[Drama 2016] The Master of Revenge 마스터-국수의 신l

suchadiva42

WHAT DID I DO WRONG ALL I DID WAS TRY MY BEST TO LIVE.

KDG suck life out of people and don't understand why his life went on a downhill spiral after he was so close to achieving what he was aiming for as Seo said he made to many enemies along the way and never saw the victims so close to him when he thought they was so far away.. KDG enemies was close and yet he went around like he was untouchable the one person he was so afraid of in return gave him his wings to fly but yet that failed.. His mind playing games didn't work on the young and innocent victims.. The money he gave to YH I think it should be compensation for his part in her parents death.. The 40% shares he owns in the restaurant should go to MM it was his father recipe that put that restaurant on the map also his fathers name on paper KDG wife is married to MM dad lol..  MM lost his parents just as well as YH to all these greedy people.. KDG left MM to come and destroy him in the end when you hunt your prey you hunt them down to the bitter end..

I FOUND EPISODE 19 WEAKER THEN MOST

As good as this drama has been written I think TH role could have been written a little better why should he be the sacrificial limb as I watch him taking his last breath his last act for DH and YH was really uncalled for he knew he was going to his death but yet he did nothing to take precaution for himself.. I think TH wanted to die he was so afraid of the killer instinct his father left behind and looking ahead that could also be passed down to his own off spring.. I still don't understand this writer point of view of killing him off when other measures could have suited just as better.. But his sacrifice was within reasons for his his beliefs so he thinks nothing praise worth about it..  

All in All JJH gave a brilliant performance in Master Of Revenge 

Will come back with my final thought after I watch the last episode..  

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched ep 20 with eng sub and to be honest I love the finale and not complain. The ending story is so good.. I can understand the writer want to told to viewer...  the meaning of love, friendship, sacrifice, to let go and moving forward... 

Pity, I just can't describe well.... :( 

2 hours ago, valsava said:

WHAT DID I DO WRONG ALL I DID WAS TRY MY BEST TO LIVE.

KDG suck life out of people and don't understand why his life went on a downhill spiral after he was so close to achieving what he was aiming for as Seo said he made to many enemies along the way and never saw the victims so close to him when he thought they was so far away.. KDG enemies was close and yet he went around like he was untouchable the one person he was so afraid of in return gave him his wings to fly but yet that failed.. His mind playing games didn't work on the young and innocent victims.. The money he gave to YH I think it should be compensation for his part in her parents death.. The 40% shares he owns in the restaurant should go to MM it was his father recipe that put that restaurant on the map also his fathers name on paper KDG wife is married to MM dad lol..  MM lost his parents just as well as YH to all these greedy people.. KDG left MM to come and destroy him in the end when you hunt your prey you hunt them down to the bitter end..

I FOUND EPISODE 19 WEAKER THEN MOST

As good as this drama has been written I think TH role could have been written a little better why should he be the sacrificial limb as I watch him taking his last breath his last act for DH and YH was really uncalled for he knew he was going to his death but yet he did nothing to take precaution for himself.. I think TH wanted to die he was so afraid of the killer instinct his father left behind and looking ahead that could also be passed down to his own off spring.. I still don't understand this writer point of view of killing him off when other measures could have suited just as better.. But his sacrifice was within reasons for his his beliefs so he thinks nothing praise worth about it..  

All in All JJH gave a brilliant performance in Master Of Revenge 

Will come back with my final thought after I watch the last episode..  

The show was about KDG and the pesky Scooby gang that ruined his life, poor thing. 

We all knew Tae-bae was written to die.That's why he had to, you know, die. This is why it was shoehorned in, slightly. Maybe his stupid death, was meant to play off of his "friend's" master-minding. H e wasn't much for strategy, just, 'think-do'.

I put this drama in the Watch but, not Re-watch list. It was good but, afterwards, I feel a little unsatisfied.

Maybe it's MM and boring prosecutor chick smiling near the end? What ya'll do but get your friend(s)? killed. (I skipped thru ep 20, so I don't know or care what happened to Mr Veggie)

So net net observations:

1. The one who started as delinquent off the four friends turned out to be least associated with any 'crime' - :P

2. Why did she not confess before..unnecessarily put tae ha through 7 years of prison...and then whatever..completely ruined his life..and basically was the prime reason for his death....

And then chooses to give up prosecution...

3. MM - ah whatever...the one who cared the least about anyone

4. Dae Ha - ah whatever..you were always irritating..

5. Kim gil do - i mean i don't like you but i don't hate you.. and aww.. you did respect MM's father, you did love a woman, and  you did care for your child.. and i like how you killed Seo Teo

5. Tae Ha - love. Best wishes to the actor. After signal, revenge, I hope he catapults to the big league sooon enough

7. Prosecutor - I tried real hard in SFD and I tried real hard in MoR.. but really something is totally off about you.. your damsel in distress is always annoying... and something about the way you say those dialogues.. do you have a stammering problem?

