[Drama 2016] Beautiful Gong Shim 미녀 공심이

mysignisflower

I'll start posting the supporting characters descriptions from the official site. Maybe someone who understands Korean can translate for us.

오현경 이미지

본명오현경

주재분 (50)

“여자는 예쁘면 장원급제와 동급이다!”

공심 공미 자매의 어머니.

신장 171cm. 자타공인 쭉쭉빵빵. 머리 나쁨. 지식 없음. 미스 강릉 출신. 매우 뻔뻔함. 목소리 엄청 큼. 미모 유전자는 큰 딸에게 주고 맹한 유전자는 작은 딸에게 주었다.

공혁씨 집안의 재산만 보고 결혼했다가 허니문 베이비를 임신하고 신혼 6개월에 시댁이 쫄딱 망해서 인생 꼬인 케이스.

인생의 목표는 이쁘고 공부 잘하는 큰딸 공미를 성공시켜 재벌가에 시집보내는 것. 큰딸에게 헌신하는 반면 집안 가사는 물론이고 온갖 잡일 험한 일은 작은 딸 공심에게 시킨다. 스트레스도 작은딸에게 푼다.

큰딸이 재벌3세 석준수와 가까워지는 것이 성공하자 이미 자신도 재벌 사모님이 된 듯이 행세한다.

우현 이미지

본명우현

공 혁 (52)

도련님으로 자라 머슴으로 살고 있는 비운의 남자!

공심 공미 자매의 아빠.

명석한 두뇌. 명문대 법대 졸업. 그러나 신장 166cm. 외모가 많이 섭섭하다. 부유하게 자라서 승마 골프는 수준급이며 그림 도예에 조예가 깊다. 그러나 지금은 아무짝에 쓸 데가 없다.

명석한 두뇌는 큰 딸에게 주고 보잘 것 없는 외모는 작은 딸에게 주었다.

고시 준비 중에 8등신 절세미녀 주재분과 결혼해서 세상 모든 것을 가진 듯 보였으나 결혼 6개월째 되던 날 집이 완전히 망하면서 덤으로 빚도 생겨버렸다. 사법고시도 될 듯 될 듯 안되고 계속 떨어지더니 결국 고시공부는 13년 만에 포기하고 말았다.

현재, 중학교 동창이 운영하는 부동산중개소에 나가고 있다. 자신의 열등한 외모 유전자를 물려받은 작은딸에게는 더욱 미안한 마음을 가지고 있다. 그러나 서로 말이 통하는 건 역시 작은 딸 뿐이다.

More later....

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much @Misstwilightfan1416 - for NinjaReflection recapping!

Continuing with the supporting character descriptions.

(SBS did not have a photo of her)
Jung-Hye-Sun-01.jpg

남순천 | 정혜선

남순천 (78)

황혼의 카리스마!

‘스타유통그룹’ 회장.

석대황의 모친. 준표와 준수의 할머니.

하지만 석대황은 죽은 남편이 밖에서 낳아온 혼외자로 석대황은 물론 손자인 준수도 남순천 회장과는 피 한 방울 섞이지 않은 가족이다.

며느리가 사망하고 손자 준표가 실종되고 친아들마저 자동차사고로 떠나보냈다. 졸지에 모두 사라진 것이다. 결국 남은 건 석대황과 석준수 그리고 며느리 염태희뿐이다. 그래서 가족이 있어도 외롭다.

중소기업의 스타유통을 대기업으로 일으킨 능력가. 카리스마 넘치고 추진력 또한 강하지만 다소 독단적이다.

모든 사람을 의심하고 경계해야하는 인간관계에 지쳐있다.

사장 비서실로 새로 입사했다는 공심이와 준수의 보좌역으로 특채되어 회사에 들어온 단태와 만나게 되면서 다시 웃음을 찾게된다.

견미리 이미지
본명견미리

염태희 (53)

아름다운 여제

석준수의 어머니. 석대황의 부인.

기 있는 가수 출신. ‘스타유통그룹’의 선대회장인 석주철의 혼외자인 석대황과 결혼해 아들 준수가 9살이 될 때까지 숨어 살아오다 친손자가 실종되고 며느리와 외아들이 사망하면서 스타유통그룹의 하나뿐인 며느리가 되었다. 이제 아들 준수는 유일한 후계자다. 흔들리지 않는 지위를 가지게 되었다. 성공이라면 성공이다.

