[Drama 2016] Beautiful Gong Shim 미녀 공심이

mysignisflower

Oh nooo @Itenoria JS is way too good for that medusa.... GM should not end up with any of our boys... you are right she doesn't deserve anyone until she come to her senses for quiting the "Queen of the house" role.

Yes she is paying for everything in the house, so what....it's doesn't validate her to become so powerfull and can step on GS 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is this interesting conversation I was having with a friend.. in context of BGS.. its about what we truly value in life..

Asian societies have a concept of arranged marriage..and no matter which class you belong to..following are some factors that parents/people involved look for..

1. Financial stability of the boy - Out an out this is about the money (what kind of job, stability etc)

2. Education of the boy - Isn't education a proxy for money too.. better college/ed better job..

3. Family status - again its about the standing in the society

4. Nature - fake point.. you can't judge that really in 1 meeting

5. Even in love marriage... what is it that gets us interested in a person.. (think honestly about this..is it only the nature??? from the beginning - first moment of realization.. to the end..  are good looks, his intelligence, his good pedigree, family.. none of it ever plays a role?)

So. in varying intensity...are all of us gold diggers.. clearly no body ever wants to marry a poor man..now do they? :P

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

There is this interesting conversation I was having with a friend.. in context of BGS.. its about what we truly value in life..

Asian societies have a concept of arranged marriage..and no matter which class you belong to..following are some factors that parents/people involved look for..

1. Financial stability of the boy - Out an out this is about the money (what kind of job, stability etc)

2. Education of the boy - Isn't education a proxy for money too.. better college/ed better job..

3. Family status - again its about the standing in the society

4. Nature - fake point.. you can't judge that really in 1 meeting

5. Even in love marriage... what is it that gets us interested in a person.. (think honestly about this..is it only the nature??? from the beginning - first moment of realization.. to the end..  are good looks, his intelligence, his good pedigree, family.. none of it ever plays a role?)

So. in varying intensity...are all of us gold diggers.. clearly no body ever wants to marry a poor man..now do they? :P

I think that to say that in order to justify the ill actions of a character is maybe too much? Generalization is never good (and that's about the gol digger thing and, to be honest, all of the above in your post)

No matter how one wants to see it, GM did wrong to her own sister with the way she has treated GS, for what she did with the enrollment at the carpentry shop (and on top of that GM was mocking/asking what GS lost that time), taking with out permission the cookies and in this case, just because their parents have no consideration or manners, that doesn't mean that she (GM) has to do the same, she is already an adult person who can distinguish right from wrong... (if not, why did she do all those things -c.shop, cookie and stuff- secretly?)

And reading all your posts, the fact that GM's actions have a reason does not mean they should be justified... Understanding something or someone does no equal to justify those -wrong- actions and say that it is misjudged.

1 hour ago, cafe99 said:

I think that to say that in order to justify the ill actions of a character is maybe too much?

Did I say I was saying that specific to a character? And what ill actions are you talking about? What world destroying ill action has been performed till date in that show?

Generalization is never good (and that's about the gol digger thing and, to be honest, all of the above in your post)

Generalization..hmm.. its a direct question..for what majority does.. and how frequently we change our own stance.. let people answer... without input data how are you able to draw the conclusion..I have thrown the question.. let's hear your answer.. how will you marry??? Do you look forward to marrying a poor guy? - a street vendor who is hardly able to suffice his own needs?... i am very curious to know what motivations people have.. and nullify my hypothesis on dicotomy of choices when it comes to self and when it comes to others..

No matter how one wants to see it, GM did wrong to her own sister with the way she has treated GS, for what she did with the enrollment at the carpentry shop (and on top of that GM was mocking/asking what GS lost that time), taking with out permission the cookies and in this case, just because their parents have no consideration or manners, that doesn't mean that she (GM) has to do the same, she is already an adult person who can distinguish right from wrong... (if not, why did she do all those things -c.shop, cookie and stuff- secretly?)

Pray tell me what has she done wrong? Which is so hate worthy?

She enrolled herself in a class her sis was going to.. is it a hateworthy thing? Wrong indeed..but hateworthy really?.. then all the corporates in the world are cringeworthy hateworthy.. anyone manipulating circumstances even slightly is hateworthy...

I disagree.. and let's leave it that..if above stated reason is all you have to hate GM..

