[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

This season is a snoozefest. The first episode started out quite nicely, then everything keeps going down. Kong and Arthit don't look like a couple who have been going out for a while. Whenever Kong takes a step forward, Arthit takes one step back, so basically, they haven't made any progress at all. 

Spoiler

About the leaked photo, it's pretty useless for Arthit to avoid Kong because everything is already out in the open. I don't like how he reacts at all. I would be okay if they broke up at the end of the season. They don't feel much like a couple to me at this point. If they had talked, all this mess would have been fixed in 5 minutes.

Edited by kimberly12
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, kimberly12 said:

This season is a snoozefest. The first episode started out quite nicely, then everything keeps going down. Kong and Arthit don't look like a couple who have been going out for a while. Whenever Kong takes a step forward, Arthit takes one step back, so basically, they haven't made any progress at all. 

Hide contents

About the leaked photo, it's pretty useless for Arthit to avoid Kong because everything is already out in the open. I don't like how he reacts at all. I would be okay if they broke up at the end of the season. They don't feel much like a couple to me at this point. If they had talked, all this mess would have been fixed in 5 minutes.

Ah! But we need the drama because nothing else is happening. Almost everything Kongpob/Arthit looks back to the first season.

When I watch the special scenes at the end I get the impression that absolutely nothing bad ever happened. It is all so wonderful. They have never had a row because that would require communicating and these two do not.

I feel sorry for the two characters, they are so badly written. Pretty much everything that comes out of Kongpob's mouth is sentimental mush. I can't even be bothered to flick back through episodes to see if they have had a single, meaningful, here and now, conversation about where their lives are going.

I wish Arthit would just break the fourth wall **, look at the camera and say : Seriously, this is the best they can come up with ?

** Just in case people do not understand, 'Fourth Wall' is a phrase that means the characters know they are characters. In 'Boston Legal' William Shatner's character makes mention of the fact that : "I used to be a star ship captain" - (Captain Kirk of the USS enterprise in Star Trek)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OriginalNickname said:

I'm soooo glad I'm not watching this season.

I know now, seeing all the comment etc, that I would have been highly disappointed...

Even if the end is positive, the storyline for me is a nope. 

I said it already and I'll say it again, I really wanted to see the in-between two years.

As I have mentioned above, the in-between years 'special scenes' appear to show one long continuous bed of roses. They don't argue, it is all so sweet. Never a word about the parents and families. Never a word about, when do we tell them about us ? Never a word about professional aspirations and what that would mean to their relationship if one of them needed to move away.

As for the comments here, I think us moaners are out of sync with everybody else. Looking at the comments on the YouTube videos you would see that most people think this is fabulous.

They are so cute together. Arthit shouldn't shout at his poor Kongpob, just because he didn't tell him about the internship, or moving in next door or the fact that he had just met his father.

The ending will be positive because, for heaven's sake, if they were going to split up they have had more than enough reason to do so episodes back.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:
Spoiler

As I have mentioned above, the in-between years 'special scenes' appear to show one long continuous bed of roses. They don't argue, it is all so sweet. Never a word about the parents and families. Never a word about, when do we tell them about us ? Never a word about professional aspirations and what that would mean to their relationship if one of them needed to move away.

As for the comments here, I think us moaners are out of sync with everybody else. Looking at the comments on the YouTube videos you would see that most people think this is fabulous.

They are so cute together. Arthit shouldn't shout at his poor Kongpob, just because he didn't tell him about the internship, or moving in next door or the fact that he had just met his father.

The ending will be positive because, for heaven's sake, if they were going to split up they have had more than enough reason to do so episodes back.

Yeah... I don't understand how come, during two years,  they have never talked about all these important topics, it doesn't make sense to me... 

I mean obviously there needs to be drama in order for the story to be slightly interesting but it needs to make sense tho

9 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Honestly, I stay out of the youtube pages. Those are full of people who wear rose-color glasses. This season only proves to me that money is what drives these dramas and not real respect for the art. Had they focused on the missing two years, these episodes would have made sense and we could have been less critical, but I can't possibly understand how some people can sit, watch these episodes and think that it's fabulous or everything they wished for in a second season. No  way Jose.

It feels like these writers/directors wanted a quick buck and the actors while you can tell they put their best on these characters, the writing was INFANTILE and cheesy as hell. I'll just watch it until the end but I don't think I'll be re watching it, not like the first season. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Well... I guess you watched it already...

Kongpob doesn't talk to anybody.... Not to Arthit about his family... not to his family about his friends at the university...!!

Can we believe such a silence character in a Series...???

Did you see P'Earth reaction to Arthit not knowing about Kong's father...??!! I bet she was thinking: "Are you guys really in a relationship?"

Or "What is wrong with this picture?"

Arthit's answer shows really how distant these two are.

Is it there anyone from us who wouldn't ask to our boyfriends about their families in a 3 years time of relationship, or talk about our own family with our boyfriends without waiting for the question???? I bet there is no one able to keep such a silence or secret that long in real life.

I hadn't but I have now.

That was almost embarrassing to watch. You could almost hear Arthit's jaw bounce of the carpet when he saw the family portrait. It is not as if Kongpob didn't have the time to tell him. Yes, Tod was in a hurry but Kongpob told him a pile of stuff he didn't need to know but not the all important bit about being his father.

It is quite clear that Kongpob has never discussed his life at Uni with his father either. If he had the Da would have known who Arthit was, or at least instantly guessed when he realised he had studied in the same Uni - Ahh! you must be THE Arthit. But nope. We missed that conversation as well. No matter Arthit was so stuck for words in answering the questions. What do you say when you have just realised that your so-called partner has never mentioned your name (in any context) to his family ?

I don't even bother with the special scenes anymore because they are so far removed from anything important in the relationship.