하지만 시어머니 남순천 회장이 그 지위를 인정하지 않는다. ‘언젠가는 인정할 수밖에 없겠지... 저승갈 때 회사 지분 싸들고 갈 수는 없으니까’. 그래서 시어머니의 태도를 참아주고 있다.

hi everyone after watched the 2 episode i love this drama how can a drama have so many evil people

I hate GM seriously how can you treat someone like this she has hurt her sister  and she is not the best lawyer they are a  lot of people who can take her job 

The part who bothered me the most was when  she was faking cried to her sister she know that she is hurting her sister but she don't care of that   she is going soo far only for have a promotion but in the end she is direspecful toward his family she could have pay all the debt of her  father but no she is ambitious it's clear that she will go after js why because  she loves money and the power 

And also in fact i do not love all the familly of GS they do not take of her she is alone and the woman who have hit GS she is really crazy she is a bad woman

i love js he soo gentle so cute but i pity him  because his grandmother blame him for the dead of the others members of the family.
sincerely i hope that when JS will know that DT is the people that  his almmoni his looking for he will not become evil well i do not know if you remember but JS was jealous of DT when they were playing to basketball his facial expression wasn't the same  because when he hear from DT that his grandma talk about the war korean with him and the relation between JS and his grandma is not good at all so she will never says to him never

what can i  say about GS even if  the life is hard i like her because she is strong she say what she think that was soo funny the scene with the man DOG AJUSSI the wife of the director choose her because of this reason

FITHING !!! everyone

Hi @LavelyShai. Thank you for the new stills.  I wonder if that is going to be Gong-Shim dream?

Welcome to the thread, @melisa1248.    I think everyone on the thread has so far expressed dislike for GM, so you are in good company :)  And likewise, most people seem to like both DT and JS. :wub:  I hope their Bromance continues after it is discovered that DT is the real heir, the lost child,  Jun Pyo.

I'll hold off posting the last two characters from the official site, until we see if someone can actually translate these for us.

Minah's fans sent 2 food trucks to filming site

CijHn_GVEAAydem.jpg

@irilight Thanks for the info. It means that GS' father is just book smart and not street smart. 

@melisa1248 Welcome to this thread!! balloons smiley Yes, all of the users here are now disliking GM. So you're not alone. Yet, I am sure, she will change at some point, but for that, a lot must happen to her so that she realises, she needs to change her behaviour. On the other hand, I don't think that JS was jealous of DT, when he discovered that DT could come close to his halmoni. He was more surprised and shocked as he had never heard or seen such a behaviour about his halmoni. She doesn't treat his mother and father very nicely either. For jealousy, it is too soon. 

The question is: will JS notice GM after meeting her and knowing that she is GS' sister, he will become interested in her? Or will he ignore her as he likes GS more?

I am afraid that the first solution might happen. So far, no one knows how GS is treated by her own family. Although DT was nice to GS as he helped her with the assault, GS doesn't know it. She notices his kindness, when he rescued her from the bird poop. However, his behaviour is also rather rude to her:

- he makes fun of her because of her wig

- he destroyed her plant (it wasn't intentional)

- he kind of "stalked" her with the gas station. She found him bothersome

- he did say some harsh things like "she is trespassing aso"

So her encounters with him weren't that nice. Yet, he invited her to eat together and he congratulated her for the new job. As conclusion, she knows, he is a nice guy, but not someone she will fall in love. 

The problem is that DT and JS have no idea about the family' s dynamic that GM is treated like a queen and GS is ignored by them. I would like it to be discovered soon so that DT might decide to change his behaviour. He should make it more obvious that he cares about her. I also hope that JS will witness it too.

No wonder, she is falling for JS as he is the only one who has treated her so nicely: the comment (you're cute), the help for the elevator, the phone call in order to find out about the job ... he has never lost his temper in front of her and he has always paid attention to her.

Watching the first two eps. Its entertaining, i enjoyed so much. Not familiar with Minah or Her sister's acting. But its just ok. I cant believe now i am watching Namgoong Min in comical acting after Remember. He is a great actor, right! Just like of you guys, i hate the parents so much. They did not do something to make a living and treat their daughters differently. Feel bad for Gong Shim. I dont hate Gong Mi but not like her either. Its dissapointing when she take her boss's wife, but somehow i want to support her. If she got trouble in workplace (worse getting fired), it means the trouble in household too. Maybe she and/or the parents should talk to Gong Shim in different way, i can feel they forced Gong Shim to turn down sueing the lady. The pict above, wedding? GS and Ohn Jo wan? I guess only imagination...... But i ship them... Hahahaha.... Cant wait for tonight episode... Gobg Shim , fighting! Find your own job, and show it to your pretty and annoying sister and parents...

All Girls Day member daebak, Min Ah bring so much fun in this drama, so cute and innocent sometimes so naive. Min Ah fighting.

Nam Gong Min proof him self as so perfect actor, before this drama he become villain, hwaaaa i am hate him so much :D

On 5/19/2016 at 7:38 PM, Auntie Mame said:

I didn't know what to expect from this drama. But, the three main characters are a delight, and very well acted by the three leads.

I was excited because of NGM but the fact it was from the same people who created The Girl Who See's Smells also drew me to this drama. I can already see similarities, great cast chemistry, good acting and it's hard to describe but just the feeling I got watching episode 2 was the same I had watching TGWSS . I was just smiling.

