[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

1 hour ago, ma5querade said:

I couldn't agree more with what you and @salz said. Gosh! Singto might as well just sue this lousy editing team for doing injustice to him :angry: i recalled in interview he said that the crying scene was hard for him cz he doesn't usually cry in real life and now that it came out beautifully and long-anticipated by audience they just have to cut it?? He must've worked so hard for that scene!

And they did that before always to our couple :( Now i'm worried they might also cut the bridge kiss scene (the 1 they called to be real hot) and we wudn't know cz they aren't in ANY teaser :tears:  PLEASE DON'T CUT OUR KISS SCENES!!

I hope Thai fans there give their critiques on review board or sth and they'll fix their editing in future eps. LoL sorry for my long rant everyone

I actually had gotten a reply from Lit Samajarn (main/or one of the director(s) ) of SOTUS in FB  to my feedback way back then about the butchered beach-rescue scene. I did posted another comment about the butchery (again) on the bus-scene the other week, and now on the balcony scene.  He must have gottten so feed-up that he no longer responded to my latest complains. :phew:

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, erngust said:

Thanks as well for the appreciation...

On the aside, I actually think GMM is cognizant with SOTUS' international fans. It's just that per their official programming, international fans' access to official video of the episodes in their youtube channel is only set after a month (or 4 episodes behind) of their original local broadcast - and yes with English subtitles.  Another thing to note as well, as mentioned in prior posts, they even have the 2 episodes on that Challenge game-show that featured Krist and Singto to seemed to be the only ones with English subs - so that itself is already something special.  And there's that KrISSINGto photobook as well. Bigtime LOL, never once did I encounter a series that had an attached merchandize with KISSING being set as it's selling point until now.

Woe indeed for us, but we're in luck as we have @delightful

I see the point. But.. 4 episodes behind, we cant wait that long, right? :phew:

OOT a bit, during you waiting time to ep12, just in case you need another series, here's Indonesian gay series, 9 episodes (15-20 mins each), english sub.

https://www.viddsee.com/series/conq

Spoiler

They uploaded the series on youtube before. But dunno what happened they deleted it. Then reupload again in viddsee.

*colek warga Indo disini ;)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, erngust said:

I actually had gotten a reply from Lit Samajarn (main/or one of the director(s) ) of SOTUS in FB  to my feedback way back then about the butchered beach-rescue scene. I did posted another comment about the butchery (again) on the bus-scene the other week, and now on the balcony scene.  He must have gottten so feed-up that he no longer responded to my latest complains. :phew:

Do you think is going to cut the kiss scene... I have seen some details too... If you see the video @delightful subbed in one of the first ep when Arthit is in his balcony and he is so sleepy that punched with the window... The ep which is uploaded by the Official Channel in YT does not have this tiny part... I think there will be some editions, but I think is probably for the channel per se, not to delete "inappropriate content"

• Like 1

Just now, gamol88 said:

Do you think is going to cut the kiss scene... I have seen some details too... If you see the video @delightful subbed in one of the first ep when Arthit is in his balcony and he is so sleepy that punched with the window... The ep which is uploaded by the Official Channel in YT does not have this tiny part... I think there will be some editions, but I think is probably for the channel per se, not to delete "inappropriate content"

with the blatant butchery with unnecessary insert and harsh deletion in this episode, better not to hope for anything better than what's already on the teaser(s)... just hope to enjoy some unexpected bits hereon forward... 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, erngust said:

The beach scene seemed pretty similar to the novel to me... I actually had no problems with it other than the lack of shirtless Tiw shown LOL! 

I'm pretty sure the entire series has already been edited and put together and they're just airing it now... and he's the director so I don't think he was in charge of the editing. At least he already apologized for the time that someone else edited out the part with Knot in Arthit's room in episode 6 (and that wasn't even his doing so that's nice ^^). 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

The beach scene seemed pretty similar to the novel to me... I actually had no problems with it other than the lack of shirtless Tiw shown LOL! 

I'm pretty sure the entire series has already been edited and put together and they're just airing it now... and he's the director so he I don't think he was in charge of the editing. He already apologized for the time that someone else edited out the part with Knot in Arthit's room in episode 6 (and that wasn't even his doing), so I don't think you should be harassing him like that... From what I know Thai people seem so easy going (my Thai friend always says sabai sabai lol) so I wonder how they see international fans sometimes... :blink:

That is a good point... And they (Singto and Krist) have said in a interview there are two kisses

• Like 3

9 hours ago, originalnickname said:

I don't know if anyone thinks like me, but I'm starting to draw a parallel between Arthit/Namtarn's story and May/Kong's.... Like, both Arthit and May thought they loved the other person, but it was just a crush .... (It's even more obvious with May, I like her but she's really naïve...I mean she barely spent any time with Kong and thinks she has feelings for him, I can relate to that somehow and I hate that part of me, that's why I hate that part of her...)

It's because May just put her eyes on Kong alone..like he is the first guy who gave attention to her...and you are right mostly girls are like that..associating and overlooking things too much ..

