Broadcast Date: March 24, 2016

Cast:

Ma Ke

Viann Zhang

Pong

Háncǎiyīng

Xúhǎiqiáo

Synopsis:

Revive tells of a struggling actor’s reincarnation as an younger artist and his path to stardom. On the way he is helped by his agent and lover, a seasoned actor, a female actress who fakes a relationship with him, and one who fakes a marriage with him.

Watch it here with English subs when it comes out!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes or read the novel yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Ma Ke - Rebirth

Wang Su - I Want to Love But Can't Love

Ning Huanyu - Love You For Myself

Mao Fang Yuan - Genuis

Xu Yue Tong - Filling in The Blank

Ma Yu - Unable to Learn

Additional Links:

Revive 重生之名流巨星 Dramafever Episodes

Revive 重生之名流巨星 Raw Episodes

Revive 重生之名流巨星 Ebook

Revive 重生之名流巨星 Audiobook

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes or read the novel yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest. I usually don't watch Asian dramas unless they have some BL/GL relation (because I'm a total fujoshi) or has a sense of realism to the modern world. Example of dramas I watched or am currently watching:

• Heroin web Series (Chinese Drama)
  • Love Sick the Series (Thai Drama)
  • Part Time the Series (Thai Drama)
  • Hormones the Series (Thai Drama)
  • Life is Beautiful (K-Drama)
  • School 2013 (K-Drama)
  • My Husband's Woman (K-Drama)
  • Lily Fever web Series (K-Drama)
  • Counterattack web Series (Chinese Drama)
  • Happy Together (Taiwan Drama)

But I'm recently opening my mind to more genres/themes of dramas. This looks interesting from the first episode I've watched and I truly don't care if it has the classic clichés or no BL/GL plot whatsoever. The intro and plot really caught my interest! ^_^

From the cast to the set, Revive boasts of a remarkable budget that is unlike other BL adaptations. Impressive!

Viann Zhang and Han Chae Young are stunning as their characters.

I am enamored by the regal ambience that emanates from the stills. ^^

Started watching this series days ago. But waiting on the English translations. I think I am missing much so I will wait patiently for the translation. So far I am enjoying this show very much. Heard it was based on a novel. Was wondering if anyone was translating the novel in English. This seems like the kind of show that would benefit from a novel translation.

On 4/10/2016 at 0:16 AM, erebides said:

the english subbed episodes have bee removed from you tube :dissapointed_relieved: hope there's somewhere else with english subs...

I noticed this too. It makes me wonder if we will be getting this series subbed in English at all. 

On 4/10/2016 at 0:16 AM, erebides said:

the english subbed episodes have bee removed from you tube :dissapointed_relieved: hope there's somewhere else with english subs...

I noticed this too. It makes me wonder if we will be getting this series subbed in English at all. 

Also hope someone will continue to sub this series in English. I heard somewhere it's already has 8 episodes released, but we now have none subbed in English. I really enjoyed the first and second episodes and was intrigued by this series. Won't give up hope. Revive seems interesting and I hope it will get a complete English sub.

On 4/13/2016 at 4:59 PM, filmlore46 said:

Also hope someone will continue to sub this series in English. I heard somewhere it's already has 8 episodes released, but we now have none subbed in English. I really enjoyed the first and second episodes and was intrigued by this series. Won't give up hope. Revive seems interesting and I hope it will get a complete English sub.

If we get enough people to put in a request form at Viki, I'm sure someone will sub it. 

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Archived