[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

THAT KISssssS! My ghaaad! Stop killing me.. 

Even though they have that kind of peculiar relationship, you can really see in their eyes that they are so inlove with each other.. They might not be able to show it publicly or physically but the feelssss man! It goes deep into ur bones.. I love u kongpop and arthrit.. Im a shipper...

I can't wait to see the whole episode.

Kyaahhh waiting for those who have kind hearts that will share..:heart:

• Like 1

Alright I'm watching the show now and it's still airing so I'm not too late for the discussion this time! lol

I'm on ep 6 at the moment watching the preview for ep 7 and the line "I don't know how much distance is enough" just hit me hard with the feels. Sad Kong just gets me so easily, man! :cold_sweat: I lowkey love it.

Also, yay some movement with Day's storyline. I've been feeling like the scenes have been a bit too repetitive up to the previous episode.

*Read the latest posts.

I've totally been seeing the "copy/paste" elements as well.

On ep 9 now. I'll watch it later if the link I see is legit.

I still don't get why the 0058s become so close all of a sudden... I assume they have more off-screen interactions and we're asked to fill the plothole ourselves?

YongNai problem is kinda funny. Is not being in the same department as your loved one really a big deal? I mean, they're still in the same company & building... But I do love their interactions, and it doesn't feel like they are too concerned about the problem. :)

And as the others have said, finally some quality time for KongThit. :D

SPOILER (?)

Omg the latest ep is so cutee...THE KISSING SCENE WS PERFECT!!........artihit so jealous of p durian lol he refused to take her and kongs pic togther lololol.......im loving toddxearth.....not sure about daetew...i dunno wht they are trying to do.........and naixyong....*sigh* they are going thru "mad at each other" period jahaha

omo she saw them.....i wonder whts gonna hapen next......another angst ep?? 

Also i wknt be surprised if earth knew about them because THEY WERE OPENLY FLIRTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER LOL 

21 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

... or even the love story of Knock and Korn...? (Band Romance The Series & Together with me)... Now that is more like real thai life for gay guys...

Hoo dont even get me started on that ship......THE GREATEST BL SERIES I HAVE EVER SEEN srsly....i wish there were more series like this......

((Sorry i just get too emotional... I recently watched both othe the said series....if u havent read my crappy over emo post in this forum))

On 11/02/2018 at 9:22 PM, TeeTop said:

Alright I'm watching the show now and it's still airing so I'm not too late for the discussion this time! lol

I'm on ep 6 at the moment watching the preview for ep 7 and the line "I don't know how much distance is enough" just hit me hard with the feels. Sad Kong just gets me so easily, man! :cold_sweat: I lowkey love it.

Also, yay some movement with Day's storyline. I've been feeling like the scenes have been a bit too repetitive up to the previous episode.

*Read the latest posts.

I've totally been seeing the "copy/paste" elements as well.

On ep 9 now. I'll watch it later if the link I see is legit.

As by now you will have found out, we never get to find out what that distance was, because with a leap and a bound, all of that complicated stuff was ignored in the next episode :)

On 11/02/2018 at 6:46 PM, Mel_Rios said:

"Drama for the sake of the drama" is coming up once again... I just hope we can coupe with it... and find some meaning out of it too... otherwise this season could really end as a huge disaster...!! And that would be too sad, considering we have 2 great actors leading this series.

Cheers...!

I hate finding fault with the episodes. I can cope with holes in the plot, I can handle some of the more dopey bits and daft phrases (I'll turn off the lights now, that will save money ! ) but when the side stories get better dialogue than the main characters I get frustrated. There is so much, I think, that we all want to know about how the Kongpob/Arthit relationship developed over the previous years but we are being drip fed. Cliff hangers with Arthit scowling at Kongpob to be followed by some daft explanation next episode.

After the big row at the restaurant I felt certain that we were finally going to get the big explanation, nope. Nada. Is it just me or did we miss the chance for a good heart to heart in the first few episodes to explain where the pair have got to in their relationship. Em explained to Kongpob in the very first episode as to why he still hadn't made a move on May. Sounded daft (after two years) but there it was, we understood.

Haven't seen the latest episode yet but you make it sound quite good. Sadly I do not see this series as one that I would keep to watch again, certainly not the first half dozen episodes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

I hate finding fault with the episodes. I can cope with holes in the plot, I can handle some of the more dopey bits and daft phrases (I'll turn off the lights now, that will save money ! ) but when the side stories get better dialogue than the main characters I get frustrated. There is so much, I think, that we all want to know about how the Kongpob/Arthit relationship developed over the previous years but we are being drip fed. Cliff hangers with Arthit scowling at Kongpob to be followed by some daft explanation next episode.

