come out yet.

Even though this series has been quite disappointing writing/storyline wise, I feel kind of sad knowing that next week is the last episode.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Harunacamelia said:

welp! that was by far the worst episode of the season...

Not sure I would go that far. The third and fourth episodes with all that chasing Dae stuff really annoyed my head. Whatever happened to that pointless plot that took up so much time ?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Kittypur said:

We can’t place the whole blame on Kongpope when Arthit is just at fault as he is. He literally has Kong chasing him all the time while he barley reciprocates. He just wants some lovin that’s all ( ̄▽ ̄). As we saw from the flashbacks, in university Arthit was somewhat cute towards Kongpope but that completely changed when he started working. Kong probably feels insecure because Arthit just doesn’t show his true feelings even after two years.

-I don’t know Honestly these two are just messed up in there own way-

- These two in my opinion are equally to blame for their downfall-

*SIDENOTE*

I watched this weeks episode and I somewhat liked it. Two things I didn’t like was how the conflict was resolved in the same episode. I wish they used this story line for the last couple of episodes so we wouldn’t have to deal with the fillers.

The second one being how I don’t think they really truely talked about the lack of communication between them. Kongpope had a perfect opportunity when he gave the gear back to Arthit but I’m pretty sure he didn’t as the eng sub hasn’t come out yet.

Even though this series has been quite disappointing writing/storyline wise, I feel kind of sad knowing that next week is the last episode.

Aye a reasonable episode - if you took it completely out of context. To quote myself from a few days ago : My money is it all being glossed over and a 'Happy Ever After' outcome.

Arthit coming out at a party - well bless my cotton socks - you would never have expected that would you ? I mean that was how it was resolved in Season 1.

On my first viewing I found myself laughing out loud at Kongpob. "I don't know why he is angry with me...actually I don't know what he is thinking". Well you wouldn't because you spend so much time not telling him anything important that you can't see the problem.

I noticed that the issue over him not mentioning his father was completely forgotten about.

"Why don't you tell me when something is bothering you ?" Possibly because they haven't had chance to meet in the lift recently to discuss their lives.

The problem with the photo is just the latest thing. The entire season has been a build up of Kongpob dropping surprise after surprise on Arthit.

"Do the past two years mean anything to you at all ?...What am I to you ? A lover, a junior, or just an acquaintance ?"

No idea, because acquaintances share more information than these two do and as for being lovers, there has been absolutely nothing in the story line to suggest that they have reached the stage of being physical. I presumed, yes at the start of these season but once Kongpob moved in next door and then never spent a single evening with Arthit I now have major doubts. As we are led to believe that in this entire season they have only kissed once that doesn't strike me as 'lovers'.

It was good that Tod went as far as actually supporting Arthit. What I do not follow is that Earth doesn't do so even though she is talking to Kongpob.

Continuity moment : Arthit's pen wont write, but when he looks at it, the cap is still on :) Sort of sums his life up.

The back flashes at the university showed the space between them but almost none of those wee incident were ever resolved. We just moved on to next week's episode.

"When you can decide yourself, we can talk again" But they haven't actually talked about anything. At this momentous point in their relationship they still don't communicate, it is all about cute moments from the past. The scene was well done on an emotional level but Arthit didn't say a word and Kongpob is obviously incapable of reading him.

I wasn't quite sure which of the two gears Arthit thought he had lost. One was on his table and he had one in his pocket. I am presuming that he thought he had lost his own (the one Kongpob returned to him).

Sing-song time to fill in another ten minutes and Arthit makes his announcement. We can all sleep easy in our beds tonight. Not sure why everybody acted surprised, they have all been looking at the photos and gossiping about it.

Heaven knows what they will do next week. Arthit gets to formally meet the family ? Tod meets John, now begging on the side of the street, and gives him a good kicking ? What we can be certain of is - that the pair won't sit and talk to each other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

We knew there was a break up coming... but the way it was done is really moving.

Kong giving Arthit his gear back, and walking that huge and empty hall so slowly... like expecting a reaction...

