How's life after college ?

MissAria

Whats most difficult for me post-college is struggling with deciding whether i care or don't care about other people's judgment. I'm always wondering if i made an awful career choice by leaving my first job out of college (wonderful career growth opportunities, but toxic environment). Seeing former peers are moving up the ladder while i'm still where I was two years ago when I switched jobs. Some days I tell myself I don't really care where others are--I'm content where I'm at, and other days I second guess myself and ask myself if I truly am okay being where I am in life. It's like I'm having a quarter century crisis every day--except i'm not longer a quarter of a century old anymore!

sigh*. most days I wish I was still in high school. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's busy. I wish work days were shorter and weekends were longer so that I can spend more time doing things outside of work lol. Life after college is also very liberating in some ways. I moved out from my parent's house two years post graduate school and into an apartment with my fiancé. It's very different to have your own space and to be able to decorate your apartment reflective of your life style and personality. There's something very comforting about the whole thing. Socializing post-college is a bit hard outside of work relationships and outside of making friends through your own close circle of friends. It certainly requires more effort and proactivity to put yourself out there in social situations and make yourself feel uncomfortable :P . I also feel like the world is "your playground." There's no "set path" per say like there was when you're young (I.e Complete high school, go to college, get a job, etc.). Maybe you like to spend your evenings attending dance classes or yoga classes. I spend my weekends taking spinning classes and taking my fur baby to dog parks :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 2:17 AM, ebullient said:

Life is average at best. It is so difficult to secure a full-time position these days which pays well with benefits. -_-

The benefits situation is tricky because they keep some people working pointless jobs or goalless just to retain them. I'd prefer a universal system where my benefits (health, safety net, etc.) are independent of whom I work for so in case of bad employers or dead-ends, the employee will have some leverage to leave without losing much. I think the search query would be "captive labor" or something along those lines.

Pensions are dying too, no honeypot to draw from. I'm still surprised at how many people oppose unions yet complain in hushed whispers about blatant employment violations.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

When my younger sister went to college she was very hard. I was very worried about her, because I understood that the modern educational system is not perfect and is not always useful. That is why, when she needed a difficult dissertation, I advised her  dissertation writing services reviews that could help her to distract herself from the endless study and get some rest while receiving good grades.

I got a degree in CS and now I work in IT. It was my old dream. My college years weren't easy 'coz I have no time for entertainments at all (I combined work and study). Thanks to the Edusson writing service that helped me to do all my writings at the highest level, I eventually got good grades in English and finally passed all exams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After college, absolute adult life begins, a new stage - life at the university. And it seems to me that this is an even more exciting adventure. But I remember that I always had problems with writing written works. I remember writing paper about behavioral economics. I used as classical sources for writing my paper, especially the authors of the 19-20th century, who wrote about capitalism, the germ of capitalism, and so on. Also modern American and European psychologists, economists and political scientists. I also found a website where you can read paper writing service reviews. Here are very good and reliable services that will help in writing.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived