[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Revive 重生之名流巨星

sugarplum892

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, darkice7_12 said:

@possumbaby Hi! I just tried episode 1 on viki, and it seems to be working fine for me. The gray bar is there, but that's where the subs are showing up for me. Maybe a browser issue?

Yeah, I've just tried it again and it's all good now so who knows, maybe just a teething issue! Thanks.

@rexpon Yes, HaiQiao is a great actor. So gald that he's the one who played FengJing. He Could show FengJing Character and emotion very well. I never have such a strong feeling for an actor because of his acting before... 

Thank You so much. I hope we can have the good news :).

• 2 weeks later...

Phew. Just finished watching the series with subs - so grateful for everybody's hard work! - and I can safely say that Feng Jing is too good for this world and deserves so much better than he got! Having said that, I did find myself heavily invested in his and Li Rui's relationship - their final scene together was heartbreaking, because you could sense just how much Feng Jing had loved him and you could see Li Rui reaching that same conclusion and realising just what it was he'd thrown away...sob! I hope if there is a second series we get more of them together.

Speaking of...any news???

@possumbaby Same with me.. I think I ship Feng Jing and Li Rui too. If there is season 2, i do hope Li Rui and Yun Xiu will love him more and more. And hope for alot of scene where Li Rui and Yun Xiu fighting to get Feng Jing attention. Because i think Yun Xiu doesn't realize how much he had hurt Feng Jing by marrying Lin Xuan. Well.. that scene maybe only in my imagination. I just hope everyone could appreciate Feng Jing. He such a wonderful person.. the best character I've seen so far.

Someone here said that they will meet atound after june. Maybe we should wait until july to have the good news.

On 4/29/2016 at 8:40 PM, IMOmusings said:

This type of story manipulation shouldn't be surprising for any new BL novel to drama adaptations....mainland china is going on a censorship rampage~~~

Revisiting this post... the same analysis/commentary on BL:

https://cfensi.wordpress.com/2016/03/03/epic-post-4-did-censors-ban-homosexuality/

17 hours ago, new_breed_asia said:

Revisiting this post... the same analysis/commentary on BL:

https://cfensi.wordpress.com/2016/03/03/epic-post-4-did-censors-ban-homosexuality/

Considering how much censorship is going around, I'm amazed at some of the stuff that hasn't been pulled yet @_@

In light of that, I wonder whether a season 2 of Revive is even possible considering the only direction the story can take if it requires the approval of the original author as screenwriter 

Okay first things first.

I am not Asian, nope not even a quarter. My knowledge of what is allowed, frowned upon, liked&disliked in any Asian country is limited.

So are my biases. I don't follow these actors, I am not a fan of anyone&anything.

I watch lots and lots of Asian dramas and movies, I enjoy it as a pass time.

So, I watched this in 3 days without knowing about the novel, that it is a BL ( really now, this is BL. shame on you, director) and it went like this.

First three episodes:

My God everyone is pretty, the camera&lightening is so coool. 

Wait a minute didn't I see this guy in a few lakorns? It can not be, this is chinese.

Wait, that guy with a lower teeth overbite....looks familiar too. Why is he the main lead again, I'd rather have the C.E.O of ESE.

What kind of a name is ESE my god sounds like the spanish word for a bossXD

This looks great, very confusing, looks like it costed lots of money. That guy's hair is crazy, so artificial.

Dafuq is this. He's creepin' on her in the cemmentary and when he takes of his hoodie he has another hat on his head *dies of laughter*

Next five episodes:

HA, this smells like BL. Oh the Feng la la guy should be hugged every day. He deserves flowers, but only after a good richard simmons slap  to curb his nastiness.  Well, I'm kinda annoyed by the fact the two female leads are so 2D like no one even bothered to write lines for them.

Who wrote this s**t besides being pretty and giving birth woman also have loyalty and other stuffs like males do. Cut them some slack and stop using them as fashion icons only.

Well this might be interesting if I the little prissy guy ends up with the main lead.I'd so like to see that. After watching Heroin I'm up for a new BL twist in any kind of drama. Boys can be so cuuute, I want to pair them up anywhere I go like pairs of gloves but psssh don't tell them cause some of them ( heterosexual) don't like that. But so what, they're cute, I always pair them up in my head they're all married and have a pet. They can only blame themselves and their cuteness ;P

This show looked so promising in the beginning, now it is so boring.

Which is it, are you here for revenge or are you here to have a mother-son relationship and look at your childhood friend like a creeper.

What is happening in this show?!

Every episode ends abruptly, next starts with a scene that has you wondering did you miss a couple of episodes in between cause it has nothing to do with the ending of the previous one...

First he has to hide himself from his ex traitor friend, then from his 'mother', then from his 'lover'...dafuq is with that

Then he has a trusting relationship with his agent, but he did not tell him he's fake either. Huh, so much for trust.

