[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

On 5/9/2016 at 2:57 PM, pechumori said:

Here's River as "Sherlock". Love the hair (I keep saying that!) :lol:
credit: @田纳西的笑笑 via patricia6002

I love the hair and the entire look! But, yes, the hair is worth sighing over. 

This has got to be one of my favorite River pics. :wub:

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, wink said:

@Sheila Marie Green I think you should ask @littlesame as far the know she also a long time Baron follower and for sure you have read up in the Dupi thread have personal encounter (able to talk in person) with him.

Thanks Wink ! I'm just curious and I have also reason if so.....but i need confirmation first.....:blush: Thanks gain!!

17 hours ago, niq8803 said:

Look at his tired face and we can't even see where is Ms Pig's face on the photo (Baron called her Zu Bajie as in the pig character name in Journey to the West in Ep 5 and her name actually sound like 'pig' in Chinese, so as Baron's idol I'm going to follow him :phew:) only goes to confirmed that when both of them are teamed up together, Lady Luck run off far away!  Why do I keep having this scary feeling that both of them will end up together as the ultimate partner if they managed to go in the finals together?  Please tell me ... I'm wrong!  I really want to see him partner with other participants!  This is already the 3rd time and that's 6 episodes including Edinburgh (of out 12 episodes)! :crazy:

Yeah, he really looks tired. I don't know if they will end up together for the finals, I can only see spoilers until the Edinburgh episode.

Spoilers for Ep. 6 from Race the World weibo and patricia6002 (the players are tied together by a red sash on their waists)

006j4v4Zgw1f3qgap7q44j31kw11xapy.jpg

006j4v4Zgw1f3qgacsf42j31kw11xasr.jpg

006j4v4Zgw1f3qgaiyu5ej31kw11xncw.jpg

1 hour ago, littlesame said:

River did a group interview today. River said when he's seeing someone, his body and mind will belong to the girl, he will have make sure her blanket is in tact, make her breakfast, and only treat her well; others...don't bother.

This reporter said her fondness towards him has grown since RTW, what he said sounds like idol dramas, he's totally the perfect type girls dream about.

He's drinking ginger ale, he should have a daily interview setup for him haha for us the RM shippers~ Have fun in Korea :D 

Thank you for the translation @littlesame. going to re-post the photo here too

credit: @一颗小南瓜

I0OdFG6.jpg

Has anyone shared this ETtoday video yet? (but this interview was around March after the Fanmeet and I think they cut the parts of the interview and upload it when they like it :D)

Spoiler

Here is a super rough translation of this 40 second video~

1. Please demonstrate taking a bath sequence/order
- He demonstrated it........ Head -> Arms -> Body -> censored part :w00t:

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-02h31m37s112_zps4ouoh

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-02h31m38s658_zpsjnvcp

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-02h31m40s096_zpstdz1i

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-02h31m41s279_zpsobds3

2. Tell three foods that you love to eat
- Dried fish (?), Radish, Beef steak

3. Three things you're most afraid of

- Frog, Frog, Frog 

4. Please demonstrate how to throw tantrum (or act spoiled) with the person you like
- [Thinks...... then gets shy and answered..] I don't know how... >/////< [oh really?? :phew:]

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-02h33m11s264_zpsnywdp

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-02h32m51s581_zpsf0bkz

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-02h33m00s854_zps4yben

vlcsnap-2016-05-12-02h33m19s061_zpsksbqh

5. Please expose a little secret about yourself
- I don't like wearing boxer shorts..
Reporter: Just briefs?
River: *nods* briefs or something close fitting (not sure with this part -.-") :sweatingbullets:

6. How to annoy River Chen with one word
- I have a good temper, should be tolerable.

@pechumori thanks for all the dedication and time you take to keep updating the thread. Loved the pictures but I feel so badly for River having to ride that ride.  It is a stomach dropping horrible ride if a person is afraid of heights.  

Hope South Korea goes well!

3 hours ago, chunrren10 said:

Has anyone shared this ETtoday video yet? (but this interview was around March after the Fanmeet and I think they cut the parts of the interview and upload it when they like it :D)

Thank you for posting the video and the translation @chunrren10. I like simple Q and As such as this because we learn interesting things about him. :)@Brutaliskhero29OreHcziLztruV posted the link to the FB page earlier.

55 minutes ago, JennG25ks said:

@pechumori thanks for all the dedication and time you take to keep updating the thread. Loved the pictures but I feel so badly for River having to ride that ride.  It is a stomach dropping horrible ride if a person is afraid of heights.  

Thank you, @JennG25ks. I am guilty of neglecting a K drama thread for several days now. I must make up for that later.  Because of RTW, I feel like I'm handling two drama threads. :sweatingbullets:  But, despite the controversies, it's an interesting show.

You are right. River's fear of heights will again be put to a test and we must commend him for trying to face that fear. It's reassuring that he is doing it with his friend Xiaotian.

more RTW pics from Race the World weibo. The group had dinner and Leon Lai and Wei Chen turned into their handsome waiters. (punishment for being the last pair in ep 5?)

006j4v4Zgw1f3rp4b9gidj31kw11xwov.jpg

006j4v4Zgw1f3rp4dtng7j31kw11xdte.jpg

006j4v4Zgw1f3rp4jpywxj31kw11xnaq.jpg

4 hours ago, chunrren10 said:

@pechumori you're welcome! And thank you for putting up this thread for River :wub:

You're welcome @chunrren10, He has a colorful character and an interesting background. I would love to know more about him. :)

River Chen, who has a fear of heights challenges the vertical jumping machine
May 12, 2016
my rough translation

006ojUtGjw1f3sciy0kixj30go0p1jtf.jpg

006ojUtGjw1f3scirlyo4j30go0b4js1.jpg

On Friday night at 9:40 pm, the 6th episode of the Jiangsu global athletic reality show "Extraordinary Partner" will be shown to the audience. The 12 guests went to Guangzhou, did the lion dance challenge, obstacle racing and other events. On that day, River Chen, who has a fear of heights and Xiao Tang, rode the vertical jumping machine to complete the exciting aerial missions. They supported and encouraged each other, also, River Chen did not forget to comfort a member of the other team, Xie Lin.

006ojUtGjw1f3scisabnvj30go0b475g.jpg

After completing the adventures in the United States and Japan, the group is back in Guangzhou, China to continue a new round of journey. From the recent trailer, River Chen and Xiao Tang ate biscuits while riding on the vertical jumping machine. The tense "canteen combination" pretended to be calm, emboldened each other while discussing their strategy. To complete the game, River took off his hat, despite having an image of a messy, windblown hair, in order to have a fighting attitude to meet the high altitude challenge. After the game, he approached another player who also has a fear of heights, Xie Lin, whom he comforted by patting on the back. Look forward to this Friday's episode of "Extraordinary Partners".

006ojUtGjw1f3scitcssoj30go0p1tb0.jpg

credit: http://www.yule.com.cn/html/201605/14289.html#0-tsina-1-20033-397232819ff9a47a7b7e80a40613cfe1

more photos, credit: yule.com via @不會飛的笨蚊子

Spoiler

006ojUtGjw1f3sciuae9sj30go0p1tba.jpg

006ojUtGjw1f3scivd5q8j30go0b40tz.jpg

006ojUtGjw1f3sciw1xzcj30go0b475l.jpg

006ojUtGjw1f3scix27o1j30go0b4wfs.jpg

Archived