[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

4 hours ago, delightful said:

Okay, so I've been wanting to ask this for some time now but just never got the chance... fine, I forgot, okay? ... Anyways, for the subbed episodes, what do you guys want? I mean the font, size, and the color .... do you guys care as long as you can read it? It's one of those things that I've never gotten down quite right. If you guys haven't noticed I keep on changing the font color, does that bother you guys? I was thinking of just sticking to one color.. what color would it be for SOTUS? Pink for pink milk? LOL! As for font and size... I was going to just stick with one from now on too. Or do you guys want something different in each episode? .. Or am I over-thinking this? I need episode 9 so bad right now! :tears:

white font with black stroke/border is the best for subtitles! yellow is also typical, but white is normally preferable because it can be read easily no matter what color the background is (the black border helps with this as well, in case the background is white)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, delightful said:

Okay, so I've been wanting to ask this for some time now but just never got the chance... fine, I forgot, okay? ... Anyways, for the subbed episodes, what do you guys want? I mean the font, size, and the color .... do you guys care as long as you can read it? It's one of those things that I've never gotten down quite right. If you guys haven't noticed I keep on changing the font color, does that bother you guys? I was thinking of just sticking to one color.. what color would it be for SOTUS? Pink for pink milk? LOL! As for font and size... I was going to just stick with one from now on too. Or do you guys want something different in each episode? .. Or am I over-thinking this? I need episode 9 so bad right now! :tears:

I personally really like all of your subs. I don't realise that all of them are different, but they are very read-able. :D

I also really like it when you put your comments in subs in certain scenes :wub:

I feel like someone is also watching together with me even though I'm watching it alone

• Like 6

8 hours ago, delightful said:

I love the way you do your subs now. I like how you have your own thoughts up top. The only thing I would suggest is maybe leave it a second longer? Cos it's hard to read if there are subs to read at the same time. But for me the size and colour of the fonts are working but I must admit I didn't notice a change. Is it white down the bottom and yellow for the top? 

• Like 4

Hello, Everyone.

It's about 2 weeks already since I've been absent here.

I've a gift for you (Thai speakers & readers here.)

I cannot do a good translation so I provide a raw version here.

Maybe P' @delightful  could help you. hehe

Spoiler

SOTUS Special mini novel

9q9.jpg

c3m.jpg

c3n.jpg

bbd.jpg

c3s.jpg

c3t.jpg

bey.jpg

ber.jpg

c7f.jpg

bew.jpg

beo.jpg

c7c.jpg

c74.jpg

c75.jpg

9qb.jpg

aiz.jpg

air.jpg

9q8.jpg

• Like 15

9 hours ago, delightful said:

no real complaint as they've kinda trademarked your work...

but since you've asked for some inputs... the following are my *dismissible* suggestions: 

Spoiler
  • the white (or pastel) font with dark thin outline seemed to be the less eye-straining combination
  • on your essential commentaries, it might help me (being selfish here) to not miss them in the first viewing, is to set them still at the bottom (i.e. below the main sub) - in italics, smaller and more colorful font than the main sub, enclosed in either * * or ( ) :)
  • more commentaries :D 

• Like 3

Guest delightful
46 minutes ago, ikkiek said:

Hello, Everyone.

It's about 2 weeks already since I've been absent here.

I've a gift for you (Thai speakers & readers here.)

I cannot do a good translation so I provide a raw version here.

Maybe P' @delightful  could help you. hehe

Hide contents

SOTUS Special mini novel

9q9.jpg

c3m.jpg

c3n.jpg

bbd.jpg

c3s.jpg

c3t.jpg

bey.jpg

ber.jpg

c7f.jpg

bew.jpg

beo.jpg

c7c.jpg

c74.jpg

c75.jpg

9qb.jpg

aiz.jpg

air.jpg

9q8.jpg

The first story is a day in Kongpope's life... P'Arthit helps him.. I guess I'll translate it if you guys want it.

The next two stories are the special chapters that I've already translated 'Missing You part 1 and Missing You part 2.

10 hours ago, delightful said:

Oh I really don't know, I think is better only one color and format for all the video?? Love your comment at the top of the video :))) 

And I want to ask, did you translate also the first/second/third episodes? I Don't remember when you start

• Like 3

Guest delightful
1 hour ago, erngust said:

no real complaint as they've kinda trademarked your work...

but since you've asked for some inputs... the following are my *dismissible* suggestions: 

Reveal hidden contents
  • the white (or pastel) font with dark thin outline seemed to be the less eye-straining combination
  • on your essential commentaries, it might help me (being selfish here) to not miss them in the first viewing, is to set them still at the bottom (i.e. below the main sub) - in italics, smaller and more colorful font than the main sub, enclosed in either * * or ( ) :)
  • more commentaries :D 

I tried the comments on the bottom suggestion and it looked weird/messy and it 'competes' with the actually subtitle. I think I'll keep it at the top, but I'll make it a little longer. I didn't know people liked my comments that much. LOL! I don't know about adding more, I only add it when I get excited about something. I actually had a lot of stuff to say during the episodes, but I deleted a lot of them because I felt like there was too much. Like the part when Maprang and Praepailin came over to ask them why the seniors were all friendly with them and Maprang said she liked P'Arthit and the camera focuses on Kongpope's face... trust me.. my inner .. don't you dare touch my pink milk monster comments flew out of my mouth.. But I held myself back, because I didn't want to overload the episode with my comments.  ^_^

