[Drama 2016] Beautiful Gong Shim 미녀 공심이

mysignisflower

I loved the first episode, I'll be watching this 'till the end! The main couple looks adorably cute together. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Also, when GS took off her wig I was somewhat happy/relieved!! :D You could tell from miles away that that was a wig, I was happy to see that the wig was a wig in real life and fiction too. :lol: She looks so much more better with her natural hair (short hair might have looked more pretty if it was more natural looking tho) Even so, I kinda liked her fake hair, if it was more real natural looking it would be amazing.

Anyway, I'm super happy with our OTP and the story so far (even if its only the 1rst episode!)  :wub: :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ororomunroe

First episode was so funny. 

Spoiler

When they woke up to find themselves sleeping together :lol:

When she accused of being a thief. 'We're totally friends' lmao

Looking at the preview, it seems the lawyer sister isn't going to help out her sibling. If I were in that situation, I'd hope that I'd choose family over job but you never know... 

3 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

First episode was so funny. 

Hide contents

When they woke up to find themselves sleeping together :lol:

When she accused of being a thief. 'We're totally friends' lmao

Looking at the preview, it seems the lawyer sister isn't going to help out her sibling. If I were in that situation, I'd hope that I'd choose family over job but you never know... 

The lawyer sister has the reputation of being beauty with brains. Truth is, they hired her simply because she is pretty and less cause of the brains. She will have to eat up her pride and admit that she is flawed if she wants to explain the situation. I hate the parents. They could handle it better but they didn't.

Gosh. Just when you think you've seen the lowest parents can go, Gong Shim's parents show you that they can go even lower. And her older sister? Ugh! You would choose a job where they don't appreciate you and in which you've been told to your face that the only reason you were hired was because of your looks, over your sisters safety and mental health? Seriously? That was assault and Gong Shim could have been seriously injured. And what? Her sister and parents want her to drop the suit? I hope she never forgets it. I hope she always remembers that should the choice come between her health and money, her family would choose money over her. With family like this, who needs enemies? 

I'm so looking forward to the next episode, to Gong Shim getting Dan Tae to file the lawsuit for her and to her applying for a job at Joon So's company and getting it. I want her taking her life in her hands, making her own money, moving into her own apartment and living her life that would put her out of the orbit of the family who don't treasure her. I'm sure Dan Tae and Joon So would treasure her just fine! 

I feel that Lawyer sister is going to get a big eye opener soon. She has set her sights on Jin So  but I feel that Jin So and Dan Tae will both fall for Gong Shim. The real issue is when Don Tae will be found out to be the missing grandson who was kidnapped and cousin (correction) to Jin So.  We have seen how the grandmother treats Jin So now (blaming him for why they died because of his birthday) but then we have them finding the missing child and that man is also in love with the same woman. There will be a rivalry even though they are friends at the moment.  It will be funny to see Lawyer sister then trying to gain Jin So's attention only to have him snub her. She has had everything fall at her feet due to her brains and good looks.. It will be a shock to her have to work hard at getting a man to even look at her let alone want to be interested in her. 

Big sis will get an eye full when Jin So is not interested in her and Don Tae lets her have it too I be when he meets her again as well since she made him drop his food in this episode and just walked off basically. She needs to learn a lesson after the way she did her sister over that lawsuit and how she and the family treat this woman. (Making her live in her closet that use to be Gong Shims room. Not even helping her with a outfit for her interview.) Her family needs a real nasty lesson on mistreating Gong Shim. It will certainly surprise them if pretty sis does not win this time around. 

I do hope that the job she back stabbed her sister for makes her realize exactly what she is there for. Not just tell her she was only hired due to her face but treat her that way too. This is only the beginning for her as she thought squashing that lawsuit would be her ticket but those men will never respect her the way she wants them to.