But Arhit and Kong are different...:wub:

• Like 2

I've been reading so many different thoughts with Ep 11. I personally liked it and the only time I truly got frustrated was when Jay forgot their anniversary  (I think that's what it was) because it brought back bad personal memories. I don't think the scenes with Namtarn and Jay are redundant or a waste as some have said but instead I think it was a good insight into who Arthit is and why he is the way he is. He only ever loved Namtarn and he didn't get the chance to confess and that so called love stayed with him thereafter.  He probably doesn't realise yet that he is long over his puppy love and approaching true love and that's why he clings on to the past so much. I also think that the scene is important as it a one of the things that make him realise what a big part of his life Kongpop has become.  It's probably these thoughts that's prompt him to feel lonely and sad when Kongpop does finally treat him like a normal senior. 

And the crying scene. Yes they could have edited it better but that doesn't mean they butchered it completely as mentioned so many times.  I feel like that's insulting the hard work of the background crew. Did not one else feel the angst in the scene? because I did. I saw the tears falling down and I heard the haltering breaths. That in itself was enough to have me hug my pillow at 5.30 am in the morning. The morning after is a continuation of Kongpop's pain, especially in the dazed way he walked. As though he wasn't even aware of where he was going and would fall at the slightest touch. We can see it clearly when Arthit is sitting with his friends and Kong walks by. It almost seemed like he had missed a step. It's these tiny things that Arthit will possibly notice and feel the pain he has inflicted, albeit not purposefully, on Kongpop.  

And it's ok to be disappointed...but let's not push our disappointment onto someone else. I believe the director has done a brilliant job in making one of the best,  if not the best,  BL series ever. We mustn't hound them so much like this. It's already aired and he can't change anything anyways. Please be more appreciative of their hard work. Bittersweet has written a wonderful book and they are doing their best to make it  into a good series and of course there will be some things that fall short of expectations but that is to be expected. 

All in all, good episode in my opinion. 

• Like 20

Just now, shivyn01 said:
Spoiler

I've been reading so many different thoughts with Ep 11. I personally liked it and the only time I truly got frustrated was when Jay forgot their anniversary  (I think that's what it was) because it brought back bad personal memories. I don't think the scenes with Namtarn and Jay are redundant or a waste as some have said but instead I think it was a good insight into who Arthit is and why he is the way he is. He only ever loved Namtarn and he didn't get the chance to confess and that so called love stayed with him thereafter.  He probably doesn't realise yet that he is long over his puppy love and approaching true love and that's why he clings on to the past so much. I also think that the scene is important as it a one of the things that make him realise what a big part of his life Kongpop has become.  It's probably these thoughts that's prompt him to feel lonely and sad when Kongpop does finally treat him like a normal senior. 

And the crying scene. Yes they could have edited it better but that doesn't mean they butchered it completely as mentioned so many times.  I feel like that's insulting the hard work of the background crew. Did not one else feel the angst in the scene? because I did. I saw the tears falling down and I heard the haltering breaths. That in itself was enough to have me hug my pillow at 5.30 am in the morning. The morning after is a continuation of Kongpop's pain, especially in the dazed way he walked. As though he wasn't even aware of where he was going and would fall at the slightest touch. We can see it clearly when Arthit is sitting with his friends and Kong walks by. It almost seemed like he had missed a step. It's these tiny things that Arthit will possibly notice and feel the pain he has inflicted, albeit not purposefully, on Kongpop.  

And it's ok to be disappointed...but let's not push our disappointment onto someone else. I believe the director has done a brilliant job in making one of the best,  if not the best,  BL series ever. We mustn't hound them so much like this. It's already aired and he can't change anything anyways. Please be more appreciative of their hard work. Bittersweet has written a wonderful book and they are doing their best to make it  into a good series and of course there will be some things that fall short of expectations but that is to be expected. 

All in all, good episode in my opinion. 

Yes I totally agree with everything that you said Shiv!!! Thank you for posting :)

Oh yeah the way Kong was walking when Arthit looked over at him! I noticed that missed step too! 

I love this show so much :wub::wub:

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

I'm pretty sure the entire series has already been edited and put together and they're just airing it now... and he's the director so I don't think he was in charge of the editing. He already apologized for the time that someone else edited out the part with Knot in Arthit's room in episode 6 (and that wasn't even his doing), so I don't think you should be harassing him like that... From what I know Thai people seem so easy going (my Thai friend always says sabai sabai lol) so I wonder how they see international fans sometimes... :blink:

While i indeed sounded off in stating my point herein, i don't think the way my feedback to Lit sounded a bit of harassment as I tried to make it more of a feedback of what's off. We had cordial exchanges in my initial feedback and he was very appreciative. I don't have further delusion that he would engage me further in my subsequent feedback as hopefully it's just one of those for his consideration and inputs for next similar engagements and an attention would be too much to expect. Sometimes though, better-than-though shades can also be a bit off, without even getting into the full fair context. Nonetheless, my apologies and I had to double-check myself again and again.

• Like 3