[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

oh i forgot to give a proper greeting here, so here i am

i've been a silent reader of this thread since there's still only 10 pages here although i know it before too, i'm so thankful for all the helpful informations, gifs, picts, and all the discussion so that i decide to re-register here on soompi once again (i forgot my last account that i made in Lovesick era :P

anyway, nice to have known this thread and all of your rants, fangirling or fanboying posts :D 

:wub:  loving this series so much

• Like 8

Guest delightful

Okay, I'm done with translating ep.5, I just need to time it. I'm going to bed now so when I wake up I'll time it. Goodnight all!!! :expressionless:

Damn I was hoping Arthit would be nicer after Kongpope won that competition. But he wasn't!!!! The 4th year seniors sound a lot more reasonable to me, they came to protect the precious freshies! LOL!

@delightful

You are truly a delight for us. Thank You so much for subbing this. Really appreciate all the people who take the time out of their busy lives to help out with subbing so international fans can enjoy the shows in languages they can't understand. Thanks again.

About the pink milk...We have it too. But we call it Rose Milk because the pink color comes from rose syrup mixed with milk. Its actually not that odd for us to drink it here in summer but its usually preferred by kids. Though adults drink it too.  And you can tell how sweet it is by how pink it is. I think Arthit has a sweet tooth coz his pink milk looks way too sweet. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

I think someone posted this link for the song in ep 5 a couple pages ago. I guess the name of the YouTube video is the song title? I'm not sure though..

The title is phonetically transliterated as "Kon Jai" by "J. Jetrin Wantanasin"... It seemed to translate as "Searching Heart"... This actually had me scour for the artist's songs and found some other ballads that were of my liking as well, e.g. "I Feel It" and "Eyes" (per Google's obviously not so apt translations).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, delightful said:

Okay, I'm done with translating ep.5, I just need to time it. I'm going to bed now so when I wake up I'll time it. Goodnight all!!! :expressionless:

Damn I was hoping Arthit would be nicer after Kongpope won that competition. But he wasn't!!!! The 4th year seniors sound a lot more reasonable to me, they came to protect the precious freshies! LOL!

:D :wub: :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hi guys! :grin:

I'm new here. Just made an account only for this thread. I've been stalking this thread for days and can't resist to join. LOL XD

I really love SOTUS: The Series, even from the first time when the 1st trailer is out. The actors and story really looks promising. And this is the only drama that I can't resist to watch the unsubbed ver yet I don't understand Thai at all... :sweatingbullets:

This drama REALLY made me reminiscing about my freshmen year (I'm into senior this semester)... There's also this kind of event-for-freshmen in my college which mostly called 'OSPEK' in my country (Indonesia). The tasks mostly similar with the one in SOTUS. We also have to make our nametags which the design must be the same as the example from the OSPEK committee, bring exact foods which is the answer from some questions, and such. It's completely similar with SOTUS, but the difference is since I'm majoring in psychology, the physical workouts isn't as extreme as in SOTUS. We were more mentally tested. I was like Kongpob when I was participating the events (but not to the point where I'm brave enough to 'fight' the juniors. Only gossiping with my friends on their back and not doing the tasks completely as they asked to. LOL), but then my mind changed after I know that in my faculty, the event like SOTUS is based on some psychology theories that applicated to us (freshmen), so we can be ready to face the college-life. I was even being a sub-leader in the OSPEK for my freshmen when I was in junior year. :P

Well... sorry for some unnecessary sharing. XD

Actually I want to share this thing I found on IG about ep 6:

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, delightful said:

what kind of angel :bawling:

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, delightful said:

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :flushed:

thank you very very very muuuuuucccccccccccccchhhhhh! :bawling:

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, delightful said:

Good night. :wub::D

I think that's how Arthit shows love for him, for now. We all need to forgive him, especially after you see his expressions when Kong sang (and all the other things that happened in these 5 episodes). He is trying to hide everything and act like things that Kong do aren't affecting him even one bit.. Also, it's just been 5 episodes, it's better to go slowly, smoothly... romance will be more enjoyable later then. Personally, I am loving all of their glances and Arthit 'cute side' that I really don't care about it. 

• Like 3

Guest skeletonworks

@delightful Wow major props to you for getting the translation done in a day. I'd have helped you do the timing for the translation but I'm already doing timing for another fandom.

Actually you can try asking fans in here whether they can do the timing for you if you are busy or lack of time. Or maybe work together with Krist's fanclub.

What did you use for timing? I'd suggest you use aegisub. It's quite a light, nifty and easy to use software for subtitling.

I saw the manoot pa la dek that you subbed. That's awesome job you did there! You also use different colours which I'm lazy to do. Hahaha.

Anyway, looking forward to your hardsub! Thank you very much! Really appreciate it! And don't feel pressure to finish it if you're busy. Everyone has their own real life commitment as well ^^

As for Sotus, I'm truly excited for next week's episode!!!! Next week's episode is gonna be full of sugar!!!!!

28 minutes ago, delightful said:

Wow... you are awesome... our greatest saviour... I love you more and more... thanks a lot for your hardwork... MAY GOD BLESS YOU...:wub:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, arsidians said:

oh i forgot to give a proper greeting here, so here i am

i've been a silent reader of this thread since there's still only 10 pages here although i know it before too, i'm so thankful for all the helpful informations, gifs, picts, and all the discussion so that i decide to re-register here on soompi once again (i forgot my last account that i made in Lovesick era :P

anyway, nice to have known this thread and all of your rants, fangirling or fanboying posts :D 

:wub:  loving this series so much

12 minutes ago, apeach said:

I'm new here. Just made an account only for this thread. I've been stalking this thread for days and can't resist to join. LOL XD

I really love SOTUS: The Series, even from the first time when the 1st trailer is out. The actors and story really looks promising. And this is the only drama that I can't resist to watch the unsubbed ver yet I don't understand Thai at all... :sweatingbullets:

This drama REALLY made me reminiscing about my freshmen year (I'm into senior this semester)... There's also this kind of event-for-freshmen in my college which mostly called 'OSPEK' in my country (Indonesia). The tasks mostly similar with the one in SOTUS. We also have to make our nametags which the design must be the same as the example from the OSPEK committee, bring exact foods which is the answer from some questions, and such. It's completely similar with SOTUS, but the difference is since I'm majoring in psychology, the physical workouts isn't as extreme as in SOTUS. We were more mentally tested. I was like Kongpob when I was participating the events (but not to the point where I'm brave enough to 'fight' the juniors. Only gossiping with my friends on their back and not doing the tasks completely as they asked to. LOL), but then my mind changed after I know that in my faculty, the event like SOTUS is based on some psychology theories that applicated to us (freshmen), so we can be ready to face the college-life. I was even being a sub-leader in the OSPEK for my freshmen when I was in junior year. :P

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome here, both of you. Hope to see you active here. :D More people = More fun! hehe :wub: I don't understand Thai too, not a word, but I couldn't resist, watched yesterday raw episode and truly enjoyed it. I never really watch raw episodes, but this is an exception.  ^^ :heart:

I've been a silent reader too, until couple of days ago. Now after finding how fun this is... I just don't want to be silent anymore. hahaha :P

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

_20160914_110233_zpsslkc0id0.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

_20160719_221042_zpssihhbc0o.jpg

Hi :) Welcome here! I agree with you about the trailer! The trailer for Sotus is amazing!! and had me wanting to watch the drama so badly ^^ And the series is definitely living up to its expectations so far! I love it xD

19 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Ahhhhh that's SO CUTE!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

_20160914_110233_zpsslkc0id0.jpg

IT REALLY DID LOOK LIKE THAT THOUGH  (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Reveal hidden contents

_20160719_221042_zpssihhbc0o.jpg

Hi :) Welcome here! I agree with you about the trailer! The trailer for Sotus is amazing!! and had me wanting to watch the drama so badly ^^ And the series is definitely living up to its expectations so far! I love it xD

Thank you for welcoming me, friend :D. Ah did you also love it since the trailer? sadly GMM made us wait for a year, even I started to wonder whether they will release this series or not, haha...

Btw I want to ask you that have watched the two versions, is there any difference between One HD and line TV version of this ep 5? since I watched there's a bit difference in ep 3.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lindsey Jung said:

Thank you for welcoming me, friend :D. Ah did you also love it since the trailer? sadly GMM made us wait for a year, even I started to wonder whether they will release this series or not, haha...

Btw I want to ask you that have watched the two versions, is there any difference between One HD and line TV version of this ep 5? since I watched there's a bit difference in ep 3

I live streamed the One HD version, but part way through it started lagging and buffering more so I missed some stuff. Then I started watching the raw of the One HD version that someone uploaded, but not too long after the Line TV version came out and I had work to do so I just went back and watched the Line TV version later :sweatingbullets: (and have already rewatched it another time since lol). Haha sorry that's a really long explanation for me to just say that I'm not sure about the differences between the One HD version and the Line version for ep 5. 

29 minutes ago, apeach said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow really? That's kind of cool that you can relate to the series like that! I didn't know anything about Sotus or systems like that until I found out about this drama and looked it up (I'm a senior in university too right now^^). One of my friends was watching it and she was kind of confused about why the first years had to do all that stuff because she didn't know that Sotus was an actual thing in Thailand :sweatingbullets:

And thanks so much for the ep 6 spoiler! I can't wait to see it! The scene where Kongpob is all worried about Arthit and comes out in the rain to see him :wub: and Arthit's surprised face when Kongpob visits him in his room is so cute! He's all adorable and flustered and I can't wait to see it!!! Oops I think I said that twice... xD

• Like 3

1 hour ago, apeach said:

Reveal hidden contents

at first i thought it was bizarre and unrealistic to see the seniors power tripping the freshmen but when someone posted on here that in thai universities things like that happen all the time i was shook. the way they use the word "hazing" very casually is a little bit alarming too. in ph, hazing means an extreme initiation for students who want to be part of a fraternity/sorority. they usually end up dead that's why the government criminalize it due to the alarming rate of deaths.

freshmen can certainly avoid all of this stress (regardless of their major of choice) if they opt not to join a club or fraternity. but i guess in thailand and other countries in south east asia, freshmen have to undergo this kind of university ritual :(

Edited by samvilerow23
  • Like 3

Since a bunch of lurkers are coming out the wood work I want to join the fun too!  My fave thing about watching the series right now is actually following singto on IG. His Instagram stories posts are just sill. I don't speak Thai but my husband and kiddies do although he is a terrible translater. I am making him watch sotus with me so I have someone to talk about episodes with lol. 

Does anyone know if Krist fanclub released their version of episode 4? I watched the Viet version but I like to watch both. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Theresa Espinoza said:

Since a bunch of lurkers are coming out the wood work I want to join the fun too!  My fave thing about watching the series right now is actually following singto on IG. His Instagram stories posts are just sill. I don't speak Thai but my husband and kiddies do although he is a terrible translater. I am making him watch sotus with me so I have someone to talk about episodes with lol. 

Does anyone know if Krist fanclub released their version of episode 4? I watched the Viet version but I like to watch both. 

Yes Singto's IG is great! :lol: Krist fanclub hasn't posted ep 4 yet and I haven't seen any posts with news about it :huh: I also like to watch both translations

• Like 4