[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

It's simple:

As a noble lady you don't walk around the palace, except when you go visit the princess and afterwards you leave. You don't wander around in hope to see the person you like. It was clearly implied the gardens are a place Lee Yeong is visiting when he wants to be ALONE. Yes he invited Ha Yeon there to give back the present but only to make sure she won't be embarrassed in front of his servants. But he also never implied she could just come back. She is not part of his inner circle. Period. So yes it's rude to overstep certain boundaries. There is no arguing against it.

I'm not contented of just liking all your posts so I decided to post again after 2 heartbreaking episodes. 

@JilliaDid I missed something? Did the CP really called Ha Yeon at the garden to return her gift? I thought it's not really been detailed in the episode, I just assumed that the CP was informed that Ha Yeon is waiting at the garden. 

48 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Because if Ha Yeon is now overstepping the boundaries set by Lee Yeong what will happen when they're married? Will she come to visit him in his quarters unannounced? Will she not respect his wishes? Is this behavior worth a Crown Princess let alone future Queen. She accepted to enter a loveless marriage... It's not uncommon for a crown prince or king after the consummation of the marriage to never visit the queen again in the bedchambers. They would usually live apart from eachother in different parts of the palace. And the king would have concubines to produce an heir. Not that I want Ra On to become Lee Yeong's concubine. My point is: Ha Yeon should expect that she will never be more than the Crown Princess or later Queen in title.

Love your post here most especially the last part@JilliaI don't really know what kind of crown princess Ha Yeon will be in the next episodes but so far I am not into her character. I don't consider her actions as a Saint or selfless as the other poster mentioned here awhile back. She has an ulterior motive when she decided to give in to a loveless marriage and that is to be close to the CP and it's very clear that she's hoping to be loved one day. And I am not convinced her love as true love yet (blame it on the late introduction of her character). 

@pyoyongI want to join you and @Bambina at the roof top but my lack of knowledge in computer failed me he he. 

@Earth2KatyDhope you and your family are okay. Miss your post here

About the ending, I am pretty sure it will not be a sad ending but I'll be disappointed as well if it's an open ending. I would like to think that MDBC will continue to be the best drama ever up to the end. 

Thank you everyone for all the updates and keeping this thread alive:)

• Like 21

Guest yumoreo5

I wish to see Jin Young and Dong Yeon lead their own dramas in the near future. Even with such limited and few scenes, they've completely captured my heart. Every scene they're in has only strengthen the drama. Without YS and BY, LY would have never been able to save RO that many times and as smoothly.

3 hours ago, tzupi said:

It is not clear to me that CP's garden was private in such a way that HY should not come there. As I remember it was said by the princess, that CP stays there and reads. (maybe teh princess implied that for CP that is a private place, but HY does not come across as being very knowledgeable about the life at the palace and its hardships--she is a little bit naive and too idealistic).

The CP referred to the places that he knows and where he hides from the servants and others (but that to RO). CP himself called HY to the garden. They also met in the garden and I do not remember to have been an interdiction for her not to come to the garden again.

Moreover, HY does not know about the signification of the garden to the CP.

HY wanted to get in touch with the prince and did the most reasonable thing: went to the garden because in the past that's where she found him.

I do not think the prince was rude in saying her not to come to the garden, especially since the garden is his, women were supposed to obey their husbands. and there is no such a big deal for HY to obey this order--she does not need to live in the garden. (as I said, what I find insensitive is for him to ask her about why she is not in her quarters.)

HY did not do anything that she doesn't usually do: find her own way to get some points across.

As I see it, about the garden incident: you either think that HY is rude in general because she does not obey the rules that require women to know their place. Or you do not think that she is rude when she behaves in a manner that disobey the rules (rules that were unfair to women). I am in the second category. Then, in my opinion, she should not be called rude in this episode too since she does not do anything out of ordinary. The only problem was that in ep. 14 that she is not aware about the whole situation--her behavior might be annoying for us because as viewers we know more, but in the framework of the story, I do not see why she is rude.

Yes I do agree with you that CP is rude because he don't greet HY meanwhile he's the crown prince who owns the nation that people have to respect for, even it because his heavy thought about his corrupt goverment & the woman he love is dissapear is still consider as lame excuse here. He's rude just because HY come without formal permission to his private library at his own palace, even though RO was the one who told her but RO is only as an eunuch here. He also being rude to HY only because she's coming without formal permission again (for 2nd time if when he returned her present not counting) to his own private garden on his own private palace again.

