[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Love O2O 微微一笑很倾城

sugarplum892

XN is the first guy she meets in person. she denies to give information to other guys, doesnt it? XN knew who she was, watching her over time, try to pop up all the places she could be. He learns about WW for a long time, even until after talking to her parents he can be sure. I dont think its because hes traditional, its kinda like he want his first love to be his last, he learns everything about her til he sure about. His opinion about WW never been change, even when he didnt know her when he saw the picture she got in that expensive car. He doesnt let anyone mess with her, he stands up in all the situation to protect her. In contrast, WW do care about his feeling, she doesnt want he being taken advantage of. She be with him unconditionally, takes care of his friends, even when hes busy, she understand and be there for him.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, daynci said:

His opinion about WW never been change, even when he didnt know her when he saw the picture she got in that expensive car. He doesnt let anyone mess with her, he stands up in all the situation to protect her. 

Hmmm.. That's one of the strange instances I noticed.. XN supposedly recognized WW's bag from the picture at a considerably far distance (at least that's how I interpreted it from the scene & I feel the production implied it as well) but when both of them had a discussion in the car after WW saw the vid of CG, he looked surprised about the slander. I was like 'i thought he knew WW was implicated in that', and he was unaware? But then maybe he didn't think it was CG who put up that issue in the first place ~

and then there's the jogging moment ~ I thought he saw WW running and then she ran to the opposite direction to avoid him.. But when they went jogging together in the morning, WW reminisced about that and XN didn't remember it happening ? XN clearly remembered sitting with her in class since he instigated it but the other two?... Hmmm..

Did my mind play games with me? Or was the drama inconsistent? Oh, wells.. It's not that important in the bigger scheme of things. I'm just being prickly. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

If all Gu Man dramas were re-made in Korean...

Feng Teng - Ji Chang-wook

Shan Shan - Han Hyo-joo

He Yichen - Yoo Seung-ho

Zhao Mosheng - Ha Ji-won

Xiao Nai - Song Joong-ki

Wei Wei - Park Shin-hye

Although this is based on totally ignoring all their real ages xD

I think XN remembers all the instances, he just pretends he doesn't. He definitely remembers the running because he was day-dreaming about it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

If all Gu Man dramas were re-made in Korean...

Feng Teng - Ji Chang-wook

Shan Shan - Han Hyo-joo

He Yichen - Yoo Seung-ho

Zhao Mosheng - Ha Ji-won

Xiao Nai - Song Joong-ki

Wei Wei - Park Shin-hye

Although this is based on totally ignoring all their real ages xD

I think XN remembers all the instances, he just pretends he doesn't. He definitely remembers the running because he was day-dreaming about it.

As much as I loved Park Shin Hye's bigger role in Doctors, and even though I know Wei Wei kissing isn't supposed to be as passionate as compared with Xiao Nai, I reallllly don't want to see through another "wide eye open kissing a wall" move. PSH is better now than in the past (maybe because of her skills and maybe because of the director) but she's not quite there in terms of kissing.

Song Joong ki would be major eye candy but for some reason I don't see him playing Xiao Nai lol. It's hard for me to decide on a Korean cast because I can only envision the cast through the Chinese drama because they really embodied their characters (or at least I felt)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thuc-NghiT said:

As much as I loved Park Shin Hye's bigger role in Doctors, and even though I know Wei Wei kissing isn't supposed to be as passionate as compared with Xiao Nai, I reallllly don't want to see through another "wide eye open kissing a wall" move. PSH is better now than in the past (maybe because of her skills and maybe because of the director) but she's not quite there in terms of kissing.

Song Joong ki would be major eye candy but for some reason I don't see him playing Xiao Nai lol. It's hard for me to decide on a Korean cast because I can only envision the cast through the Chinese drama because they really embodied their characters (or at least I felt)

PSH has been fairly typecast as well...she doesn't really get characters that overly display their emotions...at least not when it comes to love. i don't think she's ever had a character that has had a smooth love life (or even one with a character that didn't have some sort of depressing bg that made them averse to love) O.o"

SJK....I haven't ever seen him play a CEO type character, but I can definitely see him pulling off the smooth and cool demeanour. He definitely has cold down pat with his previous roles...also could get away with all the cheese.

It would actually be interesting if the drama was re-made in Japanese...I think the actors/actress pool over there is more likely to have someone that could perfectly play WW and XN...probably even more so than YY =O

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

PSH has been fairly typecast as well...she doesn't really get characters that overly display their emotions...at least not when it comes to love. i don't think she's ever had a character that has had a smooth love life (or even one with a character that didn't have some sort of depressing bg that made them averse to love) O.o"

SJK....I haven't ever seen him play a CEO type character, but I can definitely see him pulling off the smooth and cool demeanour. He definitely has cold down pat with his previous roles...also could get away with all the cheese.