After the big row at the restaurant I felt certain that we were finally going to get the big explanation, nope. Nada. Is it just me or did we miss the chance for a good heart to heart in the first few episodes to explain where the pair have got to in their relationship. Em explained to Kongpob in the very first episode as to why he still hadn't made a move on May. Sounded daft (after two years) but there it was, we understood.

Haven't seen the latest episode yet but you make it sound quite good. Sadly I do not see this series as one that I would keep to watch again, certainly not the first half dozen episodes.

This is one of my biggest gripes about this series. The not knowing how they have managed to stay together nearly for 3 years and some how they seem to lack communication between each other. While this last episode was a nod to Season 1 (the feels man the feels)...I still am critical about the way they have wasted the first five episodes trying to develop this drama they will face and on the side couples, when they should have used those episodes to show us how they progressed. My biggest pet-peeve is that we get tiny flashbacks at the end of each episode to try and explain what their relationship was like, but it seemed wasteful. 

Now this is more about my rants so you can ignore if you wish :)

Also (I know this is fiction and all), but in nearly 3 years NEITHER ONE told their parents about their relationship? I mean while that it's not that far-fetched, I find it hard to believe given that Kong seems to be close to his parents and I would imagine that he would want to share that with them...so the new drama coming up about Arthit being angry with Kong because of who his father is, just solidifies my point that these two did not communicate honestly and it further proves to me that their relationship somehow made it because of some "miracle"...geeze I've known people who have broken up after months for the smallest of things...not meeting the parents in nearly 3 years is a BIG red flag...

A bit out of topic, but anyone know how many more years does Singto has till he graduate? I know that he switched another university but can anyone share with me if he actually graduated from the economic degree or he just switched halfway? 

7 hours ago, Harunacamelia said:

Also (I know this is fiction and all), but in nearly 3 years NEITHER ONE told their parents about their relationship? I mean while that it's not that far-fetched, I find it hard to believe given that Kong seems to be close to his parents and I would imagine that he would want to share that with them...so the new drama coming up about Arthit being angry with Kong because of who his father is, just solidifies my point that these two did not communicate honestly and it further proves to me that their relationship somehow made it because of some "miracle"...geeze I've known people who have broken up after months for the smallest of things...not meeting the parents in nearly 3 years is a BIG red flag...

Haven't got to that bit yet but I agree. When I phone my family I talk about my friends (what parent would not worry if their youngsters never seemed to have any ? ), what we have done and all that. Likewise I often tell my friends about what the family have been doing. My brother went to see this film, he said it was really good...

These two, just do not do it. Kongpob's parents should be aware that he has Arthit as a friend, that it was his own head hazer that inspired him to try it for himself. Did the parents never ask : what was your own head hazer like ? How's Arthit doing these days ? Did he come along to your Flag day ?

How is it possible that neither has EVER mentioned their parents work. When Arthit was looking for an Internship, Kongpob didn't say : I could try my Da's place for you if you want ?

It all comes back to the point that I have made before, time skipped three years, these two characters didn't.

All I know is right here…right now…the person that I like……is you.

(Ooops ! Sorry that was from Ep 9 Room Alone 2 - touch of cut and paste going on :) )

• Like 1

Hi, I'm a fan of Sotus, and while S2 have issues, I feel as this is my first post here I need to be more positive about it haha. 

Things that I like in S2:

*Coming out storyline: I know people love to compare Arthit's ease of coming out to his friends and fellow engineering students in their university in S1 but coming out is not actually a one time thing but a continuously repeated process so I actually can understand and sort of relate how he is uneasy with doing it with his worklife.

*Office/work storyline: I actually like this better than the hazing storyline that I feel was partly done because the series is called "SOTUS" and it still needs to be connected to it. I could be wrong but I can relate to this more. 

Predictions:(I haven't actually read much spoilers except for people saying there would be angst after episode 9 and I've been thinking about this since they introduced Kongpob's parents in the story)

Kongpob's parents finding out and the whole drama about not accepting their relationship thus making Arthit think he needs to do a sacrifice and break up with Kongpob making Kongpob really heartbroken that his parents will take notice and since they love their son this will lead to the path of them trying to understand and accept Kongpob's relationship with Arthit.

What do you think? I sort of want to see this telenovela/soap opera storyline lol. 