Actually the conclusion is simple here he's definitely not the man for HY here. They are not meant to be!! Oh cmon that kind of rude CP  for a noble lady that have a golden, pure, naive heart as HY who's only tried to being friendly despite she will live in the palace as crown princess that should be the one who gave the example for obeying the rule. HY is definitely not the type for Jeoseon kingdom here. They don't know how to being friendly & respect woman. So I think with her friendly character she should be marry with princes from West. You think which one of them is suitable enough for her?

Spoiler

InShot_20161006_225045_zpslo48enlt.jpg

It's perfect they're gentleman always being polite to a lady, only have1 spouse, no concubine so women really being respected here. Also the most important thing is "And they live happily ever after".

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Thank you for your post, @b3ll4dy! :)

During that time it was even a custom after the crown princess has been chosen she would live in a special place - not necessarily the final future palace - where she would be prepared for her role. Also seen in the drama where Ha Yeon is introduced to the place where she will live in.

The actual wedding is such formal act that for Crown Prince Hyomyeong (Lee Yeong) and Lady Cho (Ha Yeon) wedding alone the whole procedure is compiled in a book.

Usually the bride returns to her home outside the palace and the groom will offer his official wish to marry her handing over a live duck or goose to the head of the family aka the bride's father.

The wedding then takes place in the yard of the bride's house and afterwards the groom is supposed to lift the curtain of the palanquin in which the bride is taken to the palace. (this can be seen in many k-dramas but I'm sure a lot of you will remember TMTETS best in which Lee Hwon refuses - or is distracted by the rain - to lift the curtain for the bride)

So no, it's not common for the bride and groom to meet prior to the wedding ceremony. Maybe through a official introduction but even that is unlikely.

Of course we have to remember that this is a fusion sageuk, so the rules are a bit loose and I understand there need to be scenes where Ha Yeon is involved with Lee Yeong. I just think they're the weakest written scenes from Ha Yeon's point of view at least.

Even though this is a fusion sageuk she still needs to follow a certain court etiquette. And Lee Yeong has every right to question her why she is there when she is supposed to be in the palace where she has to stay until the wedding. As a crown princess she is also supposed to represent the women's court properly...

EDIT:

I still wonder why I go to the dreadful topic of Ha Yeon when I should be writing on my costume post. :rolleyes:

I also wonder why I keep thinking of Walt Disney fairytale too when HY diehard fans come?:P

• Like 9

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Bambiina said:

I know the joke is lame .. please laugh ... it took me hours to prepare this lame joke ... with my limited err zero photoshop skill ..

Now I know the sweat Ahpeng been pouring for her strips .... *standing ovation to Ahpeng*

Please credit her when posting her strip ...... it's so much work ... preparing meatloaf for 20 person is easier than coming up with below cap

ekd6s1d.jpg

M1Gs1xO.jpg

An honest feeling here?? yes it's lame wkwkwwkk. But hey who knows how many lame works that Shakespeare made until he's being recognized all over the world?

I even can't run the photoshop. So please don't stop doing this sajang-nim.

I mean don't stop being lame wkwkwk Onion02_zpsbwva8jr1.gifworld peace sajang-nim

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, febz said:
  Hide contents

An honest feeling here?? yes it's lame wkwkwwkk. But hey who knows how many lame works that Shakespeare made until he's being recognized all over the world?

I even can't run the photoshop. So please don't stop doing this sajang-nim.

I mean don't stop being lame wkwkwk Onion02_zpsbwva8jr1.gifworld peace sajang-nim

wakakakakakakka .... tomorrow I'll do more lame cheesy meme .. wahahhahha...

tq for appreciating 

• Like 15

I bet that in mondays episode RO and CP are not in the same house that the guards are surrounding...because supposedly CP sent a letter to RO posing himself as Eunuch Han and told her the location and hour of the meeting...how can the guards or the minister know this?..unless they have someone spying o following the CP I find it unlikely.

Also in episode 14 there is a scene that I think will hold importance in the future but I don't understand it now...is when a guy in black knocks a door and the guy who opens it calls him master...It doesn't appear to be BY because it seems like the guy has a beard, anyways...Is he a member of the Cloud society?

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I accept that HY has a role to play in the story of Young and Ra On. It's not the one that HY wants to play, but given that the writer isn't trying to throw history completely out in terms of the reigns of the various monarchs, I'm just glad that HY wasn't made to be an evil, scheming, murderous second lead.

Sorry to cut your post. I agree with you @stroppyse that HY isn't evil and murderous second lead but I'm quite curious about her character description below:

"Her pride suffers when she finds out the truth about her husband only having eyes for a eunuch. 
As the romance develops between Lee Young and Hong Ra On, Jo Ha Yeon changes"

As to what changes these words are referring to, I can't seem to organize my thoughts. Care to give me your thoughts about this?

@JilliaThank you chingu for your response to my post.

• Like 16