I see Gong Shim eventually living her life and hopefully achieving her dreams. I know which guy I want her to be with and hope I get my wish.. lol 

Guest ororomunroe
3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I feel that Lawyer sister is going to get a big eye opener soon. She has set her sights on Jin So  but I feel that Jin So and Dan Tae will both fall for Gong Shim. The real issue is when Don Tae will be found out to be the missing grandson who was kidnapped and half brother to Jin So.  We have seen how the grandmother treats Jin So now (blaming him for why they died because of his birthday) but then we have them finding the missing child and that man is also in love with the same woman. There will be a rivalry even though they are friends at the moment.  

I thought JS and DT are first cousins? I think his Mom is the daughter since his Dad said he was related by marriage. 

12 minutes ago, ororomunroe said:

I thought JS and DT are first cousins? I think his Mom is the daughter since his Dad said he was related by marriage. 

I read somewhere or saw something that said they where suppose to be half brothers (typo I want to bet) but I think that you are right and they are cousins given what we have seen from the family so far.. 

Hello everyone, I like the first eps and I will definitely watch this until the end since that crying scene of Gong Shim is such a keeper. I havent been able to back track. I really want to discuss with you guys here tho :(

Oh I really enjoy Minah acting. She exceeded my expectation. and do I need to say about Nam Goong Min acting? he is just being good actor like he usually do but I still see trace of him being this scary villain. And that actor who play half bro, how should I said this? I kinda didnt like his character in surplus princess, and I still do when I see his face, Mian XD XD but he will prove otherwise, I am sure of it. 

Hi everyone diving in here.. Saw the first episode and it was hilarious. I think Dan Tae was abducted then lived in the Philippines. It makes perfect sense why he loves wearing sandals a.k.a Tsinelas. People there practically uses sandals as they are in a tropical country. Also his name is pretty common Dan Tae as in Dante. 

Is it Korean culture to let your customer bully you? I don't like the scene at the gas station at all? Why couldn't Gong Shim defend herself? That woman definitely is not stronger than her. Gong Shim does not seem to be a coward the way she talks to or acts around her family or anyone else except that woman CEO or president.

Given how nasty the woman is that beat up on Gong Shim I have a feeling that Dan Tae being able to find a copy of that video and making her apologize to Gong Shim is going to come back and bite Big Sis in the butt. Already the woman snubbed her in today's episode and that is after she thought Gong Mi did her job right but after finding out that there was still a copy that woman seems the type to be a bit vindictive. The woman asked Dan Tae where he got the copy of the video he had and he told her from the fish truck in front of the gas station. That means that big sis did not do her job well and secure all the copies like she told her boss the President. I have no doubt the woman will be telling her hubby about this or trying to get back at Gong Mi if she can.. 

Now on to what that woman did. She made her husband think she was inviting big sis to that luncheon for millionaire wives only to snub her for another girl and have her take off her smock to give to that girl and then introduce her to Jin Soo. It was a slap in her face and after she threw her sister under the bus for this woman and her job. (serves her right for doing what she did to her sister!). Her feelings looked a bit hurt but then that is nothing compared to what Gong Shim went through when that lady was beating her and the betrayal of her family not standing behind her and thinking of her well being. 

Am I the only one wondering who the man is at the end of the episode that Dan Tae calls Abeoji? Is he someone that found Dan Tae and raised him as his own after he was kidnapped or is he the kidnapper? And why has he mysteriously shown up where Dan Tae is living now? Will he be there to tell Dan Tae who he really is allowing him to piece together that he is dreaming of himself as a little boy calling out for his mom? Is he the one who called Halmoni in episode 1? IF that is so then perhaps he is the kidnapper or saw a flyer. Also you would think someone would have thought to do age progression on a picture to see what he could look like as an adult to be able to find him later. 

We can tell that both Jin Soo and Halmoni both felt a connection to Dan Tae when they met him. How long before something triggers Halmoni to want to check to see if there is a DNA connection I wonder? I see more times Dan Tae may be near her possibly as a part time driver and something will have this woman thinking of this connection or that man could call again. 

Hopefully we'll get an explanation why Dan Tae isn't living with his father (or rather why this father had to go looking for him, may be to the point of calling the Grandma's home, believing Dan Tae remembered who he was) in the next episode.

Kudos to Gong Shim for being able to say those words to those 2 men in the interview--sadly, she was also partially hired because of her looks.