8. Dude!.. somebody post the recepies :)

9. Cast and crew and whole team: Overall kudos.. with the pluses and the minuses.. congratulations and thanks for a quality drama

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So net net observations:

1. The one who started as delinquent off the four friends turned out to be least associated with any 'crime' - :P

2. Why did she not confess before..unnecessarily put tae ha through 7 years of prison...and then whatever..completely ruined his life..and basically was the prime reason for his death....

And then chooses to give up prosecution...

3. MM - ah whatever...the one who cared the least about anyone

4. Dae Ha - ah whatever..you were always irritating..

5. Kim gil do - i mean i don't like you but i don't hate you.. and aww.. you did respect MM's father, you did love a woman, and  you did care for your child.. and i like how you killed Seo Teo

5. Tae Ha - love. Best wishes to the actor. After signal, revenge, I hope he catapults to the big league sooon enough

7. Prosecutor - I tried real hard in SFD and I tried real hard in MoR.. but really something is totally off about you.. your damsel in distress is always annoying... and something about the way you say those dialogues.. do you have a stammering problem?

8. Dude!.. somebody post the recepies :)

9. Cast and crew and whole team: Overall kudos.. with the pluses and the minuses.. congratulations and thanks for a quality drama

Agree with #4,5,8 and 9.!  I don't know why, but my impression about the KDH character hasn't changed since the beginning. And unlike everyone, I like the prosecutor character :) 

19 minutes ago, Amber Nguyen said:

One big check! Totally totally really agree! Lee Sang Yeob.

@MrsSoJiSub And everyone's tweet is all about PTH. You're not alone with your reaction.

@Orion Thanks for for the review from the start to finish. We  followed this drama. I haven't seen the sub yet for ep 20.. I'm excited. Gonna watch it with no distractions so can fully concentrate.

Tweet of the day...

I knew he wasn't gonna survive RIP. #GodofNoodles.#MasterofRvenge ( Cr: lucia)

ClEskutXIAAVX_N.jpg

cto:

And I guess to sum up feelings for us the viewers of this show  about the  20 episode drama The Master of Revenge: God of Noodles..

This tweet last 160616

"The story leaves you wanting more. It's so exciting and the cast is amazing. A shame that the ratings are low. #GodofNoodles" (Cr:mekuhibihu)

@bebebisous33 thanks so much..reading your posts for this drama. You explain well and analyze little details that helps to understand scenes.

@valsava this drama...  nice, right. More than nice..it's gooood.. The title though.. could've have change it?

And so...I am going to watch the sub later on  taking my sweet time.. as it's the last episode.  I would have to agree with tweeps about their view on male lead tho.

All I can say it, Tae Ha died. After 20 episodes and 10 weeks of hoping our puppy couple end up together, Tae Ha died. At least Gil Do redeemed himself by putting a bullet in the middle of So Tae Sub's head. That was the best part of this finale for me. 

Tae Ha :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:!

Dokku got a happy ending, my fav part of drama along with the cinematography

"Monster - The rise and fall of KGD" would have been a better title

Is this just a poor adaptation or just the same in source material?

TH's death was sad but appropriate for a drama about people bearing the cost of the sins of others. Poor DH...

Overall a satisfying drama hampered by the lack of life in the central character. MM was boring - he didn't have personality outside of his lust for revenge and the joy he found in cooking. The key to a revenge hero is loss and the continuation of that loss vs the hope of something new. In Resurrection (my favorite drama) we meet the main character, Haeun, when he already has a decent life and love and lots of hope in his future. That future is crushed and we follow his journey for vengeance with fear because 1) he continually puts revenge before his own happiness, 2) we see that it's killing him, and 3) we worry about the monster he's becoming. But MM didn't have any losses to fear except losing his friends, so he cuts them out of his life. So we could have seen him truly befriend DH and the kitchen staff or be tempted to keep cooking and abandon the miserable path before him. It's a shame, because a little nuance (and a different title) could have really improved a great show.

Jo Jae Hyun was amazing. That is all.

Edit: Actually, it's not all lol. I was so amazed by the incredible layers the villain had, from his callousness towards his daughter to his secret feelings for his deceased lover to his weirdly paternal side to Tae Ha...what a fantastic, fantastic character. Juxtaposing him with bleeding heart TH was a great move and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this writer's next drama (though please...better protagonist than MM).

i watched ep 19 last night.

why Tae Ha had to die? :bawling:

it's really heartbreaking and frustrating because I need to see more of TaeHa & DaHae as a couple. 

I thought the reason I watched this series is because MM but it turned out to be Mr Tae Ha. I will definitely gonna watch Signal after this. I hope he will be big star someday.

On 7/1/2016 at 0:10 PM, jongski said:

@Orion Thanks for for the review from the start to finish. We  followed this drama. I haven't seen the sub yet for ep 20.. I'm excited. Gonna watch it with no distractions so can fully concentrate.