Someone suggested I used maroon as the shadow/outline, it actually didn't turn out so bad. You need to click on it and view it at full screen/full size.

testing_subtitles.png

Guest delightful
57 minutes ago, Ayuchi_5 said:

Oh I really don't know, I think is better only one color and format for all the video?? Love your comment at the top of the video :))) 

And I want to ask, did you translate also the first/second/third episodes? I Don't remember when you start

I started from episode 5, someone told me 1-4 was already done so I didn't do them. But I will eventually do all of them and release it as a whole, just... busy with translations right now so I haven't had time. ^_^

I'll translate that little special chapter of a day in Kongpope's life first since it's shorter than the novel chapters.

Guest delightful

Hahahaha.. why do I love P'Arthit so much? Especially when he's acting tough.

The tall body was about to turn around and head in the direction of the campus gates when the person on the bicycle started to rush him.

"Why are you just standing there? Get on. I'll take you to the building."

Kongpope paused and showed a surprised face. Judging from their body size...

"P'Arthit, can you handle my weight?"

"Are you going to get on or do I have to order you to do push-ups then get on?"

The threat came along with an annoyed voice, suitable from the old head of the hazing team.

And someone that used to be a freshman couldn't argue and had to do as he was told.

Kongpope got on and sat in the back seat of the black older looking bicycle. His seat was already adjusted lower, all he could see was the back and waist of the person in front of him. And that made him ask a question he couldn't stop himself from asking.

"Can I put my arms around your waist?"

The person being asked was startled, he turned to glare at the person and gave a short but definite answer.

"Then get off!"

He was denied without any sympathy, but for some reason Kongpope gave out a laugh. The person who was now sitting on the front seat controlled the bike and they slowly moved forward.

4 hours ago, greenfan said:

Newwiee, can I have a bite.. of you? I mean of that beautiful dessert? :)

**grabbed from Newwiee's IG

waaaahhhh.... a serving of Strawberry Cheesecake Kakigori from After You Dessert Café....i sooo miss that. So yummy just like the one holding the spoon :)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Your welcome ^^ I hope it makes sense... I edited it but sometimes I'll miss things.. And I write things kind of weirdly lol :P 

Have a good sleep! Dream of SOTUS :wub::wub:

It was great, nothing missing exept maybe it was too short :phew:, I hope we can read more soon :D:DHaha, didn't dream about Sotus, i never do unfortunately i think it is because i think too much about it during the day 555555. Thanks anyway :-)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, delightful said:

I tried the comments on the bottom suggestion and it looked weird/messy and it 'competes' with the actually subtitle. I think I'll keep it at the top, but I'll make it a little longer. I didn't know people liked my comments that much. LOL! I don't know about adding more, I only add it when I get excited about something. I actually had a lot of stuff to say during the episodes, but I deleted a lot of them because I felt like there was too much. Like the part when Maprang and Praepailin came over to ask them why the seniors were all friendly with them and Maprang said she liked P'Arthit and the camera focuses on Kongpope's face... trust me.. my inner .. don't you dare touch my pink milk monster comments flew out of my mouth.. But I held myself back, because I didn't want to overload the episode with my comments.  ^_^

Someone suggested I used maroon as the shadow/outline, it actually didn't turn out so bad. You need to click on it and view it at full screen/full size.

testing_subtitles.png

Actually out of the three options the red is the hardest for me. The white works the best because it's a dark background but the middle on would probably work best overall. I think the number of comments you have now is just right, not too distracting and emphasising the important bits. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, delightful said:

Hahahaha.. why do I love P'Arthit so much? Especially when he's acting tough.

The tall body was about to turn around and head in the direction of the campus gates when the person on the bicycle started to rush him.

"Why are you just standing there? Get on. I'll take you to the building."

Kongpope paused and showed a surprised face. Judging from their body size...

"P'Arthit, can you handle my weight?"

"Are you going to get on or do I have to order you to do push-ups then get on?"

The threat came along with an annoyed voice, suitable from the old head of the hazing team.

And someone that used to be a freshman couldn't argue and had to do as he was told.

Kongpope got on and sat in the back seat of the black older looking bicycle. His seat was already adjusted lower, all he could see was the back and waist of the person in front of him. And that made him ask a question he couldn't stop himself from asking.

"Can I put my arms around your waist?"

The person being asked was startled, he turned to glare at the person and gave a short but definite answer.

"Then get off!"

He was denied without any sympathy, but for some reason Kongpope gave out a laugh. The person who was now sitting on the front seat controlled the bike and they slowly moved forward.

So sweet :wub::wub:. Is it a part lf the special chapters?

• Like 5

13 hours ago, delightful said:

Thank you for your hard work and amazing subs!! We really appreciate it. I also love your comments at the top of screen:lol:

I don't know which fonts and size are used in each ep , but ep8 is easier to read for me than ep7 though you use same font and size through each episode.

I usually watch bl stuff in my cellphone....because my family must not know it!!!  .....so, bigger and clearer font/size is needed...  I'd be glad if you use the font/size like you used in ep8:)

• Like 4