Ugh i get it, you're supposed to be cute&weird but you're not to me. Funny hats, funny clothes, lots of crying. get off! The other girl is like Saint Theresa or Mary, mother of God. UGH, just have this as all boys drama if you're such a woman hater and can't bother to write female characters well and in depth.

Last six episodes (spoilers ahead, do not read)

MOD EDIT: Please use spoiler tags for all spoilers, Tags are demonstrated on first page, first post.

If anyone ever says 'Amanda' in this funny accent I will seriously injure them.

OMG, I would give my left arm for Asian ppl to stop with this mortifying 'English name' game. It's really redundant and ridiculous. 

I want to take these dramas seriously and I can't if you name yourself 'Tool', 'Cool' 'Muuu' and stuff like that.

Good thinking in limiting this only to 'Amanda'.

My God what is happening here?

She wants a child from the sperm bank? Whatever thehell for, is she barren or what?

He's gonna marry her? My God, this show sucks.

Why did you let me have such nice touching moments between main lead and Feng 'hug me' guy if this is all you can come up to?! *angry*

So let's summarize 'the cute and weird one' has lots of fun in the snow with the main lead. This is a total waste of screen time but then again every scene with her in this drama is a total waste of screen time cause it serves the 'revenge plot' not. It serves not.

Main leads fake mother also leaves the drama, we are left wondering what happened to her character.

Main leads saviour, evil twin brother or how I called him 'the funny looking guy' is also...well we don't know what happened to him either. He was just a clown yelling 'Sign this, sign that' to the main lead. Lots of empty threats and a funny scene where someone tried to run over the fake mom ( that was good for a laugh or two. Plastic overacting, no sense in the scene what so ever).

Now as for the ESE CEO, he was manly but funny looking in those riding boots *dies of laughter* the scenes where Feng 'hug me' and CEO are fighting together are also only comic relief material XDXDXDXDXD

buuut the two of them are so cute together, I'd like to seem them in a real BL drama together. They had more chemistry then the main lead and Feng 'hug me', no one can deny that.

Now I know they borrowed 'that guy' from lakorns, probably because he looks 'evil' but such nice hands and fingers *shiny eyes* so in the end besides him being jealous over that Saint Theresa 'I want a child but i don't want to use you as an umbrella' he didn't do much in the drama either.

That is a huge mistake because how can you have a revenge drama without focusing on the main 'plot leads' and skipping off to focus on the main 'love leads' only you don't even do that properly either.

I honestly was surprised of 'Amanda's' decisions. I know lots of girls who'll do anything for their boyfriends but in general woman aren't this stupid and their loyalty is not easily given. I thought for a while Feng 'hug me' and Amanda can be together. But then I read that this is BL so I scrapped that thought.

The Feng 'hug me' actor is the star of this drama. He did good. But the writting and the acting in general. Sorry but this was horrible. Just horrible.

And no, having that girl die in the sequel can not fix that this drama sucks. Do shut up everyone, killing off females so the males can be together is not how things work.

Males can't kiss because other males don't want them too. Woman are not the issue here. But if you think the world is perfect without them ahahahahahaha boy do I got some news for you guys. BIG news.

This is the first BL drama I ever watched, although it wasn't really BL. TBH I never watch stuff with such theme. But this drama convinced me and I totally shipped feng jing and yun xiu together lol I am wondering how the novel is. I wish there was more to the ending though :(. This drama got my feels in a mess, I wish I could ship yun you with all 3 of the ppl that likes him haha. Like I felt bad for lin xuan, Liu Yi, and feng jing. 

@CatD I don't really watch bl too. But i don't like bg.. so i usually watch bromance. This drama catch my attention and i totally fall in love with Feng Jing (Hai Qiao). We are waiting for season 2, but if they will not make season 2, just take the novel happy ending. It's the real ending anyway ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the whole series with pretty decent English subs on   moviesengsub.com  Here's a link:  http://moviesengsub.com/revive-eng-sub/

A translation of the novel by translator Midori just began on Wattpad.  It is up to 4 chapters as of right now.  Here's a link:  https://www.wattpad.com/story/74755181-reincarnation-of-a-superstar