It would actually be interesting if the drama was re-made in Japanese...I think the actors/actress pool over there is more likely to have someone that could perfectly play WW and XN...probably even more so than YY =O

ooh agree I think the leads of Itazura Na Kiss (the male leads) for both japanese and taiwanese version could play Xiao Nai, idk if they'd have the same effect - but I'd love to see people's renditions of Xiao Nai since although Xiao Nai is cold - he's literally the most sexual filled puppy around Wei Wei lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

I love kento yamazaki but he is bit short to play xiaonai. I think taishi nakagawa and sota fukushi would be apt choice.Both are tall and handsome and taishi San is pro at playing cold characters. 

For wei wei though they are many I would like to see haruna Kawaguchi playing it.

• Like 3

Definitely think Sota Fukushi could fit well in XN's role. He has that....heir air about him O_O the....don't mess with me coz I'll kill you aura is great around him. I'm not sure Kento could pull off the CEO look...he has such a baby face T_T or maybe it's just his hair stylist....

I'm not too sure about the actress though since I'm not too familiar with actresses in Japan...

• Like 2

That KO-Mozart MV pretty much summed up their "loveline" in the drama~ gosh the goosebumps I got between those two!! :D

@IMOmusings I'm so behind on the Jap dramas.. The last I saw was Itazura na Kiss~ 

Although Yoo Seungho could undoubtedly pull off HYC angst, I still see him as a baby~ LOL maybe Jin Gu is free? He's really good, too.

Song Joongki definitely crossed my mind coz he's really pretty too & an excellent actor, but a college boy? He has a baby face for sure, unfortunately that's stretching it. Like how Park Haejin is still Yoo Jung~ (but I adoooore PHJ)

Oh well~ all of this is wishful thinking anyway.. Alert me when there's news. Haha~

• Like 3

I checked out this CF only because I saw Zhang Yixing (EXO's Lay) on the vid cover and I find his earnestness very adorable since he's everywhere lately (please don't overwork him, SM).. Anyway, I thought wow~ an action themed ad, cool! Lemme check it out.. So IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN I SAW THE ENTIRE THING~ o_O

Spoiler

First was, "ooohh Li Yifeng!" Then they went Lara Croft on me and I went "ooohhh kinda like The Lost Tomb 1.5"~~ the plastic bottle as key was highlarious LOLOL

and then out came this dude in a suit who I at first thought was Lay.. But when I saw who it actually was, my jaw dropped & was accompanied by such an audible gasp~~ and I was hyperventilating and  kept on chanting OMG for the longest time!!! T____T totally unexpected ~~ soooo handsome, I. JUST. CANT. RN.

• Like 2

AHAHAHAHHA ^^^^^^^

I watched this ad a while back and yeh......the Lost Tomb vibes are high xD I'm quite sad season 2 won't have YY...but he seems to be in a prickly situation with those production companies *shrugs*

My sister thought SJK was in his 20s xD (she doesn't really watch asian dramas)

I wonder what it would be like to have Wallace Chung as XN O_O and YY as Feng Teng O_O"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wishing said:

@IMOmusings YY has an issue with sequels doesn't he? Lol (he's not in both TLT2 & TG2)~ maybe he wants new roles to explore more..

Hahaha.. GU MAN leading men roulette~ let's put in Huang Xiao Ming and Jing Bao! Lols

All that production value for an iced tea ~ dayum---- 

TLT2...he clashed with production so that was inevitable (or at least that's what I've read)...with TG2...I'm not sure if he was even contracted for season 2...but filming would have clashed with TLT I think - which is why he didn't come back for it? It was a clash with something~ at least he had an actual reason to not come back sideeyesmaingirl

LOL Gu Man Roulette would be interesting, can you imagine pairing ZLY and YY as HYC and ZMS? or even those two as XN and WW....OMFG ZLY AS WW O_O that would be totally awesome considering she's a pro with fight scenes, especially costume fight scenes!!!! ....but she has such a baby face T_T

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

>>> It was a clash with something~ at least he had an actual reason to not come back sideeyesmaingirl

LOL Gu Man Roulette would be interesting, can you imagine pairing ZLY and YY as HYC and ZMS? or even those two as XN and WW....OMFG ZLY AS WW O_O that would be totally awesome considering she's a pro with fight scenes, especially costume fight scenes!!!! ....but she has such a baby face T_T

Really? I'm totally clueless with the circumstances regarding themaingirl or the whole prod of that drama~~

Hahaha~ Tang Yan or ZS as Shan Shan?? Yes, please... Feed those two girls!! ^.^v I beg you~~

1 hour ago, wishing said:

Really? I'm totally clueless with the circumstances regarding themaingirl or the whole prod of that drama~~

Hahaha~ Tang Yan or ZS as Shan Shan?? Yes, please... Feed those two girls!! ^.^v I beg you~~

You know who would be interesting as XN...an older version of one of the TFBoys, the one that's in legend of chosen as a recurring character atm

o.o I just had a thought, what about Gui Gui as Shan Shan

HAHAHA on another note, my sister finished the series today and said the ending was too anti-climatic. She was like "WHERE'S THE WEDDING!!! you can't just show such a beautiful dress with no wedding?!?!?!"-----I didn't have the heart to tell her that in the novel, the dress gets ruined *coughcough*

• Like 4