- Cookies that GS doesn't want? That she has already left..that family is planning to eat? if GM were so vile..she would have taken it right when GS made it.. flimsy argument in my opinion..

For example.. do you announce your motivations to world when you are doing it.. a lot of people don't .. she has her agenda.. she wants to woo a guy .. simple.. and there is really no need to tell everyone..that look i like the guy and hence i need the cookie.. its simple(atleast as per subs).. cookies are lying around..family is going to eat it anyway.. GS has left it behind...GS has no plans or need for those cookies so GM takes it and uses it..

I can bet..if it were the other way round..that hero is trying to woo the heroine..and makes all these efforts.. it would be viewed as cute and funny..

E.g. BOF- atleast the hero should have never been applauded.. he almost ordered boys to rape the girl/ or call that other kid ugly and treat her bad.. but there you go.. just because he becomes sincere in love..he is a great guy.. (quoting as example..i am sure there are ample examples)

And reading all your posts, the fact that GM's actions have a reason does not mean they should be justified... Understanding something or someone does no equal to justify those -wrong- actions and say that it is misjudged.

Precisely.. What is so wrong to call her words as sever as they are being.. I am sure she will reach there where you are already visualizing her because drama intends to take her there.. BUT today based on four episode.. What are you judging her on?- Things that most of us practice in our real lives..And hence I call out the hypocrisy...

I am not saying you are wrong..because all said aside..everything does not work on logic.. sometimes we meet people and we hate them without apparent reason. So, I am ready to accept that you dislike her or hate her because you do. But on logical level, from character analysis point of view.. I find this hate unwarranted..

On 23.5.2016 at 5:56 AM, cafe99 said:

I think that to say that in order to justify the ill actions of a character is maybe too much? Generalization is never good (and that's about the gol digger thing and, to be honest, all of the above in your post)

I agree with you. Besides, this would mean that people can only marry very late (after studies), if it was so important. I married myself very early, my husband hadn't really finished his studies (first law exam), since he had to have a formation for 2 years and pass the second law exam. However, there was no guarantee that he would succeed and later, that he would find a good job. We know now plenty of lawyers who have been living on the minimum. Only the ones with very good grads for the two law exams are able to find a good job. 

First of all, parents should be more interested in the character of the future husband than anything else. Even a good situation can change, there is no guarantee for the future. But a character doesn't change that much...

So @enigmatic_zephy  saying that we are all golddiggers is too much for me, especially in my case.

Because I was younger (24) compared to the age of Germans marrying, people asked me the reasons we were getting married back then. They would ask

- if I was pregnant and when I denied it,

- then they would why we would do it, when we were only students and had no big money.

Funny is that no one was thinking of love at all.

About GS: the fact that she hid behind trash bags, later put her wig on the dog's head and in the end, she was in trash illustrates how low her self-esteem is. There is a gradation in the hide and seek. First, she is next to trash, than she sees herself like a dog, finally she is trash herself. That's why DT was moved and shocked because he realised how hurt GS is. 

@bebebisous33 fair enough..  may be not outright gold diggers.. but I am still trying to understand if finances don't drive our decisions.. arranged marriage is definitely on the radar.. about love marriage.. i wonder.. what triggers love..I always thought multiple factors lead you to subconsciously accept a person..and eventually the final factor definitely comes down to nature/compatibility.. (but like I said, there are steps in between and proxy factors that one way or the other connect to comfortable life)

Any psychology student here in the forum?... 

To be honest, I am also trying to understand the motivations...role of subconscious and feels .. :)

9 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

@bebebisous33 fair enough..  may be not outright gold diggers.. but I am still trying to understand if finances don't drive our decisions.. arranged marriage is definitely on the radar.. about love marriage.. i wonder.. what triggers love..I always thought multiple factors lead you to subconsciously accept a person..and eventually the final factor definitely comes down to nature/compatibility.. (but like I said, there are steps in between and proxy factors that one way or the other connect to comfortable life)

Any psychology student here in the forum?... 

To be honest, I am also trying to understand the motivations...role of subconscious and feels .. :)

You are right in the sense that a lot of women might take the social background into consideration without realising it. However, do you believe in love  at first sight? Because in this case, you have no information about that guy, only his manners and appearances. I do believe in love at first sight ... I belong to these who experienced it. I am now still married with him... although it took us a while before we got together.