@LavelyShai Thanks for the pic's OJW looks so handsome, he and Minah just look adorable but the look in Dan Te's eyes during the preview   admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif   He really likes GS

Xvc0gz0.png?1 

I think I'm liking this drama waaay too much. I keeep on smiling from ear to ear while watching it, It's light and heartwarming and so daaamn funny 

I just love all the main leads interactions, they are so so so adorable and some of their facial expressions when they are together are hilarious, even the second lead is charming with that pretty smile of his, I can't even! 

I've just finished watching the episode 3, it wasn't entirely subtitled yet. A really good episode!!

But here we go again:  GM is even more despicable. She badmouthed a colleague by spreading the rumor that he would leave the law firm soon. She wanted to meet JS through a case, but she couldn't meet. When she saw her sister chatting with him, she decided to take her place in the carpentry class so that she would meet JS. My god, this woman will stop at nothing, plays dirty tricks in order to get what she wants. I want her to fall on her nose. I was glad that DT could finally see

1 - how rude people are to her calling her ugly and low-class

2 - how low GS' self-esteem is. She talked about her sister  who was pretty, while she said, she was ugly. 

He has now understood that he needs to be more seisitive and gentle with her.

I wonder why they were always showing Ahn Dan Tae abilities while fighting and saving someone ...

Is this foreshadowing that he might lose his abilities in the later episodes? Mmmm ...

I really hope it's not.

By the way ...

Speaking about this ... (gif posted by @foodie27)

http://66.media.tumblr.com/379c2f300df906e6fcccfb60ce965362/tumblr_o77uetlWbd1vpmpmko2_500.gif

Honestly ...

Even Ahn DanTae is way too much prettier than me (Sigh) #Jealous  https://65.media.tumblr.com/8f63b344959b7b4ed51e61c98a5cfc19/tumblr_o7jyf7CbzT1qihbiwo1_500.png

And finally the romance begins.. yoohoo..

I really enjoyed the episode..I just hope that the series doesn't go downhill later on...

The series doesn't have anything new or innovative to offer..but Kudos to casting and actors that the character interactions are driving (atleast for me) my interest in the series. Its cute..

And special call out to NM.. this kind of comedy can easily become slapstick.. but it hasn't..and is coming across as genuinely funny.. So a BIG KUDOS to him

Food for thought:

So regarding people calling GS ugly.

That is so true. Happens in real life. Every office/class will have its share of  gossips and comments about the pretty girl getting it easy .. only difference, we won't say it on the face of the person as series shows..but all of us tend to judge others on so called superficial factors..

If a girl gets good marks, she is getting it because she is a pretty girl..

If a girl is with an older man because she is a gold digger or vice versa

Question

1 Is physical beauty really a superficial quality? - Before you say yes, are you sure you wouldn't care for it or judge a person for it..or base your decision on it.. EVER? (maybe not in friendship but relationship? .. modeling as a career.. don't actors get chosen because they are ugly or pretty ..aren't some actors more famous because they are good looking and definitely lack the talent?

2.  Why do we / society want to emphasize on downplaying beauty as a quality? - There are multiple qualities in this wrld.. and i think beauty is one of those..

Its ok if a person is kind .. to applaud him.. (that is also a trait he is born with.. )

But its not ok to accept laurels of someone who is beautiful/handsom? Why?

For e.g. in this series too..

Whose fault is it that GS has no good education.. nothing in the series shows that her parents discouraged her in school to not study.. she herself is responsible for her grades ..

Why should GM be not recognized for becoming a prosecutor..unless you want to suggest that she bought her way into clearing the law exam...

Ok..GM is unlikeable for tricking and manipulating her own sister over various things.. but keep that aside for a moment..because I want to highlight some other parameters that we are judhjudgin GM on .. more importantly..parameters on which we would probably judge people in real society

- Isn't she literally taking care of the whole family - from day to day expenses to debts.. what has GS to crib about.. not unless she starts contributing....imagine the pressures of being the sole breadearner.. GS takes care of her expenses.. but the bigger spend..nah!

- Why is it wrong for a woman to chase and try to have a person she wants to marry.. what is wrong in trying to figure out ways to be closer to the man you want to marry.. that is proactiveness adnd I would say commitment to her desires..which is fair enough..

Her manipulationwithin the law firm.. in real life.. probably will be ok.. because she only mentioned that they may change law firm..she never bitched or tried to make a colleague being looked upon as incompetent.. the issue is with the president..for taking her words at face value - Is this ethical/moral.. probably not.. because if someone else is given my job because she just floated a rumour..i would hate it too.. but aren't all of us selfish.. we do things that are best for us.. you withhold information in corporate life, you filter out things because business demands it..is it a HUGELY wrong thing for GM to do?

