[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, honeywell said:

I'm more excited for this now that Kim Yoo Jung joined.  When is filming suppose to start?

We still dont know, they will air arround august 2016. since this drama not pre recording. So it possible they will take shooting normally, arround 1 month or 2 month before airing. 

• Like 6

Guest MaknaeC
5 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

We still dont know, they will air arround august 2016. since this drama not pre recording. So it possible they will take shooting normally, arround 1 month or 2 month before airing. 

I read on MDBC dcgall that they will start filming in May....

2 hours ago, MaknaeC said:

I read on MDBC dcgall that they will start filming in May....

Awesome.  I hope we get some teasers soon after.  If filming starts next month then they must be finalizing or have casted the secondary roles.  Costume look test must be happening soon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MaknaeC said:

According to this news http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000598356, Chae Soo Bin (Sassy Go Go) is currently considering a role as Crown Princess. Her representative said it's still under review.

If she's confirmed..KYJ and her are really destined together. KYJ turned down Sassy Go Go, but seems like they will meet here LOL

If the offer is for crown princess's role, will she be PBG character's sister? I like CSB in the 3 dramas she starred.

So, it will be the first sageuk for the three of them, right. How awesome that the maknae is also the sunbae :)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MaknaeC said:

According to this news http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000598356, Chae Soo Bin (Sassy Go Go) is currently considering a role as Crown Princess. Her representative said it's still under review.

If she's confirmed..KYJ and her are really destined together. KYJ turned down Sassy Go Go, but seems like they will meet here LOL

I like Chae Soo Bin. Her acting in SGG was good as a newbie. She got an award for it, right? And she is really beautiful. If she confirms, we have two beautiful girls in this drama, awesome :)) :))

1 hour ago, rhienz said:

If the offer is for crown princess's role, will she be PBG character's sister? I like CSB in the 3 dramas she starred.

So, it will be the first sageuk for the three of them, right. How awesome that the maknae is also the sunbae :)

The first sageuk for Bo Gum and Soo Bin, not for Yoo Jung? ^^

And the character that Soo Bin is offered is Crown Prince's Wife, not his sister. She is a smart girl and an important person in the fight for power.

• Like 7

Kim Yoo Jung confirmed for new drama 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds'

Kim Yoo Jung has been confirmed for new TV series 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds.'

On April 15th, a representative of the production team of KBS 2TV drama 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds' announced that actress Kim Yoo Jung has been confirmed as the female lead role.

Kim Yoo Jung started her career from when she was a young little girl, and she is now widely recognized as one of the most leading and most anticipated young actresses of Korea.

Kim Yoo Jung is going to play in 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds' as a girl who enters the palace under the disguise of a eunuch, and many fans and netizens are showing huge anticipation for the new transformation that she will show through the drama.

An insider said, "Kim Yoo Jung is going to play as a female lead role named Hong La On, and we have deep trust in Kim Yoo Jung's phenomenal talent."

The insider also added, "Please keep your eyes focused on the romance that La On will show with Yi Young (to be played by Park Bo Gum)."

Meanwhile, 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds' is a drama motivated from a popular web-novel series of the same title, and it will premiere in August.

Kim Yoo Jung confirmed for new drama 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds'

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=444024

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Duong Pham said:

I like Chae Soo Bin. Her acting in SGG was good as a newbie. She got an award for it, right? And she is really beautiful. If she confirms, we have two beautiful girls in this drama, awesome :)) :))

The first sageuk for Bo Gum and Soo Bin, not for Yoo Jung? ^^

And the character that Soo Bin is offered is Crown Prince's Wife, not his sister. She is a smart girl and an important person in the fight for power.

Yeah, how awesome that the maknae is such a sageuk veteran. Did you watch her sageuk drama special The Dirge Singer ? It's really good.

forgot that YSJ doesn't confirm yet. What I meant by the three of them are PBG, YSJ and CSB. 

Owh, If it's for crown prince's wife, so she's PBG char's wife ? I forgot that in Joseon time, they can have many wives. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, rhienz said:

Yeah, how awesome that the maknae is such a sageuk veteran. Did you watch her sageuk drama special The Dirge Singer ? It's really good.

forgot that YSJ doesn't confirm yet. What I meant by the three of them are PBG, YSJ and CSB. 

Owh, If it's for crown prince's wife, so she's PBG char's wife ? I forgot that in Joseon time, they can have many wives. 

Well, not yet, I haven't watch many Korean sageuk ^^

Yup, Soo Bin would be PBG's wife, the official one, idk how they call her, the Crown Princess? Or just the Crown Prince's Wife? Ah, the same as Yoon Eun Hye's char in Goong.

Btw, this drama is written by the same writer with School 2015, a bit worry :(

• Like 5

Chae Soo-bin up to play Park Bo-gum’s princess in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds

chaesoobin_1.jpg

The leads are in place for KBS’s youth romance sageuk Moonlight Drawn By Clouds(that’s Park Bo-gum and Kim Yoo-jung), and now we’re beefing up the supporting ranks with Chae Soo-bin (Sassy Go Go, Spy) in contention to join the show.

Chae’s role would be of the crown princess, consort to Park Bo-gum’s lead character, Crown Prince Hyomyeong. You know, the hero whose main romance is with Kim Yoo-jung, the young woman who cross-dresses as a man and enters the palace as a eunuch. I can’t be the only one unsettled by having our swoony romantic hero set up to romance our heroine when he’s already got a wife, can I? Yes, I recognize that it happens in many a sageuk and that it’s historically accurate for the time, but it’s still feels weird to me, especially with Moonlight Drawn By Clouds set up to be such a bright, cheerful, youthful romance drama.