Thanks for reading. I'm kind of sad I can't participate in discussions for series I cover, but I hope you all enjoyed the show. I did, for the most part. I will say goodbye pleased, after my final review. And find a way to make a poor version of that dang signature dish, because I will not rest until I have it. :lol:

NOODLES AWARD

Most Unfortunately Life: Park Taeha

All the leads have a pretty messy life, but few (if none) can beat this poor puppy: his dad was a murderer and was also murdered, his childhood friend was his debt to pay because she's made orphaned by his dad, his boss ruined his friend's lives and killed off his dad, his girl is his boss' daughter, he went to prison for a murder he didn't commit, he had to give up his dream of being a police officer, and he died for all of the reasons above. Sniff sniff. Even the kind Dokku beat him into a pulp once or twice.

Most Lovely in Love: Kim Dahae

Thanks goodness for her being the alpha female for the poor puppy. From the beginning to the end, Dahae has always been the one making the first step toward the clueless puppy.

Most Brooding: Chun Jungmyung

If I had a dollar every time he looks tortured, I'd be rolling in cash. He's just so good at it though.

Most Stammering: Jung Yumi

I loved her character's selflessness and intelligence, but Jung Yumi had a way of chopping sentences into fragments when she speaks sometimes, which reminds me of the frustrating Kristen Steward. Are you...choked up by the emotion or what?

Most Troll: Seol Mija

Writing about food isn't her job, waltzing in and out of people's house and pissing them off is. I love the way she casually offends people because there's not much they can do about it xD.

Most Ignored: Gilyoung

I couldn't remember his surname because even his friends didn't remember him much when they're out scheming to take down their enemy. Give him some love plz?

Most Backstabbing: Hwang Baddie

First he literally stabbed Myung in the back, then he backstabbed his ex-boss, then he backstabbed the prosecutor and his savior Dokku. That's a lot of backstabbing.

Most Offensive: Bibim Guksu

Why? Apparently when someone shoves your face in bibim guksu, you will be enraged and want to help whoever you can help to take down that bastard.

Most Symbolism: Pine nut noodle in soy soup (gong guksu)

How it's so much like the kindest puppy. Sniff sniff.

Most Unexpectedly Effective Pickup Line: Taeha

Taeha: What are you doing after work?

D: Why, are you asking me out?

T: Nope, just curious xD

D: What do you usually do after work then?

T: I just eat, wash up, and go to sleep. xD

Obviously, show that you are super single but only curious about your crush's daily routine. Your crush will pity your loneliness and come at you. #winwin

Havin' bittersweet and mixed feelings upon watchin' the finalé...-_-

Disappointed that after all that work into gettin' Gungnakwon, Myeong decides to pass it over to Dahae WTF!?:huh: He also seems to be as cowardly as Kim Gildo. Seriously how could the writers write off Gildo by offering him such an easy way out (he doesn't deserve it)?! Moreso after what Yeogyeong, Taeha (bein' the ultimate sacrifice) & Gilyong had to go through because of Myeong's stupid revenge plans!<_< And what's worse Gildo is unrepentant & remains non remorseful over his actions, puttin' it down to survival/ self-preservation, really now LoL:rolleyes::angry:

Regardless of its flaws, this drama still manages to draw me in episode after episode, as I continue watchin' to find out the fate of all its characters. The ending scene with all 4 friends sharing a bowl of noodles was probably the most endearing/ heartwarming out of the entire drama put together. It's a shame the friendships got sidetracked in favor of the revenge plot *sighs* oh well... it was fun while it lasted LoL. 

On 04/07/2016 at 3:41 AM, Chii Le said:

Most Stammering: Jung Yumi

I loved her character's selflessness and intelligence, but Jung Yumi had a way of chopping sentences into fragments when she speaks sometimes, which reminds me of the frustrating Kristen Steward. Are you...choked up by the emotion or what?

I noticed the way she speaks and i think the lisp makes her look elegant though ^^

• 2 weeks later...

seems like they would never release the background music as ost?

as much as watched this initially for jung yoomi and six flying dragons....eventually ive fallen for lee sang yeob....never notice he can be this cute while watching jang ok jung.......taehaxdahae is totally damn cute....i never like gong seung yun in six flying dragons but i like her acting here much better....watch this drama is like a puzzle....but they never revealed whats the relation between dahae's mother and mr ko....and how she end up with kim gil do and why she telling mr ko about gil do as murderer... otherwise everything else is good....of course except taeha's death is quite unfair as moomyung can even survive after got burned and stabbed but why not taeha got that little lucky as well....poor little puppy goguma...but im satisfied enough on how they make yoomi unnie looks so pretty in the final scene right after she got released from prison....too bad this drama not well received by people. Nevertheless, i still enjoyed the up down of this drama.

Archived