[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

I've put the article translation in spoiler mode for those who haven't watched this episode yet 

Thank you for the translation @amyam01220 :)

River Chen recorded the show with a right knee injury! Insisted on running with a limp until the end
5/14/16
my rough translation

d1785572.jpg

d1785575.jpg

Actor River Chen who made his debut many years ago, in 2008 as Dylan in "Fated to Love You" and later moved to the mainland to develop his career, returned to Taiwan to film "Bromance" and caused a heated discussion on both sides due to his high popularity. Recently, he participated in a mainland reality show "Extraordinary Partner" and during the recording on the 14th, the startling news was that he sustained an injury on his right knee, but he still insisted on running with a limp to the finish line, making the fans love him more dearly.

Earlier, due to a small accident in a South Korean game, ZZ fractured her toe and was unable to continue the game, leaving Sheng Yi Lun to independently finish the battle. ZZ sat on the wheelchair giving encouragement to her teammate. Sheng Yi Lun is in no condition to overcome an obstacle by himself and failed to pass two challenges, while on the contrary, Wang Meng and River Chen's combination surpassed the obstacles with their outstanding performance.

The ending battle of the Jiangsu competitive reality show "Extraordinary Partner" was held in Nanjing and the set of the first challenge was opened to the media for a visit. Reporters entered the recording site, and immediately their attention was captured by four giant containers that hung from a high altitude, according to the program group, in this round of competition, the "jumping Nanjing harbor", within the given time, the players must jump back and forth continuously in these four containers between the ups and downs and pass the two flags.

Although it was said to be lightweight, but it was 20 meters in high altitude, even if there were protective measures, the audience who saw it got scared, how much more uneasy could it be for the person standing above it.

On the day of shooting last May 14, during a program competition, River Chen inadvertently met an accident which resulted in an injury on his right knee. He dragged his injured knee and suddenly sat on a container for a long time, unable to stand up. ZZ who was watching on the side on her wheelchair, motioned the staff to send a wheelchair to River. But River Chen refused and sent the wheelchair back. After the emergency treatment by the doctor, applying ice compress on the injured area, River walks away on one foot to the car in a hopping manner, and rushes off to the next task point. The fans who saw this were very distressed.

River Chen was injured halfway through the competition, although it was obvious that he was limping on his right leg, he still insisted on continuing the program, even when the fans took pictures at the side. His efforts in jumping all the way forward, just wanting to arrive at the finish line as soon as possible made people admire his professional attitude. Many fans who saw this loved him dearly and said "Jia you!", "You're the best", "Brother is really a tough guy", the accident caused a lot of discussion.

source: http://star.ettoday.net/news/698064
http://news.sina.com.tw/article/20160515/17175447.html

A photo of the containers (Ariel on top)
credit: @竹暮山月

69395d4ajw1f3uwqsx0vzj21w02io4qp.jpg

3 hours ago, Sheila Marie Green said:

:blink:something to remember by.....Even how long his journey is....how far he will go.....he always remember her and always his promise ...,to be kept....going back to  her:blush:

Can you please get married now, River and Megan? :wub:

1 hour ago, Sheila Marie Green said:

This is what  baron's need....a nurse name megan ha ha ha!I don't think he will like the one's using in her hand:grimace::heart:...Actually it's a video.....but i don't know how to post it!!!:sweatingbullets:

Haha I saw that video in ig. It's so funny. :D

9 hours ago, safysace said:

Haha I saw that video in ig. It's so funny. :D

Yeah! safyface.......I laugh so hard.....It's a comedy series ,and megan is so good in acting.......I hope she's more nicer if......oh nah!!!!! If the patient is Baron.......She will give all her love and she will carefully take good care of him:blush: oh no! Sorry pechumori ,I forgot......this is Baron's thread......my mistake......don't quote me anymore.....I'll insert another picture beside nurse megan:sweatingbullets: my mistake.......I can't now.....I'm in a mountain .....hiking .....just using my Cel right now:grimace:.....Sorry again!!!

2 hours ago, Sheila Marie Green said:

Yeah! safyface.......I laugh so hard.....It's a comedy series ,and megan is so good in acting.......I hope she's more nicer if......oh nah!!!!! If the patient is Baron.......She will give all her love and she will carefully take good care of him:blush: 

Yea~ definitely, she will! :wub: She won't let her man be in pain anymore. I wonder if they met already. :wub: Maybe the reason why River said that don't look for him because they might get caught. Hahaha He just want to have his 'alone time' with Megan~ :wub::wub::wub: 

44 minutes ago, Sheila Marie Green said:

Another picture of Baron......don't know where it is:grin: It's look like an airport.....                                                           

Can I just take you home, River? :grimace:

Archived