[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

12 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

Make It Right not from GMMTV? But GMMTV always take a long time to sub it.:( I'm tired of waiting.

I didn't mean to imply that MIR was produced by GMMTV, just that the reason that it wasnt' taken down was because of the production company. I agree a month is way too long. Why not get in contact with the FAN subbers and work something out with them? 

Agree with @jaelephy it's a bad way to treat international fans, particularly when we KNOW there is an English sub out there and we want it NOW! Argh. (let's not even have the Love Love You conversation - why the heck is there no DVD release??)

@jaelephy & @lolalarue Yeah I agree with you two.

I wondering what's their loss if other people sub it. It's not like we pay for watch their series. If they want attract many fans they should be quick and if they cooperate with FAN subbers don't they'll have less work to do plus gain a lot of fans in short time. 

16 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

@jaelephy & @lolalarue Yeah I agree with you two.

I wondering what's their loss if other people sub it. It's not like we pay for watch their series. If they want attract many fans they should be quick and if they cooperate with FAN subbers don't they'll have less work to do plus gain a lot of fans in short time. 

Exactly! More fans means opportunities for fan meetings in neighboring countries and potential sales for merchandise online. It's really silly. Plus it starts to anger fans, who'll just work out ways to get around their rules anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lolalarue said:

Exactly! More fans means opportunities for fan meetings in neighboring countries and potential sales for merchandise online. It's really silly. Plus it starts to anger fans, who'll just work out ways to get around their rules anyway. 

I wondering what's going on in their head, don't they want profit? Then why they throw away such great apportunities. I hope the other fans can hurry get around their rules. Seriously how long they want us to wait? U-Prince series will takes years to finish, that series is really long and they just give us 1 ep per week. Not to mention other series. So stingy.:angry:

Watched the raw and liked it. I'll be patient as sheep for the English sub (whenever it comes out). 

It's going to hurt the series from international fans because of this slow movement of subs. I think if this going to be their way, I just wait for the series to finish and watch the one to go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lolalarue said:

Why not get in contact with the FAN subbers and work something out with them? 

This is what I've been doing haha, I've provided the HD raw file for them to use. Anyways the video is backup, checked their twitter and it was just a mistake in their account not being activated. (which is 10x better than being taken down:sweatingbullets:) Don't forget to follow their twitter and say thanks for all their hard work~!:lol:https://twitter.com/krist_est

• Like 3

4 hours ago, meifang89 said:

Make It Right not from GMMTV? But GMMTV always take a long time to sub it.:( I'm tired of waiting.

It's GMM, not GMMTV. GMMTV is their official subbed lakorn YouTube channel. GMM has 2 major TV channels under their belt:

1. GMM25 (currently airing U-Prince, previously aired Kiss The Series, Ugly Duckling)

2. OneHD (currently airing Sotus and Lovey Dovey Series, previously aired Roonpee Secret Love, Diary of Tootsies, Hormones)

GMM is the biggest media conglomerate in Thailand, has its own production houses and focused on profit. One of the major reasons being speculated that it doesn't uploaded U-Prince, Lovey Dovey and Sotus earlier is because it's currently being rerun on LINE TV. The profits from that are more desirable than catering to a small number of international fans.

And it's not because they're too attention-hungry not to let others sub their series, but it doesn't matter if it's unsubbed, they'd still take them down. GMM has the strictest copyright policy in the industry besides Channel 7.

And no, MIR wasn't aired on a GMM-related channel. Both MIR and Lovesick were aired on MCOT and they're produced by production companies NOT related to GMM.

Remember, MIR actors/actresses are newbies and not signed to GMM. The production houses are small names in the industry so they'd welcome any kind of attention they can get. GMM on the other hand, doesn't need it. It has enough buzz to trend at #1 in Thailand. And they don't even need international fans for that.

Take all of these with a grain of salt. I'm just writing down what my Thai friends have told me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, whitedove said:

It's GMM, not GMMTV. GMMTV is their official subbed lakorn YouTube channel. GMM has 2 major TV channels under their belt:

1. GMM25 (currently airing U-Prince, previously aired Kiss The Series, Ugly Duckling)

2. OneHD (currently airing Sotus and Lovey Dovey Series, previously aired Roonpee Secret Love, Diary of Tootsies, Hormones)

GMM is the biggest media conglomerate in Thailand, has its own production houses and focused on profit. One of the major reasons being speculated that it doesn't uploaded U-Prince, Lovey Dovey and Sotus earlier is because it's currently being rerun on LINE TV. The profits from that are more desirable than catering to a small number of international fans.

And it's not because they're too attention-hungry not to let others sub their series, but it doesn't matter if it's unsubbed, they'd still take them down. GMM has the strictest copyright policy in the industry besides Channel 7.

And no, MIR wasn't aired on a GMM-related channel. Both MIR and Lovesick were aired on MCOT and they're produced by production companies NOT related to GMM.

Remember, MIR actors/actresses are newbies and not signed to GMM. The production houses are small names in the industry so they'd welcome any kind of attention they can get. GMM on the other hand, doesn't need it. It has enough buzz to trend at #1 in Thailand. And they don't even need international fans for that.

Take all of these with a grain of salt. I'm just writing down what my Thai friends have told me.

Wow! Thank you very much for your explanation. :)But still why they don't want become international trend? Why they just satisfied just in Thailand? 

1 hour ago, jjong0525 said:

This is what I've been doing haha, I've provided the HD raw file for them to use. Anyways the video is backup, checked their twitter and it was just a mistake in their account not being activated. (which is 10x better than being taken down:sweatingbullets:) Don't forget to follow their twitter and say thanks for all their hard work~!:lol:https://twitter.com/krist_est

Thanks! So awesome!

5 minutes ago, jaelephy said:

guys check the twitter account

episode one is available. don't share the episode link here.

p.s. sorry about my rant earlier. just a bad day at work so I was extra irritated.

Thank you very much!:)

13 minutes ago, jaelephy said:

guys check the twitter account

episode one is available. don't share the episode link here.

p.s. sorry about my rant earlier. just a bad day at work so I was extra irritated.

Yay! I watched it and it's so good! Can't wait for the next episode :) The subs are really good too ^^ I'm so happy Krist's fanclub is doing this for us 

• Like 2

On 24/08/2016 at 2:51 PM, whitedove said:

REALLY?!! they just satisfied with only local fan? They have a wonderful drama but just SATISFIED with just THAI fan? My country are dying to make our dramas recognised by other country... I'm SHOCKED..... GMM should think about it again...huhuhu...

• Like 1

To those asking about why GMM isn't really interested in international fans, the truth is their movie branch is (especially movies produced by GTH), but not sure why their drama branch doesn't. But they're still expanding their wings dramawise and English-subbing doesn't really start until end of 2014/early 2015 (partly thanks to Hormones). While Channel 3 and Channel 7 lakorns have enjoyed international success particularly in South-East Asia (though CH7 can be quite vicious in taking down their lakorns), GMM has only realized its potential when Full House Thai version hit it big in China and AoMike pair became the most desirable couple from Thailand. I think they're still testing the market and since they're so huge and stable, a boost of just 0.01% of international fame doesn't give them much profit compared to the 99% of profit the locals can give them.

• Like 4