[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Revive 重生之名流巨星

sugarplum892

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

xD Feng Jing:

Hide contents

The last straw was the wedding certificate information for ESE's CEO. Feng Jing is in love with the guy and they HAD the same dream of setting up a world for themselves in the entertainment industry. Feng Jing just got sick of it all after the CEO brought in his wife and undermining all Feng Jing's decisions.

I'm not actually sure what the news is for the drama since the novel is categorised as BL...I've heard rumours from Viet fans that to pass SARFT censorship they will change the ending to be B/G but I'm not certain...

Although in the novel...there are two versions as well. I've skimmed it but haven't read it, since I wait on Vietnamese translations. I only do a simple google translate on Chinese chapters if I'm really wanting to know something.

What Feng Jing said during press conference? Why it seems shocking for the rest entertainment industry?

How I wish someone will eng sub the entire ep :tears:

23 minutes ago, jijiyoyoleo said:

What Feng Jing said during press conference? Why it seems shocking for the rest entertainment industry?

I'm not sure if this is the actual reason, but:

Spoiler

The marriage was hidden so that Feng Jing would stay on with ESE. I THINK love was unrequited on Feng Jing's part BUT the CEO knew and made use of it to build his empire. Without Feng Jing, ESE would have a different CEO. The wife lady is also very nervous when she thinks that the CEO believes she leaked the news. as much as she doesn't like Feng Jing, she knows that he's important to the company. The CEO at one point said that, "now is not the right time to have/for him to leave".

You can tell how important Feng Jing is by the way that the new guy treats him. I'm sure it's one part admiration/love but more importantly, he knows how good of a manager Feng Jing is.

2 hours ago, Ashley Kuronuma said:

Isn't there any eng sub? >_< This drama is so good.Why there is no eng sub T_T ı'm watching but ı don't understand a thing >_<

I think someone said a few pages back that Dramafever was going to pick it up?

On another note....there's only 2 episodes left so I have no idea how they're going to finish the story...I wonder if there's a season 2...

On 4/16/2016 at 8:24 AM, polaress said:

Oh! That's very interesting that it is one sided in the book. My chinese reading level is extremely limited so I rely on internet rumors on what happened in the book. (LOL) There were some rumors going around that the online book had some explicit content vs the published book...I'm not sure how accurate this is. I would be surprised if they don't end up together. That would be wasted development. The female characters can't even compare to Feng Jing. They even got the iconic kabe-don scene! (Not every day you see Lang Ge Ge pinning Sha Jie Jie to a wall...LOL) Plus the Feng Jing got drunk scene. I mean come on. Feng Jing stole all the iconic female lead scenes/cliches in the asian drama world. 

The dude that plays Feng Jing is Joe Xu. I find him much more good looking here than Journey of Flower. I found him kind of annoying in Flower. All he did was scream and moan for Qian Gu. 

I must totally agree with this Xu HaiQiao is like the perfect person to play the role of FengJing. With that look & stare, man he is soooo beautiful. 

Spoiler

I don't know where you have read this some of you read the trans. of the novel but the drama is a bit more different to the novel. as far as I know FengJing and LiRui were in the relationship for at least 10years and no it wasn't just one sided relationship. They both met each other when they were like teenagers. But FengJing knew about LiRui's fiance but regardless many fans assume that he may still have been together with LiRui despite everything. But there isn't many information about it until you are in like chapter 65 onwards (I think) 

And in a way I think we can put the marriage certificate in a timeline of the novel, before FengJing was thrown out of the company. 

13 hours ago, jijiyoyoleo said:

One of my friend said, that in the press conference, FengJing said that he was resigning from ESE and they are telling like a proverb that roughly means that he was used and then abandoned and killed after he finished serving his purpose.   

Spoiler

I feel like spilling so much of beans in here but yeah. If you got questions I will try to answer them cause  I have sort of read the novel roughly and there is my friend who is so much help sharing the summary of each of the ep. 

11 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

@rexpon Do you happen to know if this is a one off season for the novel or if they are making a sequel?

@IMOmusings To be honest, if you actually compare the drama with the novel, it is already half way done. So seriously speaking after supposed LinXuan's death there isn't that many material that can be used to make a drama unless you go more towards BL side, (lots of sexy time of them) But to what I have heard from people, the director are thinking about a sequel to this if this one gets really successful. But I am really doubting what stuffs they are going to make out of it since (despite the fact I love seeing FengJing) since they probably won't be able to make them straight since the author have requested them not turned into straight protagonist and the material isn't enough in my opinion. But so far, it is still not decided yet.  Hope this helps. Btw which character is your favourite so far. For it is fengjing to the point, I am literally worshipping Xu HaiQiao atm. ahhaha 

6 hours ago, rexpon said:

I was kinda hoping for a bit more depth in the YXxFJ relationship rather than the whispers of it that we get atm...but oh well, guess it can't be helped with SARFT (or whatever it's called now...)

I'm in the same boat, I basically fast forward to all of HQ's scenes because they're the most interesting...even if it IS just him crying xD

On 4/25/2016 at 10:54 PM, IMOmusings said:

I was kinda hoping for a bit more depth in the YXxFJ relationship rather than the whispers of it that we get atm...but oh well, guess it can't be helped with SARFT (or whatever it's called now...)

I'm in the same boat, I basically fast forward to all of HQ's scenes because they're the most interesting...even if it IS just him crying xD

Spoiler

There won't be anything like that because the story of FengJing and YunXiu starts a bit later than now. But atm I am crying my eyes out right now. my baby got hurt & I don't care if he is YunXiu or someone else I will not forgive he broke my bb further. To be honest, this is the first time, I cried over a drama. 

On 4/25/2016 at 11:40 PM, Ashley Kuronuma said:

@IMOmusings seriously? I hope they translate it :))))  ı have no idea how they r going to end :') But ı want happy ennnnd :) ı stopped at ep 9.I'll wait for  eng sub :D Thanks for informations >_< 

Spoiler

Don't expect much. I cried already with the ending they gave. The novel is so much better than the drama even though there is like so many loop holes in it. 

Watch this : 

1 hour ago, Ashley Kuronuma said:
  Hide contents

At the end yun xie married with lin xuan.

I don't wanna watch this serie anymore ...... Ending spoiler .....

Spoiler

The novel is so much better than the drama, in there my baby finally had his happy ending. LinXuan had to die. Why didn't she die? why?  T_T I will forever cry for FengJing. He deserved that happiness more than anyone in the whole drama.  At least in the novel Yun Xiu got married to FengJing and no one else and have a baby. I srsly cried over this so much. Especially with that face of Xu Haiqiao who had a perfect expression to portray his feelings. 

7 hours ago, Ashley Kuronuma said:
  Hide contents

At the end yun xie married with lin xuan.

I don't wanna watch this serie anymore ...... Ending spoiler .....

WHAT!? NOOOO! I thought they weren't going to go the BG route. Okay, well damn, wtf. 

I would be angry if i was an author and some director/producer rewrote/reimagined my ending. Honestly what's the point of turning something into a drama if we just end up being censored? 

Well that ending was disappointing :/

I'm still interested in the novel, Can someone please give a summary of how Feng Jing and Du Fay's (Yun xie) relationship became romantic? I know that Du Fay was gay from the beginning, but I don't understand why his friend (lover?) tried to get rid of him. How did Feng Jing and Du Fay deal with the whole ESE drama?

Spoiler

also why did Lin Xiuan die?

Archived