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

5. Even in love marriage... what is it that gets us interested in a person.. (think honestly about this..is it only the nature??? from the beginning - first moment of realization.. to the end..  are good looks, his intelligence, his good pedigree, family.. none of it ever plays a role?

Not Asian so won't talk about Asian society. 

#5--I use to think people's attractiveness (except for height) wasn't important until my best friend pointed out that all my significant others managed to quite attractive, so I was obviously doing some unconscious weeding out early in the game.

That aside, the first thing that consciously interest me in a man is him being smart and fast enough to get my jokes. (now that might be about formal education but there are educated people who don't get my deadpan humor and auto-diadacts who do.  BTW US education is not a stand in for money. My friends are the best educated poor people because most of them are artists and or teachers of one sort or the other.

Since so many of my friends were/are artists jobs were what we did to feed us and little more. In the early days it was never a part of our self-defination. (GS working at the gas station is an example of that, as is DT working as a designated driver)

The next conscious thing is a sense of decency and integrity. I guess that comes under nature and while it is hard to guess that in one meeting you can sometimes tell by how they speak about others. 

I can honestly say that the person and their values and not their pedigree or  family was the deciding factor in our selection process. That is why I come from a long line of poor people. lol.

12 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I think what triggers love is person specific. The qualities that might make someone fall in love (gentleness and consideration) anothe person might find boring and whimpy. 

Also I think love and marriage are two related but different things.  I think love is an important factor in a marriage but not a good enough reason to get married. In my opinon --which I'm sure is not universal, marriage is about wanting to build a life with someone whom (hopefully) you love.  It is possible to love someone without wanting to build a life with that person.  Some people might say not wanting to build a life with a person means it isn't love, but I would disagree. It is possible for two people to love eachother deeply but have irreconcilable view on having children.  In that case those people should probably not build a life together. 

21 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

About GS: the fact that she hid behind trash bags, later put her wig on the dog's head and in the end, she was in trash illustrates how low her self-esteem is. There is a gradation in the hide and seek. First, she is next to trash, than she sees herself like a dog, finally she is trash herself. That's why DT was moved and shocked because he realised how hurt GS is. 

That was quite a moment in the drama.  It would have been easy for the audience to find it all amusing, but DT reaction lacked amusement. The scene showed the moment that sometimes happens when you tell what you think is a great joke and accidentally reveal a deep private truth. 

12 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

3 K-stars who gave acting lessons during drama shoot

Veteran actors have been teaching less-experienced coworkers during their film or TV drama shoots, according to local media outlets.

Here is a list of actors well known for their tutelage:
Namkoong Min

CjH5gZQWUAAKirT.jpg

The 38-year-old actor is not only known for his heart-throbbing looks, but also for his great acting skills. As the lead of new TV drama “Beautiful Gong Shim,” he taught his counterpart Minah about the basics of acting.

“We met on holidays to practice over and over again. I‘ll never forget how helpful he was,” said Minah.

source

So the dad is going to die and Halmoni wants Dan Tae to find Jun Pyo. He is smart, he will figure it out but will keep it quite because that is how he is. And I love, love our OTP. They keep doing small things that means a lot for each other. Its natural with the two. Starting from their awkward way of putting band aid to the conversations that followed, I am in love with DT-GS. I don't know what to feel about GM. She is harmless, superficial, does the wrong thing to go ahead. I can still overlook her silly and quite childish ways around GS to get JS but going after a guy and basically stalking him to get him to date her, that makes her even more pathetic for me. I am sure she will make some excuse and they will not go to the restaurant. I am glad, I hope GS-DT can have their date quietly and nicely.

Annyeong chingu deul :)

Hi @valsava chingu, you are here too. BGS is now one of my fave new dramas. Now my weekend wont be dull anymore.

I'm glad that NGM finally is the lead of a major broadcasting station and he's killing it. He's gorgeous in this drama even though only in his sweater, sweat pants and flipflops. His smiles are infectious.

Looking at this drama and some trailer, I guess GM finally caught JS, she will bring him home to introduce to the parents and GS. Poor GS with her stricken look when she saw whos the guy that her sister is dating.

Can't wait for next weekend because GS take off her wig. And DT is going to rescue her again.