Edited by jarta

16 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Maybe I am too spoil from other series, but then this one seems like "Why am I watching this empty and superficial main story..?"

I could compare scenes from other series similar to this, and all others will win if compare on the importance of talking deep feelings. An example could be My Girlfriend's Boyfriend - 我女朋友的男朋友 - EP 20 (I know for many this is not real BL, but to me there is nothing as good as this considering is a science fiction story from main land China): watch it from minute 12:00

Excellent series. Some of it really funny. For those who haven't seen it, give it a try.

I have been looking at the YouTube stats for the episodes. Well down on last year. Perhaps they will pick up.

I think the reason we are watching this is because we are in the hope that we will get the big scene and everything will make sense. I've got this far, I'll finish the series. It has to get better.

On 14/02/2018 at 9:39 AM, jarta said:

Hi, I'm a fan of Sotus, and while S2 have issues, I feel as this is my first post here I need to be more positive about it haha. 

Things that I like in S2:

*Coming out storyline: I know people love to compare Arthit's ease of coming out to his friends and fellow engineering students in their university in S1 but coming out is not actually a one time thing but a continuously repeated process so I actually can understand and sort of relate how he is uneasy with doing it with his worklife.

*Office/work storyline: I actually like this better than the hazing storyline that I feel was partly done because the series is called "SOTUS" and it still needs to be connected to it. I could be wrong but I can relate to this more. 

Predictions:(I haven't actually read much spoilers except for people saying there would be angst after episode 9 and I've been thinking about this since they introduced Kongpob's parents in the story)

Kongpob's parents finding out and the whole drama about not accepting their relationship thus making Arthit think he needs to do a sacrifice and break up with Kongpob making Kongpob really heartbroken that his parents will take notice and since they love their son this will lead to the path of them trying to understand and accept Kongpob's relationship with Arthit.

What do you think? I sort of want to see this telenovela/soap opera storyline lol. 

More positive views needed. Go for it !

What I liked about the First Season was that Knott realised pretty early on that something was going on with his friend. He turned into the guy with whom Arthit could talk, in part because Knott already suspected in any case and showed himself to be open to the idea.

I agree that coming out is a continuing process but it is not one that needs to happen. Arthit and Kongpob could just be good friends from the past who now happen to be at the same factory. Let Earth and the others, like Knott, put two and two together. That could take months, if they ever make the connection. If the pair feel that their association might be inconvenient (and many companies have a thing about in-house affairs) they do not need to be 'in your face' about it.

Nobody slaps Cherry down for drooling over all the men. How does he not pick up on Arthit and Kongpob ?

I agree that now we are in the office environment the story has picked up. The hazing story line was wasted air time with the new students being so incidental to the main thrust of the story that they could have been cut out completely. A weekly get together at Bright's bar keeping us in touch with the old gang would have been sufficient.

As for the parents, again, let them work it out for themselves. There is no requirement on Kongpob to announce his impending 'marriage' on day 1. "Hi folks, this is my best mate and ex-head hazer Arthit" : would be more than enough.

If they disapprove, so be it. Heaven knows how many parents have ever thought that their child's future partner WAS good enough :) Thankfully my own parents ignored theirs !

More positive views needed. Go for it !

@dustinmyeye  

Tbh I've watched the first three episodes on S2 and dropped it early on since I felt the story was being a drag, and I had the same complaints others had about it. There was a vague plan of watching it later when the show is finished depending on the reviews I've read but I saw there was a kissing scene on episode 9 and I thought why not catch up now? I can be more positive about it now because while it does still have a lot of plot holes, I'm actually genuinely excited for the next episode. The coworkers finding out some revelations and at least one of them have suspicions from the start so yeah I have a thing for outsiders perspectives and is interested on how it'll play out. 

I was also hoping fans can channel the frustrations for this season into writing fanfics! Fix the thinks that need fixing or fill some plotholes. 

(I've been trying to catch up on some BL dramas because tbh I think I've only ever watch Sotus, Addicted and Lovesick the Series, Doushitemo Furtakunai in the past. This month I've watched Diary of Tootsies S1,(Idk where to find english subs for S2), 2 Moons, Together With Me(which is my new fave) did not really finish Make it right, became a fan of Puppy Honey's PickRome/OffGun pair, and currently trying to watch What the Duck the series. I'm loving Thai channels are uploading their shows in youtube and adding english subs for international fans and I'm also loving some fansubbers additional comments on the episodes they sub.)

Edit: I forgot to ask is S2 based on a novel?