You mentioned Sun and In. Can't see Kongpob and Arthit turning up in matching t-shirts and underwear, they can't even manage to sleep in the same bed. :tears:

• Like 2

I honestly don't know what to think about this season. I don't entirely dislike it. It's just the characters don't match up to Arthit and Kongphob from season one. I am not sure what direction the writer wanted this series to go in. At the end of season one, Arthit and Kongphob came out to their friends as a couple but in this season, it seems like the pair is a secret or something. They don't even act like a couple in company of their friends. Like I can understand why Arthit is shy in public or in front of his colleagues but their friends know of their relationship, so why the awkwardness? And the recent conflict makes no sense. Kongphob is upset about Arthit's lack of acknowledgement BUT what about him? He didn't even tell him who his father was. He could have told him after the first time Arthit met his father but he didn't. How can you be in a relationship and not even mention your parents even once? I give up honestly. This couple is a disaster in this series. 

• Like 4

My gripe with this season is that, they rushed it because of the hype. Instead of letting this drama naturally progress, we get stupid time jumps, no real sense of relationship and many many plot holes. 

How can these two as couples NEVER EVER have a heart to heart until drama drops by? Couples have heart to heart even about stupid pet names, but these two managed to somehow survive nearly 3 years without so much as even waiting for each other to go to work  together and THEY LIVE NEXT TO EACH OTHER...never mind that, how can you live next door to the love of your life-as we are led to believe  these two are to each other--and NOT ONCE sleep together in the same room, better yet, why have they not moved in together after a year? 

At first I felt bad for Kong because it seemed he did everything in his power to please Arthit, but now I don't even feel that bad for him. Like my dude, only people running from the law don't tell their significant other about their families. Only people lying or trying to live a double life do that sort of thing. Normal people don't hold out on sharing information about their family with their partner. Heck, my co-worker who shares an office with me knows more about my family than anyone I ever dated. Relationships are interpersonal and some level of sharing is done in the first stages when you are beginning to date. You want to know everything about that person, specially about their families in case that relationships goes beyond a few weeks/months. Look at people who go on dates, the share crap they shouldn't even share until they have at least dated for a month, but yet manage to do so in one night!

GHAAA! This is so frustrating. Honestly, those two should break up for good. Neither values the other in the way it should matter. How do you not communicate with your partner of 2 1/2 years? How do you not know anything significant or important like, your father? Kong had plenty of time to talk about this, specially since he found out that Arthit had already met him. Dude should have been like, "btw baby:wub:, my dad is that man you met. Sorry I forgot to mention this to you in the last TWO FREAKING years we have supposedly been dating:angry:, but heck now you know who he is and I want to introduce you as my BF to him.:wink:

Also, those little special scenes ARE A LIE! They are a lie to us. They tell us how these two are so lovey dovey with each other, how they tease each other etc, but that's not what these two are alike at all. ZERO! Those scenes look like it belongs on another series. 

What a missed opportunity this has been. They should have focused on the side couples at this point. They have better story lines and that's saying A LOT! :crazy:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harunacamelia said:

Heck, my co-worker who shares an office with me knows more about my family than anyone I ever dated. Relationships are interpersonal and some level of sharing is done in the first stages when you are beginning to date. You want to know everything about that person, specially about their families in case that relationships goes beyond a few weeks/months. Look at people who go on dates, the share crap they shouldn't even share until they have at least dated for a month, but yet manage to do so in one night!

GHAAA! This is so frustrating. Honestly, those two should break up for good. Neither values the other in the way it should matter. How do you not communicate with your partner of 2 1/2 years? How do you not know anything significant or important like, your father? Kong had plenty of time to talk about this, specially since he found out that Arthit had already met him. ...

Also, those little special scenes ARE A LIE! They are a lie to us. They tell us how these two are so lovey dovey with each other, how they tease each other etc, but that's not what these two are alike at all. ZERO! Those scenes look like it belongs on another series.

I was thinking this earlier this afternoon after reading some of the comments on Pinkmilk's Blog. So many people just watch and go : They are just so cute together. Best couple ever.

I am fed up with reading comments elsewhere about one being mean to the other - oh you can see in his eyes that he loves you. Seriously ! Sorry everybody else out there. I just don't get it.

I feel that my family knows more about the people I meet at the sod**g swimming pool than Kongpob's father does about the guy that made his son change subject and follow like a lost puppy for three years.

And I am still not certain whether or not Kongpob has told Arthit that Earth knows about them. Well I suppose that everybody does now so it is a bit late.

The only good thing about the entire series is, that John is going DOWN :) Yes !

• Like 3

I knew it wasn't a good idea... but everyone was like "we want a season 2 omg!!!" so, yeah...

I don't understand this logic of "I liked the first season so I want a second season.", esp for this kind of series (I found it ok for comedy series but not for story driven series like this one). Because if you loved the first season so much, you are most likely to be disappointed, even if you don't completely dislike it, there is a very high chance that the following season won't reach your expectations...

• Like 3

On 3/1/2018 at 5:27 AM, OriginalNickname said:

I knew it wasn't a good idea... but everyone was like "we want a season 2 omg!!!" so, yeah...

I don't understand this logic of "I liked the first season so I want a second season.", esp for this kind of series (I found it ok for comedy series but not for story driven series like this one). Because if you loved the first season so much, you are most likely to be disappointed, even if you don't completely dislike it, there is a very high chance that the following season won't reach your expectations...

True, but there are instances where if developed right and given the proper attention it deserves, a second season could be better than the first (sometimes this happens in movies)...the problem was that this project was rushed for the sake of making money and pleasing fans, had they done a better job with the script/source material, we wouldn't even have this problem. I was reading some of the translations in the novel and lets just say that the author is not the best out there in my opinion....

• Like 1