And yet Arthit doesn't anything... but cry...

Why was he crying...? Because he was mad at Kong? Because he was mad at himself...? Because he didn't know what to do?

The fact that Arthit doesn't have anyone to talk is simply terrible... We all need a good friend to cry our hearts out load in times like this.

The steps Kong took were very drastic, but necessary:

(1) Give the gear back, and leave, with the door open for a choice.

(2) Moved out of the condo.

(3) Kong singing a "goodbye my love" song at the farewell party....! O M G...!

We have to realize that whatever is coming next week in EP 13 won't be good enough to balance all the wrongs done already before...

To accomplish such a task we would need a huge dialogue between Kong & Arthit...

Saying "I love you"... won't do it alone (maybe just for the teens watching).

And then we most realize that there is no way Kongpob family doesn't play a role in this too...

There was always going to be a break up scene, I was just surprised that it had taken this long to reach it.

Arthit does have someone to talk to : Kongpob. But he doesn't. They don't. It was not necessary for Kongpob to return the gear. All they had to do was talk, and not about cute moments but the serious stuff. Kongpob doesn't ask Arthit how he feels about being outed but there again Arthit doesn't let off steam. The pair of them are equally sad in their inability to understand each other beyond the cute moments. (But that is the author's fault not the characters')

The loss of the gear whilst out walking did help add to the momentum that Arthit does have feelings for Kongpob and the Tod declaration helped encourage him that his entire world had not just collapsed.

Kongpob left his room, as he had arrived, without saying a word. As for the song, I skipped it - episode filler. Then we got to the Arthit announcement. That could have been a really meaningful moment ( and in fairness it was well acted ) but it didn't come after a lot of rumour and drama at work going back episodes. People turning their backs or just being unfriendly. Episodes of friction between him and Kongpob, who wasn't staying at the company anyway, so was more relaxed about the issue. The sort of thing that many people have to go through in their daily lives.

It wasn't done to show Arthit standing his ground and saying : up yours, this guy is MY man. No, this was all about finishing on a happy note. It would have been more interesting if Kongpob had pulled away and just let Arthit make a fool of himself.

Not a dreadful episode but yet another where the core issue was not addressed. Why are these two still together ?

I am already down as saying that Arthit will be around for tea and buns at Kongpob's family place next week so I am hoping it lives up to my prediction. :)

• Like 2

I think it's unnecessary for Arthit to announce to everyone his relationship with Kongpop. I just wish for him to quietly hold Kong's hand when Kong comes down from the stage or say some words to show that he's 100% in for this relationship. To me, love is a private thing. 

The episode feels so rush. I don't see clearly the impact of Kong leaving on Arthit. Him running on stage felt like a random thing or some heat-of-the-moment. This episode is supposed to be the climax, right? I can't feel it.

My guess is that the last episode will be pink and rosy from start to finish. Their biggest issue which is lack of communication will be completely ignored like it has always been. There will be a kiss and fans will rejoice.

Edited by kimberly12
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kimberly12 said:

I think it's unnecessary for Arthit to announce to everyone his relationship with Kongpop. I just wish for him to quietly hold Kong's hand when Kong comes down from the stage or say some words to show that he's 100% in for this relationship. To me, love is a private thing. 

The episode feels so rush. I don't see clearly the impact of Kong leaving on Arthit. Him running on stage felt like a random thing or some heat-of-the-moment. This episode is supposed to be the climax, right? I can't feel it.

My guess is that the last episode will be pink and rosy from start to finish. Their biggest issue which is lack of communication will be completely ignored like it has always been. There will be a kiss and fans will rejoice.

Just watched the episode and couldn't agree more. This climax didn't feel like one. And also why making all these public gestures when he could have solved everything in private with everyone directly involved or concerned. His biggest answer should have been their everyday gestures not running to Kong out of nowhere in the middle of a company party. 

And yes for a couple that has been together for almost two years they have the level of communication of two strangers who decided to start dating five minutes ago.