Upfront its wrong to have manipulated GS to enroll in the class. but i think the character has been set up to be a go getter.. she excels in studies, she will use people.. she will get what she wants because that is the only way she can lead a good life..parents seem quite incompetent..so don't think they had a good life..so she is surviving based on the skills she has understood would help her.. probably in this case she thought GS anyway knows the director and isn't into romance/ or atleast with director so why not make use of the opportunity... i would have preferred had she come clean abt it to GS and sought her permission to join the class.. but well..

As a character GM is selfish definitely.. and insecured..because she wants a good life and has never had a good one until she started earning..and she has worked hard for it.. studying for a good job, maintaining herself to look pretty all the time..because in real world that matters.. and neither do I think that she does not love GS..but she does find GS to be way too naive..

I know this drama would definitely take her insecurity and selfishness to extreme to basically be able to alleviate GS's 'good qualities' - unfair to the character f GM.... eventually when that happens, i shall also hate her.. but for now..the character arc which is there.. it just makes me wonder..how easily we judge people and then show our hypocrisy in not judging that person :P   (we as in society)

This episode was just hilarious. Gong Shim is just so adorable,

P4NbLov.png?1  

Looks like she's going to be singing a different tune.

I just loved this episodecrazy-monkey-emoticon-066.gif I was so happy that finally GS's mother acted like one and  was actually happy for her. @bebebisous33 The sister is just a low life, did you notice that she didn't even want GS to acknowledge her in front of JS. It's like she is ashamed of her and only uses her. That is sad.

10 hours ago, kawaiibooty said:

I think I'm liking this drama waaay too much. I keeep on smiling from ear to ear while watching it, It's light and heartwarming and so daaamn funny 

Me too I find myself smiling and not wanting the episode to end. This is such a feel good drama.

just realized sthg..some 16 year age diff between leads..

wonder y people make it a big deal in case of other actors..

btw,is director to fall for gs or gm

17 minutes ago, evie7 said:

he sister is just a low life, did you notice that she didn't even want GS to acknowledge her in front of JS. It's like she is ashamed of her and only uses her. That is sad.

But she can't allow them to be seen together right.. she is there as a lawyer from her firm..where they can't let anyone know that the two are sisters..

..wasn't it smart thinking..clearly star is a big account..won't take time for word to travel fast..

otherwise.. the way director was laughing with GS..GM did gather they are on good terms..which she reconfirmed with gs..it would actually be easy for gm to meet director through gs..

I know I'm late to the party but wow is this drama so good. The casting of Dante and Gong Shim is perfect and I just want more more!! Episode 3 is Super adorable especially when GS got drunk haha. Fortunately Dante is kinda like a kiddo I don't mind the age difference. Will be back after watching today's episode =D

@evie7 I didn't like the mother's reaction because it only shows that she starts acknowledging her due to her new job. Yet, a parent needs to show unconditionnal love for her/his children. Because of her reaction, GM feels threatened and she will be jealous. I didn't quite enjoy it very much because it creates complication. Then did something happene after that? No, nothing changed. She treated her quite rudely later. She had to cook for her family.

@enigmatic_zephy The fact that GS was neglected because of her looks made her feel unsecure and unloved. Due to that, it is normal that GS might not have been as good as her sister at school. Being compared and put under pressure has an impact on the behaviour of a child. So even if GS' resume isn't that good, it doesn't mean, she is stupid. Since her parents kept saying to GS, she is stupid, she has internalised it and acts as such. But since she can draw, paint, take care of plants  and cook, she definitely has talents. Now, she wanted to learn carpentry and I am quite sure, she would have been good at it. She is just a manual person. But none of this has been aknowledged by her family. This is all their parents' fault. GM is well aware that she has all the attention and love of her parents because she brings money to home. She enjoys it. She feels pressured at work because she is treated differently. As for your judgement of GM, I beg to differ. Beauty shouldn't be a criteria to hire someone. Hardworking is a much more important criteria. So far, she is taking cases from other people just for own interests.

GM had it easy at home, but as soon as her sister does something good, she feels threatened. Her face was really telling. Then she doubted her sister's words. She hadn't the look and the resume for that. What kind of a sister is that?

One of the reasons why she acted behind her sister back is that she wants to make sure that she can get JS. She is so sure of herself that when he will meet her, he will be attracted by her looks. Then she doesn't want to be introduced to her by her own sister because he might decide, she is GS' sister and he won't like her. She thinks, no one can like her sister and she is so ashamed of her. Another possibility is that as GS is her sister, JS might distance himself from GM. She has witnessed that JS was chatting with GS quite freely. 

Finally GM isn't interested in him because he is a nice person. She doesn't know him at all. She is interested in him for two reasons:

- a good social background

- he looks handsome

She has no idea what kind of person he is, while GS does. 

Archived