Edited by jarta
added a question

On 11/02/2018 at 5:20 PM, Mel_Rios said:

Finally a great episode for Sotus S...!!

It seems that we always have to get into a "fantacy world" to get any romance going on with Kong and Arthit. This time (once again) a beach trip: can't the writers go to any of the many and beautiful natural parks around Thailand for a change ( LOL ).

But this is not so important; as it creates a sense of continuity between our two leads. Arthit started moving forward... and this is because of his sense someone could "take Kong away from him"... literally. This time was the human resorts manager (what was her name again)... "coming in between"... and I couldn't help but to be so amaze at Arthit putting an excuse not to take a picture of her and Kong alone because of his dirty sandy hands - LOL (that was a good one, Arthit...!)

There were many moves of Arthit to Kong in this episode, more caring, more body language going on, as it should be between two guys in love. And we can tell that Kong enjoyed every single detail... no matter how simple it was: "You most take better care of your self"; or the "I am not telling you" game between the two was lovely... kind of childish and yet matching this characters storyline.

BUT... and there is always a moment when I see the storm coming in...

Did you realize how Kong had to "force" Arthit into taking that kiss...?? Watch it again... and you will realize it.

Not that he didn't love to be force into it by Kong... but he always push himself away after a kiss... in a mix feelings of shame and shy...

I don't want to create any bad feelings on this scene, but it shows that Arthit is not ready to completely open up to Kong and his love feelings for him. Is like he can't do that... afraid of too many things. When I see this happening I go always back to Arthit talks with Knot and all his doubst on being together with Kong: "Am I good enough for him"; "Can we have a future together as boys in love"; "What to do because of family, society and traditions"... all the questions rolling over and over in every moves he makes.

The teaser to next week show this is going to become the next big issue once more, as the co-workers will know about them being a couple; so I can't but to see this storm is going to poor down all the feelings they have been "putting back in the closet"... for a while now at the company... and made Arthit go thru all his fears and questions from the beginning once more into a new dimention... then this time there is not going back: It is the point of no return: Lovers in the open - Yes, or No.

Have caught up. Funny how Kongpob moved in next door to Arthit but they don't actually spend their evenings together let alone have breakfast ensemble. They meet in the lift the following morning and discuss things! But, it was Arthit that took Kongpob's hand right under the nose of Durian. Progress.

I was right in my assumption from the teaser that Earth had realised what was going on, but hey she would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to know because of the way the pair carry on in front of her in the office. For somebody, who at times can be remarkably paranoid, Arthit pays little attention to the fact that they are not alone when they have their wee chats.

The beach scenes were fun and I'll be reasonably forgiving that we got conversations that should have happened years ago. OK perhaps in three years the pair have never been back to the beach, or a swimming pool, or reminisced over old photos. "Remember the time you ran into the sea ?". Of course this is the pair that when Arthit hears a loud bang from next door he doesn't even phone his boyfriend let alone go next door to make sure he was alright. Why bother we'll meet in the lift anyway ?

The pair appeared to be at ease, acting as a couple of close friends in front of everybody else. In the special scene Kongpob does ask if Arthit prefers the clingy child ? And there is a lot of childishness in Kongpob. The games between them suit the character and I think that this is the version that Arthit prefers over the 'silent adult'. He does play with Kongpob about the wish, but was quick to tell Kongpob that he loved him. I really liked that moment. No shyness. He didn't start with Kongpob ! Just looked him in the eye and told him.

What struck me most about the kiss was the fact that Kongpob says : "This time, I won't let you go." Is he suggesting that this is only the third time that they have kissed ? When you see that wee pull back from Arthit I rather think it does.

However, remove three years and now place that kiss, let's say a few days after the one on the roof top, and the body language is on form : "You're such a...". 

This is what the fans are expecting. A cute kissing scene on the beach with the couple behaving exactly the way they did the last time we saw this happening. Perhaps if you look at it from that perspective it makes a little more sense. Not that the writers are going to suddenly jump into the here and now for us.

In places it is contradictory. They live next door, but do not spend time together. Arthit will take Kongpob's hand in the lift, even though they are not alone. The pair will have semi-intimate conversations in the office, even though they are not alone. They play around on the beach quite normally - but constantly together ! Then, bop ! back to pull-away Arthit.

I have said it before, when I suspected that Earth 'knew', that she might turn into the Knott for Season 2. After all, she hasn't mentioned anything up until now, even though she has been there, just metres away, in the office during all those conversations. Arthit needs a sounding board. For once if the writers give us what we got last time I won't complain :)

• Like 2