[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Yoo Jung is like "Oppa...fan service." Bo Gum "Ahh..." Lol puppies 

Btw KDY was asked about his instagram post he said it's because they grow closer while filming they start smiling just by seeing each others face so it may cause NGs at times but it makes him happy especially being around Bo Gum he became more energetic :D 

• Like 13

The Korea Herald > Entertainment > Television

Park Bo-gum and Kim Yoo-jung star in new period drama series

A new period drama series “Love in the Moonlight” staring Park Bo-gum and Kim Yoo-jung will kick off next week. 

The series follows the unlikely romance between a crown prince, played by Park, and an 18-year-old girl masquerading as a eunuch, played by Kim. 

20160818001341_0.jpg
Actor Park Bo-gum and actress Kim Yoo-jung pose for a photo at a press conference on Thursday in eastern Seoul. (Yonhap)

“As soon as I read the script, I really wanted to get on board,” Park said at a press conference for the show Thursday in eastern Seoul. Park, 23, returns to the small screen for the first time since the tvN drama series “Reply 1988,” which wrapped in January and shot the young actor to stardom. His new role as Lee Yeong, a crown prince and heir to the throne of the Joseon dynasty, could not be further from the shy, wholesome teenage boy he played in “Reply 1988.”

“It was hard at first to find a balance, but I talked a lot with the writers,” he said.  

According to press releases, Lee Yeong, also called Prince Hyomyeong, is a bright, mischievous young man who is secretly burdened with the pressures of the crown, concerns for his people and opposition at court. 

Kim, 16, portrays his love interest, a street-savvy girl who dresses up like a boy to make a living for herself and smuggles into the Joseon court as a eunuch. Kim said she focused on making her character as “cute and endearing” as possible and described the show as a “cheery, young period piece.”

The show is based on a web novel of the same title. The characters have been tweaked to be “more three dimensional,” said director Kim Sung-yoon, who helmed “Dream High” in 2011. 

Starting on Aug. 22, “Love in the Moonlight” will air every Monday and Tuesday on KBS2 at 10 p.m. and run for 18 episodes.

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 15

New period drama aims for lighthearted entertainment

By Lee Haye-ah

SEOUL, Aug. 18 (Yonhap) -- "Love in the Moonlight," a new period drama on KBS TV, will be a romantic comedy more than anything else, its director said Thursday, asking viewers to simply enjoy the show.

The 18-part series, starring rising actors Park Bo-gum and Kim You-jung, is a TV adaptation of a popular web novel based on the life of Crown Prince Hyomyeong. The prince, whose real name was Lee Yeong, ruled during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) from 1827-1830 as his father King Sunjo's health deteriorated. A genius in literature and the arts, the prince is known to have pursued various political reforms before dying at the young age of 21.

In the Monday-Tuesday series, he falls in love with the fictional character Hong Ra-on (Kim), a poor but clever girl who disguises herself as a eunuch offering counseling in the royal courts.

Park Bo-gum (L) and Kim You-jung pose for a photo during a promotional press conference at Times Square in Seoul on Aug. 18, 2016. (Yonhap)Park Bo-gum (L) and Kim You-jung pose for a photo during a promotional press conference at Times Square in Seoul on Aug. 18, 2016. (Yonhap)

"Our focus was on creating a romance that's pretty and charming but also sad," Kim Sung-yoon, the director, said during a promotional press conference held at Times Square in western Seoul. "I'd like you to have fun watching it. There's no grand metaphor."

Kim admitted that the producers were intimidated at first by the prospect of portraying a historical figure. But they soon agreed to focus on delivering a more contemporary message through the series, he said.

"We'd like viewers to be able to identify with the emotions displayed," the director stressed. "Rather than unveiling a political message, we focused on telling a story that's easy to identify with, through emotions such as motherly love and fatherly love."

Park, who gained fame and recognition after playing a go prodigy in the hit TV series "Reply 1988" early this year, described his character as a reckless punk of a crown prince, saying he wanted the role as soon as he read the script.

"I've wanted to be in a period drama for some time," said the 23-year-old. "When I was chosen for the role, I was really grateful but also worried that I wouldn't be able to meet expectations. Then I realized that I'm not in it alone, but working together with the writers, staff, and all the other actors, who are all protagonists."

Park added that he has been shooting the series with the hope that viewers can find comfort and healing in the story.

For 16-year-old Kim You-jung, the main motivation for choosing the drama was also the script.

"I thought viewers could take away a lot of positive energy from it," she said. Giggling bashfully, she added, "I was so happy to hear that I would be working with Bo-gum. Sometimes, I find him so handsome that I space out."

Playing a girl who disguises herself as a man was not easy, not least because the "man" is also a eunuch, she said. To help her acting, Kim said she watched other dramas starring women disguised as men, including the popular 2007 series "Coffee Prince."

"Ra-on is such a lovable and cute character that I thought hard about how to come across as someone that cute and loveable. That was difficult sometimes," she said, appearing as if she had it figured out.

"Love in the Moonlight" will premiere on Monday at 10 p.m.

The cast of "Love in the Moonlight" pose for a photo during a promotional press conference at Times Square in Seoul on Aug. 18, 2016. (Yonhap)The cast of "Love in the Moonlight" pose for a photo during a promotional press conference at Times Square in Seoul on Aug. 18, 2016. (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

(END)

lol this girl. Hope you don't forget your lines when scenes with Bogum.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Watching the highlight reel it looks like Ra-On tries to fail her test so she won't have to serve the crown prince aka to become a eunuch?! :D

Yep she is so cute with her confidence to fail but Crown Prince doesn't let her  :D 

• Like 11

This drama will be the death of me. I hardly accomplished any work earlier because of the presscon. My gosh, my spazzing has gone out of control. Uri couple is sooooo cute in and out of the show, I'm puking rainbows just looking at them. How can they be so adorable? Are we sure they're not real puppies? I wanna squish them. 

It's beyond my expectation how comfortable the cast members are with each other now after a few months of filming. I've said this before. I got on board this drama because I'm a fan of the cast, our main leads especially. I hoped for them to develop friendships throughout the drama filming, yes. But with Dongyeon posting that heartwarming message about every day feeling Christmas with the cast, and seeing the cast act so comfortable with each other in the presscon and other bts clips, it feels like they've gone close much faster than expected. I guess with them being young, I expected them to start off more awkward with each other but no... It seemed like they all hit it off from the get go (first script reading) and now, after months of filming, we're all seeing the big smiles, laughs and skinships come out very natural. I think that's why this presscon seemed extra sparkly, as javabeans has put it. Oh, all five of them being very, very, very pleasing to the eyes sure doesn't hurt. :P

I usually don't watch long previews for fear of knowing the plot for the 1st 2 episodes before the episodes aired, and I promised myself to do the same for Gureumi, but I can't help myself. Ahhhh, and now I can't stop replaying it. Heeelp. I refuse to comment on the scenes until they appear on the episodes, but so far, I am LOVING the background music. Got an army of butterflies wreaking havoc in my stomach when the OST came in at the end. I love the instrumentals too. Great job, music director-nim. 

I. Seriously. Cannot. Wait.

How to survive 'til the 22nd?

• Like 19