[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, safysace said:

Do you have a streaming link for RTW later? 

sorry for having read this late

here is the link,

http://www.zoptv.com/live/jiangsu-tv

but it will be uploaded in YouTube in a couple of hours, i will post the YouTube link once I see it.

5 hours ago, lovemarie said:

I have here a MV to share with you Credit to from Tanu

Thank you for posting the MV @lovemarie :)

2 hours ago, jbying7 said:

With Baron's birthday just over, I found a few MVs that were dedicated to him...most captured his 4D side..

Thank you @jbying7. I really love watching his 4D MVs because they are really funny. :D

Just saw the preview...:angry:

It's getting very obvious that RTW is scripted now they making it Baron partner with ZZ again.:angry:

They just using Baron for rating milking the Baron-ZZ tandem :angry:

18 minutes ago, wink said:

It's getting very obvious that RTW is scripted now they making it Baron partner with ZZ again.:angry:

They just using Baron for rating milking the Baron-ZZ tandem :angry:

I don't like ZZ since the first episode of RTW. ZZ being with River feels uncomfortable for me. :confused:

3 hours ago, Mar Laridae said:

Watching Race the world

Another link: http://www.le.com/ptv/vplay/25356276.html#vid=25356276

Somebody know what happened in the last task and why River and Xiao Tian didn't pass at first try? 

Ps... Maybe this is my favorite episode so far.

Thanks for the link^^ I tried streaming during the show but my connection was bad. Here's my take about Episode 6. I'll put in under spoiler.

Spoiler

As for the last task, River and Daddi had a good lead but Wang Meng and Ariel decided to strategically use the brake card on them and so the Canteen Duo had to stay at the Drop site for a time. So they finished 5th while Ariel and Wang Meng took 2nd place.

I don't understand Chinese and haven't watched the full episode. But I love how River and Daddi were fantastic here^^ They were able to utilize their killer charms, athletic and racing abilities, as well as their intense discipline/self-control  in the face of their phobia of heights. I really loved seeing River enjoy himself in the games^^ Someone wrote in Weibo that although River's team suffered because of the brake card, it was something he understood. And I don't think he minded because Ariel and Wang Meng were really sorry for resorting to that tactic, as we can see towards the end of the episode.

I will say it again (after seeing the end of the program) it was my favorite episode until now.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, winter2015 said:

Wang Meng and Ariel decided to strategically use the brake card on them

Oh that explains why Ariel looked so worried ... poor girl XD. But it's a competition after all and River understood. 

I want the same as Xiao Tian! At the end of the show he said he want to stay with River and be a team the whole show. The second task got my nerves, they press the red button at the last second! But it was awesome. They both work very good. 
The next stop is England, and in the preview appears Joe Cheng reading the new teams. As we already know, River and ZZ are together again (sigh <_<)

I watched the episode. Thanks for the link @Mar Laridae!

It was a very good episode and showed the dynamics of the different teams.

Me-being biased of course, loved the driving/basketball challenge, because these were River's strengths and he was totally suave when he took the wheel...he drove and paced it very well so that he could give XiaoTian more time to shoot the basket. It was if it was a scene from the 'Fast & Furious' movies. 

And he & XiaoTian were a hoot to watch because their humor matched! ;)

But interestingly, when I was watching the episode and there were live remarks across the screen of that particular China link, and I was surprised..for what I saw as River being his usual man-boy self or his sarcastic humor, was not appreciated by some audience. I managed to catch 2 remarks - "Can't stand the look of him..", "He deserved it..." And during ZZ's segment, where she was encouraging Yilin coz of her phobia, there were remarks like, "See, she's so nice", etc. 

My point is not to stir more hate towards others. My point is we have seen River and how he is and in the Bromance BTSes...he's funny, sarcastic, 4D and yet can be serious and focused...and gentlemanly. 

But in a show like RTW, where it's done in real time (whether scripted or not, it also boils down to what the producers want to focus on and the editing) what the audience see, especially if they haven't watched Bromance and the BTSes, will either like River or don't like him. Especially when he's so blunt whereas the others are more politically correct. 

Again this episode, I felt that the show focused pretty evenly on different couples, yet they zoomed in on River's reaction. 

Actually who wouldnt be reactive, when given a brake card and when he has been on a so called "losing streak." 

Honestly, the things that Wang Meng have said, are just as blunt and sometimes harsh but she's an althlete, not an artiste. Wei Cheng and Yilin too can be very sarcastic and teasing.

And yes, Ariel was so distressed by that brake card decision, she cried coz she felt so bad towards River and XiaoTian. In real time and especially with the stress of the challenges, it seemed that she made a wrong call and she felt bad the rest of the time. But for the sake of the race, Wang Meng just wanted to move on. And they did apologize to both guys afterwards and were ok later. It is a race after all. And it can test one's physical and emotional strength. 

If anything, kudos to the TV station for gathering these folks and just like us, the dynamics during the race can make or break friendships and our ugly sides can surface but in this case, these are artistes/artistes. 

Anyway, I will continue to enjoy watching RTW, enjoy watching River and his silliness and not be too worried about the rest coz they are all part of the entertainment. 

Have a good weekend ahead BFFs :wub:

@jbying7 thank you for your explanation. still haven't watched the show yet, but at least this will help me understand more what's happening

here's the link to the trailer of ep 7 (London station) River with zz again

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU2OTIwMDMyOA==.html?from=y1.7-1.2

and Joe Cheng posted a picture at his weibo account

6b1c26cbgw1f3u218clz5j21w02ioqv6.jpg

cute caption
rough translation

Extraordinary four handsome? Silly Four? Final Four?  #extraordinary partner Guangzhou station the answer is revealed tonight at 9:40

2 hours ago, pechumori said:

Here's the YouTube link for ep 6. haven't watched it yet. still downloading. :) Have not read @Mar Laridae's spoilers.

SKip skip.. watching the part where river drives and the buzzer bitter tap ... and my reaction was like... WAPAK! BOOM! OH YEAH! *CHEST BUMP! FIST BUMP! HEAD BUMP! (Ouch) * hahahahahaha! *just carried away from the scene*

Apologies that I didn't put the spoiler tag to my comments. I figured that's what the forum is for, to share thoughts and if any of us wants the suspense of not knowing before watching, one wouldn't be reading the forum right? Apologies ok... :sweatingbullets:

Anyway, @lovemarie the brake card is like a bonus a team earns and can be used to slow down another team. Eg if a team is winning, if you have a brake card, you can use it on the winning team who has just finished a challenge and they have to sit out for 30mins. 

In today's episode, Wang Meng didn't use it on Leon/Wei Cheng team coz she changed her mind and I think she favors Wei Cheng (they do look out for each other) and also giving Leon some face after they suffered in the cold and were last in the previous episode. And also they were waiters (as a penalty) at the start of the episode. So today Leon and Wei Cheng got a lot of sympathy/attention from the rest and from the way they were shown (I feel it's due to the editing...)

Enjoy the weekend BFFs :)

Archived