A few random notes: Kim Yoo-jung was in a similar setup in Secret Door, where she was paired with a crown prince who also had a jealous wife. That drama didn’t really managethe whole deal very well, although we have to hope that this one will fare better. Also, Park Bo-gum’s two ladies were almost rivals in another drama, high school rom-comSassy Go Go, which Kim Yoo-jung considered before the lead role went to Jung Eun-ji.

Chae Soo-bin really took to her villain-rival character with gusto in Sassy and the princess will play an important role in political power struggle here, so I expect to see some sparks flying in this drama. Chae does have a nice way of taking a stock villain and making her interesting — or at least can turn that into a love-to-hate-her kind of opponent — which should bode well for the casting, if it goes through; Chae’s management confirmed that she is currently considering.

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds will premiere on August 1 as a KBS Monday-Tuesday drama.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/chae-soo-bin-up-to-play-park-bo-gums-princess-in-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds/

• Like 12

Guest MaknaeC
On 4/18/2016 at 4:15 PM, Duong Pham said:

Btw, this drama is written by the same writer with School 2015, a bit worry :(

Yeah, that's my concern too and not to mention the competition will be quite fierce around that time especially from SBS. First 'Doctors' and next..writer Park Kyung Soo's next drama, SBS just confirmed his drama is scheduled to air on August to follow 'Doctors'. He's my favourite writer in k-dramaland and his works usually received critical acclaim and good ratings (Punch, The Chaser, etc), so this drama really needs a good script. Those two dramas definitely have different target viewers and the sbs drama is slated to air four weeks after the 1st episode of MDBC, but still the writing department need to pay more attention.

Young is the Word as Moonlight Drawn by Clouds Finalizes Casting of Park Bo Gum, Kim Yoo Jung, Yook Sung Jae, and Chae Soo Bin

Posted on April 19, 2016 by ockoala

asdasddas.jpg

Young even feels like an understatement when looking at the fully assembled cast for upcoming romantic sageuk drama Moonlight Drawn by Clouds. When the average age of the four leads is 19 year old, there is something to be said for this drama hewing close to the original source manhwa where the characters are all late teens and early twenties. Moonlight is casting early since it doesn’t air until August on KBS but perhaps the goal is to lock in some of the brightest buzziest young acting talent around.

22 year old Park Bo Gum will be playing the male lead of the Joseon crown prince, 16 year oldKim Yoo Jung is the cross-dressing relationship dispenser, 20 year old Yook Sung Jae is the poet/warrior/second male lead, and now 21 year old Chae Soo Bin joins the cast playing the second female lead who is the chosen princess consort for the crown prince. In many ways this is the young adult version of The Moon Embraces the Sun, with the cute coincidence that scene stealing child actress Kim Yoo Jung from that drama is now old enough to play the female lead.

botie_1.jpg

biuyds.jpg

I don’t have a problem with the younger cast for this drama, if everyone is young together then the ick factor is minimized and the typically romance chaste sageuk further helps to keep the lovey dovey developments emotional rather than too physical.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/19/young-is-the-word-as-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-finalizes-casting-of-park-bo-gum-kim-yoo-jung-yook-sung-jae-and-chae-soo-bin/#comment-424488

PS : Did the last two really confirmed for the roles?

• Like 7

Annyeong everyone! ^_^

I made some edited pics..heheh, hope you like it :phew:

tumblr_o5vs6fUyXY1vrmwmro1_540.jpg

tumblr_o5vs6fUyXY1vrmwmro2_540.jpg

(Eventho YSJ isn't confirmed yet, I just included him there..heheh)

Truth is, I can see a chemistry between PBG & KYJ despite of the age difference! :) & I think everyone here is concerned of the script, right?? Me too :( 'coz I watched the School WAY '15, the 1st half was still good tho but in the end, I'm little disappointed...hays! I just hope the writer would give her best shot & stick to her script in this drama (HOPING & PRAYING)..

I really missed KYJ in a sageuk drama 'coz the last time I saw her in a saeguk was in TMTETS & The Dirge Singer.. so, I'm soooo in w/ this.. :thumbsup::blush:

• Like 13

16 hours ago, rhienz said:

PS : Did the last two really confirmed for the roles?

Not yet, as I know. Not new news since the rumor of Chae Soo Bin considering joining in this drama.

@KSHxKYJ Well, Park Bo Gum would be the young master of chemistry :)) He can creates chem with almost every girls and guys work with him LOL

And yes, script... really curious and worry.

And, we haven't known which drama will be aired the same time with MDBC. The rating fight will be easy, huh? Hope so. Because recently, dramas aired on Mon-Tue nights of KBS didn't have good rating (although they are really good and worth watching!). But we have Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung...

• Like 7

I think the competition will be tough for PBG and KYJ.  "Doctors" starring Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won, and "W" starring Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo will also be airing at the same time as Moonlight.  W is Han Hyo Joo's drama comeback since she did Dong Yi so I was really surprised that KBS would place Moonlight at this time slot.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, honeywell said:

I think the competition will be tough for PBG and KYJ.  "Doctors" starring Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won, and "W" starring Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo will also be airing at the same time as Moonlight.  W is Han Hyo Joo's drama comeback since she did Dong Yi so I was really surprised that KBS would place Moonlight at this time slot.  

It will compete with Doctors for its first 8 episodes or so.. and whatever comes after Doctors.. Looking on asianwiki 'W' is on the weds/thurs timeslot so not a threat. MBC is currently showing Monster which will end in September. But hopefully no tough competition lol! Love the star cast especially KYJ so hope it does well! Historical dramas usually do well don't they?

Edited by Mymindisblank
  • Like 5