I know Dante's aunt means well but she's being really irritating trying to hide the truth. Does Dante even know his dad is in the hospital? Kinda feel sad for the Grandmother too knowing everyone around her just wants to see her die soon. Let's hope the truth comes out sooner than later. And omg we got the confession so early in the show. Even though he was drunk, a confession is a confession. Did I mention they look adorable together?

If GongMi was nice she would become like the standard female lead of daily dramas who draws in the cold chaebol and 1 nice guy 2nd male  and the drama would have to change name to "GongMi, Fighting!!!"

The title on viki My fair lady GS. I have been wondering if it is influenced by the play my fair lady. This would mean that DT decides to change GS make her smarter and have more confidence in herself. Like he said, she doesn't need to change her looks, but rather her self-esteem. DT would be the one who helped. What do you think?

As for GM, it is pretty obvious, she needs to change too.

I find this drama too funny xD I love DT and GS :heart:  Their interactions were too awkward.. GS keeps telling herself that DT isn't her ideal type, but we all know that she is slowly falling in love u.u 

As someone said before GM is only treated this way at home, outside all the men are in love with GS.. GM is more beautiful than GS, so ,at first in real life, our attention will be for GM, but after knowing them better we will prefer GS.

I can't like GM, i really can't stand how she treats her sister and how she is self-centered: she doesn't like that GS has the attention of the men, that she does well in work and that she can give financial support to the family.. I can't wait to see when she will discover that DT is the heir muahahah She will like JS the same or she will try to steal GS's "boyfriend"? I really hope in a character development.. 

During the hide-and-seek game, we can understand how low the GS's self-esteem is :bawling: I think DT will help her to increase it..

The aunt is terrible for two reasons:

- she doesn't want the past to be revealed;

- she didn't tell ADT that his "father" was ill at the hospital.

She wants to keep ADT by her side, but she allows ADT to feel hurt. He blames himself, while he is the real victim. 

I have been thinking that his father had lost their real son and one night, they found PJ who was wandering around. They decide to take him in order to feel less pained after their loss. They knew who PJ was all along, but wanted to keep him for themselves. 

seems like our medusa is starting releasing her snakes one at a time. Now she "accidentally" forgetting her umbrella and playing innocent. after that she play the "I made this cookies" role play. and after that she just hit on JS by asking him out...waaaahhh really.... this medusa really know how to play it nice. I really hope someday JS will ask you to make the cookies again in front of him I really love to see how you're going to frantic.... 

I keep laughing when DT found GS at the minimart and she's applying the fake eyelashes, I shocked as well as DT to see GS like that... our cute GS is really hillarious..

and to able carrying drunk DT to the apartment, no wonder her back aching so much... this episode is daebak... the writer really smart to create such a funny conversation between DT and GS everytime.

starting this episode seems DT begin to build his feeling to GS, yeah build it up higher DT make her fall in love with you....

9 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Now that i watch it with subs.. we unnecessarily mistreat GM..

She took the cookies after GS shunned them..and the family was planning to eat it..

That's not evil...or wrong..

Annyeong Chingu's  @bebebisous33 @irilight @valsava @Ldy Gmerm It's good to see you here. This drama is so funny and I am really enjoying watching this drama. 

@enigmatic_zephy  It may not be evil but it's wrong of her to take it Chingu: ( Just saying how I feel) I have not had the chance to watch with subs yet. GM giving the class cookies is because she is trying to grab JS's attention for herself. GM is playing him and will be lying to him for a long time. If she was doing this because she really likes him for himself , than I wouldn't be so pissed but she is doing because of his background and she thinks he is the heir to a fortune.  

Someone here said that JS is to good for her and I agree. She is a gold digger who would walk over her dying sister to get what she wants. When she first her sister hurt , she was not mad that someone bullied her sister. She probably think her sister deserved and she looks down at her sister. I truly feel bad for GS because I fear that none of her family would ever k is she is missing unless they need her . It's sad that GS LIKES TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK BECAUSE HER PARENTS WOULD BE FRANTIC WHEN THEY COULDN'T FIND HER. HOW COULD PARENTS TREAT  THEIR CHILD LIKE THAT. SMH SMH  LOOK WHERE SHE SLEEPS IN A CLOSET THAT IS HORRIBLE EVEN HER PARENTS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. 

I am soooooo disgusted by her parents that I wish she would be transformed like the princess she is and to be pampered for the first time in her life and let her sister feels the same pain she felt all these years. 

Archived