Spoiler

The four chapters of the novel I have read so far are very clear that Yun Xiu is gay.  In fact, pre-car crash, his career had stalled because he had been outed, and he had lost a Golden Cypress award he had been nominated for for precisely that reason.  He is seriously in love with someone who is referred to as "that person," presumably to be identified later on.  In the pre-crash/plastic surgery days, Feng Jing  once came to his flat, blind drunk, insisting that Yun Xiu call "that person" to come for a 3P because Feng Jing had a big crush on him and suspected they had a relationship.  The righteous Xiuge refused and put Xiao Feng under a cold shower before delivering a lecture on living his life right.  Feng Jing curled up against his chest and spent the night.  Yun Xiu has a flash back of this at the end of his ESE audition when he meets Feng Jing after being "reincarnated" as Mu Zi Che.   As for Lin Xuan, Yun Xiu adores her.  They are kindred spirits in their righteousness and naive approach to love and life.  He has always tried to protect her from the bad stuff that happens to female starlets, and she was the only friend who publicly stood by him after he was outed.  The author writes that she was unlucky in love and that, if it weren't for "that person," Yun Xiu would have been "willing" to marry her.  Presumably this means a marriage based on friendship and shared values rather than romance because nowhere is it implied that he is bi- or that he has anything other than brotherly feelings for her.  Which brings me to the drama.  I really felt that he was marrying her as a white knight to protect her honor and to reassure her that when she passed, her baby would have a loving home.  I bawled like a baby myself when he told her that he would raise the child to know how wonderful its mother was.  He came rushing back from Liu Yi's home in the Northeast because press reports said that Lin Xuan was pregnant and had been dumped by her French boyfriend, but the flashback shows us that she was not accidentally impregnated by some uncouth Gallic Romeo.  Rather, she had made a conscious decision to be artificially inseminated in France so that she could experience motherhood.  (I wonder if the baby is going to be Eurasian, or if the sperm bank had Chinese sperm...) .As for what was wrong with her, her prenatal checkups must have uncovered cancer.  She had always had gastric issues, and then when she came back from France and was hospitalized, she didn't want to have treatment because of the effect on the unborn baby.  This suggests that the treatment was chemo and radiation, because pregnant women have surgery all the time.  After the baby was born, she delayed surgery so she could realize her long-time dream of presenting Yun Xiu with the Golden Cypress award, but perhaps she knew that surgery wouldn't cure her because she hadn't had the chemo/rads and the cancer had spread.  I don't quite get what happened at the end.  Why was Yun Xiu looking for her at the beach?  Did she drown herself?  Anyway, I feel that Feng Jing knew that the marriage was friendship-based and therefore didn't feel cheated.  On the other hand, I do think he was a bit worried when Yun Xiu went to the Northeast to help Liu Yi save face with her family, because when he was home alone watching TV, he got peeved that all the programming was about the Northeast, like he couldn't get away from the reminder.  Anyway, I like to believe that by the end of the show Feng Jing and Yun Xiu were and "item" even though it was kept under wraps.

If you watch the last episode to the very end, after all the credits have run there is a short teaser for a season 2.  Li Chen is still very much in play, and a mysterious older woman (pretty sure it's not Mu Lan b/c she's not wearing her  signature Chanel pearl drops) contemplates a photo of pre-revival Yun Xiu.  Hope there is a Season 2!  

I HAD TO sign up to this forum just so I could participate in this discussion over the absolutely BEAUTIFUL Chinese Drama Revive!!!!

I LOVE BL Web Dramas and have been an avid fan of them for years! But nothing got me this riled up since Addicted came out which actually wasn't that long ago!

I'm currently refreshing the translation web page of this novel every few hours just hoping for an update, Its times like these where I cry over not being able to understand Chinese !

Anyways does anyone know WHEN (I dare not say 'If') the second season will come out of this drama !!!!!!??????

:blush:

@Archangeldemon haha... same with me. I sign up this forum because  of revive too.

You can find the eng sub in viki and you tube. I've downloaded all the episode. I even downloaded the Feng Jing cut. Lol

Until now there is no official statement about the second season. I check weibo everyday just to find out about the news.

For now, we can only hope...

@lemsaine ;D

Oh I didn't know Viki had the eng subs of the episodes ! I actually ended up watching it on Kissasian ! Every time I'm in the mood I randomly pick out an episode and rewatch it specially for the scenes between Feng Jing and his prodigy... yes, he is his Prodigy OKAY!!!!?

Oh wow I actually went on Weibo with the help of my dandy google translate and currently have the tab opened so I can harass it with the refresh button every couple of hours ! May I ask if you have read the full novel version in Chinese ? Because I desperately have questions regarding the plot and unfortunately don't understand Chinese !! *sigh* It seriously sucks :(

Your right... I... Must... be... PATIENT !!! ARRRRRRGH !!!

@Archangeldemon wow, we're pretty much the same.

Unfortunately i don't understand chinese too so even if i found the novel i still can't understand. 

For now, i bookmark the weibo so i can open it everytime i want and read it with google trans. We're the same right? Hahaha

Regarding the plot for what i have read in this forum and other sources so far... At first Yun Xiu have a crush with Xie Yi and Feng Jing has a relationship with Li Rui. But then after the accident Yun Xiu and Feng Jing fell for each other. In the novel Yun Xiu got married with Lin Xuan not because he love her but to protect her as a brother. Then Lin Xuan died. Feng Jing and Yun Xiu got married and take care of Lin Xuan son.

Just watch the drama with eng sub. You will understand the rest. For what I learn, don't really trust for what you see in the drama because the drama look like a bg drama. Just let your imagination running wild so you wouldn't get dissapointed for the ending. Lol

Archived