[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

21 hours ago, whitedove said:

To those asking about why GMM isn't really interested in international fans, the truth is their movie branch is (especially movies produced by GTH), but not sure why their drama branch doesn't. But they're still expanding their wings dramawise and English-subbing doesn't really start until end of 2014/early 2015 (partly thanks to Hormones). While Channel 3 and Channel 7 lakorns have enjoyed international success particularly in South-East Asia (though CH7 can be quite vicious in taking down their lakorns), GMM has only realized its potential when Full House Thai version hit it big in China and AoMike pair became the most desirable couple from Thailand. I think they're still testing the market and since they're so huge and stable, a boost of just 0.01% of international fame doesn't give them much profit compared to the 99% of profit the locals can give them.

GMM comprises of multiple subsidiaries, each run independently. Its drama production labels are GDH (which also produces films), Exact, GMM TV and A-Time.

Main markets of Thai dramas are Asian nations who are generally not fluent in English.

An executive of GDH said its drama (Hormones) did not earn substantially from copyright fee, but from fanmeets.

Exact focuses on copyright fee and its main market is China/ Taiwan

This drama is a production of GMM TV who has yet to join international market.

Ch3 and Ch7 do not earn significantly from oversea market. Ch7 runs its own (terrible) streaming website, Bugaboo, hence it  enthusiastically report any Youtube upload. Ch3 and Ch7 cannot profit from fanmeets because they are not actor agencies, they do not sign exclusive contract with actors, just the contract binding actors to exclusively play dramas with them.

Thai Full House is a production of True, not GMM. Also, True failed to repeat the success of Full House and is now struggling in domestic market.

Overall, main income of Thai drama is domestic advertising fee and foreign export is not highly profitable, and Thai entertainment industry is not strongly backed up by the government.

1 hour ago, laval said:

GMMTV confirms they'll be a couple?? (if Bing translation is correct lol)

1QjoFdj.png

The text reads "And, this is the beginning of this couple #premwad

• Like 5

I have no words to describe how much i love this series. I've watched a lot of BL series/dramas but sotus the series definitely is the best. It is my absolute favorite. Sotus the series is totally different than any other BL series. I especially like singto (kong) and krist (artit) chemistry and each and everyone of them in this series plays their character so well, no awkwardness, etc. 

The plot and storyline is so good that it gets me hooked up after i read the synopsis before it was released. I feel like screaming just how perfect sotus the series. 

I like both couple kong x artit as well as prem x wad but i definitely like kong x artit more. I mean the way they will fall in love, i bet it's going to be so damn sweet. Artit is so cute as tsundere :D. Somehow, i think i'd like it better if kong character is played by the actor playing wad because he looks more manly perfect to be Kong. 

I love Kong x Artit sooo much. :wub::wub:

Edited by lilymuuu
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

This might be a stupid question, but I was wondering who's the uke and who's the seme in the Artit♡Kong couple.

That's not stupid question. I just realized I don't know who's uke or seme. The trailer don't give a clue. I'm also curious about the second couple. I hope someone can enlighten us. :)

43 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

This might be a stupid question, but I was wondering who's the uke and who's the seme in the Artit♡Kong couple.

Yes, it is not a stupid question. :) Based on the novel cover, it looks like artit is the uke and kong is the seme because on the cover artit has this typical uke characteristic, shorter than kong with cute face and kong has typical seme characteristic, taller and manly. Usually, the tsundere character is the uke. This is just my opinion btw. Havent read the novel because i cant find the one with english translation. :tears:

Edited by lilymuuu
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, lilymuuu said:

Yes, it is not a stupid question. :) Based on the novel's cover, it looks like artit is the uke and kong is the seme because on the cover artit has this typical uke characteristic, shorter than kong with cute face and kong has typical seme characteristic, taller and manly. Usually, the tsundere character is the uke. This is just my opinion btw. Havent read the novel because i cant find the one with english translation. :tears:

Hm yeah usually like that but I hope couple in this series not typical like other uke seme. 

What do you think about the second couple PremxWad? 

11 minutes ago, lilymuuu said:

Yes, it is not a stupid question. :) Based on the novel's cover, it looks like artit is the uke and kong is the seme because on the cover artit has this typical uke characteristic, shorter than kong with cute face and kong has typical seme characteristic, taller and manly. Usually, the tsundere character is the uke. This is just my opinion btw. Havent read the novel because i cant find the one with english translation. :tears:

Thank you! Yes that makes sense :) I guess we'll just have to wait and see to know for sure! The novel looks so pretty :lol: I kind of feel tempted to order one even though I don't understand Thai xD

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

Hm yeah usually like that but I hope couple in this series not typical like other uke seme. 

What do you think about the second couple PremxWad? 

Right! I'd like that to see that too. Artit x Kong not bad either. 

Prem x wad, i have no idea who is the seme or uke. But from the GMMTV hashtag, i'm going to assume prem is the seme and wad is the uke. :grin:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lilymuuu said:

Right! I'd like that to see that too. Artit x Kong not bad either. 

Prem x wad, i have no idea who is the seme or uke. But from the GMMTV hashtag, i'm going to assume prem is the seme and wad is the uke. :grin:

I'm always looking forward of the second couple in Thai bl more than main couple.:P

Thx for the reply. :)

8 hours ago, lilymuuu said:

Yes, it is not a stupid question. :) Based on the novel cover, it looks like artit is the uke and kong is the seme because on the cover artit has this typical uke characteristic, shorter than kong with cute face and kong has typical seme characteristic, taller and manly. Usually, the tsundere character is the uke. This is just my opinion btw. Havent read the novel because i cant find the one with english translation. :tears:

Where can I find the novel? I want to look at the cover, too.

Guys, do you now how many gay couples does Sotus have? I don't want to ship two guys together and then they end up being hetero. :(

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, risa_shimazaki said:

Where can I find the novel? I want to look at the cover, too.

Guys, do you now how many gay couples does Sotus have? I don't want to ship two guys together and then they end up being hetero. :(

Here's the novel! :) I don't know how many gay couples there are though... I want to read it so I'm hoping someone translates it!

http://writer.dek-d.com/-bittersweet-/writer/view.php?id=974010

8a0e7474c83d790181696bd4d9baefb4f4461c0a

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Here's the novel! :) I don't know how many gay couples there are though... I want to read it so I'm hoping someone translates it!

http://writer.dek-d.com/-bittersweet-/writer/view.php?id=974010

Thanks! :D

Wow, the art looks so Japanese. I was surprised.

The cover Artit looks cute while the actor looks more fierce. The cover Kong looks more cool while the actor looks way more soft and cute. That's kind of funny. Hahaha.

I agree with @lilymuuu that the actor playing Wad fits Kong better appearance-wise. The acting is all that matters, though.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, risa_shimazaki said:

The cover Artit looks cute while the actor looks more fierce. The cover Kong looks more cool while the actor looks way more soft and cute. That's kind of funny. Hahaha.

I agree with @lilymuuu that the actor playing Wad fits Kong better appearance-wise. The acting is all that matters, though.

Haha yeah Artit does look pretty fierce! Maybe it's all the yelling and scowling :D 

But there's also lots of pictures of Krist looking really cute ^^ Maybe we'll get to see more of that as Kong makes him flustered and makes his heart flutter in the drama :wub:

4f074ae66d489d92f74b251ef69e89357a0aafe6

• Like 7

1 hour ago, risa_shimazaki said:

I know right. The art is so japanese and so beautiful. The cover is as good as the story. :)

But to me, Krist (actor playing Artit) is quite cute though. Thats what i thought when i look at the trailer. That why i think it'd be better if actor playing Wad is Kong. Kekeke!! Yes, you are so right, the acting is all that matters and i'm very satisfied at the fact that all of them can act so well. :P

1 hour ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Haha yeah Artit does look pretty fierce! Maybe it's all the yelling and scowling :D 

But there's also lots of pictures of Krist looking really cute ^^ Maybe we'll get to see more of that as Kong makes him flustered and makes his heart flutter in the drama :wub:

Ahh! I cant wait for that :wub: for Kong to make Artit heart flutters. For them to fell in love.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

kicknack

in thailand, the color of faculty of engineering is maroon. from second year, engineering students wear either maroon or deep blue shop shirt. The sign of the faculty is gear. IE stands for Industrial Engineering, a major of engineering.

14 minutes ago, cadburygirl said:

@missmeiz Can anyone living outside Thailand watch it online as well?

Yes. You can stream the channel One live on its website http://www.onehd.net/live but it always lags on me. I suggest you to watch on http://www.zaatv.com/one-hd.php instead, poorer definition but smoother running. (unofficial streaming is legal)

12 minutes ago, lilymuuu said:

I know right. The art is so japanese and so beautiful. The cover is as good as the story. :)

this style of art is common for teen/ adolescent movel.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Yes!!! I hope we will see Artit acting all cute and lovey-dovey with Kong. I want sweet scenes! Hehehe. Right now Artit is one angry puppy. XD

1 hour ago, lilymuuu said:

But to me, Krist (actor playing Artit) is quite cute though. Thats what i thought when i look at the trailer. That why i think it'd be better if actor playing Wad is Kong. Kekeke!! Yes, you are so right, the acting is all that matters and i'm very satisfied at the fact that all of them can act so well. :P

Ahh! I cant wait for that :wub: for Kong to make Artit heart flutters. For them to fell in love.

I'm wondering how good are the actors. I've never seen them acting before, so I'm super curious about their acting ability.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, welp said:

kicknack

in thailand, the color of faculty of engineering is maroon. from second year, engineering students wear either maroon or deep blue shop shirt. The sign of the faculty is gear. IE stands for Industrial Engineering, a major of engineering.

Yes. You can stream the channel One live on its website http://www.onehd.net/live but it always lags on me. I suggest you to watch on http://www.zaatv.com/one-hd.php instead, poorer definition but smoother running. (unofficial streaming is legal)

this style of art is common for teen/ adolescent movel.

Thanks for those links and the information! ^◡^

• Like 1