I am really hoping that family or someone from the company did not have his family kidnapped or killed.. I think that would almost if not kill his Halmoni if her own family or someone in that company did that to her son and his family causing her grandson to be missing all these years for greed or jealousy. 

Welcome to the thread @Ldy Gmerm, @ororomunroe, @badsmuler, @hell59, @DzungN, @Eichhoernchen, @chewii,  @cafe99     @scorpion21  @Rainbow1112   @cafe99   @fidda868   @Nymeria289 ,  @Itenoria @stellwc12  smiley-signs046.gif

I just finished watching ep. 1 on Viki and I am liking it a lot.
@badsmuler  Thank you for letting us know about the ratings, and the stills, and I am happy that ep 2 increased in ratings.

On 5/15/2016 at 11:16 PM, cafe99 said:

I loved the first episode, I'll be watching this 'till the end! The main couple looks adorably cute together. :wub:

Me too..... loving it, and loving our OTP.  
I was also happy to see that within the drama, it is a wig. 

On 5/15/2016 at 11:56 PM, Rainbow1112 said:

How many episode are there?

A few sites lists it with 20 episodes.

19 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

Likewise..... But it seems that Gong-Shim has been the "runt" of her family, because of her father's debt.

19 hours ago, fidda868 said:

finally NGM oppa first drama as lead actor!!  Can't wait for tonight's episode!! See you guys tonight.

I agree... And I am glad he got a good project for his first role as a lead on a major station.

@Misstwilightfan1416 Thank you for ep. 2 videos and preview to ep. 3. I thought she was crying there... I was surprised to see she was laughing...

16 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

The lawyer sister has the reputation of being beauty with brains. Truth is, they hired her simply because she is pretty and less cause of the brains.

I agree... they even seemed to want her to "entertain" that congressman....  She is in a position she needs to prove herself, and that is why she is willing to sell out "Gong Shim."

14 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The real issue is when Don Tae will be found out to be the missing grandson who was kidnapped and cousin (correction) to Jin So.

I am so curious about that too... And how it will be discovered.... And why has DT lost his memories, and what has happened to him. He dreams about the little boy that is him, but does not make the connection.  Why did they (whoever they were) kidnap him if it was not for ransom?

@Itenoria  I am hoping, that as Daen-Tae will learn to appreciate Gong-Shim and love her, it will open her family's eyes to... and they will follow suite..

13 hours ago, scorpion21 said:

First ep was verry funny i'm loving this . minah is so cute and her acting is good for me

I agree.. She is very charming.... And she has wonderful screen presence

11 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

I thought JS and DT are first cousins? I think his Mom is the daughter since his Dad said he was related by marriage

I am getting confused about the relationship. I thought I had read somewhere that Daen-Tae and Joon-Soo are half-brothers...?  Same as @Ldy Gmerm.  And I have not seen a relationship chart either.

10 hours ago, Eichhoernchen said:

Oh I really enjoy Minah acting. She exceeded my expectation. and do I need to say about Nam Goong Min acting? he is just being good actor like he usually do but I still see trace of him being this scary villain

Me too... about Minah's acting.   Namgoong Min's character, I think he will become the good person as we get deeper into the drama.

10 hours ago, chewii said:

Hi everyone diving in here.. Saw the first episode and it was hilarious. I think Dan Tae was abducted then lived in the Philippines

I am wondering about that Philippines connection, and who has just called grandma from the there... We are having a mystery rom-com. I like this.

10 hours ago, DzungN said:

Is it Korean culture to let your customer bully you? I don't like the scene at the gas station at all?

It was a pretty shocking scene... and just as  shocking to find out later who the assailant is...

I have not seen yet ep.. 2. Waiting for subs. So will read your comments about it tomorrow.

Spoiler

BB%200-TSN-5-ep1_zpsysoesiyr.jpg

"Beautiful Gong Shim" Episode 1 recap

http://kramarecap.blogspot.com/2016/05/beautiful-gong-shim-episode-1-recap.html#.VzlxAJErKyY

Archived